DAFC.net
Home 03 March 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Contracts
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Wed 15 Apr 18:57

Tried to find the thread but struggling...who is in and out of contract at the 'end of the season'?

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Contracts
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Wed 15 Apr 19:50

think this is right (kids on the 2nd line)

under contract:
Gill, Bowman, Lang, Murray, Martin, Edwards, Dow, Allan, Turner, Todd, Nisbet, McGill, McCann.
Swinton, Bragg, Fenton (I think), Berry.

out of contract:
Scully, Comrie (1yroption), Devine, Ashcroft, Morrison, Paton, Beadling, Thomson, Ryan, Smith.
Burt, Robertson, Swanson, Jordan, Brown, Sawers, Crosbie, Cusick (I think), Graham.

all 5 loans ending of course, Fon Williams, Ross, Duncan, Thomas, Afolabi
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 00:04

Wouldn’t keep any of them apart from Comrie tbh. Would try and get Fon-Williams and Dom Thom on permanent contracts. Afolabi seemed to have something about him so would be ideal to get him on loan again.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)

Post Edited (Thu 16 Apr 00:04)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 07:26

I wonder if we have any hope of attracting Fon Williams,Dom Thomas or getting Greg Kiltie back.

Those who are out of contract but latterly were regulars must,surely,be retained.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 07:29

I’m glad we have Dow and Murray signed up for next season, I’d go as far as seeing if we can extend another year, both have been pretty influential and have made positive impacts when playing.

I’m resigned to losing Nisbet. Think next season has to be Martins make it or break it one, he has the potential.

Would be happy if we kept Comrie and if we can secure Thomas again for a spell that would be handy.

We need a couple of new GK’s, Scully hasn’t cut the mustard and if we can get Fon Williams back it’s worth considering.

The rest, I would rather let go of all those out of contract.

On paper who we have contracted for next season as a whole is worrying. Bowman, Todd, McGill, Lang.

Some serious recruitment needed, I’m hoping we try go back down the more experienced route this time, if league construction does happen and inevitably saves Hearts and promotes other bigger Championship teams have to think we might have a shot of a successful campaign next season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jock-par  
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 08:28

I’d give Lewis Martin a contract to get him his testimonial. Can play various positions and is a solid championship player

We are Dunfermline, we're on our way back!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 08:42

Martin deserves a new contract imo, thought he'd had a good season....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 08:55

Martin deserves a new deal. He's more than proved himself.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 09:03

Would keep for the first team:

Ashcroft
Beadling
Thomson
Morrison
Comrie

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 09:05

Nisbet would be the only player under contract they try to get a new deal for right now imo.

money talks or lack of it more likely, they are going to need a plan b, c, d and probably more than that to get the most competitive squad we can.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 09:33

I would try to keep Ashcroft,the much improved Devine,Comrie obviously,Thomson,Beadling and Paton.

We must move heaven and earth to get Fon Williams,Thomas and the return of Kiltie.

Owain has hinted strongly he is really happy here.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 10:11

Can we sign anyone?
With players on furlough can you just sign someone up and then furlough them, this doesn’t seem likely as it could be open to abuse.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 10:17

"We must move heaven and earth to get Fon Williams,Thomas and the return of Kiltie.

Owain has hinted strongly he is really happy here."

Can't say i'm overly impressed with what I've seen of Williams. Is he an improvement on Scully and Gill? Yes, Is he good enough for a shot at the league? No, imo.

Would be happy, if we could get either of Thomas or Kiltie back.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 10:37

''Can we sign anyone?
With players on furlough can you just sign someone up and then furlough them, this doesn’t seem likely as it could be open to abuse.''

Don't staff have to have been on the payroll at the end of February to qualify for furlough?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: livipar2  
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 10:59

Yes although just changed to mid March. Doesn’t change things in this context tho.

Mon the Pars!!!!!!!!!!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 11:05

Can't see anyone signing anyone until the dust has settled.

Surely next season's budget for all clubs outside the top league will be slashed.

Unemployment will be back to Thatcher levels, debt levels huge.

Will be a buyer's market...but there are no buyer's.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 11:31

Am I understanding this correctly? We can resign (extending) our current players and keep them on furlough?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Roy Barry Fan Club  
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 11:55

Most Scottish clubs are going to need some prospect of games re-starting before they begin to either sign new players or indeed re-sign existing players, I would think.

This means that by the end of May (when contracts end) we really need clarity on when football may re-start if substantial financial risks are to be avoided.

As regards furlough, I think we would want as an industry to get confirmation that re-signed players would count as being on the payroll as at 14 March, and not simply new starts who would not be eligible under current provisions. Also the question arises of how long the furlough subsidies will last and whether the withdrawal of these provisions comes before football is allowed to re-start.

All of this means that there may not be a rush to sign players on 1 June -- much depends on how the next six weeks plays out.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 12:14

Not just restarting but restarting with paying fans. That doesn’t look likely for a while if Prof. Ferguson’s comments this morning are going to be heeded. I very much doubt there’ll be many spfl clubs who can afford to play games behind closed doors tbh.

“Speaking to BBC Radio 4's Today programme, Prof Ferguson, of Imperial College London, said easing the lockdown after another three weeks would depend on "how quickly case numbers go down".
He said that required "a single-minded emphasis" in government and the health system on "scaling up testing and putting in place the ability to track down cases in the community and contact-trace".
Prof Ferguson added: "Without that, our estimates show we have relatively little leeway; if we relax measures too much then we'll see a resurgence of transmission.
"What we really need is the ability to put something in their place. If we want to open schools, let people get back to work, then we need to keep transmission down in another manner.
"And I should say, it's not going to be going back to normal. We will have to maintain some level of social distancing, a significant level of social distancing, probably indefinitely until we have a vaccine available."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 13:25

I wouldn't pay too much attention to Prof Ferguson's Opinion.

One month ago he said that it was likely 500,000 in the U.K. would die.

Thank heavens he doesn't take part in "Guess The Gate"!

Maybe his modelling needs some work.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 13:38

To be fair to him it’s not just his opinion. Other countries like Germany (at least the end of August), Italy (until there’s a vaccine) have a similar outlook. Can you honestly see people being allowed to gather in large crowds as early as August?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 13:42

Quote:

Berry, Thu 16 Apr 07:29
. Think next season has to be Martins make it or break it one, he has the potential.

What? He's absolutely already made it.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 13:51

Until a vaccine is found,large gatherings are most unlikely.

That takes us back to the closed doors Televised matches Germany and others are planning.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 14:11

Yes but I can’t see that being viable for lower leagues like ours unfortunately. They definitely won’t be televised so streaming would be the only option and that brings its own problems. Hopefully streaming games will be the way round it but I have my doubts about how much cash this will actually generate as opposed to normal match day income.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 15:44

Dunfermline Athletic can look foreward to the season ticket income.

If we all paid to watch the Athletic on Pars TV at say an average £10 it would keep things ticking over. Until we are given the all clear to re enter the Stadium.

There would be far more Away fans paying to watch than those who normally attend.Some face a daunting journey.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 16:24

Can only assume the poster suggesting it’s Martin’s make it or break it season is either at the wind up or hasn’t been to many games this season?

For me, Lewis Martin would be a candidate for player of the year in 2019/20. This was the season he proved he is good enough to be a first team regular in a promotion push. His performance at Celtic Park was genuinely exceptional and he’s had a number of very good performances over the course of this (albeit short) season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 17:29

Isn't Martin our longest-serving player? I think he 'made it' a few seasons ago.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 18:13

As a thought, can parstv handle much larger numbers?

I used parstv for the last few years, now I'm back in Scotland happily can go to the games., Parstv was a godsend, but is it set up for this type of thing?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 18:44

Lewis Martin is an exceptional player at left back and has been unlucky with injuries the past few seasons. Im really happy we have him. I think Ashcroft’s time is up and if we can get a centre back as good as Murray, we should have a good defence next season.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 18:52

Other teams need to have this tv option as well. We can’t play against ourselves and a couple of other clubs who can survive with it. My personal opinion is that from the championship down, there won’t be any football played until fans are allowed back in grounds. I just don’t think a streaming service will be enough to keep clubs afloat for the time it will take for crowds being allowed to gather again.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 19:20

Thought Ashycroft actually had a decent season
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 20:03

Did Lewis not get a contract extension? Plus I would give Paton another season.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 20:15

Dom Thomas away.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 20:19

An enigmatic final sentence..👍
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 20:44

Would love somehow to have Thomas back, he was better than Kiltie in my opinion.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 20:46

I would like both back.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 22:12

Surely we need a statement from the board 🤣

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 22:35

Is Thomas not out of contract with Killie end of this season ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 16 Apr 23:46

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Thu 16 Apr 22:35

Is Thomas not out of contract with Killie end of this season ?

Pretty sure Thomas signed an extension at Killie till Summer 2021. Having said that, who knows what will happen after this, I suspect a fair few teams will try to reduce the size of their squads
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Fri 17 Apr 00:31

Would keep Comrie from the out of contract lot, maybe Devine seeing as he was much improved this year. Never seen what people see in Beadling, wouldn't mind if him and the rest are allowed to move on. Absolute banter if we can get an extension on Nisbet. Lewis Martin has been player of the season, alongside Nisbet and just ahead of Dow
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Fri 17 Apr 03:23

Why would we keep beading hardly ever played and to be fair only contributed a goal v celtic. Would imagine for the money he would be on there is better options out there

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 17 Apr 10:52

Paton has to be offered an extension, proved his worth as the season went on.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Fri 17 Apr 14:05

Quote:

As a thought, can parstv handle much larger numbers?

Yes, our content delivery network appears able to cope with the load. But it will be good to test it out 😁

Our difficulty is supporting new users in a short space of time There are certain things we ask. Use the same email address on PayPal and ParsTV login. Also to register, setup and login at least an hour before kick off. So we need to try and make things a bit easier fo new ursers.

Post Edited (Sat 18 Apr 00:24)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Fri 17 Apr 16:14

Ethan Ross away

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 17 Apr 16:29

Beadling will be on a fortune and, as much as I liked the guy, we could probably get someone better for cheaper. It's all about investing the money wisely. We got guys from leagues below who won't be as dear who have proved their worth, Murray, Nisbet etc.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 17 Apr 17:05

Quote:

Row_ZZ, Fri 17 Apr 16:29

Beadling will be on a fortune

I highly doubt that

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 20 Apr 07:29

It was a relief to read that Pars TV could cope with large numbers watching the match.

With more European Leagues looking likely to follow the German lead, and having streamed closed doors matches,the Danes have come up with a novel idea.

Danish Superliga Leaders FC Midtjylland propose to have 2000 fans at a Drive In.

2 big screens will be erected in the Stadium car park and you will watch the match from your car.

Live footage of the atmosphere from the car park will be beamed to the players on the pitch.Other fans will be at home watching on the IPad.

Oh and if you need the toilet,you flash your lights and a steward takes you along.

Post Edited (Mon 20 Apr 07:30)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net