DAFC.net
Home 26 November 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Is something wrong at EEP?
Topic Originator: Thaipar  
Date:   Sat 16 May 15:50

Several months ago I proposed expats could donate money to buy pencils rulers etc or any other things that could be sold or given away to schools program etc. I said I would get all the stuff made DAFC branded using my own time and I also proposed to kick it off with 200.00 (give u an idea I gave 600 kids a pencil and eraser for 50.00 when I done teaching here), I said if expats buy all the stuff all DAFC need to do is pay import tax and vat.
I sent the proposal to Brian who forwarded it to Ross and here we are nowt, diddly squat, zilch, nada.
Maybe the club doesn't need expats money or indeed your money but it seems strange to throw all these opportunities away.

Please don't book me Admin, it will ruin my life.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Is something wrong at EEP?
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 16 May 15:53

It's a shame if these opportunities are being turned down. However, it could relate to an existing agreement with a merchandise supplier.

Really like the idea of a pencil and rubber for the kids. Maybe a wee Pars car sticker too. Could go in a car window or kids bedroom window.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Sat 16 May 15:55

I wouldn't take it personal TP - A lot has happened these last few months and a lot of fires need putting out I would assume.

All Pars fans appreciate the efforts of you, the expat family and indeed every Pars fan whom commits and contributes to our club no matter how big or small.

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 May 16:09

Quote:

DunfyDave, Sat 16 May 15:55

I wouldn't take it personal TP - A lot has happened these last few months and a lot of fires need putting out I would assume.

All Pars fans appreciate the efforts of you, the expat family and indeed every Pars fan whom commits and contributes to our club no matter how big or small.

When I say a few months ago am not talking since football was closed down. Probably about 7 or 8 months ago so nothing to do with season finished early etc. It bites and hurts that they didn't have the decency to say we don't need your generosity but just ignored it.
When I done the DAFC tops which raised money for the club and at the time I had sent Rross an email about tops I hadn't sold. As. It happened I had to come to Scotland as my mum was very sick. I brought the remaining tops in my suitcase and on the Friday I took them to the DAFC shop. There was 2 people in the shop 2 gents when I entered. I said who I was and I was going to leave the tops at the shop for Marvyn, now Marvyn. MEB and explained I emailed Ross but didn't get a response. At that 1 of the gents left the room. I seen a picture of him after, guess who?

Post Edited (Sat 16 May 16:12)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 May 16:18

Emailed to Brian 30/1218 hadn't realised it was that long back.
Brian are you able to differentiate between expats and UK subscribers to pars tv?

Looking to do a little project where expats can club together and get some pars stuff made and shipped over be it tshiets bibs mugs pencils or pens for school projects.

Preferably things the club can sell.

I will start the ball rolling with £200.00 let's see if any other expats are willing to help the club make a bit more money.

Think it's only fair if i/we pay manufacturing costs and shipping, Dafc pay vat and any other landing costs. Can you maybe run this by Ross and see how we can help.

Cheers

Craig

Post Edited (Sat 16 May 16:20)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Sat 16 May 17:30

Did they have emails back then

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sat 16 May 18:40

Quote:

dave67, Sat 16 May 17:30

Did they have emails back then

Aye, of course it was Alexander II that was in cherge in Dunfermline back in they days.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 May 20:13

The king sits in Dunfermline toune
strugglin' tae get his laptop online,
"O whar can I get reasonably priced merch,
Fur this club o' mine?"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Sat 16 May 20:48

Gehngis Kahn will take up the fight for you
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sat 16 May 21:03

Thai
Yes I recall your email, I did forward but never had time to follow up and people are busy, and I'm sure resources are an issue

I'm not sure the ins and outs of managing such a scheme but it sounds more on top of the limited resources the club has ?

Perhaps it needs someone to manage it as a sideline and setup an online shop ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sat 16 May 21:04

Quote:

1970par, Sat 16 May 20:48

Gehngis Kahn will take up the fight for you

If anyone can, Gehngis Kahn
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Sat 16 May 23:08

Is his neebur Atilla doing Rangers merch?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 May 23:36

Mock all you want but at the end of the day it id DAFC missing out on thousands of pounds in retail merchandise, all because they were to lazy to reply to an email.

As for resources at EEP Brian, if they can't accept a few boxes from a delivery company to put in the club shop then there lies the answer. Don't have any staff to run a shop because no free merchandise to sell.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sun 17 May 00:23

I've no idea what happened to your proposal, Thaipar. I wouldn't think it was actually rejected - I think if that had happened somebody would have been back in touch with you. Brian recalls forwarding it, but doesn't say to whom - maybe sending it to Ross or to Craig Brown in the first place might have been a better option.

You mention the schools programme - GG Riva is involved with that activity and may be able to say if your idea would work, or needs tweaking to be acceptable.

TBH I suspect your suggestion just got lost in all the other stuff that a handful of people at the club are trying to deal with in a part-time capacity along with doing their own work and also trying to keep their private lives together! I'm sure there are lots of suggestions and proposals that come into the club, and I've no doubt some good ideas will fall through the net.

My advice to someone who wants to do something to financially benefit the club is always just to get on with it, provided it's off the premises and isn't going to bring the club into any disrepute, or conflict with something the club is already doing. Don't expect much support or time from any of the directors or especially the few admin staff in the club, they are usually too busy (and nowadays staff might be furloughed anyway!) But just let them know what you're doing, so they can offer advice or warn you off.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters' Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 May 00:35

Stanza,
It was simply an idea that us expats to try to contribute something useful back to the club.
It would be nigh on impossible for us to see it through to the end as we are all overseas!!
The idea was to ship the stuff to the club, club could pay and VAT etc upon arrival and the contents could have been sold in the club shop/ given to the schools program etc.
Like i said it was an idea at the time as I remember GG saying about the initiative with the schools which got me thinking about the pencils, erasers etc.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Sun 17 May 00:56

the reason the club haven’t entertained your idea as good as it was is probably because the club already sells the very same thing in the club

https://dafcshop.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=733

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 May 01:19

Quote:

back oh the net, Sun 17 May 00:56

the reason the club haven’t entertained your idea as good as it was is probably because the club already sells the very same thing in the club

https://dafcshop.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=733

If you read the email again it says or whatever goods, to add and yes the club will be Buying these items currently to sell. These are gifts.

Post Edited (Sun 17 May 01:20)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 17 May 01:24

If your emails are as aggressive and confrontational as your posts quickly become on here it's no surprise they were never replied to. Turn it down a notch min

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 May 01:54

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 17 May 01:24

If your emails are as aggressive and confrontational as your posts quickly become on here it's no surprise they were never replied to. Turn it down a notch min

So you can't read the email I sent to Brian????

Dearie me no wonder folk get pissed off with trying to help the club.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Sun 17 May 03:28

Quote:

Thaipar, Sun 17 May 01:54

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 17 May 01:24

So you can't read the email I sent to Brian????

Dearie me no wonder folk get pissed off with trying to help the club.

You seem upset! You ok Hun? pm me?

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 May 03:47

Get upset reading crap folk post including yourself. Posting that the club sells merchandise which I had listed. So in your little world the club will only accept something for free only if they don't have that item already.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 17 May 07:07

Hi Thai, (tiddly Eytie, as my Geography teacher used to say to me.) I'm sorry to hear about your frustrating experience, when trying to help the Pars.

Let me say first of all that I think your idea is a good one and it would certainly be no problem for us to give away branded stationery to participating pupils during our school visits, whenever these might be able to re-start.

With regard to emails in general, I think they're a great means of communication but, speaking from experience, they can be very frustrating. I sent and received thousands as a Guidance teacher and used to get really hacked off when I didn't get a reply when one was asked for. I also remember opening incoming emails and thinking I'd get back to the sender asap, only for it to slip down and off the front page and then I'd forget about it. Every now and then, I'd trawl through my emails and eventually catch up with those I'd missed, but sometimes it would be too late to supply the information that had been asked for.

With regards to your email, I can't imagine anyone at the Pars deliberately sticking two fingers up to you and your generous offer and especially not Ross, who is so keen to promote the club as a focal point of the West Fife community. May I humbly suggest you contact him directly Ross@dafc.co.uk and I guarantee he will get back to you, no matter how busy he is. If I may say so, I don't think carrying out an investigation into what went wrong and who's at fault on a public forum, is helpful to anyone and I'm sure this isn't your intention.

On a side note, I don't know your mum but I hope she's fully recovered now. I do know your dad, haven't seen him for a while. Tell him I'm asking for him. Cheers.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sun 17 May 07:49

Thai
As a few people have suggested it's s good idea.
Hopefully a number of people can pick up and help.

Personally, I just don't have the time just now to help with it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 May 07:54

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 17 May 07:07

Hi Thai, (tiddly Eytie, as my Geography teacher used to say to me.) I'm sorry to hear about your frustrating experience, when trying to help the Pars.

Let me say first of all that I think your idea is a good one and it would certainly be no problem for us to give away branded stationery to participating pupils during our school visits, whenever these might be able to re-start.

With regard to emails in general, I think they're a great means of communication but, speaking from experience, they can be very frustrating. I sent and received thousands as a Guidance teacher and used to get really hacked off when I didn't get a reply when one was asked for. I also remember opening incoming emails and thinking I'd get back to the sender asap, only for it to slip down and off the front page and then I'd forget about it. Every now and then, I'd trawl through my emails and eventually catch up with those I'd missed, but sometimes it would be too late to supply the information that had been asked for.

With regards to your email, I can't imagine anyone at the Pars deliberately sticking two fingers up to you and your generous offer and especially not Ross, who is so keen to promote the club as a focal point of the West Fife community. May I humbly suggest you contact him directly Ross@dafc.co.uk and I guarantee he will get back to you, no matter how busy he is. If I may say so, I don't think carrying out an investigation into what went wrong and who's at fault on a public forum, is helpful to anyone and I'm sure this isn't your intention.

On a side note, I don't know your mum but I hope she's fully recovered now. I do know your dad, haven't seen him for a while. Tell him I'm asking for him. Cheers.

Cheers GG.
If mum has recovered it will be a miracle as we cremated her 5 days after I met you at the open day!!
She passed away on the Friday before open day. I am just about to phone my dad for our weekly catch up so will pass on your regards.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Sun 17 May 08:25

Maybe someone from the club did contact you and it ended up in your junk folder. And you missed it

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 May 08:29

Quote:

dave67, Sun 17 May 08:25

Maybe someone from the club did contact you and it ended up in your junk folder. And you missed it

Unlikely Dave as they were emailed by Brian!!!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Sun 17 May 08:33

Why don’t you email the club directly and cut out the middleman, I always find you will get a reply
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 May 09:36

As I suggested before, we may not be able to sell these due to existing merchandise contracts. However, it sounds like the idea of a promo giveaway as part of the school's programme could be a goer. I think this sounds like a great idea. The young kids in particular love getting pencils and things (it's why those effing gift shops at zoos are a nightmare!)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Sun 17 May 10:15

Better to take this back to where it belongs. Personal communications.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 17 May 10:48

I have very little time for anyone who accuses the people who run our club (who in the main do it for nothing) of being lazy.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Malcolm Canmore  
Date:   Sun 17 May 11:12

All staff have Ben furloughed since mid-March, so all sorts of things will probably be building up.

My dog eats meat
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net