DAFC.net
Home 05 March 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Challenge match v FK Dukla Praha
Topic Originator: DRreturns  
Date:   Tue 28 Apr 13:04

The pars tweeting teams we’ve played in challenges matches in yesteryears and Dukla agreeing!!

Will it happen? Doubt it!
Do we want it? Yes!
Home or Away? Away!

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Challenge match v FK Dukla Praha
Topic Originator: petrie_pants  
Date:   Tue 28 Apr 13:17

Away!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Craigston_Par  
Date:   Tue 28 Apr 20:44

A weekend in Prague to watch the Pars 😍
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Tue 28 Apr 21:02

I believe this team are not the Dukla Prague ,that we played ,the team we played are under a different name .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Tue 28 Apr 22:09

I think you're right, saltonsgonagetu.

The original (and highly successful) Dukla Prague fell away into the lower reaches of Czech football and eventually merged with (was absorbed by) FK Příbram, who play in the top league of Czech football and are the legal successor of the Dukla Prague who played against DAFC.,

Dukla Dejvice, an insignificant local Prague team, adopted Dukla Prague's name and colours and in 2001 started to play at (the old) Dukla Prague's stadium. Then in 2006 they acquired the rights of yet another club (Jakubčovice) to play in the Czech second division, and in 2011 were promoted to the top division as Dukla Prague.

So it sounds like an amalgam of all that was wrong about Rangers/Sevco, Ferranti/Meadowbank/Livingston and East Stirlingshire/Clydebank/Airdrie United/Airdrieonians.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dukla_Prague

[EDITED TO CORRECT DATE WHEN DUKLA DEVJICE ASSUMED THE NAME "DUKLA PRAGUE"]

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc

Post Edited (Wed 29 Apr 12:06)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Tue 28 Apr 23:14

Quote:

Stanza, Tue 28 Apr 22:09

The original (and highly successful) Dukla Prague fell away into the lower reaches of Czech football and eventually merged with (was absorbed by) FK Příbram, who play in the top league of Czech football and are the legal successor of the Dukla Prague who played against DAFC.,

Dukla Dejvice, an insignificant local Prague team, adopted Dukla Prague's name and colours and in 1961 started to play at (the old) Dukla Prague's stadium. Then in 2006 they acquired the rights of yet another club (Jakubčovice) to play in the Czech second division, and in 2011 were promoted to the top division as Dukla Prague.

So it sounds like an amalgam of all that was wrong about Rangers/Sevco, Ferranti/Meadowbank/Livingston and East Stirlingshire/Clydebank/Airdrie United/Airdrieonians.

Was it not 1965 we played them? If so, then same one by that story...unless 1961 was a typo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 28 Apr 23:35

"Was it not 1965 we played them? If so, then same one by that story...unless 1961 was a typo."

Correct.

24th November 1965 - I spotted a programme auction on Ebay.

I was at the game, Ron Mailer Testimonial - Josef Masopust was their star player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Tue 28 Apr 23:43

Prefer it to be Dortmund away 😉

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Wed 29 Apr 01:21

Quote:

Big T Par, Tue 28 Apr 23:43

Prefer it to be Dortmund away 😉

We can only dream pal 💛🖤💛

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Wed 29 Apr 12:04

Quote:

parsfan, Tue 28 Apr 23:14

Quote:

Stanza, Tue 28 Apr 22:09

Dukla Dejvice, an insignificant local Prague team, adopted Dukla Prague's name and colours and in 1961 started to play at (the old) Dukla Prague's stadium. Then in 2006 they acquired the rights of yet another club (Jakubčovice) to play in the Czech second division, and in 2011 were promoted to the top division as Dukla Prague.

Was it not 1965 we played them? If so, then same one by that story...unless 1961 was a typo.

Sorry, it was indeed a typo, which made nonsense of my post - I'll amend it.

It was in 2001 that Dukla Devjice started playing in the Prague League as Dukla Prague.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Wed 29 Apr 13:31

Dortmund away would be an unreal experience but a weekend away to Prague would be lovely jubbly all the same. Not too keen on travelling whilst this is still ongoing though tbh.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 29 Apr 13:49

Didn't the original Dukla Prague football team have links to the Czech army?

Maybe we could organise a closed-door friendly with Dukla Pumpherston in preparation for the new season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Wed 29 Apr 15:30

Yes, the word Dukla ties a club to the military. With the possible exception of Dukla Pumpherston Sawmill and Tannery 🙂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 68guns  
Date:   Wed 29 Apr 17:37

I was in Prague, just after the Velvet Revolution of 1989, early 1990 and had my Dukla Prague away kit thanks to Half man half biscuit.
A few friends and I were drinking in a bar down by the river and I was getting real dead eye from the locals. A barman came over and asked why I was wearing it as it showed support for the Army who had tried to suppress the revolution and who had for years forced workers to attend games after their work. The group then told us stories of workers being picked out when leaving work and being put on buses up to Juliska and spoke about the semi final of the 67 European Cup against Celtic because we were Scottish. The barman then brought over a photo of the crowd at the Celtic game and showed us all these guys sitting with eyes glazed over and boxes on their laps to signify that they still had their work lunch boxes with them when herded from their work places. It wasn't an unpleasant atmosphere but gave me an education and I didn't wear the shirt when there again. Then got an education about Athletics being the biggest sport in Czechoslovakia (soon to be Czech Republic) and all the biggest stadiums were built for athletic clubs with football a bit of a side show, Strahov stadium being the prime example with a capacity of 250,000.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Wed 29 Apr 23:15

Interesting story.

In the 1961-62 ECWC the Pars played Ujpest Dosza of Budapest at the People's Stadium rather than the home club's own stadium, the former would designed for athletics primarily as well.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net