DAFC.net
Home 04 June 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Home games in Perth?
Topic Originator: Alf  
Date:   Sat 16 May 11:47

Scottish football's 13 potential hub venues and where YOUR club could be playing

https://t.co/iVZSRpjRwR https://t.co/kmqbdhB3gx
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Home games in Perth?
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Sat 16 May 11:56

Looks like the Fife clubs all have to go up to Perth, don't know the reason for that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Sat 16 May 12:01

It sounds like total horseshit to me, like much of what has appeared in that paper recently.

8 or 9 teams playing home games at the same ground, Ross County travelling well over 100 miles for home games and Stranraer playing in Dumfries? Don't see it. I'm really not sure what the objective would be anyway - what do you gain with this that you don't have by having each club play on it's normal home ground?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sat 16 May 12:17

How very strange.

I thought the whole point was to play multiple games at a major stadium.

Not one far smaller than East End Park.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 16 May 12:22

Quote:

neils, Sat 16 May 11:56

Looks like the Fife clubs all have to go up to Perth, don't know the reason for that.

Because decisions are made in Glasgow where anyone not from Glasgow is a teuchter and all teuchters are the same. I went to Uni with a Weegie who insisted that Dundee was in Fife.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 16 May 12:42

Quote:

jake89, Sat 16 May 12:22

Quote:

neils, Sat 16 May 11:56

Because decisions are made in Glasgow where anyone not from Glasgow is a teuchter and all teuchters are the same. I went to Uni with a Weegie who insisted that Dundee was in Fife.

Please tell me he wasn't studying Geography, Jake.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sat 16 May 12:42

Quote:

Sliema Par, Sat 16 May 12:17

How very strange.

I thought the whole point was to play multiple games at a major stadium.

Not one far smaller than East End Park.

Why would it matter given they are closed doors?

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 16 May 12:56

the size of the ground is totally irrelevant.

the only way i could see this maybe working is if it was the premier league only, a couple of games a day, same tv crew in attendance at a venue etc.
to try and get every league team involved i just cant see how it can be done
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sat 16 May 13:12

The argument for hubs is that you pick stadiums which are situated out of town, away from high population density.

There's also, I guess, some economies of scale if they plan on thoroughly scrubbing the place down between games.

Not 100% convinced I hasten to add.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we don't sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna score in every game 'til Christmas,
And every touch is goal la la la, it's goal la la la,
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 May 13:15

I didn't know him that well, GG. I think he was doing Sports Science or something. He also had this odd notion that Glasgow and Falkirk were "pals". TBH, I don't think he was the full shilling.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Sat 16 May 13:27

Link does not work

Post Edited (Sat 16 May 13:27)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mr Mac  
Date:   Sat 16 May 13:32

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Sat 16 May 13:12

The argument for hubs is that you pick stadiums which are situated out of town, away from high population density.

There's also, I guess, some economies of scale if they plan on thoroughly scrubbing the place down between games.

Not 100% convinced I hasten to add.

I'm guessing they will look to get the "foggers" in to decontaminate between games; quicker and more effective than simply scrubbing down (needs to be 'clean' of surface dirt first admittedly). The problem with this is reputable companies are run off their feet with hospitals, essential/ emergency service providers, transport operators, government offices etc.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 16 May 13:33

I have bad memories of our last "home" game in Perth!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 16 May 13:34

<<the only way i could see this maybe working is if it was the premier league only, a couple of games a day, same tv crew in attendance at a venue etc.
to try and get every league team involved i just cant see how it can be done>>

The simple solution would be to play the games seven days a week. Televise the main games, live stream the others.

The major operational concerns with multi-use of stadia would be pitch maintenance and dressing room/technical area cleanliness.

With live stream, there will be issues to resolve with Sky in respect to UK viewers.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 16 May 13:41

When I first arrived in Glasgow, a boy in my class at school said DUN-- FERMA---LEINE? where's that? But let's be fair, he hadn't heard of Perth either.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 May 14:05

They're a funny lot in Glasgow.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 16 May 14:36

McDiarmid Park chosen because it has convenient road connection off the motorway ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 May 14:47

McDiarmid Park might be one of the chosen grounds, but what's in that article is just speculation.

If hubs are intended to be in grounds away from residential areas, there aren't that many in Scotland that would achieve that. Falkirk, Inverness, and maybe Stirling Albion / East Fife are the only ones that come to mind, though McDiarmid might be an option since it allows the option to come straight in off the A9, even though it's close to residential areas.

Some of the grounds listed in that article surely have no chance though, if that is indeed what selection will be based on. Easter Road, Tynecastle, Hampden and Pittodrie would be about the worst possible places to hold games if you wanted to do so away from residential areas.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 16 May 14:51

That is probably the only reason, VEE. You certainly wouldn't pick it for its proximity to the railway station... I have walked it and it has got to be getting on for three miles.

:)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sat 16 May 14:59

Just for clarification Socks, I've not seen the article. I'm just speculating based on the method they were looking at for restarting the EPL.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we don't sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna score in every game 'til Christmas,
And every touch is goal la la la, it's goal la la la,
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 May 15:06

Your speculation is quite reasonable, though, like you, I'm not 100% convinced. Certainly more plausible than the Daily Record speculation, which the link at the top is trying to go to.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scottish-footballs-13-potential-hub-22036893
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 May 15:22

Why do we need two stadiums in Edinburgh for 4 clubs? Given the small crowds, surely Livi would be the more logical location? Easy access off the motorway and reasonably separate from residential properties. Both Tynecastle and Easter Road are in the middle of town and surrounded by tenements!

Why not use St Mirren Park for the Ayrshire teams?

I was joking before about Glaswegians not understanding there's a whole world outside Glasgow but these plans just look like someone's randomly named some stadiums.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Sat 16 May 15:24

Quote:

jake89, Sat 16 May 15:22

Why do we need two stadiums in Edinburgh for 4 clubs? Given the small crowds, surely Livi would be the more logical location? Easy access off the motorway and reasonably separate from residential properties. Both Tynecastle and Easter Road are in the middle of town and surrounded by tenements!

Why not use St Mirren Park for the Ayrshire teams?

I was joking before about Glaswegians not understanding there's a whole world outside Glasgow but these plans just look like someone's randomly named some stadiums.

They have. Whoever wrote the article made them up. The wording certainly points to that when it says “where might your club play?”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 May 15:39

Ah, so it's the fantasy world of the Daily Record?

I suppose the first question should be if these games are open or closed. If open, even partly open, then access to the stadium becomes a massive consideration. You'd probably want out of town stadiums with large car parks.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 16 May 15:58

What a lot of unsubstantiated drivel. Next....

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Sat 16 May 16:09

Quote:

jake89, Sat 16 May 15:39

Ah, so it's the fantasy world of the Daily Record?

I suppose the first question should be if these games are open or closed. If open, even partly open, then access to the stadium becomes a massive consideration. You'd probably want out of town stadiums with large car parks.

I should add that the hub idea has been talked about and came from the people charged with starting back but naming the stadiums and the teams that may play there is pure conjecture.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 16 May 20:45

I hope the hub stadia groundsmen are magicians.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sun 17 May 00:39

At our level there will be no outsourcing ,either normal rules or no football

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net