DAFC.net
Home 26 November 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Home and Away Pars Face-masks
Topic Originator: Underpars  
Date:   Thu 14 May 09:24

Another fund raiser could be for the club to sell (non-PPE type) face-masks to fans.

Given that it is now the Scottish Govt's advice to wear face masks when using public transport or when going to the supermarket there is a demand. And, when we eventually get the go-ahead to get back attending matches, we may be required to wear them anyway.

I'm sure that fans would pay a premium to help the club and we might just feel a little less self-conscious about putting a mask on because of the club association - which might even help control the disease in a small way!

It would not be that hard to find a supplier to manufacture them and we already have 2 great new designs to base them on.

What do you think, it might be a new fact of life that we all have masks in the house to out on so we may as well make them Pars Masks?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Home and Away Pars Face-masks
Topic Originator: Kaiser Chief  
Date:   Thu 14 May 09:33

A good idea Underpars and one that the PST and club are looking at. Just waiting on getting a couple of quotes in. Lead times are a bit of an issue as you might understand.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: firescot  
Date:   Thu 14 May 20:13

I’d buy a few of them, back to work in London in around two weeks and can’t avoid the underground.....

Dunfermline 6 Albion Rovers 0. On my birthday as well, thanks very much.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Underpars  
Date:   Fri 15 May 18:51

I see that the face-masks are now available in the club shop, they should sell in droves, I’ve got mine pre-ordered.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parplod  
Date:   Fri 15 May 18:54

Order placed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Fri 15 May 18:56

They can be used as eye masks once were allowed back to east end too!

Result!

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kaiser Chief  
Date:   Fri 15 May 21:11

Article on COWS...

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=DAFC_Face_Masks_-_Pre-Order_now&ID=11916
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Fri 15 May 21:46

Good Idea. The only thing I would disagree with is only 10% of profit going to NHS, I think all the profit should go to the NHS, would be good PR.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Thaipar  
Date:   Fri 15 May 23:19

I must admit I am saddened by these. I offered to get them made here at a cost of 75p each on a machine washable fabric which was waterproof too so no spittle can get in or out of the mask.
The 5000 would have taken 3 weeks to produce in black and white also an away in either red n white or maroon n white with the badge on.
Even selling 3 masks for 10.00 would have left a profit of 7.00.

8.99 for a mask, should be a requirement to wear a mask selling at that price.

Please don't book me Admin, it will ruin my life.

Post Edited (Fri 15 May 23:25)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: oapar  
Date:   Sat 16 May 12:00

Maybe because we are getting them produced nearer to home Thaipar to help our local economy. This would be good PR for our club too Par.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 16 May 13:04

I think all masks should be free. There are thousands of people who’ve lost their jobs because of the virus and the last thing they should be expected to pay for is something that could save their lives, and that of others.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 May 13:45

Quote:

buffy, Sat 16 May 13:04

I think all masks should be free. There are thousands of people who’ve lost their jobs because of the virus and the last thing they should be expected to pay for is something that could save their lives, and that of others.

That is how I got contact details for this manufacturer.
My wife works for the local government in the health department and her office( 3+ her) had to get masks made for every household in the province. 800,000 masks free to everyone courtesy of her office.

It's a costly item to produce as it is time consuming apparently on the sewing side of things.
PPE masks are still not available for general sale here apart from the black market where they sell for 10x the price.

I think a pound a mask is a fair price and I wouldn't expect the government to foot the bill in the UK.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sat 16 May 14:50

That seems a, very high price for the mask. Shame they didn't take Thai Par up on his offer.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 May 14:56

Quote:

dd23, Sat 16 May 14:50

That seems a, very high price for the mask. Shame they didn't take Thai Par up on his offer.

That's the thing. They were offering from kindergarten to xxl sizes so 5000 masks isn't a lot when selling 3 for 10gbp.

Not only that it opens More doors as they do polo shirts, jackets office wear, etc. Great opportunity missed.
Sometimes we need to look at the bigger picture. Invest 5000 now to make 10000 profit or go with OK buy 500 sell out and make a few pounds.

Post Edited (Sat 16 May 15:00)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 16 May 15:28

I actually agree with you TP.
Good grief, I’m clearly needing to sit doon.

Stay safe, take care.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 May 15:31

Away and bake a scone wummin.
😂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 16 May 15:37

I feel a bit uncomfortable about the club profiteering over these masks, as I said above I would feel more inclined to buy if all the profits were going to the NHS.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 16 May 15:44

These aren't PPE. They're merely face coverings so I don't see the issue. Price is steep but no more than most retailers are selling them. Simple thing to do is not buy them if you don't like them.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Sat 16 May 16:22

Quote:

Par, Sat 16 May 15:37

I feel a bit uncomfortable about the club profiteering over these masks, as I said above I would feel more inclined to buy if all the profits were going to the NHS.

The NHS shouldn't be a charity and I'm not sure at which point historically it started to become one. Every pound you give to them is just pound less the tories will invest in the future.
It's one great con.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sat 16 May 16:25

The NHS shouldn't be a charity and I'm not sure at which point historically it started to

become one. Every pound you give to them is just pound less the tories will invest in the future.
It's one great con.

Exactly. ^^^^
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net