DAFC.net
Home 30 May 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Black & White Noise Returns
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Fri 1 May 13:17

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Black_and_White_Noise_Episode_10&ID=11870

A new edition of the DAFC podcast is available on COWS via the link above. It should also be available via whichever app you use to access your podcasts of choice.

Special guests are chairman Ross McArthur and director/supporters liaison officer Drew Main. We recorded twice (31st March and 28th April) as the developments in Scottish football quickly rendered some of the initial content out of date.

Hope you all enjoy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we don't sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna score in every game 'til Christmas,
And every touch is goal la la la, it's goal la la la,
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Black & White Noise Returns
Topic Originator: StevenPar77  
Date:   Fri 1 May 19:33

This is the first one I have listened to and thoroughly enjoyed it. Still not convinced that David Moss is Welsh!

http://www.agiftfor.net
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 May 20:17

Yeah, I'm yet to be convinced. There's one website which lists him as Welsh but I'm not sure how accurate that is!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ladswell_Thistle  
Date:   Fri 1 May 22:53

Born in Doncaster.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 May 08:17

I'm just aghast that two of them saw fit to pick him, regardless of whether he's a Welsh grandparent or not.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sun 3 May 23:09

Listened to this today and enjoyed it. Didn't know about the mumps outbreak and the team not training for 10 days in Feb and the whole medical team leaving.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Mon 4 May 09:53

That was a fascinating listen and covered a wide range of subjects. Emotionally it ranged from very very serious issues to some welcome laugh out loud moments around the choices for best international Pars team ever.

It was really well run by ( I assume) Sanguine Par and it reinforces my opinion that we are very lucky to have Ross as our Chairman.

If you haven't listened to this yet I strongly recommend you do, it's an excellent way to spend an hour.

Thank you to all involved in putting it together.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Mon 4 May 10:01

Yes, I agree. A great job, fellas.

:)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 4 May 11:58

I really enjoyed it too but it did make me think the fans should be kept informed more regularly about some of the things happening at the club provided we don't divulge stuff that might put us at a disadvantage with our rivals
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 May 12:32

We used to do it more regularly Wee Eck, just this last few months it's been more difficult to co-ordinate.

With the new world we're in, I could see it getting more regular again but done via Zoom. It's Sanguine Par who does the editing - and the logistics, sound quality and editing seem to be easier/better doing it this way rather than face-to-face at East End Park as it has been before. Sound especially is a big thing and we've tried hospitality boxes, Mo's office, the Jock Stein suite, Marv's emporium and Legends whilst recording, but Zoom seems to work better than most of them.

It's easier to present face to face, but once you get in to the hang of it, it's not too bad - or no more of a car crash than usual at least.

Post Edited (Mon 04 May 12:43)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 May 13:02

What I was thinking, DA-go, was that some of the interesting info that was revealed could have been communicated to fans via other channels such as the club's official website.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Mon 4 May 14:08

I really enjoyed that, the club is as open as always, explaining as much as possible.

Not sure what could be posted on COWS to be honest, basically take it as it comes, as much groundwork that can be done is being done.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kaiser Chief  
Date:   Mon 4 May 14:10

It probably would've done wee eck if we'd been able to have the usual end of season address by Ross at the Supporters Council meeting or end of season statement on COWS.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 May 14:19

Fair point, KC. The loss of the medical team en masse intrigued me.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Mon 4 May 18:21

Yes, who knows what happens, probably happens at most clubs too, just shows you the difficulty.

Just imagine if they had to make statements every time this forum demands!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net