DAFC.net
Home 04 June 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 NO SPFL Investigation
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Tue 12 May 16:20

“ SPFL CLUBS REJECT CALL FOR INQUIRY
RESOLUTION REJECTED IN ALL THREE VOTING SECTIONS, LESS THAN ONE THIRD OF ALL CLUBS VOTE IN FAVOUR
SPFL clubs have voted to reject a resolution by Hearts, Rangers and Stranraer to hold an independent inquiry into last month’s directors written resolution.
The resolution today required at least 75% of votes in each of the three voting sections (Ladbrokes Premiership / Championship / League 1 & 2) to succeed. However, less than one third of all clubs voted in favour.
All 42 clubs cast their ballots, with 13 in favour, 27 against and two abstentions.
In the Ladbrokes Premiership, where nine clubs would have been required to vote in favour, a total of four clubs (33%) supported the resolution, with eight clubs (67%) opposing it.
In the Ladbrokes Championship, where eight clubs would have been required to vote in favour, a total of one club (10%) supported the resolution, with nine clubs (90%) opposing it.
In Ladbrokes Leagues One and Two, where 15 clubs would have been required to vote in favour, a total of eight clubs (40%) supported the resolution, with ten clubs (50%) opposing it and two clubs (10%) abstaining.
Speaking shortly after today’s EGM, which was held via video conference with clubs casting their ballots electronically, SPFL chairman Murdoch MacLennan urged all clubs to respect the democratic process and unite behind efforts to restart football as soon as could be done safely.
He said: “The last few weeks have been bruising ones for many people in our game. Far too many words have been spoken and written which have sown anger and division amongst clubs. That is a matter of the deepest regret to very many people in our game, myself included.
“I know those who proposed this resolution will be disappointed, but I trust that everyone involved, on both sides of this argument, will now respect the clear, democratic and decisive result we have seen today and allow our game to move forward together. The overwhelming majority of clubs voted to oppose this resolution and it’s now incumbent on all clubs to put their differences aside, otherwise we will all suffer together.
“I have taken careful note of the concerns expressed by the minority of clubs which voted in favour and when we are back to playing football in a safe environment, I will bring clubs together to discuss the lessons learned.
“Every single one of us understands that the Covid-19 pandemic has brought huge challenges for our game, which we must overcome soon if we are to save all 42 clubs and restart the sport we all love.
“That is a daunting prospect in its own right – one of the gravest our sport has faced and it’s no exaggeration to say that it threatens the very existence of many of the SPFL’s clubs if we get it wrong.
“If Scottish football is to survive this, we simply must unite and use the enormous talents, resources and creativity at our collective disposal to rescue our game.
“Time is short. In reality, we must do everything humanly possible to get games back up and running by the end of July.
“We simply cannot afford the distraction of further infighting or legal challenges.
“I’m sure we can all agree that the quicker we get back to playing football, the better.”

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: NO SPFL Investigation
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Tue 12 May 16:38

Inverness the only team in the Championship to vote for, Dundee voting no might get a bit of coverage.
Partick were voting as a league 1 team with Raith as a championship team hence the figures.

its the end of this vote but it wont be the end of the chaos, the clubs "losing out" wont let this go.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Tue 12 May 16:43

I am surprised the resolution attracted the support it did. It simply isn't the right time to conduct such an enquiry and am particularly surprised at Aberdeen and Livingston supporting it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: doctordandruff  
Date:   Tue 12 May 16:48

Strip out the clubs that directly gain from it then there is hardly a vote for it at all. I reckon Aberdeen only voted yes just so Rangers would have to pay.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Tue 12 May 16:50

This was badly handled from the very outset by the SPFL with their shambolic decision to release a vote minus one team and then pretend they couldn't find the vote because it meant their resolution failed.
They should have been booted there and then but here we are weeks and weeks later just sorting this mess out.
Nobody comes out of this good at all.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GEW35  
Date:   Tue 12 May 16:53

Well said AAPS
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Tue 12 May 17:12

Nah, I'm not having that. However this played out it was always going to be difficult and some people were going to be unhappy and kick up about it. If anyone thinks there was a way this could have been handled that didn't involve anger and division, I think they're deluded.

Anyway, the majority have voted for a resolution to finish the season and have now voted against the need for any enquiry. That should be the end of it.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 May 17:22

Of course teams would have been unhappy about it socks but the very principle of carrying out a vote of any standing or integrity means you wait until everybody has voted (officially) before releasing the results.
I can't think of any league of standing where this is deemed acceptable without high level resignations.
This decision made is the real crux of the matter as to why we find ourselves in this embarrassing mess.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Tue 12 May 17:39

It's really not, because it made no difference to where we eventually got to. I didn't think it was a good idea either to release the latest at 5pm that Friday, but I did accept that it would be difficult to say nothing until all clubs had voted. Had the original resolution been defeated and it then became clear that Dundee had changed their mind, another near-identical resolution would have been put forward immediately and would have passed. As I say, no difference whatsoever in terms of the outcome.

Some people always want to say that anything related to Scottish football administration is 'an absolute shambles', often without any understanding of the processes at play. Tom English, a journalist who I previously thought was OK, has made an absolute erse of himself over several weeks by continuing with this line.

Despite it not being to everyone's satisfaction, the SPFL have found a way of concluding the season and paying out prize money to the satisfaction of the required number of members, when the threshold required is pretty high. I don't think that's bad going and given that most want no enquiry into what happened, it seems the general mood is to accept that and leave it there.

There was a difference of opinion but it has now been resolved by majority vote. I see nothing embarrassing about that.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 May 18:06

It wouldn't have been difficult at all to withhold the result with a simple statement that not all the votes were in. (remember there was 28 days in reality to vote)
It was a forced vote in that you couldn't change your mind from yes to no but you could from no to yes in the weeks to follow.
I agree with you, socks that we would have most likely still have ended with the present result by hook or by crook but I stand by my statement, this was amateurish by the SPFL and heads should have rolled.
I've been on committees at a lower level and even there, such an action would have caused an uproar among club members and not allowed.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Tue 12 May 18:37

[Post Deleted] - Reported as abusive
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Tue 12 May 18:42

"Unfortunately our chairman is very much part of what stinks within with the Mafia of the spfl board. "

So is the The Rangers Managing Director. Let that sink in.

What would your solution have been? I'm pretty sure Brechin would have been relegated if there was one club to replace them, which isn't the case.

In any case, it was just a resolution. The SPFL board didn't vote it through.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we don't sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna score in every game 'til Christmas,
And every touch is goal la la la, it's goal la la la,
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Tue 12 May 18:45

Quote:

dafc, Tue 12 May 18:37

So effectively the teams who bullied other teams, made threats and were most scared of any independent investigation won, and the same teams and board member who created a resolution to effectively expel teams from three leagues and keep the worst team safe, all sounds very reasonable.
Is it little wonder other teams didn't want to stick their neck out given threats made.i
Unfortunately our chairman is very much part of what stinks within with the Mafia of the spfl board.

Bullied teams none
Threats none
Scared teams = humiliated now

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 12 May 18:52

Quote:

So effectively the teams who bullied other teams, made threats and were most scared of any independent investigation won, and the same teams and board member who created a resolution to effectively expel teams from three leagues and keep the worst team safe, all sounds very reasonable.
Is it little wonder other teams didn't want to stick their neck out given threats made.
Unfortunately our chairman is very much part of what stinks within with the Mafia of the spfl board.

Yup. Definitely humped yer bird

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 12 May 18:57

Quote:

Is it little wonder other teams didn't want to stick their neck out given threats made.

In spite of your username, I'm finding it ever more difficult to believe you're a genuine, bona fide Pars fan. You're constant sucking up to Therangers is nauseating. You choose to believe ICT's version of events, despite our Chairman reluctantly setting the record straight with a statement on COWS yesterday - a statement endorsed as completely accurate by Dave McKinnon of Morton. Will you still be sticking to your stance if Arbroath, Alloa and QOS also validate Ross McArthur's statement?

The last sentence of your post is offensive and you should retract it. You clearly have never met our Chairman, or if you have, you have some kind of agenda.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 May 19:10

A Pars fan with Rangers 2012 sympathies would be my guess.

Maybe they can stop 10 in a row and he/she will be a bit more relaxed about it all?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 May 19:15

''Maybe they can stop 10 in a row and he/she will be a bit more relaxed about it all?''

If they could stop 9 in a row, that would be even better, wouldn't it?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Tue 12 May 19:19

Nine in a row has been stopped, at least temporarily, to some extent as it will have an asterisk against it. Just like there will be an asterisk against Liverpool's name should the EPL fail to finish.....

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 May 19:26

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Tue 12 May 19:19

Nine in a row has been stopped, at least temporarily, to some extent as it will have an asterisk against it. Just like there will be an asterisk against Liverpool's name should the EPL fail to finish.....

Can't imagine how you'd be pleased with that outcome.....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Tue 12 May 19:33

Well before the league was suspended Liverpool were experiencing a bit of a wobble so I like to think there was every chance they were going to lose the rest of their matches. However in the interests of football if the league were to be called off I'd graciously accept Liverpool as champions with a big massive asterisk in the record book.

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Tue 12 May 19:44

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Tue 12 May 19:10

Maybe they can stop 10 in a row and he/she will be a bit more relaxed about it all?

The Rangers AGM is in 5 weeks. It will be a summer of entertainment. Guaranteed. This is just the starter course.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Tue 12 May 19:49

Liverpool not being crowned champions has to be the biggest travesty in football history
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parahandy  
Date:   Tue 12 May 20:27

No there won’t be any asterisks - that is wishful thinking by a few zealots
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Tue 12 May 20:32

Asterisk... No asterisk... I don't care.
It's a title to stick in the Craw of that mid table lot fae Manchester... (ye ken... That team that used to be brilliant but now they're bang average at best) 🤣

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 May 20:59

Quote:

widtink, Tue 12 May 20:32

Asterisk... No asterisk... I don't care.
It's a title to stick in the Craw of that mid table lot fae Manchester... (ye ken... That team that used to be brilliant but now they're bang average at best) 🤣

👍

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 12 May 22:22

Roasters now claiming the clubs who voted against it are "Celtic leaning clubs". I think OF supporters need to be clear - are we the club the lay down to Rangers or the club who are Celtic leaning?

Embarrassing that there's still people out their with such a blue and green view of Scottish football.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 May 22:44

26 Celtic leaning clubs and 2 sitting on the fence.

Aberdeen now a Rangers leaning institution.

Stranraer now on Rangers side leaning despite, from memory, being the one club to vote against their admission to the SFL in 2012.

Strange times.

Post Edited (Wed 13 May 07:27)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 May 22:51

As clear as a Boris Johnson statement on physical distancing measures 🤦‍♂️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Wed 13 May 07:23

While all our attention was taken up by the Independent Investigation vote,yesterday,another comment received little attention.

The SPFL Chairman,Murdoch MacLennan, advised that Scottish Football needs to return by July.

UEFA agreed, three weeks ago, that the SPFL can call the Premiership.

Furthermore six Premiership clubs have gone public to confirm they are not in a position to fulfill their 2019/20 fixtures.

The Premiership needs to be called.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Wed 13 May 07:28

Quote:

GG Riva, Tue 12 May 18:57

Quote:

In spite of your username, I'm finding it ever more difficult to believe you're a genuine, bona fide Pars fan. You're constant sucking up to Therangers is nauseating. You choose to believe ICT's version of events, despite our Chairman reluctantly setting the record straight with a statement on COWS yesterday - a statement endorsed as completely accurate by Dave McKinnon of Morton. Will you still be sticking to your stance if Arbroath, Alloa and QOS also validate Ross McArthur's statement?

The last sentence of your post is offensive and you should retract it. You clearly have never met our Chairman, or if you have, you have some kind of agenda.

Is this the return of Ron?😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Wed 13 May 09:52

Ron has been off the lager for the last few weeks but has been on Facebook, so it could be. 🤔🤔🤔
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Roy Barry Fan Club  
Date:   Wed 13 May 10:52

dafc could be Ron -- the comments are very much in line with the nonsense on Follow Follow Rangers website. I was told that he was off the drink.

Also follows his well known dislike for the current Board, a bit like Hail2Crail. and dating from the Masterton insolvency.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Wed 13 May 11:17

Haven't heard anything from Hummingbird Harry for ages? What happened to him?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Wed 13 May 11:33

"Ron has been off the lager for the last few weeks but has been on Facebook, so it could be. 🤔🤔🤔"

Wise move !!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: smitchel  
Date:   Wed 13 May 11:41

Shouldn't all The Rangers titles pre-2012 titles have asterisks attached?

mitchpar
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Malcolm Canmore  
Date:   Wed 13 May 12:18

Quote:

parsmad68, Tue 12 May 19:44

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Tue 12 May 19:10

The Rangers AGM is in 5 weeks. It will be a summer of entertainment. Guaranteed. This is just the starter course.

If lockdown rules still in force, AGM will be limited to two people!

My dog eats meat
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Wed 13 May 14:16

Quote:

veteraneastender, Wed 13 May 11:33

"Ron has been off the lager for the last few weeks but has been on Facebook, so it could be. 🤔🤔🤔"

Wise move !!!

Naw, defo Tennents man, not sure what they serve in the 385 though?🤔
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Wed 13 May 14:57

"Liverpool not being crowned champions has to be the biggest travesty in football history"

I don't think so.

Hillsborough
Heysel
Munich
Bradford Fire
Ibrox Disaster

Countless players who've died on the pitch, on in training - Foe, Feher, Jarque, Puerta...

And Bobo feckin' Balde's handball in 2004.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 13 May 15:24

Quote:

The Roy Barry Fan Club, Wed 13 May 10:52

dafc could be Ron -- the comments are very much in line with the nonsense on Follow Follow Rangers website. I was told that he was off the drink.

Also follows his well known dislike for the current Board, a bit like Hail2Crail. and dating from the Masterton insolvency.

Am I the only person on Dotnet who doesn't have a Scooby about who Ron is?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 13 May 15:49

No! He must be some boy to be simply referred to by his first name - like 'Boris'.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 13 May 16:40

Quote :-
Topic Originator: Bandy like | nolike
Date: Wed 13 May 14:57

"Liverpool not being crowned champions has to be the biggest travesty in football history"

I don't think so.

Hillsborough
Heysel
Munich
Bradford Fire
Ibrox Disaster

Countless players who've died on the pitch, on in training - Foe, Feher, Jarque, Puerta...

And Bobo feckin' Balde's handball in 2004.

No Bandy those were disasters not travesties
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 13 May 17:47

Quote:

GG Riva, Wed 13 May 15:24

Quote:

He's a hub troll who frequented this site for a while. Hung out in torleys in lochgelly
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Wed 13 May 19:12

Quote:

BigJPar, Wed 13 May 17:47

Quote:

GG Riva, Wed 13 May 15:24

Quote:

He's a hub troll who frequented this site for a while. Hung out in torleys in lochgelly

Big Ron McPherson hangs about the old west Fife fb pages loves mentioning the masonic Lodge, recently highlighted that Stuart Adamson was a member

Post Edited (Wed 13 May 21:23)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 May 07:12

Having gone off at a tangent, discussing an individual most of us do not know: can we drag the thread back to the point?

What do fans think of the controversial comments by SPFL Chairman Marshall MacLennan regarding restarting Scottish Football in July?

Six Premiership clubs have said publicly they could not complete season 2019/20 even if directed to.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Thu 14 May 07:54

To me it is like leaving the end of a meeting with everyone leaving the room with a resolution to a emotive matter.
Some people happy, some not.
Then some guy then pipes up about something that wasn’t on the table and drags everyone into the room.
Like I said on a previous post, the PFA are very very quiet at the moment but this will not remain like that for long.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 May 12:36

Quote:

Sliema Par, Thu 14 May 07:12

Having gone off at a tangent, discussing an individual most of us do not know: can we drag the thread back to the point?

What do fans think of the controversial comments by SPFL Chairman Marshall MacLennan regarding restarting Scottish Football in July?

Six Premiership clubs have said publicly they could not complete season 2019/20 even if directed to.

It doesn't seem like a vaccine for this virus is going to be found any time soon.
The way public opinion is heading I can't really see an "out" for Scottish football. Can't see football being played for a couple of years at least.
Anyone else care to have a guess at when/ how we will watch football again.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 May 12:56

MacLennan is on a different planet if he honestly thinks football is going to return in July.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Thu 14 May 13:16

Buspasspar - you're right. Apologies.

Every day is a school day.

That said, I still don't agree with the original statement!

Post Edited (Thu 14 May 13:17)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 May 14:25

Here is my bet.

Leagues 1 and 2 get mothballed.

The Premiership starts behind closed doors later this year.

The Championship Season is halved and restarts behind closed doors early in 2021.

Dunfermline can then sell Season tickets and we all view matches on Pars TV.The Season Ticket holders get a reduction.

Yes we would lose out on Hospitality etc but some income would be recouped by away fans of the clubs we are playing( as they too could pay to access Pars TV)..

In addition perhaps 3400 would be allowed to attend as others have argued.

Post Edited (Thu 14 May 14:29)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 May 14:59

"In addition perhaps 3400 would be allowed to attend as others have argued."

That's a big perhaps - and where does the 3400 figure come from ?

If social distancing still remains there are major issues that would be hard to resolve.

For example turnstiles would not meet H&S requirements.

Once social distancing is relaxed then things will move on.

Post Edited (Thu 14 May 15:09)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 May 16:15

There was an entire thread on the figure of 3400.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 14 May 16:27

Will the 3400 include ST holders who aren't actually at the game?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Thu 14 May 16:38

Closed door games in the championship is an absolute non starter, not even a little bit. It won't, for a multitude of reasons happen.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Thu 14 May 16:51

I’m not sure how “Hubs” would work. There would be a lot of fans heading to the same place rather than fewer fans heading to more venues. That would be for premiership matches only though I’d imagine. I’m glad they’re looking at every option and hopefully they come up with something safe and workable.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52667320

This also hints at them not even talking about closed doors games for the leagues out with the premiership.

Post Edited (Thu 14 May 16:54)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 14 May 17:33

It won't be anytime soon but we'll definitely be playing football in the next two years

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 May 17:54

"There was an entire thread on the figure of 3400."

Apologies SP - the question could have been phrased more clearly.

I meant what is the criteria for setting the figure at 3,400 ?

Wasn't it based on Oz Par's 1/3 calculation - but what is there to supports that as being accurate or not ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 May 18:00

Yeah that number was worked out by OZ on the calculation of one seat would have 8 empty seats around it to create a box (so to speak).
My thought was that one seat isn't 2 meters so it would have to be 2 seats... Which would further reduce the number OZ worked it out to be.
Whether I'm right I've no idea... Was just looking at it from another angle.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 May 19:00

That’s the point, we have no clear formula for determining what is a notionally “safe” separation.

Your two seat suggestion significantly reduces Oz’s number crunching exercise.

What happens if somebody wants out for a piddle ? Are we into a climbing over seats routine to get unobstructed access along an empty row ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 May 19:17

We have a ban on piddling then.
I'm a problem solver 🤣

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 May 21:04

Sounds like a plan !!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Fri 15 May 16:22

Jings min, seriously who canny go for a piddle pre- kickoff and not last 2 hours before going again.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 15 May 17:28

Quote:

PARrot, Fri 15 May 16:22

Jings min, seriously who canny go for a piddle pre- kickoff and not last 2 hours before going again.

Probably those in the younger and older ends of our support.

There'll be plenty of people who, for whatever reason, need more regular toilet breaks.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 15 May 18:16

"Jings min, seriously who canny go for a piddle pre- kickoff and not last 2 hours before going again."

Not quite as simple as that though.

Some (not me) suggested that there could be up a two hour queue getting into the stadium.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net