DAFC.net
Home 26 November 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Real Kashmir
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 12 May 19:55

Just a reminder that the follow up to the very entertaining first program is on tonight at 10pm on bbc Scotland channel

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Real Kashmir
Date:   Tue 12 May 22:01

On now

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 May 22:11

Higgy’s been sent off in training by the gaffer 😀

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par4life  
Date:   Tue 12 May 23:01

What a great watch. Some great humour and culture.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Tue 12 May 23:20

Ya big nosed c*** Just as well it wasnae your nose he hit, the f***** Park would be flooded 🤣🤣🤣

Brilliant

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 13 May 09:19

My favourite line was when he phoned his wife after experiencing oxygen deprivation when walking at high altitude. 'Worst day of my life,' he says, 'and I've played at Albion Rovers'.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Wed 13 May 10:16

Enjoyed the programme but surely Robertson must know the way he is portrayed must be detrimental to his job prospects and he seems keen to get out of there.Seems like a decent family man to be fair but absolutely useless on the football front.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Wed 13 May 10:24

Enjoyed it. Higgy and Robertson were made for each other!
Interesting to hear Higgy say that the money he gets there is more than he's ever had in Scotland.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Wed 13 May 11:14

Why else would he be playing there lol.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars no1  
Date:   Wed 13 May 12:25

Topic Originator: parathletic like | nolike
Date: Wed 13 May 10:16

Enjoyed the programme but surely Robertson must know the way he is portrayed must be detrimental to his job prospects and he seems keen to get out of there.Seems like a decent family man to be fair but absolutely useless on the football front.

Hardly a fair comment. The club is on 4 or 5 years old and in the top flight in India. They went nearly 2 years without losing a game. To get players to come and play in a war ravaged part of the country must take some work. He has done a tremendous job in very stressfull and dangerous circumstances. Is his passion some would call it be any worse than most other managers? It clearly works. Will be interesting to see their progress once he does leave.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Wed 13 May 12:59

Its like watching Billy Connolly manage a football side.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Wed 13 May 13:05

He's definitely passionate and fair play to him for going that far to stay in football-obviously loves the game.He was shouting and swearing so much at one point that he muddled his words,lost track of what he was saying and gave up halfway through the sentence-amusing but not giving the impression of a decent manager.Not many concise instructions being offered. Also I can't see chairmen being interested on the back of comments like'break his ribs and legs on the pitch', telling players to f off on the training ground and throwing hissy fits all the time. Higgy was even trying to organise the colour of their training kit at one point :) Good TV nonetheless.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ft media  
Date:   Wed 13 May 19:33

'impression of a decent manager'

Do you think Fergie was sat on the touchline minding his Ps and Qs?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: arpar  
Date:   Wed 13 May 21:24

Remember it's edited that way also. There was tactic boards etc but that's not good tv for a 1 hour program. They were 2nd in the league when it stopped. I think he's done a brilliant job there under the circumstances.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Fri 15 May 10:56

enjoyable watch. Robertsons rant at the boys walking into the changing room was an exceptional melt down. Looks to have built a great bond with the owner.

One of the greatest things about football is seeing the world. and how despite beliefs, cultures etc the one thing bringing everyone together is the love of the game.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Fri 15 May 11:02

Robertson comes across as a raging lunatic whose heart is in the right place.

Fair play to him for taking the job - as I'm sure the first episode mentioned that he'd not p1$$ed his money away and was not needing to work - and for throwing himself in to it.

If the results remain positive, he might get a chance over here. It would likely be a bit of a wage cut though but, as alluded to, I think its ambition and a need for football in his life that motivates him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Fri 15 May 11:18

Has he not managed a club in scotland? Im not sure his style would work with our soft lads. Likable guy but a bit cringey.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 15 May 12:33

Four months at Montrose over 13 years ago apparently.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Fri 15 May 14:07

Robertson was a fantastic fullback, pretty under rated too given he was surrounded by a lot more fashionable and bigger names in that Rangers team. Had one of the best 'engines' and work ethics i've seen for a fullback and he was up and back down the park all day long.

He is no different from any other manager, just the world today is too guarded against stuff like this incase it portrays the club in a poor light. Think back to the documentary on Graham Taylor and the original one on Sunderland with Peter Reid when it was similar, proper no holds barred stuff with full access to the camera glue including the dressing room.

Robertson won't be any different to 90% of managers in the way he acts, behaves and the vocabulary he uses on the pitch and around the training etc.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 15 May 14:54

F@ck1n right ya CLINT.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Fri 15 May 16:24

"Robertson was a fantastic fullback, pretty under rated too given he was surrounded by a lot more fashionable and bigger names in that Rangers team"

and internationally we seemed to want to play left footed right back and right footed left back. Additionally he had a bit of a barney with Roxburgh/Brown about travelling with squad and not getting game time.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net