DAFC.net
Home 30 May 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Ranger Dossier
Topic Originator: Mr Mac  
Date:   Thu 7 May 12:31

"Not a shred of evidence" 🤣🤣🤣

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52571770

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ranger Dossier
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Thu 7 May 13:26

They really are a shower of Phannies
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Thu 7 May 13:48

Utterly embarrassing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Thu 7 May 14:23

Apparently the bullies will not be bullied into silence.
I thought The Rangers were a tribute act to the old club, but maybe they are just a parody.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Thu 7 May 14:28

To be fair that's the SPFL official response and you wouldn't expect anything less.

The best gauge will be how clubs vote regarding the independent investigation. If it's a landslide "no" then that will speak volumes. It'll be interesting to see what was in there. I can't help thinking its BS but I'm also not a fan of the SPFL either so it would be interesting to see if there was any legit criticism in it dossier.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Thu 7 May 14:33

no evidence just a lot of questions and accusations, mainly it would appear cause they don't agree with the outcome, Doncaster etc etc.

it took them a month to publish this "evidence" and thats it? its playing up well with the zombies of course
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Thu 7 May 14:39

If the clubs vote no I am interested what suctions will be placed upon The Rangers. Bringing the game into disrepute? This saga just keeps giving.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parahandy  
Date:   Thu 7 May 14:42

LINK to report

Seems like report freely downloadable from this Rangers site
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Thu 7 May 14:43

We are directly implicated in the threatening of Dundee and Inverness in the document.

Ross McArthur is explicitly mentioned a lot but none of it is remotely threatening. It's just saying if the vote doesn't go a certain way the prize money will be divided in 10 and reconstruction won't happen.

Absolutely pathetic stuff from sevco. We are now on the list. 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: vasco  
Date:   Thu 7 May 15:12

The Rangers are going the same way as the 1872 Rangers and Gretna. They are using this Coronavirus disaster as an for their continuous mismanagement. They are trying to do as much collateral damage to the rest of Scottish football as they sink into oblivion.
The sooner that club disappears the better and hopefully no more phoenix wannabe tribute acts follow follow.......
It will be a significant loss to many as they have been comedy gold for the past 8 or so years but their time has come.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 May 15:14

Quote:

Parahandy, Thu 7 May 14:42

link to report

I think that looks like a condensed report as the other one apparently has over 200 pages.

Funny its flagged as confidential though..
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 May 15:15

Oh and thanks for putting it up.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 May 15:19

Sorry just realised now I've started reading that its sections 2 and 3 of the full doc.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 7 May 15:32

Short link

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parahandy  
Date:   Thu 7 May 15:54

The rest is appendices I believe
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Kebab  
Date:   Thu 7 May 16:13

Does not reflect well on RM If these allegations are true .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Thu 7 May 16:46

How doesn't it?
I see absolutely nothing in that which would paint him in a bad light, nothing, not a tad.

That is, to anyone with a brain.

If the league was null and voided with no positions granted then the league prize money would've been split ten ways, that's not a threat. That's giving clubs information that they might have been missing so as they could make a more informed decision.

I can tell you that it's raining outside and you'll get wet, just because you say that's a threat doesn't make it one.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Thu 7 May 16:48

Link to The Rangers dossier does not appear to be working. Or is it just me?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 May 17:27

Let’s not just sweep this under the carpet because it come from Rangers . Our chairman will almost certainly be questioned regarding these allegations. The stuff that’s coming out now is quite astonishing. It wouldn’t be a bad thing to rid ourselves of folk like Doncaster .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Thu 7 May 17:43

They claimed to have a smoking gun and this is not a smoking gun
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mikemc1975  
Date:   Thu 7 May 18:05

What was the whistle blowing point? The stuff coming out about Pars chief was known on the Saturday after the vote result as it was discussed on Sportsound while all the moaning about Dundee was going on wi the boy from Caley Thistle bumpin his gums. There is nothing in that report which is new to me (and I'm an ordinary Joe) other than some of the detail related to Sky and BT contracts. Some other stuff we are seeing ONE perception of... Maybe should have the enquiry but will it do any good for Scottish Football this rumbling on?

I think the problem is if this enquiry is supported it should be for good reason.

I can't see good reason. Happy for anyone to point it out.

Some people/teams not happy with the board. But the board is elected by the teams and as far as I'm concerned we shut the book and move on. Like most businesses /orgs- there will be flaws. Turn same eye on any of the clubs and if you spend 4 weeks pointing out all the flaws you'd have plenty of bum roll and we still won't be able to walk to EEP on Saturdays...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Thu 7 May 18:07

Said it at the time, stating the facts has been deemed to be pressure.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Roy Barry Fan Club  
Date:   Thu 7 May 18:22

I've now read the document in some detail.

I do think that it is a pity that Rangers have chosen to persist with the word 'threat' in relation to Ross MacArthur (DAFC) and Mike Mulraney (Alloa), and their discussions with Scot Gardner (ICT) and John Nelms (Dundee). They have used that in one of their sub-headings of their document. (3.5).

This is the word used by Gardner when he received a letter on the day of the vote from Messrs McArthur and Mulraney. We know this because Gardner chose to make public what I assume was supposed to be confidential WhatsApp discussions between himself, Dundee and Partick Thistle on Radio Scotland some weeks ago.

What I now read from the further information that Rangers have chosen to make public ( I assume it was them, as I got my copy from their Fan Site 'Follow Follow') is that RM and MM told ICT and Dundee the intention of their fellow championship clubs (1st paragraph , Page 18), which was that if the league was made made null and void, then those championship clubs (presumably the other seven) would take the view that prize money should be allocated in equal portions since no league positions were being arrived at. Inverness and Dundee would be losers.

In so doing, I think it is reasonable to say that whilst this is not what Gardner wanted to hear, this could hardly be construed as a threat. It was merely the view of his fellow Championship Clubs, and Gardner was being informed of that view.

As things stand, I think that is the end of the matter.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Thu 7 May 18:44

A fair summation of the facts ,RBFC

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Thu 7 May 19:22

Thanks for that RBFC
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 7 May 19:27

Rangurs dossyer

Item 1 - They boys at the SPFL make us play on green grass. Thur aw clearly Tims.

Item 2 - The referees didnae gie us enuff penalties when wur playin' big teams like Hamilton an' Saint Johnstone. Thur aw against us.

Item 3 - Big Ross McArthur telt them boys in Dundee that wur aw gonnae lost money if they dinnae shut it.

Item 4 - Wi' ur the same club an' they keep lettin folk sing songs aboot how wuh died even though wur still thuh same club but aw the debt wiz a different company an we huv loadsa money so we do.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Thu 7 May 20:01

I could not see our Ross threaten anybody. I could see him warn people.
Why did Scottish football let these "gangsters" back into the league. I've got a good idea: make The Rangers 2012 league champions for this season and the next for at least 10.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 7 May 20:09

"Why did Scottish football let these "gangsters" back into the league."

50,000 bums on seats at Ibrox every other Saturday ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Thu 7 May 21:02

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Thu 7 May 20:01

I could not see our Ross threaten anybody. I could see him warn people.
Why did Scottish football let these "gangsters" back into the league. I've got a good idea: make The Rangers 2012 league champions for this season and the next for at least 10.

Never let them back, let them join...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Thu 7 May 21:54

Rangers are trying harder to avoid 9 in a row off the pitch than they did on it.
An utter embarrassment of a football club from the directors down to their pond life fans.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Fri 8 May 07:38

Exactly, it's like the hearts opposite way round.

They can talk about null and void, they can talk about asterisks, but deep down they know celtic have 9 in a row and they are squarely in second because after the turn of the year they threw it away... And league tables don't lie.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 8 May 08:02

Daily Record editor sat ready to press send on a story with the headline "The bullied boys".
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 May 09:32

lol ^^^^
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Fri 8 May 13:35

Still dying to hear what getting threatened by Ross McArthur is like 😂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Fri 8 May 13:42

Quote:

londonparsfan, Thu 7 May 15:14

Quote:

Parahandy, Thu 7 May 14:42

link to report

I think that looks like a condensed report as the other one apparently has over 200 pages.

Funny its flagged as confidential though..

The real one is 200 pages long cause they wrote it in crayon.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Fri 8 May 14:12

Robertson doing a media tour and definitely not helping their case, the SPFL firing back and looks like a potential punishment will come after the EGM if Rangers lose as expected, how do they come back from this? ive said before if they don't like it, find a country/league that will take them, resign from the SFA and SPFL and go, is that going to be their only option at the end of this?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 May 14:19

The Rangers are an utter and complete shambles.
What next?
If they genuinely feel they have been wronged there is absolutely no alternative but to go to court.
I doubt if they will get the backing from the rest of Scottish football, so that avenue has strolled.
So then if they have the courage of their convictions it is dragged through the courts at what cost to the game, their club, their tenuous relations with other football clubs and last but not least Doncaster and his cohorts have strengthened their position.
I have never seen a group of amateurs like this in my whole history of business.
They had the opportunity to enter these leagues and be humble and be and take a stand against their previous history and become an inclusive club whilst reaching out to other clubs.
They have continuously decided to take the short game approach on every twist and turn in their short history and wonder why people in Scotland have no time for them.
They continue to do this and the SPFL have played the divide and conquer route and will gain more power due to the abject amateurism of The Rangers.
The vitriol guided towards their peers is nothing I have seen in the history of Scottish sport and I genuinely hope that the club disappears into oblivion.
It isn’t even funny anymore, when we have such a serious issue in terms of country finances and health issues. They should be ashamed of themselves.
Rant over.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Fri 8 May 14:22

i suspect the whole charade is just to drum up support for their season ticket sales.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Roy Barry Fan Club  
Date:   Fri 8 May 14:28

Very powerful letter from SPFL Board this morning -- 5 pages -- rebutting and explaining the main points highlighted by Rangers in the 'dossier'.

Well worth a read.

[Interestingly the supposed bullying of Scot Gardner at Inverness doesn't rate a mention. Not surprised. In a business context it is infantile. Arguably Messrs Mulraney and McArthur did him a favour by telling him the attitude of the other Championship clubs.]

If I was an SPFL Chairman then I would be thinking: time to draw a line under this bilge and focus on what really matters -- like the Clubs having no income for the immediate future.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Fri 8 May 14:41

https://twitter.com/The_Tman10/status/1258463503628636160

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 8 May 16:28

I'm very pleased to read TRBFC's contributions to this thread. If it's not possible to hear something straight from the horse's mouth, the next best thing is to hear it from the horse's stablemate.

Rather more credible than any 200 page dossier, filled with unsubstantiated drivel.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 May 16:34

Are people genuinely writing this off simply because the source is Rangers ? I despise sevco but come on.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 May 16:40

I think the SPFL board must answer their questions. With litigation pending then it is more than prudent to do so.
The ball is in their court with or without a vote resolution.
However they could sit back, wait for the vote to fail, then watch what hand The Rangers play.
Personally I would perform due diligence behind the scenes and wait for the litigation as the vote will fail.
In parallel I would review the articles of association with respect to member clubs and look to heavily censure The Rangers if they are found to be in contempt of any rules.

I don’t like or ever have liked Doncaster.
I don’t agree or like how this is played through the press.
Chairmen of organisations playing with the structure of the game and people’s livelihoods only makes lawyers and gutter journalism richer.
This is very damaging to the game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 8 May 16:57

Quote:

parsmad68, Fri 8 May 16:40

I think the SPFL board must answer their questions. With litigation pending then it is more than prudent to do so.
The ball is in their court with or without a vote resolution.
However they could sit back, wait for the vote to fail, then watch what hand The Rangers play.
Personally I would perform due diligence behind the scenes and wait for the litigation as the vote will fail.
In parallel I would review the articles of association with respect to member clubs and look to heavily censure The Rangers if they are found to be in contempt of any rules.

I don’t like or ever have liked Doncaster.
I don’t agree or like how this is played through the press.
Chairmen of organisations playing with the structure of the game and people’s livelihoods only makes lawyers and gutter journalism richer.
This is very damaging to the game.

An excellent, thoughtful, well reasoned post.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 8 May 17:07

As much as I hate Sevco, questions need to be asked about how the SPFL have conducted this shambles
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 May 18:10

Talks have broken down no reconstruction as we speak
Sorry GJS93 I did not see your post on 14-14-14

Post Edited (Fri 08 May 18:12)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Fri 8 May 18:11

Quote:

Buspasspar, Fri 8 May 18:10

Talks have broken down no reconstruction as we speak

Excellent
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alf  
Date:   Fri 8 May 18:23

Sevco are on a scorched earth policy, they are nearing the end and are trying to blame anyone and take as many as possible with them
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SAP PAR  
Date:   Fri 8 May 21:49

The faux concern for other clubs in Scotland by The Rangers is laughable. The only paragraph in the document that concerns them is the one relating to the share of £10m liability if the season ends early: Money they can ill afford.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net