DAFC.net
Home 21 September 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Current Pars squad?
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Tue 16 Jun 13:39

How many contracted players in total do we have in the Pars squad today, including youngsters? Can somebody put up a list?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Current Pars squad?
Topic Originator: bencrawfordd  
Date:   Tue 16 Jun 13:45

Cammy Gill (2021)
Ben Swinton (2021)

Lewis Martin (2021)
Tom Lang (2021 - option to extend +1 year)
Euan Murray (2021)
Thomas Bragg (2021)
Aaron Comrie (2021)
Matthew Bowman (2021)
Josh Edwards (2021)

Kyle Turner (2021)
Matty Todd (2021)
Lucas Berry (2021)

Ryan Dow (2021)
Kevin Nisbet (2021)
Lewis McCann (2020)
Gabby McGill (2021)

Pars Review: http://www.parsreview.org
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1BVIChsK6v-iTyJnKNf7Eg
Pars Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thedunfermlineway/
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 16 Jun 14:01

Lewis McCann (2020)? Has he been offered an extension?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Tue 16 Jun 14:03

Lewis McCann has a contract until 2022 for us, as do Matty Todd and Paul Allan

Post Edited (Tue 16 Jun 14:05)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Jun 14:23

Thanks Ben.

Well, I think we can assume Kevin Nisbet will be gone, so we will be needing to bring in a few players just to have a workable side.

But judging by the level of departures elsewhere in the Championship, we are by no means the worst off.

Looking at that squad, and guessing that the plan will be to keep it as small as practicable, we will be needing a more experienced goalie. I would be content if we got Owain back, to be honest.

A back four of Comrie, Murray, Martin and Edwards would probably be the strongest from who we currently have, but we could do with at least one other central defender. We are lucky to have Martin able to slot in anywhere at the back and what little we saw of Tom Lang last season there is the suspicion that there is a reasonable player in there somewhere.

Midfield is practically empty. Turner would be the first pick at the moment. We probably need at least two more there. Dow is a certainty for the right flank, but I don't like McCann on the left. We need someone else there.

Up front, I would like McCann to get his chance upfront, and this is a chance he just has to take. Gabby McGill has yet to make an impression as far as I can see. Another one who has got to prove to everyone he can do it. Nisbet has been a good role model for these guys. Let's hope they have learned from him.

Replacing Nisbet is going to be a huge challenge. Look down the leagues at the top goalscorers and you will see several guys getting on in age and two or three of the younger prospects have already been snapped up. So it is going to be hard to find another Kevin Nisbet.

Of those left, one who might be worth looking at is Salim Kouider-Aissa at Queens Park. He's 24, is of Algerian descent but has a broad Scottish accent. He scored an impressive 41 goals in two seasons for Kilsyth Rangers before moving to Hampden last season where he scored 13 goals in 28 matches.

Here's a video of his goals...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaYDQLS53v0

Could be an option, but then again I'm sure Stevie has already got his targets in mind and usually he springs a surprise or two.

Post Edited (Tue 16 Jun 14:57)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Tue 16 Jun 14:24

We definitely have a decent squad to get on with there.

Now it depends on what our income will be for the coming season, but shouldn't take too much to have a team that can push on.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jock-par  
Date:   Tue 16 Jun 15:53

The boy at Queens Park could be a shout. Good numbers and still relatively young

We are Dunfermline, we're on our way back!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Tue 16 Jun 16:45

Looking at our team I'd be happy with fielding 

Comrie-Murray-Lang-Martin

Dow-? -Turner-? 

? -? 

I've not even bothered punting in Nisbet because he'll be away, so Grant's wishlist would be

Gk-

First choice would be Jamie Mcdonald, was very, very good against us for Alloa and was the best keeper I saw play against us last season, from what I've heard he wants to move back to the east coast so this may be plausible? Gill as backup 

Defence - 

I'm actually happy with the four we have, backup wise with the budget being so tight I'm not sure if we'll be able to sign someone just for backup, we have Edwards, Bowman and Fenton as being the likely backup for the fullback positions, are any of them good enough yet for a sustained run in the team if we have injuries? Not sure, reckon we need at least 1 centre back. 

Midfield - 

****** holes everywhere, we need at least 2 wingers really, with at least 1, maybe two centre mids? I'd expect Paul Allan and Matty Todd to play a bigger part in supporting the squad next year, I've mentioned it before but I've genuinely got high hopes for Todd, think he'll develop into a player. 

I'd love to see us re sign Dom Thomas, that'd be the best signing we could make IMO, I'm a massive fan. Outwith that I don't really know for wingers? I'd imagine it'll be a loan signing, Motherwell have a few, for an outside shout Calvin Miller? Had big potential a few years back, could maybe want to kick start his career down a league.  For centre midfield I'm going to go for Stephen McGinn, he looked good at this level a few years back and there is the worry the legs will be gone and he won't reach his level of performances with Dunfermline, as what he did with St Mirren but an experienced player to talk Turner through the game would be good, also seems like a leader. 

Striker

Ideally I'd love at least three, but with budgets etc I reckon McCann and McGill will get plenty game time, we're apparently interested in Anton Dowds from East Fife, I know absolutely nothing about him other than East Fife fans do seem to like him, for the other spot I'd like Declan McManus, I doubt he'll get a premiership gig, he was well liked by the fans here, coming off a good season in league 1, coming in as the main striker would be appealing for him hopefully. 

Which would leave us with

McDonald 

Comrie-Lang-Murray-Martin

Dow-McGinn-Turner-Thomas

Dowds-McManus 

Squad Players - Gill, Bowman, Edwards, Miller, Todd, Allan, McGill, McCann. 

Will the team look anything like that? Most likely not. 
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Tue 16 Jun 16:57

^^ id stay away from MacDonald and McGinn personally. if we got 6 signings id be happy, a keeper, a centre half, 2 central midfielders, a left midfielder and a striker.

from Ben's list:
Edwards has a 1 year option same as Lang.
Miller Fenton missing off the list.
Paul Allan missing off the list, contracted till 2022 as are McCann and Todd.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Tue 16 Jun 17:16

If McCann doesn't cut it at CF I reckon he would make a good CH/CB. He likes a challenge, physically big etc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bencrawfordd  
Date:   Tue 16 Jun 17:26

When does Miller Fenton’s deal run till?

Pars Review: http://www.parsreview.org
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1BVIChsK6v-iTyJnKNf7Eg
Pars Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thedunfermlineway/
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Jun 17:34

Just a year ago, we sold a player who pretty much all of us thought was a stand-out in an absolutely lousy Pars side, Jackson Longridge.

He went to Bradford for a tidy sum of money - well, enough money to let Stevie Crawford buy a host of young players that resulted in a reasonably tidy squad, including the highly talented Kevin Nisbet.

It is interesting to note that Jackson only managed 10 minutes of play in League Two with Bradford, where he came on as a late sub. He also appeared in four cup games before being loaned out to National League side Torquay United.

He played six games in the fifth tier of the English league with Torquay before returning to Bradford after the coronavirus standdown.

I wouldn't mind him coming back to EEP and taking the left-back slot, allowing Martin, Murray and Lang to fight over the centre-back roles.

Comrie and Longridge running down the right and left flanks is a mouthwatering prospect.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Jun 17:37

presume 2021 for Fenton.

Martin is a better left back than Longridge.
there are better centre halfs available than Martin at that position

so no for me on a Longridge return.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Tue 16 Jun 20:27

That's the basis of a good squad right there. To be fair I don't think now is the time for us to be pushing the boat out on signings . If we have to go with these lads, then so be it. Get Stevie Anderson in, and he could gel that defence into a decent unit. I'm sure Stevie Crawford will get a few gems in. After what has just happened, I will be glad just to see us put a team out. I would imagine the contracts getting offered to players at all levels will be vastly reduced, and we might have a chance of getting some decent players that have been cut from the squads of much better teams.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Tue 16 Jun 20:31

100% agree red star, that's the basis of a team pushing for promotion, if there is a mad rush to sign( I can imagine clubs will operate with the minimum) we might get a couple of gems.

Right age group too, for me like all fans I just want us to get through the next year, crowds I'm sure will be down also.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: obiwanyouknowme  
Date:   Tue 16 Jun 20:35

I would take Ohara who banged in the goals for Alloa

Be interesting to see
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc111  
Date:   Wed 17 Jun 13:15

Quote:

obiwanyouknowme, Tue 16 Jun 20:35

I would take Ohara who banged in the goals for Alloa

Be interesting to see

I'm sure that would go down well after his actions when playing for Falkirk
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Wed 17 Jun 15:40

Longridge carried that team I thought. Martin is better at left back, though. Very clever management from Crawford selling him to allow us to get brilliant players like Nisbet and Murray.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par_33  
Date:   Wed 17 Jun 15:47

If the club got the opportunity to sign Jackson Longridge either permanently or on loan, I'd snap him up. Doesn't seem to have hit the heights down south.

Also, if Dom Thomas has been told of Killie he isn't guaranteed gametime and is free to find a new club, I'd like to see us to put some of the cash we eventually get for Nisbet towards him.

Then also, look further down the leagues at a striker, take a punt, the boy at QP would be a good option however I think they are going to have a good go at it this coming season, they signed Bob Mchugh.

Wouldn't say no to Declan Mcmanus or Kevin O'Hara, but I doubt they will be seen at EEP. Louis Appere loan from Dundee Utd would be appealing, or Cammy Smith.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 17 Jun 15:50

I'd be looking at bringing in a couple of experienced heads too, someone along the likes of Paton and maybe a goalkeeper with a good rep. Fon Williams contract done at Hamilton?

Also would take Harry Cochrane on loan again, he was a good squad player to have in the first half of the season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Wed 17 Jun 16:01

I'm not a fan of mccann his attitude seems terrible since coming back from international squad. Seems like he doesn't want to be there and hasn't really looked like he wants to prove a point when he has been involved. Hope he proves me wrong if we go for him this year though but I can't see it.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 17 Jun 17:48

^^ seem to remember a similar post months ago whether it was yourself or someone else...

he doesn't want to be here...signed a 2 and a half year extension in January.
attitude problems? I see a 19 year old forward desperate to get his first goal, that beats himself up sometimes when something goes wrong instead of letting it go, sometimes tries to hard as a result.

Appere on loan, absolutely no chance.
Cammy Smith wouldn't be a surprise given they wanted to sign him in January.
McManus is an obvious one, i wouldnt say no but will we be able to offer the money he wants?
Steven Anderson is another no from earlier posts, done at this level.

Crawford says he has a list to work on, will be a while before a signing is made though unless its on a delayed start date for the contract.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 17 Jun 20:52

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Wed 17 Jun 16:01

I'm not a fan of mccann his attitude seems terrible since coming back from international squad. Seems like he doesn't want to be there and hasn't really looked like he wants to prove a point when he has been involved. Hope he proves me wrong if we go for him this year though but I can't see it.

What a load of utter nonsense. You would be best just to step away from the keyboard if this is the sort of drivel you type
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Wed 17 Jun 20:59

We need to get a leader in. Paton was the best we have had for a while, hopefully whether it's one of our more experienced players or someone else. It's a pity that we didn't keep Paton but he's gone now.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 18 Jun 02:25

100% agree with EEAP. We definitely need to bring in a player who is captain material.

I too was disappointed that we let Paton go as he clearly was a good leader on the pitch. But I would be less inclined to have him back after he dumped on us in the press.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Thu 18 Jun 20:12

That's exactly how I feel OzPar. I would think if we were to appoint within Lewis Martin, Aaron Comrie or Euan Murray would be my choice, probably in that order. From what I saw these lads are grafters and when things improve should get longer contracts.

matt forsyth

Post Edited (Thu 18 Jun 20:18)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parallel Lines  
Date:   Fri 19 Jun 20:53

Let's raid the wee team again for Lewis Vaughan

I looked for my pet in all the books on animals and birds and then I found it in the Book of Revelations.Marty Feldman
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Fri 19 Jun 20:58

Aye... Wi aw that money we've got.
Oh... Hang on...
🤣

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 19 Jun 21:03

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Wed 17 Jun 16:01

Biggest lot of pihs I've read on this forum in a long time.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Fri 19 Jun 21:04

I wouldn't take McManus back. He's been at a new club every year for about 5 seasons now, not the type of player Crawford is trying to get in the squad. Would rather give the youngsters their chance, never thought he was anything special.

Thomas or Kiltie coming back would be brilliant, but just can't see it.

Has there been anything said about the transfer window should we not start back until mid October? Assuming our window is extended and the Premiership starts earlier, there should be a few quality players available on loan who know they're out of favour.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gem 1977  
Date:   Fri 19 Jun 23:27

Quote:

Parallel Lines, Fri 19 Jun 20:53

Let's raid the wee team again for Lewis Vaughan

Only last week he admitted he may have to retire if he suffers another knee injury.

[Url] https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5698679/raith-rovers-lewis-vaughan-retire-ligament-injury/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Here's to the first of the day, fellas! To old D.H. Lawrence.
Neh! Neh! Neh! Fuh! Fuh! Fuh! Indians

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JimMcDAFC  
Date:   Sat 20 Jun 15:28

I see Callum Smith has got himself a move to Hamilton Accies so good luck to him.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Jun 20:08

Cammy Gill (2021)
Ben Swinton (2021)

Lewis Martin (2021)
Tom Lang (2021 - option to extend +1 year)
Paul Watson (2022)
Euan Murray (2021)
Thomas Bragg (2021)
Aaron Comrie (2021)
Matthew Bowman (2021)
Josh Edwards (2021)

Steven Whittaker (2021)
Kyle Turner (2021)
Matty Todd (2021)
Lucas Berry (2021)

Ryan Dow (2021)
Kevin Nisbet (2021)
Lewis McCann (2020)
Gabby McGill (2021)

Makings of a decent team here-
Gill
Comrie
Watson
Murray
Martin
Dow
Whittaker
Turner
McCann
Nesbit
McGill
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Jun 11:29

^^ 7 of that line up started the 3-0 win at Partick last season.

"if we got 6 signings id be happy, a keeper, a centre half, 2 central midfielders, a left midfielder and a striker"

thats the centre half and 1 centre midfielder done, whos next i wonder.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Jun 11:43

SC said in his post-signings interview that he was looking specifically for a wide attacking player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Tue 30 Jun 12:10

Dom Thomas would do nicely please 🙏🤣 He should learn about what Kilmarnock plan to do with him in the near future, so hopefully that gives us clarity on his situation either way
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Jun 17:56

I always work to the thumb rule of a 23 man squad - 3 Keepers, 8 defenders, 8 midfielders and 4 strikers - obviously you can have players that play several positions and it’s unlikely we would have a 23 but if we could then my thoughts below

I think we still need another 7 players - Not saying we will get them

Goalkeepers
Gill - Swinton - So at least 1 signing needed

Defenders
Comrie - Edwards
Martin - Murray - Watson - Lang - 1 signings needed - CB

Midfielders
Dow - McCann
Turner - Todd - Whittaker - 3 signings needed - CM and 2 Wingers

Strikers
McGill - Nisbet - If Nisbet leaves at least 2 strikers

Now this would be my wish list - I appreciate Whittaker can play full back and likewise Dow and McCann can play up front.

Add to that players like Bowman, Bragg, Fenton May step up but they have no real experience at championship level.

Post Edited (Tue 30 Jun 17:57)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Jul 17:26

^^ missing out Paul Allan in the midfield options, would still need another central midfielder though. if Todd was loaned out to get him playing which should happen imo then another midfielder would be needed also.

in todays Press, Crawford talks about wanting permanent signings although they might look at the loan market if the squad needs further strengthening.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Jul 18:02

"Dom Thomas would do nicely please 🙏🤣 He should learn about what Kilmarnock plan to do with him in the near future, so hopefully that gives us clarity on his situation either way"

they just signed a left winger this afternoon which wont help his chances of regular game time there. the talk of wanting a wide player then the link with Nesbitt maybe is a good guess or it is true but if Thomas was available and we could get him then its a no brainer between the two imo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 10:51

Going by today's Courier report, here's what our squad could look like. It is starting to look like a very strong team. Much more experience in the side this time round. We might want to loan a player or two out as the balance would be a little bit skewed.

Owain Fon Williams
Cammy Gill
Ben Swinton

Aaron Comrie
Paul Watson
Euan Murray
Lewis Martin
Tom Lang
Josh Edwards
Thomas Bragg
Matthew Bowman

Ryan Dow
Steven Whittaker
Kyle Turner
Blair Alston (???)
Matty Todd
Lucas Berry
Paul Allan
Dom Thomas

Kevin O'Hara
Declan McManus
Lewis McCann
Gabby McGill

EDITED TO ADD PAUL ALLAN

Post Edited (Fri 10 Jul 10:57)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 10:53

Quote:

OzPar, Fri 10 Jul 10:51

Going by today's Courier report, here's what our squad could look like. It is starting to look like a very strong team. Much more experience in the side this time round. We might want to loan a player or two out as the balance would be a little bit skewed.

Owain Fon Williams
Cammy Gill
Ben Swinton

Lewis Martin
Tom Lang
Paul Watson
Euan Murray
Thomas Bragg
Aaron Comrie
Matthew Bowman
Josh Edwards

Steven Whittaker
Kyle Turner
Blair Alston (???)
Matty Todd
Lucas Berry

Ryan Dow
Kevin O'Hara
Declan McManus
Lewis McCann
Gabby McGill
Dom Thomas

Add Paul Allan as well.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 10:58

We need more depth in the squad, but I'm sure SC knows that?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 11:01

In Stevie we trust...

:)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 13:38

Alston is just over 6ft, hopefully he’s the more dominating centre midfielder we’ve been looking for a good few years for to give us a bit of physicality only there.

I thought beadling could do that job but it just never happened.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 14:03

You can see where Stevie's going with these signings. A nice blend of youth and experience. Assuming, those mentioned all sign, then the first team is likely to look something like this...

Fon Williams

Comrie Watson Murray Martin

Whittaker

Dow Alston Thomas

McManus O'Hara

That's a very decent Championship side in anyone's books. As Raymie says, just a bit more depth is required to fill out the squad.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 15:19

Alston isnt that type of midfielder.

"if we got 6 signings id be happy, a keeper, a centre half, 2 central midfielders, a left midfielder and a striker"

so down to a keeper and a midfielder off that earlier list, if you take the Fon Williams and Alston rumours to be true then thats it completed.
on to the extra list, another wide option, another central midfielder and loan out Todd as ive got in another post then maybe cover for Comrie should pretty much do it imo.

Post Edited (Fri 10 Jul 15:21)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 15:43

Yes, Alston is an attacking midfielder (and he's got a hell of a shot on him).

It is likely that Stevie sees the above lineup with a diamond formation, but as it stands that looks like our first team and it is, on paper, a pretty good one.

The young lad from Morton, Aidan Nesbitt, can play either wing so he could solve those wide issues.

Stevie hasn't got far to go to complete the jigsaw. He's done well.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 16:04

only one i can think of that is the type Berkey is looking for would be Iain Wilson who was released by Killie, was on loan at QOS last season and/or the year before that, someone who could be a useful backup/competition for Whittaker in that defensive midfielder role. Paul Allan isnt the biggest but that is his best position/role imo, the experience on loan at Brechin will have helped him but is it too much to ask to be the direct backup for Whittaker right now?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 19:54

So I said we needed 7 more signings and in rocked 3 on what has been a really good day. So another 4 or if I’m being greedy 7 updates my thoughts below after today’s signings

Goalkeepers
Gill - Swinton - So at least 1 signing needed - Experienced Keeper

Defenders
Comrie - Edwards
Martin - Murray - Watson - Lang - 1 signing needed - LB/CB

Midfielders
Dow - McCann - Thomas
Turner - Todd - Whittaker - 2 signings needed - CM and 1 Winger

Strikers
McGill - McManus - O’Hara - Nisbet left and I got my 2

So the 4 I really want
Goalkeeper
LB/CB
CM
Winger

If we could manage more another CM, Winger and Striker for my 7

Post Edited (Fri 10 Jul 19:55)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Jul 15:34

Would look at Lewis Spence, wouldn't mind him, boys done well since he left us.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Jul 18:34

"so down to a keeper and a midfielder off that earlier list"

1 down, 1 to go.

will it be Fon Williams, Rogers or someone else?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Jul 20:03

As mentioned above I wanted at least 4 - Wilson coming in brings it to 3 and if I was being massively greedy I said 7 so that would now be 6

Going by Crawfords interview it looks like there may only be 1 more permanent signing. Still hopeful of my 6 as getting up to 5 loans ain’t out the question considering the premier league starts on August 1st there will be a lot of players in their squads who may not be getting game time and with the window opened to 5th October plenty opportunity to get boys in
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Thu 16 Jul 20:20

Quote:

obiwanyouknowme, Thu 16 Jul 20:03

As mentioned above I wanted at least 4 - Wilson coming in brings it to 3 and if I was being massively greedy I said 7 so that would now be 6

Going by Crawfords interview it looks like there may only be 1 more permanent signing. Still hopeful of my 6 as getting up to 5 loans ain’t out the question considering the premier league starts on August 1st there will be a lot of players in their squads who may not be getting game time and with the window opened to 5th October plenty opportunity to get boys in

No chance we’ll sign more than 1/2, maybe a further loan player.

When you include the likes of Todd, McCann and Allan as first team your at 20/21 which is more than even SC hoped for
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Jul 20:38

Some folk seem to think we have an elastic budget with no limit. Unfortunately the manager has to live in the real world. Isn't it also the case that there won't be any competitive reserve team fixtures in which case it will be very difficult to keep a big squad happy and match-fit?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Jul 20:51

I don’t think we have an elastic budget I was only putting my thoughts as to what I thought we need.

We will loan players out, add to that some of the boys mentioned have 0 championship experience. If we didn’t sign any other players then I’d be happy but if you were saying what’s you wish list I've given my thoughts.

Crawford has used his full quota of loan players since becoming manager, is it unrealistic?

We have 24 players signed from this Allan, Bowman, Swanson, Bragg, Swinton, Berry and Fenton have very little first team experience. Allan is the only player who played in league 1/2.

So 17 experienced players what about injuries and suspensions and add to that some of the above will be loaned out.

As I say it was only an opinion
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Jul 22:44

That's fine, obi. You express your opinion and I express mine.

Craw seems to think guys like Bowman, Allan and Todd should be pushing for first-team places this season. I'm not that comfortable with bringing in too many loanees when we're aspiring to be a development club but they're good to fall back on if we have a need somewhere.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Jul 22:50

I agree they have to be given a chance but there’s giving them a chance and relying on them.

As Crawford said he will take a look and assess where we can strengthen through the loans when pre season starts.

Some of the younger lads may blossom, others may not time will tell.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Aug 16:04

So the squad is nearly settled. Going by my rule of thumb I say a squad of 23 is a strong squad. 3 x Goalkeeprs, 8 Defenders, 8 midfielders and 4 Strikers.

Goalkeepers
Fon Williams - Gill - Swinton - (Complete)

Defenders
Comrie - Edwards
Martin - Murray - Watson - Lang - (1 signing needed - LB/CB) that will give us 7 but we do have few young boys and Whittaker can play at the back.

Midfielders
Dow - McCann - Thomas
Turner - Todd - Whittaker - Wilson - (2 signings needed - 1 x CM and 1 x Winger)

Strikers
McGill - McManus - O’Hara - (1 signing needed - 1 x striker)

So from my thinking we need 4 players. Perfectly reasonable to think we may get some boys in on loan.

I wonder if we will have the 5 Sub rule? That would mean we can name 9 on the bench giving a match day squad of 20.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jock-par  
Date:   Mon 3 Aug 17:11

Wonder if Crawford will go for any of the players we got on loan from last season? Perhaps Afolabi

We are Dunfermline, we're on our way back!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Aug 17:13

McCann isnt a midfielder and Paul Allan will be in the midfield options.

yep, im happy all those positions have been filled.
another midfielder and a wide option would give us the squad we finished last season with, id expect those spots to be filled and anything after that without moving players on first would be a bonus.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 3 Aug 17:21

I might wrong obi but do we not have 22 players ?
[IP address logged]
 Re: Current Pars squad
Date:   Mon 3 Aug 18:09

We have 24 at the club as it stands. I’ve named 19 above that I class as first team no disrespect tot the below.

The other 5 being

Paul Allan
Mathew Bowman
Thomas Bragg
Miller Fenton
Lucas Berry

As said Paul Allan May play a part along with Bowman. Think the other 4 will go out on loan although Fenton did feature a lot on the bench last year.

Post Edited (Mon 03 Aug 22:28)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Aug 18:37

Swanson left the club some time ago.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 3 Aug 18:37

Thanks for clarifying that obi I had it in my head we had 22
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net