DAFC.net
Home 04 June 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 The SFA
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Tue 12 May 07:29

One feature of the last seven weeks of Lockdown has been some intelligent,articulate,even informed posts on the Pars Fans Forum regarding the SPFL.We have had the shambolic Dundee vote,the wretched unfair relegations,talk of an Independent Enquiry and the Rangers dossier,mention of restarting Scottish Football and what that means for closed doors Football,welfare,contracts,sponsorship,broadcasting,the wonderful £50k raised by our generous fans and ,finally, the appalling uncalled for malicious attack on our Chairman by Inverness CT.

What we have heard little of is the other organisation; the SFA.Henry McLeish is calling this a great tragedy.All we have heard is an interview with Rod Petrie and the guarantee that the Scottish FA Cup 2020 WILL be played to a finish albeit with different players!Chief Executive Ian Maxwell is peripheral.McLeish argues that the SPFL has taken over the SFA like encroaching hogweed.The committees of the SFA are dominated by members of the SPFL.A handful of big clubs dominate the SPFL and hence the SFA ,therefore, a measure most Scottish Fans want to see like League Reconstruction is repeatedly pushed to the back burner.

Post Edited (Tue 12 May 08:10)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The SFA
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Tue 12 May 07:55

This was/is the one opportunity Scottish football had to reset, start from square one and correct some of the many wrongs that exist within our game which has been in decline for decades

What has transpired has been the escalation of those wrongs and the further damage to our game which is now no more than a laughing stock in world football

Those involved in infighting and division should hang their heads and stand aside to allow others to look for solutions

Once again we have managed to implode when we should be using the current climate as a real opportunity to progress
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 12 May 07:59

Should be quite a bun fight at the SPFL EGM this morning.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52615278
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 May 08:03

It could have been broadcast live to fans allowing us to digest at first hand the workings of the inner sanctum and to form an opinion first hand instead of how each club wishes to spin to suit their own agenda
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Tue 12 May 08:04

Quote:

1970par, Tue 12 May 07:55

This was/is the one opportunity Scottish football had to reset, start from square one and correct some of the many wrongs that exist within our game which has been in decline for decades

What has transpired has been the escalation of those wrongs and the further damage to our game which is now no more than a laughing stock in world football

Those involved in infighting and division should hang their heads and stand aside to allow others to look for solutions

Once again we have managed to implode when we should be using the current climate as a real opportunity to progress

Our game was a laughing stock long before this debacle... But I agree with your sentiment.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 May 08:16

I don’t disagree with the that fact that our game was a laughing stock in world football and did allude to it, this however has plumbed new depths and will only serve to drive even more fans away from our game at a time when people are and will continue to find other things to occupy their time which does not include attending football matches
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Tue 12 May 08:24

The only way these things ever change is through a united front and people-power.

Uniting every club chairman to form an alliance to represent their clubs in pushing forward much needed reconstruction and fairer distribution of funds to enhance a more competitive league system and encouraging fans to voice their frustrations by creating, promoting and signing an online petition to lobby those to make the right decisions.

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 May 08:40

The nearest we came to that was when the fans of certain clubs were in uproar when their BOD’s were voting to allow the The Rangers to be directly installed in The Permier League

Thludands of fans said they would never attend their clubs matches again should their BOD vote in this way thus forcing a change of direction

Whilst our own club is run openly and transparently there are other clubs whose fans are treated with disdain, for example my Falkirk supporting friend continuously tells me about how that particular clubs BOD are in it for largely self interest and has an admiration for our fans owned model and the open communication between the BOD and fans
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Tue 12 May 09:45

Quote:

1970par, Tue 12 May 08:40

The nearest we came to that was when the fans of certain clubs were in uproar when their BOD’s were voting to allow the The Rangers to be directly installed in The Permier League

Thludands of fans said they would never attend their clubs matches again should their BOD vote in this way thus forcing a change of direction

Whilst our own club is run openly and transparently there are other clubs whose fans are treated with disdain, for example my Falkirk supporting friend continuously tells me about how that particular clubs BOD are in it for largely self interest and has an admiration for our fans owned model and the open communication between the BOD and fans

You're right. What the authorities tried to do with the new team called Rangers should be a stain on our game forevermore and worse that many of the people involved are still in positions at a high level.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Tue 12 May 09:59

Quote:

DunfyDave, Tue 12 May 08:24

The only way these things ever change is through a united front and people-power.

Uniting every club chairman to form an alliance to represent their clubs in pushing forward much needed reconstruction and fairer distribution of funds to enhance a more competitive league system and encouraging fans to voice their frustrations by creating, promoting and signing an online petition to lobby those to make the right decisions.

And that's why it could never have occurred during this crisis and anybody who thought it could was just being naive...
You needed to call this season as is and focus all energy on what football will be like post covid... Not just fans attending but finances, governance, league structures etc

And you can only do all that when you:

- have time to do it properly (not standing on a burning platform)
- you can think strategically (not just trying to save hearts from relegation in the short term)
- can limit self interest (not clubs thinking about impact on them here and now which is unplanned and unbudgeted for)
- can let clubs start a campaign knowing what the end looks like in terms of promotion, relegation, prizes etc (and don't get lawyers called in regardless of what decision you make)

I could go on with loads of other reasons that would be better served by doing it properly and not now in a panic, eg marketing, sponsorship, tv, distribution of wealth, fans input, etc but you get the idea

Post Edited (Tue 12 May 10:00)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Tue 12 May 10:10

I do get the idea DBP and agree with what you say.

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Tue 12 May 10:11

I can't see the Scottish cup continuing.
Seems strange the spfl have said team 42 won't be competing in this competition.
The sfa also run the pyramid play offs (separate competetiin) and spfl have refused to allow team 42 to compete, so are the spfl picking and choosing what competitions it's spfl teams play in.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Tue 12 May 10:28

Quote:

DunfyDave, Tue 12 May 10:10

I do get the idea DBP and agree with what you say.

Sorry I meant to say at start of my post that I agreed with your view - and wanted to add that the current conditions don't support what you highlighted as being required
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Tue 12 May 10:29

Can I add that once the SPFL and the Board have discussed this to clear the way forward, it will be then the turn of the PFA to step in a tell the board that there is no potential way of playing future games under current contracts with respect to Health & Safety.
If we were in the premiership and our prize asset who we wish to sell in the summer and who wanted to better himself and leave, had an issue of playing under conditions where he did not feel safe, then he is perfectly entitled to enlist the H&S executive to investigate safe working practices.
This will happen and it will mean every team playing will have to work under the implications of testing costs will affect all clubs who have to continue games. As a supporter funded sport, this is not a viable solution for the clubs financially either.
This doesn’t take into account non contracted players, but makes a farce of the contract windows.
Next move Fraser Wishart.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net