DAFC.net
Home 04 June 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Premier League ended.
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Mon 18 May 12:21

Celtic champions, hearts relegated.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Premier League ended.
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Mon 18 May 12:28

That will upset a few people😀😀😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Mon 18 May 12:31

common sense prevailed...

...long overdue but welcome news.

hopefully now we can focus efforts on determining how football will start again in whatever shape or form that ends up like
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Mon 18 May 12:35

Does anyone think Celtic don't deserve to be champions?

I can't help but feel that had Aberdeen been ahead on goal difference at the shut-down then Rangers would have been declaring them as champions quicker than you can say "that stops 10 in a row".

Is there some sort of Duckworth-Lewis equivalent method?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Mon 18 May 13:19

no chance DBP, now its on to vote for reconstruction or we go to court say Hearts, is that a threat or bullying?

"We have stated from the outset that we don’t believe it is right that any club should be unfairly penalised because of the Covid-19 pandemic"

they are still trying to push that line out, the 3 league 1 clubs that will be "expelled" to the bottom tier don't count obviously. this "expelled" nonsense as well, embarrassing!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Mon 18 May 13:25

I'm no fan of one team romping to the Scottish title with tedius regularity, with all the diddy teams rolling over for them, when they can't hack it in Europe. However, the lack of humility and decorum of the other team in the equation, when they had in fact relinquished any hope of wresting the title from their clutches, with several poor performances in the new year, shows a distasteful, petty spirit, in light of the crisis playing out in the wider community.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Mon 18 May 13:44

Common sense prevails. Now lets look forward to next season .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 May 13:51

<<no chance DBP, now its on to vote for reconstruction or we go to court say Hearts, is that a threat or bullying?>>

eh, your joking GJS93!?!?!?

fair enough hearts can threaten ...but surely any talk of rushed/temporary reconstruction is dead and buried.

i'd say let hearts / anne budge lead on permanent reconstruction if she wants to... but it comes into effect after next season

...but we need to start focusing on how we can start up again, what that's going to look like, will it be closed doors, who's going to broadcast it, what will revenues be etc and not being kept in limbo because the tyncastle mob can't accept their league position and want to act the bully
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Mon 18 May 13:53

spfl statement claims it was "unanimous" and another hearts statement with threats. Not sure how you can vote for something (as implied by the SPFL statment) then try and take legal action. If you were not in agreement you would abstain/vote against it?

some clever lip service by Budge?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 May 13:55

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-1-2-3-4-5-6-7
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ghostrider  
Date:   Mon 18 May 14:00

I can't believe that once again they are talking about a Temporary reconstruction - going to 14,14,16.

So based on that in 2 years time to get back to present 12, 10, 10, 10:

1 team from Championship Promoted automatically to SPFL
1 team from 1st Div Promoted automatically to Championship

3 teams relegated automatically from SPFL
7 relegated automatically from Championship
12 relegated automatically from 1st (with 2 dropping back into HL/LL)

Never mind taking into effect the playoffs

All this ust to get back to what we have now, relegate 22 teams in 2 years time just so that 3 teams are not relegated now
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 May 14:09

"expel" not relegate ghostrider ;)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Mon 18 May 14:19

Partick and Stranraer should think themselves lucky they didn't get expelled from the league as well 😉
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ben,D.A  
Date:   Mon 18 May 14:20

Looks like the last dry shell of millet has fell for the Hearts, they should try the bottom of the cage where the scraps are fought over. Give up, accept and move on to planning next season.
I wonder which clubs Hearts will boycott next season.

only 11 make the team,the rest can just but dream.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 18 May 16:13

"spfl statement claims it was "unanimous" and another hearts statement with threats. Not sure how you can vote for something (as implied by the SPFL statment) then try and take legal action. If you were not in agreement you would abstain/vote against it?

some clever lip service by Budge?"

Hearts have no representation on the SPFL board - the three SPL clubs are Motherwell, Rangers and Hamilton.

However, if the unanimous claim is correct that begs questions of Rangers' position considering their recent posturing.

Something doesn't appear to add up.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 18 May 16:17

Rangers agreed following an amendment that states:

"As of 18 May 2020 all SPFL clubs will agree to consider the current Rangers FC to be the same Rangers FC who always existed. They will be viewed as the same club, with the same history and the same achievements. Clubs should refrain from mentioning them being tax dodging charlatans or make reference to how they died and the Pars survived."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 May 16:21

Ghost rider, you need to add more relegations than that...

You cant have a 14 team league (or 16 team league) and only promote 1 team.

The whole temporary reconstruction is a car crash, in ultra slow motion... Can't believe we're still even talking about this!

Post Edited (Mon 18 May 16:22)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 May 16:28

VEE this is statement i was referencing. Says consultation with all clubs and the board has determined the outcome.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/ladbrokes-premiership-and-spfl-season-201920-cur

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Mon 18 May 17:14

Typical of the world we live in where taking responsibility for your own actions is rare.
The way the club and the fans are behaving it suggests Hearts obviously were saving themselves up for a sprint finish and didnt try in the 30 games prior.

Hearts you were pi55-poor you are bottom of the league for a reason accept it and prepare for next season, fkn embarressing state of affairs that you want to drag out even more.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 18 May 17:17

PP - it says the SPL clubs met on Friday and were unanimous that the season could not be completed.

So today's SPFL decision was simply confirming that view.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 18 May 17:50

Quote:

McCaig`s Tower, Mon 18 May 12:35

Does anyone think Celtic don't deserve to be champions?

Have a wee squint on Follow Follow, MT. I haven't done so myself, but I'll bet there's plenty of outrage and condemnation of other Premiership clubs who showed no appetite for the null and void option.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 18 May 17:53

Quote:

Paralex, Mon 18 May 13:25

I'm no fan of one team romping to the Scottish title with tedius regularity, with all the diddy teams rolling over for them, when they can't hack it in Europe. However, the lack of humility and decorum of the other team in the equation, when they had in fact relinquished any hope of wresting the title from their clutches, with several poor performances in the new year, shows a distasteful, petty spirit, in light of the crisis playing out in the wider community.

My sentiments exactly, Paralex. You're from that neck of the woods yourself, so you'll be well aware that the bigoted hatred transcends everything, including a pandemic.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 May 18:01

and the latest clear case of corruption by the SPFL is the Scottish Cup will still be completed say the SFA....a different organisation!

Hearts going on about the cost of legal action outweighs relegation or whatever it was, what if they lose in court? can they afford to take that risk?

can a vote on reconstruction take place with that threat in the background too? I don't think it can.

Post Edited (Mon 18 May 19:21)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Mon 18 May 18:28

My favourite fact in all of this is that St Johnstone have finished top six, without occupying any of the top six places all season
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Tue 19 May 08:16

“with all the diddy teams rolling over for them”

Do diddy teams roll over for them? Did Pars roll over and Sutton was right?

I thought it was something to do with one club having massive resources that are greater than most clubs combined sweeping aside weaker opposition 🤷🏻‍♂️

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net