DAFC.net
Home 30 May 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Yellow cards for spitting now?
Topic Originator: eric par  
Date:   Tue 28 Apr 08:48

What are folks opinions on this in the present climate? Was thinking about this the other day, that surely they can't have players spitting on the pitch, clearing their noses etc with what's going on.

Having played football all my life, I realise you get a build up of fluids while playing. We do seem to manage playing 5s inside without spitting on the floor mind you. So wonder if the authorities will bring something in to penalise it. We could end up with no players on the park!!!

Our authorities seem to do it all wrong so who knows what they will do if anything.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Yellow cards for spitting now?
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Wed 29 Apr 08:42

Quote:

eric par, Tue 28 Apr 08:48

What are folks opinions on this in the present climate? Was thinking about this the other day, that surely they can't have players spitting on the pitch, clearing their noses etc with what's going on.

Having played football all my life, I realise you get a build up of fluids while playing. We do seem to manage playing 5s inside without spitting on the floor mind you. So wonder if the authorities will bring something in to penalise it. We could end up with no players on the park!!!

Our authorities seem to do it all wrong so who knows what they will do if anything.

Spitting is a disgusting habit and should be discouraged or banned. One of the easiest ways to spread disease.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swisspar  
Date:   Fri 1 May 18:39

I've always had this opinion, (nobody spits indoors) every game you watch has players openly offering a "saliva test", if they NEED to gob, there should be a bucket (Spitoon) available on the sidelines.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Roger Daltrey  
Date:   Fri 1 May 22:32

If you think players should be booked for spitting, you've genuinely never run around on a football pitch for 90 minutes.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Fri 1 May 23:40

Quote:

Roger Daltrey, Fri 01 May 22:32

If you think players should be booked for spitting, you've genuinely never run around on a football pitch for 90 minutes.

True and that’s why contact sports should be the very last thing that’s allowed after lockdown.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 May 05:03

Quote:

Roger Daltrey, Fri 1 May 22:32

I played football for 25 years from teen school days until I was nearly forty. Never once did I feel the need to spit. It's a disgusting habit.
After this is over I would fully support spitting being a bookable offence. It's already a sending off offence if you spit at another player
We are always told coughs and sneezes spread diseases. Spitting is no different. Some English councils are now using littering laws to fine spitters. Good on them. If it's not socially acceptable to spit in public it's not acceptable in sport
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sun 3 May 00:20

Yes,spitting should be a bookable offence,there is no need to spit.I ran many marathons, and never spat once,a filthy habit.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sun 3 May 09:10

"Yes,spitting should be a bookable offence,there is no need to spit.I ran many marathons, and never spat once,a filthy habit."

Can be a red card - as Mark Viduka knows - although that was aimed at an opponent, not a gob into the turf
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sun 3 May 11:50

The reason why players don't spit inside may be down to the fact that it's warmer inside. I think cold air causes the sinuses to run more freely. I would consider it virtually impossible for some, possibly most players not to need to discharge nasal or mouth fluids onto the pitch during a game, particularly in winter. Could you imagine any player leaving the pitch during a game to spit into a bucket? Of course they could spit into their hand but I wouldn't recommend shaking it at full time.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 May 21:14

Quote:

Paralex, Sun 3 May 11:50

The reason why players don't spit inside may be down to the fact that it's warmer inside. I think cold air causes the sinuses to run more freely. I would consider it virtually impossible for some, possibly most players not to need to discharge nasal or mouth fluids onto the pitch during a game, particularly in winter. Could you imagine any player leaving the pitch during a game to spit into a bucket? Of course they could spit into their hand but I wouldn't recommend shaking it at full time.

There is never a "need" to spit regardless of the weather or if they are indoors or out.

Post Edited (Sun 03 May 21:14)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sun 3 May 22:18

You do seem to write that as one who has never played football outside in the winter moviescot or maybe you expect that all players have blocked up sinuses. I speak as one who had a very generous flow during games.The necessity to spit, as I see it, comes from a build up of fluid in the mouth and nose caused by excessive overflow of the sinus mechanism. I would contend that if the player didn't discharge the excess fluids then he would probably choke or be sick, which might cause more distress to the playing surface. But hold on, necessity as they say, is the mother of invention. Why not, in these very peculiar times require all professional teams to have pouches on the front of the strips, at about chest level with large cotton hankies attached to the inside of the pouch by string, which can be used by the player during quiet periods in the game to blow his nose or have a jolly good grog into it. In that way there should not be the necessity to grog or snotter on the pitch. Problem solved?

Post Edited (Sun 03 May 22:22)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net