DAFC.net
Home 21 September 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Mcarthur on Nisbet
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Wed 10 Jun 23:08

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/1366616/dundee-united-neilson-dunfermline-kevin-nisbet/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Some interesting comments by the chairman including both United and Hibs have the magic number if they want to buy but we dont need to sell.

Posted in here in case missed in Nisbet thread.

C'mon Ye Pars!

Post Edited (Wed 10 Jun 23:09)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Mcarthur on Nisbet
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 11 Jun 08:05

Didn't the club record a £700,000 loss in its most recent audit returns ?

The "don't need to sell" bit sounds questionable especially in light of the ongoing financial meltdown.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Thu 11 Jun 08:15

The £700k was due to fairly exceptional circumstances and the cost base has been cut.

Regardless, it's not a great opening gambit to proclaim that we are desperate to sell. Doesn't really set the tone for playing hardball.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Thu 11 Jun 10:24

Good on MacArthur for calling out Neilson and also for highlighting that we won't accept a cut price offer.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Thu 11 Jun 10:46

£500k-£1 million from Hibs would probably do it. £10 million from Dundee United and maybe we'll think about it 🤣 Under Neilson Dundee United are just a really poor club in terms of how they handle transfer speculation. As Ross rightly points out, he's our player and if you want him contact the club and put in a reasonable offer in private, resorting to talking about him in the media shows a lack of class.

It would be great to see us sell a player for a good sum of money, usually we've lost players in the past of a good calibre on a free or cut price due to our finances.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par_33  
Date:   Thu 11 Jun 11:55

So I heard we rejected 450k + 150k add-ons from Hibs in January..so surely our price is 750k+?

Graeme Mathie get Flo Kamberi punted and sign oor Kevin.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Thu 11 Jun 12:02

He had a longer contract then... And we weren't in the position we now find ourselves in ref covid-19.
I think it's safe to say the bids will be lower than they were... Or am I wrong?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Thu 11 Jun 12:17

Honestly well done Ross for sticking 2 fingers up to Utd. Was told weeks ago from a good source that the club won't sell if valuation is not met. The player will stay and see contract out. Show Ross the money UTD......
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Thaipar  
Date:   Thu 11 Jun 12:40

Quote:

Bannockburn Par, Thu 11 Jun 12:17

Honestly well done Ross for sticking 2 fingers up to Utd. Was told weeks ago from a good source that the club won't sell if valuation is not met. The player will stay and see contract out. Show Ross the money UTD......

And that would be just plain stupid.

Please don't book me Admin, it will ruin my life.

Post Edited (Thu 11 Jun 12:41)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Thu 11 Jun 12:45

If the valuation is met, then he’s offski.

How is that stupid? 😂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Thu 11 Jun 13:19

Quote:

Bannockburn Par, Thu 11 Jun 12:17

I think we know he won't see his contract out but Ross is cleverly putting him back in the shop window and hopefully open it up by more clubs than Hibs or Utd to start a bidding war.
Widtink is right in that his valuation lessens the shorter his contract is but I'd be furious if we let yet another player go for peanuts.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Jun 13:22

Quote:

rossmcno1, Thu 11 Jun 12:45

If the valuation is met, then he’s offski.

How is that stupid? 😂

If the valuation isn't met?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Thu 11 Jun 13:25

Then he stays...?

So unless you’re saying we should sell at any cost?

Or I’m picking this up wrong - surely the valuation (as always) moves With time and circumstance? But if they come in with say £100k then it’s pointless as it would cost us that (maybe more) to get a lesser but competent replacement.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Jun 13:46

And he goes in January for free on a pre contract. Great business.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 11 Jun 13:54

Nisbet talks about playing in the Premiership but would he turn down a move south if it came up? Everyone seems to be assuming only Hibs and Dundee United will be interested.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 11 Jun 14:00

The usuals getting in an absolute state about something the club hasn't done yet and probably aren't even contemplating doing. Of course he'll be sold this summer but it'll be for a fee that suits us and thats worth waiting on.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Thu 11 Jun 14:05

"And he goes in January for free on a pre contract. Great business"

no he wouldn't, that club would still have to pay a fee to get him in January.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Jun 14:11

Quote:

GJS93, Thu 11 Jun 14:05

Since when did clubs start paying to sign someone on a pre contract?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Thu 11 Jun 14:37

Perhaps he will go to Hearts.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Jun 14:46

"The £700k was due to fairly exceptional circumstances and the cost base has been cut."

Might not ongoing circumstances qualify for exceptional status ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Thu 11 Jun 15:46

"Quote:

GJS93, Thu 11 Jun 14:05

Since when did clubs start paying to sign someone on a pre contract?"

For him to go in January it there would need to be a fee. If it was a pre-contract he wouldn't go till the summer, but it would be for free.

Personally I think RM is taking the right approach, if the offer doesn't meet our value, he stays rather than a poor £100k or something. His goals next season could well be worth more than £100k, if we finish in the play-offs etc... Which would be more likely with him than without.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Jun 16:41

Don’t United have an American backer to bankroll their return to the top tier ?

They appear to be determined not to make up the numbers in the SPL next season and scramble around the relegation zone with the usual suspects.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Thu 11 Jun 16:57

It's a tricky one but if he's as good as we all believe him to be then £100k plus a 20% sell on clause might be better than £350k now especially if he moved down south. Whether or not the board could afford to play a long game with some risk is a different matter.

The risk there is that he moves after the transfer under freedom of contract then 20% of nothing is nothing.

We aren't going to be playing football for a couple of months yet so unless a club is desperate to get a striker in now (which wouldn't seem to make sense at the moment) then he's going to be another 2 months closer to the end of his contract so his transfer value is only going to decrease unless he signs a new deal which wouldn't make sense from his perspective.

We might well end up keeping him until the end of next season in the hope that his goals are worth more than any transfer fee on offer.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Thu 11 Jun 17:12

Was there not a player a few years ago signed a deal with his current club for the percentage of the transfer fee?

c'mon the pars

Post Edited (Thu 11 Jun 17:13)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Jun 20:38

Certainly exists in Football Manager!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Fri 12 Jun 02:06

Very rare in Europe, especially the UK. Its a much more common thing in South American transfers though
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: petrie_pants  
Date:   Fri 12 Jun 07:40

He'll leave and, let's be honest, deserves a crack at the premiership. For us it's now about accepting the right offer at the right time and I'm pretty confident our board will do that. High six figures and a sell on clause in the contract then it has been good business.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Fri 12 Jun 07:42

Nisbet will go in the summer, club just need to ensure we don’t sell on the cheap. I think around 400-500k with add ins and he will be gone.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: chewie  
Date:   Fri 12 Jun 10:15

The chairman is playing it right. It's still a win-win. Meet our valuation, we make money. If it's not met, he stays. If re-construction happens, our aim must be to win the league, his goals would improve us and help him get a decent move. I'd be happy to see him leave for nothing if we had a title in the bag.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Jun 10:27

Quote:

chewie, Fri 12 Jun 10:15

The chairman is playing it right. It's still a win-win. Meet our valuation, we make money. If it's not met, he stays. If re-construction happens, our aim must be to win the league, his goals would improve us and help him get a decent move. I'd be happy to see him leave for nothing if we had a title in the bag.

Jesus wept.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Fri 12 Jun 10:37

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/1367501/dunfermline-paul-paton-forced-sell-dundee-united-kevin-nisbet-cheap/
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Jun 10:52

Who to believe? Our chairman or a player who's been interviewed 3 times now after being dumped.

The Courier is a terrible Dundee-biased rag.

Post Edited (Fri 12 Jun 10:52)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 12 Jun 11:30

" I don't think they can afford to keep him if they are struggling as badly as they say they are"

Paul Paton has now gone down in my estimation, where does he get that from?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Jun 11:38

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Fri 12 Jun 11:30

" I don't think they can afford to keep him if they are struggling as badly as they say they are"

Paul Paton has now gone down in my estimation, where does he get that from?

It's obvious. In his eyes, and many others, we shat on him from a great height. So money can be the only reason. He had his limitations but I quite liked him. Not now. He's now, officially, a bitter wee scrote

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Fri 12 Jun 12:21

Am I missing something here? Don't see anything wrong with the comments, just stating the obvious, Must be something I'm missing but I see nothing disrespectful.

Personally I have little to say, I think our chairman pretty much nailed it, it's the truth!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 12 Jun 12:23

We never had any intentions of keeping him. He was signed as an investment.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Fri 12 Jun 12:31

Not sure what people are getting upset about - seems to me pretty realistic comments from both Paton and our chairman - he doesn’t come across as bitter to me.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Jun 12:37

Yeah fair enough - having read his interview again it doesn't seem to bad.

However, are we going to get Paul Patons' views on everything DAFC related from now until he gets another club?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 12 Jun 12:57

He's got a point but not a very good one. Letting off players is like reducing your food shopping bill or deciding to wash your own windows. What he's talking about is selling your whole house for below market value to increase your income. Selling saleable assets for below market value wouldn't get you far in business!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: storminNorman  
Date:   Fri 12 Jun 13:44

as he was on the inside at EEP over the last few months and most of us on .net were not its safe to think he has heard from those within about the clubs financial woes.so he is probably not far off the mark with his comments and to be fair nothing to get all upset over.as for RM he is playing the game his comments are obviously aimed at forcing other clubs to show their interest but his comment regarding the club not needing to sell have to be taken with a pinch of salt as a few hundred thousand goes a long way to building a squad in what will be a different Championship season coming up.
RM will sell but for how much is the question.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Fri 12 Jun 14:22

To put an end to all the hearsay and guessing i can reveal that the amount Nisbet will be sold for is - "Undisclosed fee" hth.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Fri 12 Jun 14:41

The Courier is not a rag, it's a decent local paper. There is absolutely nothing derogatory or wrong in the slightest with Paton's comments. Typical football fans getting wound up about nothing.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Jun 15:09

It's utterly biased towards the Dundee teams. You'd have to be blind not to see it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mon-pa  
Date:   Fri 12 Jun 15:49

we appear to be acting as a feeder club to the arabs.....

ARTY
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Fri 12 Jun 15:54

They hoover up our out of contract players, but to be honest in my opinion none were anywhere near Premiership standard.

Nisbet is a completely different standard to Clark, Aird, McMullen etc. Hence a fee.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Jun 16:11

The Courier is a woeful paper. Can tell it's written for a particular audience.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Jun 16:15

To be fair the sports sections in local papers are almost always biased towards any local clubs. The main time they tend not to be is if there is a personal fall out between writers and/or editors and someone at the club.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Fri 12 Jun 16:24

"RM will sell it for how much" not necessarily ,if a club only offer 50k thinking they can get him for nothing in January,RM may decide to keep him for the season to try to get in the playoffs .
The alternative would be take the money but who will be as good a replacement?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KnebworthPar  
Date:   Fri 12 Jun 16:57

Personally I’m really looking forward to seeing how Nisbet’s career progresses. I have faith in our Chairman that we’ll get the best deal available. Nisbet, let’s hope, is a real example of the club I feel we should be. A breeding ground and shop window for talent. Play well, get better, move on to bigger and better things.

With a Gluck there’s been some English scouts watching him and a decent sized club willing to take a punt. If he goes to Utd or Hibs or any other club in Scotland then fair enough, hopefully we have a sell on clause and he uses them again as a stepping stone.

He’s been here a year, done a great job, seems a decent lad and frankly we should all be celebrating that we and he enjoyed his football. He’s a Par.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Jun 17:02

Would love the guy to make a real success of things down south. No offence the Scottish Premiership but it doesn't exactly set the heather alight. Dundee Utd will be middle of the road as will Hibs. It'll be the usual affair of Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen and maybe some fight from the middle pack. Dog fight at the bottom involving Hamilton, St Johnstone and Hearts if they manage to bribe their way to stay.

Nisbet could be a future Scotland star alongside Shankland if they both keep progressing how they have.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 13 Jun 12:40

Quote:

da_no_1, Fri 12 Jun 15:09

It's utterly biased towards the Dundee teams. You'd have to be blind not to see it.

Do you think that might be because it is a Dundee paper. It is popular further afield too, because it is a decent paper. How many other local papers are sold so far afield in similar numbers?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sat 13 Jun 12:52

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/1371371/exclusive-portsmouth-dundee-united-rivals-kevin-nisbet-tangerines-table-first-bid/

Linked with Portsmouth now too.Hopefully it will encourage a bidding war but ultimately it depends on where he wants to play as well.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Jun 12:56

Quote:

parathletic, Sat 13 Jun 12:52

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/1371371/exclusive-portsmouth-dundee-united-rivals-kevin-nisbet-tangerines-table-first-bid/

Linked with Portsmouth now too.Hopefully it will encourage a bidding war but ultimately it depends on where he wants to play as well.

With his aspirations he want to be on the biggest stage. Making a name for yourself in the English leagues will do his chances of playing for Scotland no harm.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sat 13 Jun 13:17

Portsmouth still don't know which league they'll be playing in next season so don't know what their budget for players is yet.
Apparently they bid for him the last time and their bid was "much" more than Hibs or Utd bid.
But that was before this virus malarkey and its entirely possible that funds won't be as forthcoming now.
(from my nephew... A lifelong Pompey fan)

Post Edited (Sat 13 Jun 13:32)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Jun 13:18

Quote:

PARrot, Sat 13 Jun 12:40

Quote:

da_no_1, Fri 12 Jun 15:09

Do you think that might be because it is a Dundee paper. It is popular further afield too, because it is a decent paper. How many other local papers are sold so far afield in similar numbers?

Obviously! I'm not questioning why its biased. I'm pointing out that its virtually a matchday programme for both Dundee teams. The match reports are a running joke with me and my dad!

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net