DAFC.net
Home 20 September 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 No Fans, No income, Here’s a solution!
Topic Originator: DRreturns  
Date:   Thu 21 May 15:03

Most if not all professional football clubs in Scotland have an online channel that produces game highlights or live matches for people abroad. Why not have games streamed online for 3pm Saturday kick offs?

I know the television rights stop this but its about saving the clubs and ultimately keeping people employed!

We already have the expertise, equipment and facilities to do this!

I for one would be happy to pay, say £15 to watch a live stream from home!

What’s everyone’s thoughts?

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: No Fans, No income, Here’s a solution!
Topic Originator: storminNorman  
Date:   Thu 21 May 15:12

you might pay but if say five friends normally attend together only one will purchase and the rest head round and watch and have a few beers,so income stream drops considerably.
don't play behind closed doors it would be the final nail in for many skint clubs.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DRreturns  
Date:   Thu 21 May 15:36

That was something we’ve spoken about.

The current ParsTV offers a payment option of certain amounts which could be applied to this. I think most people would opt for a higher amount if others were watching from the same account.

Games behind closed doors will only be a nail in the coffin if there’s no other income stream generated. Live streams will only contribute positively, no income at all would be the final nail in the coffin!

Great to see your positivity.......

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Thu 21 May 15:57

If games are played behind closed doors for the foreseeable and clubs are allowed to broadcast live through their own streaming service, then fans should be encouraged to pay the same price you would at a football match for who is all in the room. We all know there are thousands of armchair Pars fans that would take advantage of their family or friends paying, but they should be getting told to chip in to ensure the club are getting the money. It's the club that would ultimately lose out.

I can't see it happening though. The vast majority of football clubs absolutely NEED there to be fan participation on match day. It's not just the gate tickets; it's the pie stalls, the programmes, the club shops etc all contribute to earnings. Scottish football can't survive without fans going to the games.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 21 May 17:54

How would this work with existing TV deals?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Thu 21 May 18:26

This was covered on DAFC.net in March.

There is no longer any reason why Pars TV cannot cover Dunfermline games live Home or Away if the Football Authorities agree to closed doors matches.

If there are closed doors matches, away fans, who travel a long distance to a Match at East End, might be more than willing to pay to watch their club eg on the IPad.

By the same token, we could watch a Pars match at any away venue.

It could help tide the club over till fans can attend again.

Season Ticket holders would,presumably, view at a reduced rate.

Neil Doncaster has spoken today about Closed Doors matches commencing in September.

"Scotland Tonight" is on STV at 730pm with the SFA's Ian Maxwell.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Thu 21 May 20:27

I really fear for the future of our club, plus many other clubs. The English TV companies are talking about closed door games being shown live on TV. Unfortunately it is their premiership that they are meaning not the other leagues, indeed most of their commentators wouldn't know where teams like Port Vale play, remember many years ago the commentator talking about dancing in the streets of Raith. Clubs like ours and most of our peers will get no mention and no income. Paying for a season ticket to watch our games on cctv is on option but how much would it generate. I hope that we will be able to be at live games but for that to happen the world needs a vaccine or rapid check testing at the very least.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Thu 21 May 20:52

Technically ParsTV can stream matches for a high number of viewers

I believe it could be a sensible option to generate revenue thought not to same level as a home game but under circumstances a possible option.

We would need to do more to prevent pirate streams though 🤔

Form Table: https://DAFC.co.uk/league
https://2mx.co.uk
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Thu 21 May 21:17

I believe this talk of a season down lockdown is exaggerated.
It might be three months up until the end of the year presuming the season starts later as expected it now will but unless there is a re-emergence of the virus come the winter, I think we will be more or less over it by then and probably much earlier.

The Live TV thing is looking likely to be the best option for the closed doors part of next season and as was said, there is unlikely to be any legal restrictions as clubs struggle to survive.

We are looking at huge wage cuts for at least the short term as TV revenue simply won't cover the monthly bills for most clubs.
If the Pars, say had every game live, the people paying, I'd estimate would be less than a thousand as noted elsewhere as fans would just group together to watch.

On top of that, it isn't a great spectacle watching matches with no fans anyway as we've seen over the weekend in Germany even though BVB won handsomely against the Scheisse 04.
These numbers would dwindle as the weeks go on so I'd suggest a really good deal to buy a temporary season ticket for Pars TV for whatever period it lasts with a top up fee for single matches only for the ones that will pick and choose.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 21 May 22:14

A number of fans are arguing that, if and when Pars TV is showing Pars matches live on the IPad and Computer,this will be undermined by groups of friends altogether watching on one screen.

The problem with that argument is that we cannot congregate with friends indoors until Phase 3 of today's Scottish Government road map and that could be four months away.

In any case, who wants to share one small screen?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Thu 21 May 22:30

Quote:

Sliema Par, Thu 21 May 22:14

A number of fans are arguing that, if and when Pars TV is showing Pars matches live on the IPad and Computer,this will be undermined by groups of friends altogether watching on one screen.

The problem with that argument is that we cannot congregate with friends indoors until Phase 3 of today's Scottish Government road map and that could be four months away.

In any case, who wants to share one small screen?

Not a good argument as, i fully expect by the season start, let's say September, that the public can integrate once more in small groups.
This is only May remember.
Secondly, even bypassing that, families go to matches together, so again, only one house paying for several watching.
Thirdly, lots of ways to put a game on your TV via a laptop and HTMI cable as I do with SkyGo for example so people will watch together.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte

Post Edited (Thu 21 May 22:32)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 21 May 22:34

I'd add that people like myself who struggle to attend games due to childcare commitments would sign up to watch the Pars. Yes, I'd be watching with others (mainly No.1 son who I'm determined to get to like football) but it'd be money the club wouldn't normally get. Support it with some advertising too.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Fri 22 May 06:39

Unfortunately as a economic model it would be best just to cancel next season! Make all players redundant and mothball the ground.

Our Fuhrer won’t allow a restart before Xmas, then demanding testing, the BBC are quotes this at £4.5k a week. I can’t see how you could recoup these kind of costs.

Enough fans will buy merchandise etc to keep the stadium ticking over.

Personally I think we should just start next season as normal, definitely less cases now than when we were last told it was ok to have mass gatherings!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 22 May 07:05

And what was the outcome of having those mass gatherings?

There's battle lines being drawn Nobody's right if everybody is wrong.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Fri 22 May 07:20

Quote:

brian, Thu 21 May 20:52

I believe it could be a sensible option to generate revenue thought not to same level as a home game but under circumstances a possible option.

If the premiership in England can't stop it I'd not even bother trying.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Fri 22 May 08:07

Quote:

BigJPar, Fri 22 May 07:20

Quote:

brian, Thu 21 May 20:52

If the premiership in England can't stop it I'd not even bother trying.

The Premier league in England still make enough money that it won’t have as big an impact on them as it would Parstv. I still find it surprising that there are people who are against stealing but think it’s ok to watch something for free that other people have paid for on one of these jaikey streams. I think Brian will be well aware of the amount of people that would watch “for free” as opposed to paying customers if behind closed doors games were to be streamed live.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 22 May 08:19

Isn't it also harder to stop it in big leagues because it has so many subscribers that the illegal streamers have more options as to what live feed they use?

There's battle lines being drawn Nobody's right if everybody is wrong.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: storminNorman  
Date:   Fri 22 May 12:14

trying to stop pirate streams of any tv/film or sporting event that has an initial cost is probably like stopping an incoming tsunami,impossible.
its already possible to get all most all Scottish tv streams through illegal IPTV suppliers and Pars tv is one of them as brian will be more than aware.
the two new suppliers Disney and Apple tv are so easily accessible even through a basic fire stick that if two massive suppliers like them can stop it how can any club in Scotland?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Luxembourg Par  
Date:   Fri 22 May 12:57

The Premiership can't stop piracy, bcs there are umpteen TV channels worldwide showing live by satellite - easy as pie to capture and stream.

ParsTV is a different beast, the quality of the internet stream is significantly lower than satellite TV, and any piracy will be
1. a re-stream or capture of the initial stream = crap quality
2. highly unlikely to be of sufficient interest worldwide to get pirates making the effort.

Yes, of course there people who will watch an iphone facetime capture of a computer screen as long as it's free - but these numpties would never buy the match in the first place.

I suspect that a lot of Pars fans would watch, currently under UEFA Art. 42, UK transmission is blocked for 3pm Saturday matches - removing this would allow many who normally couldn't get to the game to watch, in addition to the regular attendees.

Not only that, majority of Pars fans would want their money going to the club.
- We are not Sevco fans, who will sit tight and expect someone else to pay for our club...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Fri 22 May 13:58

we use a company called Dacast as the Conetnt Delivery Network, it allows us to setup what and where the devices stream to. We managed to stop Israeli pirates as they had to purchase the stream to be able to re-broadcast. So at least we got some money. ;o)
not ideal though.

As far as I know we had stopped them for the last few months (even if you saw it listed on a Kodi box). But they can easily change account and paypal to get a copy of the stream

Form Table: https://DAFC.co.uk/league
https://2mx.co.uk
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Fri 22 May 13:59

How much proper supporters will actually not pay though I don't think there would be that much.

c'mon the pars

Post Edited (Fri 22 May 14:02)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 23 May 12:54

McArthur has said behind closed doors isn't viable for us but if as the Sun hints at a staged return is possible with behind closed doors first...

"One way round the issue could be for the SPFL to install pixellot cameras in championship grounds, allowing clubs to stream matches live to both season ticket holders and away fans until supporters are allowed back into stadiums"

all hypothetical but could the club/ParsTV use this system longer term if that happened?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sat 23 May 13:13

If they expect weans to go back to school in August, which is thousands of people (more so in high schools), all huddled together, what difference is there between that and allowing fans to games with strict measures? Ie plastic screens on stalls, social distancing measures, police and stewards making sure this is adhered to, hand wash upon entry etc.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 23 May 13:14

Quote:

Row_ZZ, Sat 23 May 13:13

If they expect weans to go back to school in August, which is thousands of people (more so in high schools), all huddled together, what difference is there between that and allowing fans to games with strict measures? Ie plastic screens on stalls, social distancing measures, police and stewards making sure this is adhered to, hand wash upon entry etc.

Over to you, VEE

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sat 23 May 13:43

School kids are only going back part-time combined with home learning unless I'm mistaken?Talk of staggered start and finish times too.Also most reports suggest children are far less susceptible to Covid.

Some may even argue that education is more important than attending the football :) It will also allow parents to return to work.

Pointless spending thousands a week on testing players and staff and then letting a crowd in-unfortunately.The ball would need disinfected every 2 mins when it went into the crowd. I'm sure practical solutions are continuously being looked at.

We live in hope for a vaccine.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sat 23 May 14:07

As some on this forum have problems with allocated seating I wish stewards the best of luck!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sat 23 May 16:03

The school opening argument is an interesting one as none of the private schools are being forced to open 🤔

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 23 May 16:27

"Over to you, VEE"

For a start - the "all huddled together" comment is absolute nonsense, that is never going to happen in prevailing circumstances.

Might be educational (no pun intended) to go and study the revised practices schools have been obliged to introduce since normal working procedures had to be abandoned.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sat 23 May 16:40

I'll be interested to see how a bunch of P1s manage with social distancing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 23 May 17:05

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Sat 23 May 16:40

I'll be interested to see how a bunch of P1s manage with social distancing.

Aye, you have to wonder at the logic of those who have proposed that schools in England should re-open with Years 1 and 6, not to mention nurseries.

Baffling.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 23 May 17:17

Quote:

veteraneastender, Sat 23 May 16:27

"Over to you, VEE"

For a start - the "all huddled together" comment is absolute nonsense, that is never going to happen in prevailing circumstances.

Might be educational (no pun intended) to go and study the revised practices schools have been obliged to introduce since normal working procedures had to be abandoned.

I was only winding you up pal. Sorry!

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 May 17:23

At lease we'll have the opportunity to observe what transpires down south before our schools go back.

It appears many parents are unwilling to allow their kids back to school in England - as things stand, and several local authorities are reluctant to re-open establishments.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 May 17:39

"I was only winding you up pal. Sorry!"

No worries.

We have been following developments - and it's not going to be schools as we knew them.

For example classrooms with fewer desks to allow kids to be kept separated, class sizes reduced and split over two rooms.

Year groups divided into separate morning and afternoon sittings with distance learning at home to fill in the time lost in school.

Staggered breaks and lunch arraangements - challenges with toilets and changing rooms, staffroom and social area management etc. etc.

Challenges facing practical subjects like PE, Technical Education and Sciences where pupils and staff can normally come into close contact.

Then there's transport to and from school and the use of family to childmind when parents can't. Grandparents are the main cohort there - and many of them are identified (rightly or wrongly) as vulnerable.

Glad to be out of it as a teacher - what says you GG ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 May 11:11

There is another option which is taking legs.

The SNP Government have been polling support for a Universal Basic Income in time for the Scottish Elections in May 2021.

It has support from the Lib Dems,the Greens and some Labour Councillors.

Essentially seen as a bid to help eradicate poverty, it suggests every adult being given £2400 pa and every child £1500 pa.

It is NOT affected by your other income.

What has changed is that there are demands now for an emergency handout during the pandemic crisis.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net