DAFC.net
Home 26 November 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Inverness statement
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sun 10 May 15:57

https://ictfc.com/club-update

I take it it’s our chairman that’s being referenced
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Inverness statement
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sun 10 May 16:09

Quote:

Westies squint kicks, Sun 10 May 15:57

https://ictfc.com/club-update

I take it it’s our chairman that’s being referenced

Working now

Post Edited (Sun 10 May 16:09)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sun 10 May 16:10

Sometimes that link takes you to somewhere else... Not sure why

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Kebab  
Date:   Sun 10 May 16:14

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 10 May 16:18

Doesn't RM have links with Glasgow's newest football club?

That statement adds very little and could have been summarised to a couple of sentences.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GEW35  
Date:   Sun 10 May 16:50

Might it be the Alloa chairman? I think he’s on the Board too. In a separate note, I can’t understand how Neil Doncaster has lasted as long at the helm.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 10 May 16:56

''I take it it’s our chairman that’s being referenced''

A very reliable and informed poster on this site, TRBFC, recently posted that our chairman had pointed out to the other Championship clubs that if the season was declared ''null and void'' then there would effectively be no league positions, meaning the monies from the SPFL would, of necessity, have to be shared out equally among all the clubs.

Now if that can be classed as ''bullying and threatening behaviour'' I must have landed in a parallel universe.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Roy Barry Fan Club  
Date:   Sun 10 May 16:59

Jake: RM has precisely no links with either of the Old Firm.

On the other hand, Mr Gardiner does. That is a matter of public record, and can be found in the Newspapers in 2013 when offered a job at Ibrox, whilst at Dundee. He was quoted as saying that was his dream job. See Daily Record 15 November 2013. Draw your own conclusions.

You are dead right about its quality and length. Poor.

Post Edited (Sun 10 May 17:06)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 10 May 17:09

However, he is correct about the shambolic handling of the whole process...

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Sun 10 May 17:14

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 10 May 16:56

A very reliable and informed poster on this site, TRBFC, recently posted that our chairman had pointed out to the other Championship clubs that if the season was declared ''null and void'' then there would effectively be no league positions, meaning the monies from the SPFL would, of necessity, have to be shared out equally among all the clubs.

If that's the case, why did they bit the way they did? Given the protectionist nature of the payout system, surely most clubs would have received a lot more with an equal distribution rather than most of it going top clubs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

Post Edited (Sun 10 May 17:16)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 10 May 17:20

Totally agree about the shambolic handling ....Will heads roll ?....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 May 17:26

Just for clarity - I mean Ross MORRISON, not Ross McArthur. I thought Morrison previously had a role at Rangers?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Sun 10 May 17:32

Our Chairman referenced.Where,
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Sun 10 May 17:45

Quote:

jake89, Sun 10 May 17:26

Just for clarity - I mean Ross MORRISON, not Ross McArthur. I thought Morrison previously had a role at Rangers?

No your getting mixed up with Scot Gardiner. He was a commercial sales manager, former CEO Dundee and Hearts.

Ross Morrison is a major shareholder and supporter of ICTFC. He owns his own business and not involved in football pre ICTFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 10 May 17:48

Ross McArthur really only referred to in paragraph 5, league rep on SPFL board.

Post Edited (Sun 10 May 17:49)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Sun 10 May 18:57

Vg statement. The whole process stinks. It also appears to be widespread given the number of clubs now repeating the same issues over the vote.
Others probably scared to put there head up above the parapet for obvious reasons.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 May 18:59

Quote:

parsfan, Sun 10 May 17:14

Quote:

If that's the case, why did they bit the way they did? Given the protectionist nature of the payout system, surely most clubs would have received a lot more with an equal distribution rather than most of it going top clubs.

I would imagine that the Premiership pot would be shared among its 12 clubs and the Championship pot among its 10 clubs, etc. so clubs currently in the top half of each table would lose out....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sun 10 May 19:12

and what do Rangers, Hearts, Inverness, Partick and Falkirk all have in common? they are 5 of the 8 teams that voted no and are all going to lose out in their own way, Inverness still trying to push the "we didn't want to relegate any team" line, yeah believe that all you want!!

Gardiner was quite happy to go through so many phone messages live on radio but never felt the need to bring these messages up at the time, why?
why has it taken over a month, and a couple of days after Rangers dossier comes out for Inverness to speak out about this?
making allegations but wont make them official through the proper channels, why?

there is a lot of noise and a lot of things getting thrown out there, Chick Young called it a Spit the dummy out competition and he is spot on.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: doctordandruff  
Date:   Sun 10 May 19:16

That's more of an Odyssey than a statement. Did anyone get to the end of that?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sun 10 May 19:57

The mask slipped at the end talking on play offs being abandoned... the whole “holier than thou” nonsense on not wanting to relegate a team exposes itself in this statement. Pure self interest, which of course could be a charge levelled at most of the clubs tbf....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 10 May 20:24

Quote:

Now if that can be classed as ''bullying and threatening behaviour'' I must have landed in a parallel universe.

A lesson learnt here, why get involved and speak to other clubs out with official channels/meetings about this?

The way ICT are going on certainly alludes to that being the case.

The moment that happens when a vote is looming the process goes to pot.

That’s not just us, the WhatsApp group if that was legit with other SPFL clubs isn’t right either.

I agree GG Riva, no bullying or threatening behaviour but certainly leaves it open to a case of trying to persuade a club to vote one particular way than another whether it was intentional or not.

That being said if a club is that easily swayed then it says more about them..

The whole thing has been a farce from the start and does make a mockery of Scottish football.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SAP PAR  
Date:   Sun 10 May 20:50

Doncaster and the rest of the board needs to resign. The way this vote has been administered is an embarrassment to Scottish football. What RM is doing on that board is beyond me: For a man that continues to tell us he knows nothing about the football side of things he has shown real naivety in attempting to tell other chairmen what would happen if they voted one way or the other.

Post Edited (Sun 10 May 20:51)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 10 May 21:20

Was it not the case that ICT and other Championship clubs approached their SPL rep (Ross MacArthur) to ascertain the mood going forward?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: storminNorman  
Date:   Sun 10 May 21:23

any football fan that seriously takes anything ICT (Scott Gardiner) and Dundee's mob with anything but the disdain it deserves will believe in the tooth fairy.
both these clubs issued statements/saw opportunity's for self gain out of this complete bomb scare. in ICT's they are struggling financially (as a lot of clubs are) and saw a way of hopefully gaining promotion only because there might be a clamour to save the third largest club in the country thru league reconstruction and effectively saving them as they would benefit from a 14 and in so achieving financial security.

in Dundee's case they saw the same opportunity to push for reconstruction but as they were not going to benefit in automatic promotion if it was passed they effectively removed the prospect of Hearts being in the same division and becoming hot favourites to win the championship and in so doing became the front runners in the race for the title.
even spending £500.000 more than the Pars,Ayr,Morton and Raith was going to give them an advantage. so both clubs at the moment are not particularly in a happy place.

on a side note regarding Ross Mc, its there for every Pars fan to see he works tirelessly for our club with more than a little criticism (it comes with the job) on this site on occasions but at this moment in time i feel he should step back from his SPFL responsibility not that i think he has done anything underhand but because mud sticks and being associated with the Pars it's inevitable that what is posted on line and in the written word is believed by some and when it comes to football supporters by a whole lot.
it makes little odds commenting on this site that we or most think that its all well you know what i could write starts with B ends in T but this saga is going nowhere soon and i do believe heads will roll within the SPFl.
ohh by the way where is mister Lawwell during all this? very quite.

Post Edited (Sun 10 May 22:40)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sun 10 May 21:28

Who's going to step up now and decide they want to fill the position?

If I was a club rep, I'd be going nowhere near the SPFL board just now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Sun 10 May 21:58

Doncaster and the other clowns should have gone when they tried to force Sevco into the SPL. They only have their own interests at heart - certainly not the clubs outside of Glasgow
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Sun 10 May 22:16

ICT are only furious that their dastardly plan has failed them.

Post Edited (Sun 10 May 22:20)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parahandy  
Date:   Sun 10 May 23:37

All the whining here is from clubs not being promoted or being relegated - their views are distorted by that
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Mon 11 May 05:36

Quote:

Parahandy, Sun 10 May 23:37

All the whining here is from clubs not being promoted or being relegated - their views are distorted by that

We'd be no different.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 11 May 08:56

"Might it be the Alloa chairman? I think he’s on the Board too. In a separate note, I can’t understand how Neil Doncaster has lasted as long at the helm."

For clarity - Mike Mulraney is Vice President of the SFA, and is not on SPFL board.

Ewan Cameron, Alloa secretary, is on it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 11 May 08:59

Quote:

AdamAntsParsStripe, Mon 11 May 05:36

Quote:

Parahandy, Sun 10 May 23:37

We'd be no different.

Why have a go at us for something we haven't even done. Odd

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 May 10:25

The Pars lost a position and prize money due to the points per game method of ending the league.

We've essentially illustrated that we're prepared to sacrifice for the greater good.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 May 10:41

Would we have voted on same way if in Partick or Falkirk position. If it was greater good and integrity then it’s a yes, I suspect a No though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Mon 11 May 11:02

The notion that the stance taken by clubs who stood to artificially gain from a different outcome being the stance for integrity and the good of the game is complete nonsense. Absolute nonsense beyond belief, and really shouldn't even need to be said.

Were we in the position of Hearts, Partick Thistle or Falkirk, then I'm quite sure we'd have voted how they did. And I'm also entirely sure we'd have done so entirely in self-interest, as those clubs did, as would have been completely appropriate.

However, given we're in a position of finding the best and fairest possible outcome from a difficult situation in which it is impossible to please every club, what we've got is about as good as we could get. The clubs with little to gain or lose such as Aberdeen, Hibs, Arbroath, Dunfermline, Morton, Alloa and Raith Rovers are the moderating influences and it's ludicrous to criticise these clubs because they'd have voted differently if the league standings were different. They all would, of course they would, but that's irrelevant.

The least affected clubs, whoever they happened to be, are the ones who are capable of acting with more of a care about the wider interest of the game rather than purely themselves. Perhaps the best thing about a mid-table finish is that it's spared us as a club, and many fans on forums, saying the embarrassing things that have recently come from Falkirk, Partick, Inverness and Hearts.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Mon 11 May 11:05

Nailed it socks... 👍
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 May 11:29

"Would we have voted on same way if in Partick or Falkirk position. If it was greater good and integrity then it’s a yes, I suspect a No though."

We'll never know, thankfully.

I didn't agree with the idea of ending the season so quickly. It's beginning to look like the only real solution for football in Scotland though and I've no doubt that the SPFL board put forward the resolution as they saw it as the best and fairest solution possible. It's not possible to please everyone and to get the necessary numbers to pass the resolution seems to hint that most neutral clubs agree. It's not entirely fair on some but that was always going to be the case.

I feel sorry for Thistle. The fact that a by-product of this is that Falkirk, Hearts, The Rangers and now, Scott Gardiner, are raging amuses me greatly though.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Mon 11 May 11:33

Excellent post from Socks.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 May 12:03

Stephen McGowan, writes for the Daily Mail "Dunfermline chairman Ross McArthur issuing a statement responding to Inverness allegations this afternoon"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Mon 11 May 12:30

Quote:

DBP, Mon 11 May 11:05

Nailed it socks... 👍

With the exception of Raith Rovers having little to gain or lose. 😉
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 May 12:35

Partick voting yes at the EGM tomorrow, never saw that coming...

Clyde's views on certain teams wont get much coverage but they can see right through them

https://www.clydefc.co.uk/news/2020/05/11/6418/#.Xrk2uzF8DIU
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 May 13:03

Fair point about Raith Rovers - I think I was thinking about them in terms of reconstruction rather than the whole thing but you're right, they don't really belong on that list.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gem 1977  
Date:   Mon 11 May 13:08

Statement from Ross McArthur now on COWS.

<https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Chairman`s_Statement_&ID=11909>
https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Chairman%60s_Statement_&ID=11909

Here's to the first of the day, fellas! To old D.H. Lawrence.
Neh! Neh! Neh! Fuh! Fuh! Fuh! Indians

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Mon 11 May 13:18

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dunfermline-hit-back-inverness-caledonian-22008009.amp?__twitter_impression=true

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hail2Crail  
Date:   Mon 11 May 13:25

ICT chairman = Grass.

Stitches.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Mon 11 May 13:39

Dignified and measured response from Ross, I can’t see it being the end to the issue but a defensive statement was required in order to stand his and the clubs ground
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Mon 11 May 13:42

In regards reading of the ICT statement it is actually very negative and many complaints about it being everyone else’s problem with no self reflection. Nice guy, eh!
Guess he will not be welcome in the EEP boardroom for a cuppa 🙃
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 May 13:45

"somethings can be very simple if you look at them that way"

I said that on Saturday and it applies to this as well, as per usual though the majority in the football world cannot do that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Mon 11 May 13:46

Well said, Ross. Short, simple and effective... I'm talking about your statement, not you!

:)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Kebab  
Date:   Mon 11 May 13:48

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 May 14:18

He said he said usual guff, truth somewhere in the middle.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 May 14:55

Quote:

Sounds like TRBFC was spot on with his post a couple of days ago.....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 May 15:59

"He said he said usual guff, truth somewhere in the middle."

It's Ross McArthur vs Scott Gardiner FFS. The truth may be in between the two but it's extremely unlikely to be anywhere near the middle.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 May 23:16

"Record Sport has received confirmation from five other Championship clubs - Alloa, Arbroath, Ayr United, Morton and Queen of the South - that they ‘fully endorse and support’ McArthur’s version of events"

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/secret-inverness-plan-null-void-22011151
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 May 23:45

See it was Gardiner with the (alleged) links to Rangers rather than Ross Morrison. I knew it was someone senior at ICT. No doubt just a conspiracy but definitely read it somewhere.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Mon 11 May 23:55

I hereby swear to never refer to them as "The Daily Ranger" again. Sensational.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Tue 12 May 00:13

At the time, these posts were obviously wrong. With hindsight, they're pretty hilarious.
Quote:

AdamAntsParsStripe, Sun 12 Apr 07:09

Seems ICT are one of the very few clubs who voted, not out of self interest, but for the integrity of the game.
Their chairman came accross on Sportsound as very principled.
Dundee really need to come out now and state their case given that they said they had voted but refused to resubmit their vote when it wasn't recieved by the SPFL.
The whole thing stinks.

Quote:

Sliema Par, Sun 12 Apr 07:59

For all those on the Forum who did not hear yesterday's BBC "Sportsound" 2-330pm yesterday,please try to catch it.

I too was very suspicious of the motives of Inverness CT, inferring they had acted out of self interest.

Clearly they hadn't.Scott Gardiner gave a minute by minute account of the alarming events of Friday afternoon and then supplied documentary evidence one can now google.He said they could not countenance causing financial harm to other football,clubs even if it delayed the £330k they are desperate for.

Many of us are incredulous that the SPFL is trying to conflate the two things of promotion and relegation with the release of funds.

Those funds could have been released one month ago.

The SPFL need to explain themselves.Talk of bullying and coercion,decisions behind closed doors,the refusal to accept the Rangers' motion and the farcical stewardship of the voting are disturbing given Scottish Football faces an existential threat.

Quote:

Sliema Par, Sun 12 Apr 12:05

Any one arguing that "Inverness Are At It" was not listening to BBC "Sportsound" yesterday afternoon.

"Sportsound" is just restarting now.

Absolutely miles off it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Tue 12 May 08:01

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

You are ,of course ,discussing the situation as it was one month ago.

I don't think many of us,even now, would approve of the amateurish handling of the vote in calling the Championship,League 1 and League 2 Seasons.I have attended many a Parliamentary count in my life and this was something children could have organised better.

However,a month on, we are all too well aware of the self serving agenda Inverness CT FC were pursuing accompanied by their malicious allegations.

Post Edited (Tue 12 May 08:07)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Tue 12 May 12:06

Inverness release a new statement, well and truly toys out the pram
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Tue 12 May 12:10

Quote:

Sliema Par, Tue 12 May 08:01

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Quote:

Grant, Sun 12 Apr 12:47

Quote:

Sliema Par, Sun 12 Apr 12:05

Any one arguing that "Inverness Are At It" was not listening to BBC "Sportsound" yesterday afternoon.

"Sportsound" is just restarting now.

Anyone arguing that Inverness are at it are fully correct.

Those how beleive they aren't have been hoodwinked by Scott bloody Gardiner.

Quote:

Grant, Sun 12 Apr 11:45

This talk of Inverness voting with integrity can get in the bin aswell, the reason they've voted no is that they can read the situation and with a big Premier league side currently in 12th place they reckon the time is right for league re construction, with that the most likely scenario, and one often mooted is having 2 promotions from the championship, league one etc and no relegations from the Premier. They've voted in there own self interest, as every team has.

If Inverness were in our position, or even in third then they would've voted the proposal through.

Hindsight was never needed.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 May 12:15

so they claim there is no truth in the story whatsoever but confirm all of the story at the same time apart from being the leader on it, that was Rangers and Hearts?

the line apart from losing out on 200k, yeah how much would "promotion" have got them as a result if it had gone through with reconstruction.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: storminNorman  
Date:   Tue 12 May 12:35

GJS93 the result of reconstruction going ahead would in all likely hood have saved this club because if rumours (only that but time will tell) are even remotely true they as a club were haemorrhaging cash and with most of the first team either on pre-contracts with other sides or out of contract the ICT starting next season would have been completely unrecognisable from this.
i will keep saying it both clubs Dundee and ICT are the clubs who have completely
used this fiasco to further their own agenda and complete self interests there only aim.
ICT must have been taken aback when the championship clubs backed our chairman's statement and will now hopefully be seen as the bad guys in all this and if i was an ICT fan i would have serious issues with any of those two being anywhere near my club.

just read the statement ohh how gracious were they as a club virtually saying they wanted the season null and void but wait they had no issue with titles being handed out,so meaning promoting United was fine.ahh wait that means not relegating Hearts or partick but still promoting Raith in the process unbalancing the league make up with only reconstruction fixing this.
as for the part were they state they only wanted moneys paid out to help us all who are desperately in need but only if they got the bigger wedge they were entitled too because of the league placings.
i must be missing something surely if they had any interest in any other club THEY would have been insisting on an even split.
you could never make up whats going on just now.

Post Edited (Tue 12 May 12:51)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Tue 12 May 12:57

Instead of releasing statements we need to move things on.
Gypsy style YouTube threats are what is required from now on.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 May 13:02

Indeed, hindsight was never needed - it was always clear that Inverness were only interested in finding some artificial route to a promotion they hadn't earned. If you believed Scott Gardiner's comments a few weeks ago, you really should have looked at them more critically.

It looks now that their intended route to that was as follows:

1 - Effectively void the season but declare Dundee Utd champions

2 - that would mean it would be unreasonable to relegate Hearts but equally unreasonably not to promote Dundee Utd, leaving the only solution as adding an extra team. Amazingly enough, that would be Inverness

3 - despite effectively declaring a void season, still distribute prize money according to current places which, also amazingly, Inverness would be beneficiaries of, compared to the other alternative of an equal split

They wanted to have their cake and eat it. It's OK for all clubs to look after their own interests, but it was quite obviously complete rubbish that they were doing it for the sake of integrity because they couldn't countenance any club being unfairly relegated. At least much now seems apparent to everyone.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Tue 12 May 13:04

Grant: I truly admire your prescience,well done.

I was taken in by Inverness' arguments on the 12th.

Although I am on record as condemning the attacks on the honesty and integrity of the SPFL, by 30th April.

As Michael Stewart has said the SPFL are not corrupt nor sleekit.

However, the Dundee voting pantomime; the disingenuous blocking of the Rangers' motion and the handing of a 105 page document by the SPFL to the Clubs' Boards all took the breath away.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 May 13:11

Interesting take on voiding a season. Unfortunately for them, that's what the Dutch have done so there's a blueprint for any club that wants to follow that route.

Gardiner's managed this once, so probably thought he'd get it done again and is apoplectic that he's been stopped. The whole, "we must be the only club that doesn't know what league they'll be in next season" line when he was at Dundee still riles me several years on. Doesn't even make arithmetical sense.

Post Edited (Tue 12 May 13:17)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Tue 12 May 13:54

New ICT statement
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/international/inverness-ct-chairman-backs-scott-gardiner-he-blasts-campaign-tarnish-club-2850384

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 May 14:17

The response in relation to equal pay outs makes sense, no club would advocate for losing best part of 200k, it's unreasonable to suggest they would have agreed to that. Again more statements, I wonder how many in last few weeks. Independent investigation and try to get to the other side if that's even possible now.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 May 15:13

"The response in relation to equal pay outs makes sense, no club would advocate for losing best part of 200k"

Yeah, but you either void the season or you don't. If you want to cancel it so that it never happened, you can't just cherry pick the bits that you fancy from that scenario.

There's essentially 3 different options which make logical sense (parking the financial implications):

1. The season is to continue when it's safe to do so (e.g. Germany, England)
2. The season is to end. Places to be decided by "fair" means (e.g France, Belgium)
3. The season is to be voided i.e. it never happened (e.g. Netherlands).

If you choose 2 and then agree a restructure, so be it. But Rangers, Hearts and ICT seem to have come up with a strange hybrid where Dundee Utd get promoted, Hearts don't come down, everyone gets the prize money relating to where they are at in the league and, I presume, Celtic aren't crowned champions. Maybe I've misunderstood it all though.

Post Edited (Tue 12 May 15:22)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 May 15:23

ICT wanted to void the season and still get the payouts worked on league positions,therefore the best of both for them .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Tue 12 May 15:31

FROM BBC website just now:

"Rangers, backed by Hearts and Stranraer, called Tuesday's EGM and the support of 32 of the 42 clubs was needed for the resolution to pass.
Thirteen clubs, including four in the Premiership, backed an investigation, 27 were against and two abstained."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 May 15:34

There's only one club in Scotland who are desperate to have this season declared null and void - and it's not ICT, but a newish club who play in a large Scottish city. I wonder why? This club has many fans around the country, some of whom could easily be persuaded to go along with any ploy which might help achieve such an outcome.

One such self confessed fan, is Scott Gardiner, ICT's CEO. My understanding is that he wanted his club to have their cake and eat it. Null and void the season, but use the current standings to distribute TV monies as if the season had been completed. ICT are now upset because 5 Championship clubs weren't prepared to go along with this little scheme. Can you blame them?

Once this first part of the plan had been completed, ICT were to be rewarded by reconstruction resulting in an expansion of the Premiership to 14 clubs. There would be no relegation and they and Dundee United would join the existing 12. With Ann Budge on the SPFL committee looking at reconstruction and one big Glasgow club drumming up support among its member clubs, it looked a good bet until Ross McArthur pointed out the flaw in Boldrick's cunning plan.....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 May 16:18

Morton having a go at Inverness' claims in the Record now

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/morton-chief-trashes-inverness-null-22014426
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 May 17:01

Quote:

GJS93, Tue 12 May 16:18

Morton having a go at Inverness' claims in the Record now

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/morton-chief-trashes-inverness-null-22014426

I would hope that the other Championship clubs who were unhappy with ICT/Therangers plan will now all come out and confirm Dave McKinnon and Ross McArthur's version of events.

Scott Gardiner was so plausible on Sportsound, but is looking very isolated now.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Tue 12 May 17:43

Perhaps I'm wrong here, however could it be that Inverness are close to bankruptcy. Their crowds are very poor and as such they must struggle to remain full time. I know a year or so back the talked about going part time. Perhaps it is the lack of cash at the gate that they were concerned about when the league money arrangement was getting made.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 May 18:31

Further to my conspiracy theory at 15.34, here's some more grist for the mill:-

https://twitter.com/Tam_Selleck/status/1260145070201802755?s=09

Just cos I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me. 😯

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 12 May 18:36

Have ICT's parachute payments run out now?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 May 18:39

Can I get some of what Gardner is smoking? So, for clarity, his suggestion is that:

Teams are made champions
Money awarded on current positions
No relegation

All sounds reasonable, except for the simple fact that if one team goes up, one team needs to come down. You can't have champions without relegation unless the suggestion is that the champions are to get the prize money but remain in their current league.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 May 18:41

Think he was hoping ICT and Dundee Utd would be promoted ,win win

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 May 18:45

But he said he wasn't voting out of self-interest. So either he's incredibly naive or a liar.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 May 18:47

Quote:

jake89, Tue 12 May 18:45

But he said he wasn't voting out of self-interest. So either he's incredibly naive or a liar.

It's a tough one, Jake. 😉

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 May 19:08

"But he said he wasn't voting out of self-interest. So either he's incredibly naive or a liar."

Let's imagine that he's the same slimey b@$t@rd who manoeuvred twice in administration Dundee in to the Premier League despite finishing out of the promotion places.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Tue 12 May 23:40

Quote:

jake89, Tue 12 May 18:45

Or both

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 13 May 02:44

Grammar Police...

Yes, I know that it pisses some of you guys off, but not half as much as pains me to see some of you spelling ENquiry, when it should be INquiry.

To illustrate: You make an enquiry about the cost of something. You hold an inquiry into why that something costs so much.

Okay? Get it now???

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Thaipar  
Date:   Wed 13 May 03:23

Quote:

OzPar, Wed 13 May 02:44

Grammar Police...

Yes, I know that it pisses some of you guys off, but not half as much as pains me to see some of you spelling ENquiry, when it should be INquiry.

To illustrate: You make an enquiry about the cost of something. You hold an inquiry into why that something costs so much.

Okay? Get it now???

Ya crabbit hoor 😂

Please don't book me Admin, it will ruin my life.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Wed 13 May 08:47

Quote:

OzPar, Wed 13 May 02:44

Grammar Police...

Okay? Get it now???

^^^ G"day mate

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Luxembourg Par  
Date:   Wed 13 May 15:05

Grammer police?

Can I inquire why your getting two uptite about you're enquiry?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Wed 13 May 15:11

Quote:

Luxembourg Par, Wed 13 May 15:05

Grammer police?

Can I inquire why your getting two uptite about you're enquiry?

Hahahahaha
I sea watt ewe did their
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 13 May 15:21

Get back in yer box, Lux...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Wed 13 May 15:51

Quote:

dafc, Tue 12 May 14:17

The response in relation to equal pay outs makes sense, no club would advocate for losing best part of 200k, it's unreasonable to suggest they would have agreed to that. Again more statements, I wonder how many in last few weeks. Independent investigation and try to get to the other side if that's even possible now.

Did I miss something? I thought they didn't realise they would lose money. Ross explained it to them and they accused him of bullying. Did I get that wrong?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 13 May 17:54

Gardner - we think go this way
McArthur - but you'd lose hundreds of thousands...
Gardner - yes, but we'll...eh, nothing. Stop bullying us!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net