DAFC.net
Home $D " ; ?>
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Season tickets
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Tue 5 May 13:38

Any update on when these will be on sale?

Aberdeen have sold 5000 already. I'd happily pay mine to help the club regardless of current circumstances with no football.

Have messaged the club a few times without response. Dundee also selling kits for next season. We always seem to be behind on this side of things.

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Season tickets
Topic Originator: Malcolm Canmore  
Date:   Tue 5 May 13:42

Chairman siad on Black & White Noise podcast that the Club did not think it was right to sell season tickets while so much was uncertain about the coming season.

My dog eats meat
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kaiser Chief  
Date:   Tue 5 May 14:05

^^^this.

At this stage, as well as not knowing when the season will start, we don't know what sort of structure we might have either and therefore no idea how many games are likely to be played.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Tue 5 May 14:48

Once we hear the outcome of League Reconstruction, and the possibility of being in a new Champiilnship of 14 teams with Dundee,Raith Rovers,Falkirk etc ,perhaps Seasons can go on sale.

Yes we do not know when the new Season will begin, and whether we will only meet each club twice, but I have a sneaking suspicion most Season Ticket holders will have budgeted for that sum now.

Many other clubs are selling Seasons now with Hibernian and Aberdeen around 5000.

Were Season ticket holders able to watch matches live at a reduced rate on Pars TV that would be another incentive and I believe that day is coming.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Tue 5 May 15:00

I think a significant number of fans would be prepared to buy a season ticket “ at risk” to provide the club with a capital base over the summer. If fewer games are played than are priced in then convert that to vouchers for shop/ hospitality. Fans will be very flexible I am sure.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Tue 5 May 15:10

"Have messaged the club a few times without response. Dundee also selling kits for next season. We always seem to be behind on this side of things."

Was there a "Support the Dons" or "Support the Hibees" appeal from those clubs? Genuine question as I don't know.

Regardless, our fans have raised circa £50k to keep the club going via donations, auctions, Pars TV etc. It's a great effort. We've also got the benefit of the government furlough scheme. I'm sure the last thing the board want to do is go selling season tickets when they've no idea what the price per game will be - or even when the season will start. Maybe different if the club hasn't already got fund-raising in motion but we have.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Tue 5 May 16:00

Quote:

Malcolm Canmore, Tue 5 May 13:42

Chairman siad on Black & White Noise podcast that the Club did not think it was right to sell season tickets while so much was uncertain about the coming season.

Don't agree with this. We are a fan owned club and if some fans want to pay for a season ticket they should be able to.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 May 16:14

Yeah, but you were all over the fact that we had completely missed the boat regarding the furlough scheme - despite the fact that the club were right on top of it.

If you really want to hand over £280 or whatever to pay for a season ticket, in the knowledge that you might get to see half a dozen live games, e-mail the club. I'm sure they'll accommodate you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 5 May 16:26

From an administrative point of view it could be problematic to accept money for a service you may not be able to provide. What if someone takes issue with fewer games being played or games being played behind closed doors and wants a refund. Suddenly you need to develop and approach.

If people want a season ticket then surely they'll still want it in a few weeks? I'm hoping the club have sufficient funds right now but if not will approach fans to assist.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 May 16:45

I'm sure BigJPar will happily sign a legally binding waiver for a refund, in the event that some/none of the games can be open to the fans.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 May 17:18

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Tue 5 May 16:14

Yeah, but you were all over the fact that we had completely missed the boat regarding the furlough scheme - despite the fact that the club were right on top of it.

If you really want to hand over £280 or whatever to pay for a season ticket, in the knowledge that you might get to see half a dozen live games, e-mail the club. I'm sure they'll accommodate you.

We were behind other clubs in this respect, not sure if that has financial implications for not. Your last comment is ridiculous. Some fans realise we will need to step up to the mark just now, and are a position to commit to a season ticket with no refund expected. 5000 Aberdeen fans have committed to just this. We should have this opportunity too.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 May 17:20

But it's good to know we are in a position we don't need any money just now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Tue 5 May 17:27

Don’t imagine they could set a price not know how many games will be played as set season ticket price wrong will then impact pay at the gate. I’m sure if the club require cash flow they would implement a deposit or partial payment scheme though where you pay an amount towards the final cost of the season ticket and pay the balance when known

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Tue 5 May 18:15

Quote:

BigJPar, Tue 05 May 17:20

But it's good to know we are in a position we don't need any money just now.

Point well made....2/3 clubs out of 42, yawn!

The club will decide as and when it makes commercial sense to sell season tickets. Fair play to them for not grabbing the cash like others.

Until we know the competition it’s makes absolute sense.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Tue 5 May 18:34

39 game season of its 14, 20 or 19 home games. Season tickets will be quite a bit more for the extra games, that’s why club no selling them yet.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlfonzoBonzo  
Date:   Tue 5 May 21:44

Agree with Ross M. It’d be unethical to take money for season tickets right now. The club doesn’t need the money anyway. We’ll have received (assumption) £25k grant as well as the fans fundraiser. There will be minimal running costs, at least until the end of June, so no need to bring in cash at the moment

Show us yer....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Tue 5 May 22:12

Surely we need... No... We DEMAND a statement from the board.
Or failing that... A statement about why there's no statement.
And possibly a statement stating why there's a statement coming out about the statement... Or something else statement like 🤔

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Tue 5 May 22:59

On the flip side, 64 Partick fans asked for a refund on their season tickets due to personal circumstances. Cost Partick around £5grand.

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Tue 5 May 23:57

Quote:

dpard, Tue 5 May 22:59

On the flip side, 64 Partick fans asked for a refund on their season tickets due to personal circumstances. Cost Partick around £5grand.

Although it sounds bad of those Partick fans to do that, we don't know their personal circumstances. They may have no money at all coming in, and have mouths to feed. I would imagine they won't have taken the decision to ask for a refund lightly
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Wed 6 May 08:37

Media reports recently mentioned one Championship club considering administration - I wonder if its Partick Thistle ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Wed 6 May 08:53

Our BOD will several plans in place to cope with scenario a b c d e and f, when the time is right and we know the way ahead then the best course of action will kick in

Whilst we may not always agree with the actions they take it is always done with the best intentions for the long term sustainability of the club

We need to be able to trust their handling of the current situation and if they come back and ask us to assist again then we step up and do what we need to do

If it was just a case of keep the cash rolling in then they would have allowed the fans to continue, credit to them that they have taken the moral stance to say that we are fine for the time being and when things become clearer then we will select the plan most suitable to take us forward
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 6 May 08:55

I'm sure I read recently that PT fans had raised a considerable amount of money to help the club through the crisis. I think it was more than the £50k target we set.

Post Edited (Wed 06 May 09:15)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 May 09:24

"We were behind other clubs in this respect, not sure if that has financial implications for not."

Rest assured, we weren't and there were no financial implications for us not being the very first club to announce their staff would be furloughed.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Wed 6 May 10:04

The season ticket issue is a red herring.

The board is wise to not issue tickets when there is no guarantee at the moment that the club will be in a position to provide the service that the season tickets pay for. In other words, attending games.

The important point to remember here is that from the moment the fan pays the club for the season ticket, the club becomes indebted to the fan for the full amount of the ticket. As each game is played, the level of the debt reduces and a proportion of the money received (let's say for the sake of argument, an 18th) moves from the debit side of the club's ledger to the asset side.

For a club of our size, with allegedly no access to bank overdraft facilities and a very shallow pool of reserves, it is highly inadvisable to seek revenue from season tickets as the money does not really assist cash flow as it is largely inaccessible.

Any club that opts to take season ticket revenue just now needs to be sure that it has the cash reserves to cover that money being returned to the fans. Otherwise, the club directors will knowingly be trading the company while it is insolvent - and they can go to jail for that!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Wed 6 May 10:59

Twice I have bought season tickets well before the end of a season. This was when things were looking bad, the first time when the players were told to take a 25% reduction and the other time just before we went into administration. Indeed I got a letter of thanks from Big Jim. If we could buy them please Ross give us a chance to buy now. The extra money raised could be used to resign the players that the management and the board want to keep for another season.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Wed 6 May 17:21

Selling season tickets requires administrative staff, as does any system for adjusting the prices, issuing vouchers, dealing with refunds etc.
Clubs mentioned like Aberdeen, Hibs etc have dedicated teams of staff in their ticket office who are paid to do all this work - DAFC does not (and even if they existed they would not be allowed to do any DAFC work if they are furloughed.)
Whether or not that was a factor in the Board's decision-making, I think it is absolutely the correct decision to hold off sales of STs until the situation is clearer.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters' Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc

Post Edited (Wed 06 May 17:24)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Fri 22 May 07:51

OzPar makes a valid point about the club being legally indebted to every Season Ticket holder.

However,Season Ticket holders are among the most loyal of hard core fans.Could those with knowledge of the Law on this Forum explain whether the club could attach a Legal Disclamer to a Season Ticket saying we could not demand the sum back?

Stanza explains superbly why we cannot sell Season Tickets yet as we don't have the resources of some Premiership clubs.

Surely what we need to know is whether Hearts or Falkirk will be in the Championship.Once there is the final decision on League Reconstruction,we will have more clarity.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Fri 22 May 08:32

Quote:

Sliema Par, Fri 22 May 07:51

OzPar makes a valid point about the club being legally indebted to every Season Ticket holder.

However,Season Ticket holders are among the most loyal of hard core fans.Could those with knowledge of the Law on this Forum explain whether the club could attach a Legal Disclamer to a Season Ticket saying we could not demand the sum back?

Stanza explains superbly why we cannot sell Season Tickets yet as we don't have the resources of some Premiership clubs.

Surely what we need to know is whether Hearts or Falkirk will be in the Championship.Once there is the final decision on League Reconstruction,we will have more clarity.

You would be going down a slippery slope if you went down that path. Not everyone who is a ST holder is a hardcore fan. I’ve had a season ticket every year since I can remember but I wouldn’t class myself as ‘hardcore’. I wouldn’t pay a few hundred quid for a season ticket with no idea whether I’m going to be able to make full use of it or not, to me that’s just daft and I’d rather spend the money elsewhere. Some fans have an alternate view which is absolutely fine of course. Appreciate its out with the clubs control.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Fri 22 May 12:05

I'm similar to you. I have to drive roughly 40 mins to get to the games and it's a bit of an effort so I'm not spending all that money when I don't know what I'll get out of it. I'm quite happy to keep my CCL membership going and will buy tops etc but it's too much money to spend at once when I don't know what will be happening.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net