DAFC.net
Home 04 June 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Premiership title - delayed
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 15 May 19:06

Decision on whether or not to give Celtic the title (therefore relegating Hearts) has been postponed. Disappointing.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Premiership title - delayed
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 15 May 19:44

No surprise really - any decision has to be ratified by the SPFL board in any case.

I've become rather sceptical (or maybe cynical) in my old age and I have a strong hunch that Therangers will take this to court as it sticks in their craw for obvious reasons.

There'll be some kind of fudge so that Celtic win the league but aren't declared champions......

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dinsdale  
Date:   Fri 15 May 21:32

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52667324
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Fri 15 May 23:19

Already been reported following last weeks spfl teams meeting that no team objected to Celtic being awarded the title including Rangers.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 16 May 07:16

''Already been reported following last weeks spfl teams meeting that no team objected to Celtic being awarded the title including Rangers.''

We'll all know soon enough then. The reason I'm not completely convinced just yet is because it's also been reported that Therangers are exploring the possibility of a legal challenge as their preferred option would be to ''null and void'' the season.

Of course this may turn out to be a complete fabrication by certain sections of the Press, or lawyers may advise the Ibrox club that there's little or no chance of winning such a case.......

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sat 16 May 08:11

Yep they said on the beeb this morning that it's a done deal but won't be announced til next week.
Celtic champs and Hearts relegated.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sat 16 May 11:08

The media are reporting it is on the agenda at the SPFL on Monday.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net