DAFC.net
Home 26 November 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Cardle
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Sun 10 May 21:50

Noticed JoJo posted a pic on fb captioned soon come (then a black and while football emoji) it's a pic of him in a pars top on the pitch ...

Could he be returning?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Cardle
Topic Originator: ParsDan03  
Date:   Sun 10 May 21:52

Also seen this on Instagram.
I hope it is him returning to be honest would love to have him back and couldn’t see why else he’d post a photo with him in a pars top.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 May 21:53

Seems strange, if anything would have thought a partick top. Not sure of hos contract status, butnwould have though he would be allowed to leave if relegated
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Sun 10 May 21:57

Should never have been released in first place.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 May 22:09

He is out of contract as of next month
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Sun 10 May 22:20

Drove past him tonight as he jogged past the crem. He’s certainly been keeping himself fit anyway, 10K per day.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParsDan03  
Date:   Sun 10 May 22:22

Quote:

The Toun Clock, Sun 10 May 22:20

Drove past him tonight as he jogged past the crem. He’s certainly been keeping himself fit anyway, 10K per day.

Yeah he is putting on his Instagram daily that he is jogging and most of the time it’s 10k if not the occasional 5k
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sun 10 May 22:38

it was the correct decision to release him.
it would be the wrong decision to re-sign him, be a long time before the real talk of signing players will start too.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 10 May 22:46

Maybe back in a coaching capacity?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sun 10 May 23:28

Decent player in his time, but there is going to be younger, better players available. It sounds pretty nasty to say, but there are going to be a lot of very good players that will be looking for contracts next season
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 May 23:41

We wont be in any better a positon than other clubs to sign those 'very good' players
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 10 May 23:59

Well I'd have him back at the club

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Mon 11 May 00:32

Fantastic lad who genuinely loves the club. Would be great if we gave him a player/ coach position. Jo can put the UEFA license’s to good use.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Mon 11 May 05:34

Definitely take him back. Was a huge mistake to let him go with AJ gambling on Fraser Aird staying on.
He has his coaching badges so can fit that in somehow.
Jojo can inject life into a game and while I wouldn't expect him to start every week, he deserves to finish his playing career at East End Park when it comes.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 11 May 06:36

I liked Joe very much, both as a person and a player, but I think it's highly unlikely he'll be back at EEP, but you never know. I think he was quite upset when he learned he wasn't getting a new contract and may have said things he now regrets.

Time's a great healer though. Who would have thought Fais would ever have returned to EEP but he did - and for the same manager, too.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsdaft  
Date:   Mon 11 May 07:29

https://twitter.com/jojocardle/status/1259579766799241216?s=21

Post Edited (Mon 11 May 11:19)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Mon 11 May 09:36

Would love to have him back as a coach of the Young lads. A guy who loves the club and if the price is right then I'd have him back but not as a player.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Mon 11 May 09:43

Joe knows what he’s doing here, he’s adored by Pars fans.

Too many living in the past, he was released for reason and is hardly setting Thistle on fire.

As a coach absolutely though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Mon 11 May 09:46

Anyone got any first hand experience of Joe's coaching?

He might be the second coming of Rinus Michels for all I know but I'd prefer to see some evidence.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Mon 11 May 10:54

I said a year ago have him as a coach and a reserve team player he would be a great leader for the junior players. He could also be a game changing substitute for the first team.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 May 10:55

I think Cardle himself will know that he os not going to be the regular starter that he was 3-4 years ago
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Mon 11 May 11:06

I'd take him back, adds a bit of experience to the squad and if it helps guide some of the younger lads then perfect.

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Mon 11 May 11:29

Not many people seem to realise that having your coaching qualification doesn't make you a good coach. He might be the worst and until he can evidence otherwise people need to take the rose tinted specs off.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 May 11:32

The same thought process can be applied to any job... Got to have a start somewhere...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 May 11:37

He also might be an absolute visionary. Truth is though, it makes no logical sense for him to be touted as a coach unless we both need one and he's got the ability to excel at the job. I'd just like to know if anyone has first hand experience of his abilities?

For the record, I'd love him to be a great coach and show it at The Pars. Joe was absolutely brilliant company the one time I've met him to do the podcast and there seems to be a queue of people who have met him or know him and will testify to the same. He's also only 33 years old though and seems to take his fitness extremely seriously. I'd be surprised if he's not playing for another few years. He was always energetic and had quick feet but never had lightning pace. There's nothing to say that he can't still do a job with the right club.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JimMcDAFC  
Date:   Mon 11 May 18:34

We already have a very good youth/ reserve team coach in Greg Shields but I would have Joe back as a squad player. Who knows what will happen with players after this is over.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Mon 11 May 18:44

There are no vacancies at Dunfermline just now, and we're hardly in a position to create any give the current financial climate.
What a pointless thread.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 May 22:24

Quote:

BigJPar, Mon 11 May 18:44

There are no vacancies at Dunfermline just now, and we're hardly in a position to create any give the current financial climate.
What a pointless thread.

What a pointless post

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 May 08:24

No vacancies? We are a football team...

Mr positive as always
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Tue 12 May 16:41

"Yeah he is putting on his Instagram daily that he is jogging and most of the time it’s 10k if not the occasional 5k"

Yep, likewise... half marathon on a sunday, 10k runs 4 days a week "recovery" 5/6km on a friday and a raced 5k on a saturday plus working full time. Wheres my contract ;)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stoo  
Date:   Fri 15 May 23:37

I'd have him back. Doubt he would be a regular but good lad to have around the club and to think at 33 he couldn't chip in and do what he has done with Dunfermline over and over seems a bit pessimistic.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Sat 16 May 00:17

Can he cut the grass?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 16 May 01:03

Joe was great and he is still keeping fit and I'm sure we all wish him well but the sad facts are that his playing days are just fading into the distance, a memory, a good one but he is an impact player and hasn't had much impact for a while. Failed to set the grass alight with Thistle. Maybe could do something as a coach but sadly not as a player now, not for the Pars anyway.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toumba Libre  
Date:   Sat 16 May 03:30

Would love him back. Some players just fit in with certain clubs and Joe is just that with us... he loves Dunfermline Athletic and he would be invaluable to the club. I’m sure I have heard previous players saying that when they had offers from us it was Joe that sold the club to them because of his passion for us. 33 is not too old in football any more. it’s not often we get players like him that genuinely care about the club and I would love him back with an eye to him finishing his playing career here and then moving into coaching. Players like him are invaluable to a small club like ours imo.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 May 04:49

I don't need to tell anyone that money will be tighter for us next season then ever. We won't have enough to be signing players to be impact subs, or because they'd be good to have around. We'll have a smaller squad and everyone should be able to contribute a full 90 minutes every week.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 May 09:38

Signing Joe would probably mean selling more season tickets, hence he would not cost the club money.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 May 10:09

Why not just sign Josh and Higgy while we are at it?

I can't imagine many clubs operating much more than a skeleton squad whenever the season starts, even part time.

If we have room for extra players, then the likes of Paton etc would do for me.

Of course Joe was good for us, but that was a long time ago, and every dog has its day, we can't be signing guys at 33 unless they had serious higher experience, and none of these players have that.

I would fully expect a football player to be doing 10K runs btw.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Sat 16 May 10:11

Quote:

dd23, Sat 16 May 04:49

I don't need to tell anyone that money will be tighter for us next season then ever. We won't have enough to be signing players to be impact subs, or because they'd be good to have around. We'll have a smaller squad and everyone should be able to contribute a full 90 minutes every week.

^^^^ Totally agree.

Joe is one of my all time favourite Pars players and I am full of admiration and gratitude for his time and commitment to the Pars over the years.

Next few seasons may be extremely tight financially and we have to prepare for this in advance and cannot afford to carry any additional weight.

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 16 May 12:40

"Signing Joe would probably mean selling more season tickets"

I suppose his family would count, in general though no it wouldn't.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 May 14:46

"Signing Joe would probably mean selling more season tickets"

Absolutely no way.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sat 16 May 21:20

Cant believe were still going on about Mr Cardle ,He did a great job for us but he is certainly at his present level any better than we have now .He missed many games for PT or on the bench or subbed in many games .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sat 16 May 23:22

Quote:

GG Riva, Mon 11 May 06:36

I liked Joe very much, both as a person and a player, but I think it's highly unlikely he'll be back at EEP, but you never know. I think he was quite upset when he learned he wasn't getting a new contract and may have said things he now regrets.

I've heard this a few times also, as you said though time is a great healer.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 May 23:43

Surely in football you just move on, at some point it ends that's guaranteed.

I neither know not care what happened previously, the same things happen to all footballers, managers etc.

I hope Joe has a plan B for after football.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sun 17 May 01:02

Joe is a 'Pars legend' contender for all fans who've joined the Pars family in the last decade. His signing would put bums on seats. Plus he's a genuine good guy. Sign him up.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sun 17 May 02:14

I'm no accountant... But with no money coming in I don't think we'll be signing anyone soon... No matter who it is.
This is also the case for most if not all Scottish Clubs

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sun 17 May 02:58

Quote:

DBA, Sun 17 May 01:02

Joe is a 'Pars legend' contender for all fans who've joined the Pars family in the last decade. His signing would put bums on seats. Plus he's a genuine good guy. Sign him up.

He is a very good guy and was a good player and served the club above and beyond ,But to tag him a legend ! Deary deary me .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 17 May 09:41

I remember we went through a fairly bad period with Calderwood where I felt we were a soulless club. Could guarantee the majority of those players would be off for £1 more elsewhere. Not suggesting there's anything wrong with players looking for better deals, but it just felt like they were here for the money rather than being bought into the club values. Cardle is definitely one of the post-Calderwood players who has felt like a "Pars man".

Being a "Pars man" doesn't buy him a contract but I wouldn't mind him having a role at EEP if there is one
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Sun 17 May 10:09

If we were to sign anyone I’d rather we had a proper leader on the park, someone to pull the kids together when things are going wrong and give them a gee up (or a rocket if that’s needed). I don’t think JC is that man.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 May 10:14

Paul Paton would seem an obvious candidate.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AB Loyal  
Date:   Sun 17 May 12:28

bring him home

The Prophet - 12/07/18, 13/06/19, 10/07/20
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sun 17 May 13:58

Quote:

Rigger Al, Sun 17 May 02:58

Quote:

DBA, Sun 17 May 01:02

He is a very good guy and was a good player and served the club above and beyond ,But to tag him a legend ! Deary deary me .

If you've only watched the Pars for the last 10 years or so, who else would you consider a legend in that time?

He'll be nowhere near the top 10 in the full club history, but for new fans he's the closest they've got.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Sun 17 May 14:27

While I don't think we should bring him back. I don't see how he couldn't be regarded and a future legend. He's been involved in 2 championship winning teams, played in the premier League with us, offered to play for us for nothing during administration, scored goals, excited fans, and as an added bonus punched the Airdrie Captain in the pus. What more could you want?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 May 18:05

This is aimed at Ross and the rest of the board. We know which league we are going to be in next season. However the club won't know how much season tickets are going to cost but this is an idea which would help us to get ready for next season. It would also help to get players like Joe signed. Going on last season's ticket prices let us pay appropriately 50% up front with the rest due before the season starts. Example OAPs £100, gold card and adults £150. That way when money is tight for a great deal of us we can split our outgoing monies.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 17 May 19:19

I won’t be buying a season ticket until I’m clear what I’m paying for, at the moment I don’t know how much of next season could be played behind closed doors.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 May 19:43

If they're put on sale I'll probably buy one. No logic whatsoever other than at this time of year I always do.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sun 17 May 20:26

I will buy a season ticket no matter what. I have the money for it so if it helps the club, I would also not ask for any repayment.

I can understand that not everyone can afford to but one without any return, but I'm sure if season tickets went on sale a good few would be bought and no one would request repayment if a full season is not played or no entrance allowed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Sun 17 May 20:46

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 17 May 19:43

If they're put on sale I'll probably buy one. No logic whatsoever other than at this time of year I always do.

And it's what you'd do (if in a position to) to help your team.

I'd get one too.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 May 12:33

DBA Why not?.... Times change mate, modern day football. Legends of the club will change. If Joe is not, then I fear we may never see a pars player become "legend"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Mon 18 May 13:59

"Signing Joe would probably mean selling more season tickets, hence he would not cost the club money."

Given the situation with furlough etc I'd say any club budget would be based on maximum 75% renewal of season tickets once there is any sign of football resuming.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 May 15:08

Quick question -

1. Did our ticket sales go up last time we signed Cardle and
2. Did they go down again when he moved to PT

??

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 May 15:24

You can not answer that question, unfortunately there is not an option when taking out the season ticket that says "please tick here if ordering your season ticket because we signed Joe Cardle"

I think the whole point is it creates a buzz and perhaps increases the surge of sales, that would prob sign up anyway
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 18 May 16:05

Yes you can. Did sales go up and did sales go down? Simple questions simple answers. You can debate the cause if you like but the question and answers are straight forward enough.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 May 18:47

I remember when Joe appeared in the friendly against East Fife I asked that question re season tickets. There were a few tat said they would buy. Again, Joe would put ticket sails up, by how many I don't know.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ft media  
Date:   Mon 18 May 19:25

No offence but Jo won't attract more season ticket sales. If they go up or down it is pure coincidence and sales will be due to whatever outside influences are in peoples personal lives.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 18 May 20:01

"Again, Joe would put ticket sails up, by how many I don't know."

Only from fair weather fans I reckon !!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 May 20:15

"There were a few tat said they would buy"

No need to be rude about Joe's fans!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 May 20:26

Quote:

ft media, Mon 18 May 19:25

No offence but Jo won't attract more season ticket sales. If they go up or down it is pure coincidence and sales will be due to whatever outside influences are in peoples personal lives.

^^^^ Agree - Most Pars fans that can will support their club whether (or not) Joe signs.

I agree his signing in the past may have triggered a wave of fans to buy instinctively and immediately in a frenzied wave of excitement but suspect they would have purchased anyway on the run up to the season start.

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Mon 18 May 20:44

Quote:

DunfyDave, Mon 18 May 20:26

Quote:

ft media, Mon 18 May 19:25

^^^^ Agree - Most Pars fans that can will support their club whether (or not) Joe signs.

I agree his signing in the past may have triggered a wave of fans to buy instinctively and immediately in a frenzied wave of excitement but suspect they would have purchased anyway on the run up to the season start.

Whether you like it or not, not all fans are die hard, support the club at all costs people.
I agree Jojo signing now wouldn't create much extra interest but as a general point a good signing can add a couple of hundred onto season ticket sales.
Even Fais coming back did that a couple of years back.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Tue 19 May 14:39

Going by this thread for our golden boy I reckon a few more season tickets would be sold aye 😉

Mon Joe, ye know ye want to get that statue ~ and Tracey and I will happily nick the Tom Lang cut-outs at the glass doors 😂

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ladswell_Thistle  
Date:   Tue 19 May 17:14

What he will attract is a number of kits being bought by kids with Cardle 11 on the back!
(Just going by my son's argument 😂)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 19 May 18:41

Even when Joe's drawing his pension I suspect there'll be a few on here saying we should re-sign him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Tue 19 May 19:59

I think he may have added a few with his last signing but maybe not next time round. I would like to see him in some sort of role at the club in the future. He is obviously a firm favourite and has the club at heart. Could be a good ambassador.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net