DAFC.net
Home 15 July 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Chairman’s statement
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 17 Jun 19:32

From COWs:

“0nce again, it is very disappointing that our club appears to have been conveniently targeted by those who wish to spread misinformation on social media. This has subsequently resulted in a number of things happening today which are extremely regrettable.

The DAFC Board were unanimous in voting in favour of both of the recent resolutions relating to reconstruction. We stated that we would support Ann Budge’s plan to increase the Premiership to 14 clubs, but the idea of having a 14-10-10-10 split would also allow the pyramid to be maintained, to allow our friends at Kelty Hearts, along with Brora Rangers to join the SPFL.

It was our view that this would provide the most equitable resolution to the issue of promotion and relegation, in the best interests of Scottish football. We were very surprised by the lack of support on Monday, but have to accept it is a members decision.

Despite what others might be trying to suggest, I have tried to be as supportive as I could be towards Ann, in a very challenging situation, and respectful of Heart of Midlothian as a football club.

Ross McArthur
Chairman”

Cheers BTP x

buffysbuns.wordpress.com

Post Edited (Wed 17 Jun 19:38)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: DAFC statement
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Wed 17 Jun 19:33

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Chairman%60s_Statement_&ID=12022

[IP address logged]
 Re: Chairman’s statement
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 17 Jun 19:54

Got it now. Cheers chaps

buffysbuns.wordpress.com

Post Edited (Thu 18 Jun 15:48)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Wed 17 Jun 19:58

Just up on Twitter!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Wed 17 Jun 20:34

Topic Originator: buffy like | nolike
Date: Wed 17 Jun 19:54

Curious about this bit as it hasn’t been explained or followed up in the rest of the statement

“...This has subsequently resulted in a number of things happening today which are extremely regrettable.”

Seems like something happened that shook the Chairman into making that statemen, would be good to know what before the rumours start.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Wed 17 Jun 20:56

Good to clarify our position in regards to how we voted.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Wed 17 Jun 21:39

I did not doubt for a moment that our Board would vote for.

I would be ashamed to be a supporter of any of the 26 other clubs.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Wed 17 Jun 22:17

Respect to Ross and our BOD
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 17 Jun 22:21

Ditto.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Wed 17 Jun 23:25

That BBC reporter basically getting it wrong in his twitter and the Inverness chief executive being outed as the source talking crap.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 17 Jun 23:45

That boy at Inverness needs a telling. The guy's like a wee sweetie wife gossiping and stirring it up. The BBC should know better than to report gossip too.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars no1  
Date:   Thu 18 Jun 00:50

Bbc reporter Kheredine Idessane got it totally wrong with his statement earlier in the day about who voted for what. I think Ross was annoyed because his stance has been clear all along. Voting for reconstruction to give us a better chance of promotion and to allow the pyramid system to continue. But for the bbc report to say we voted against it was a slap in the face. Kheredine Has issued an apology tonight clearly not checking his facts first.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MikeyLeonard  
Date:   Thu 18 Jun 01:27

Some jambos on Kickback see the chairmans statement as 'retreating' cos he might be afraid of losing the jambo pound 😄. Apparently DAFC is a 'rat' club and some of them hope we die.

Sigh, ye cannae win Ross . . .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Thu 18 Jun 01:41

"some of them hope we die."
Seems a bit of an overreaction 🤔

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Thu 18 Jun 05:32

Quote:

MikeyLeonard, Thu 18 Jun 01:27

Some jambos on Kickback see the chairmans statement as 'retreating' cos he might be afraid of losing the jambo pound 😄. Apparently DAFC is a 'rat' club and some of them hope we die.

I said on another topic that i hope that statement wasn't us kowtowing to the nasty embra bully for fear of any reprisal?

it doesn't matter how we or any individual club voted... all member clubs made a decision collectively - so I didn't see the need for that statement at all - so not surprised us coming out saying to the bully in front of everyone we voted for them was met so cynically
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Thu 18 Jun 07:20

Quote:

MikeyLeonard, Thu 18 Jun 01:27

I would ignore Kickback, full of absolute Zombies foaming at the mouth who think Hearts can do no wrong. Having said that Hearts can get to Falkirk, they have acted like big time wannabes throughout this. They really aren't a big deal.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 18 Jun 08:47

Always found Hibees fans to be far better company than Jambos, to be honest...

:)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alf  
Date:   Thu 18 Jun 09:08

New statement on cows from Ross including season ticket information and pricing
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 18 Jun 09:36

"They really aren't a big deal."

Regardless of how we feel about Hearts - they are the best supported club in the country outwith the Glasgow duo.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 18 Jun 09:39

And the richest after Celtic.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Thu 18 Jun 09:39

Quote:

veteraneastender, Thu 18 Jun 09:36

"They really aren't a big deal."

Regardless of how we feel about Hearts - they are the best supported club in the country outwith the Glasgow duo.

Big enough to play us in a fundraiser....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 18 Jun 10:22

Such a big team that they finished bottom...

Size of your support pales into insignificance if you're not performing on the pitch and effectively managing your finances. If our leagues were based on how "big" you are then we'd be in the Premiership whilst the likes of Hamilton, Livi and St Johnstone wouldn't.

I'm sure Hearts will go straight back up as a result of having more money to spend on players, but the whole "loadsa money" chat is frankly pathetic. If you half the population of Edinburgh and work out what % turns up at Tynecastle you quickly see that they're bang average.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 18 Jun 10:22

Well we can get their players on loan.

26 other clubs can't.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Thu 18 Jun 10:26

Quote:

Sliema Par, Thu 18 Jun 10:22

Well we can get their players on loan.

26 other clubs can't.

They will be in our league why would we want their loan players.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 18 Jun 10:31

I must say I was very surprised that Kheradine Idessane was responsible for what amounted to a slur.

He is an articulate ,intelligent, highly experienced correspondent and he,clearly,has not checked his sources.

His apology is welcome.

My query is who fed him a blatant hurtful lie?

Some on here point to the Inverness CT Chairman.Is there any evidence for that or is he just our current bogeyman?

If he were responsible, it is shameful.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Thu 18 Jun 10:37

Mrs Budge might not want her players to hear how rich they are.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 18 Jun 10:37

It matters zilch what % of the Edinburgh population attend Tynecastle - it's the absolute number of punters who pay at the turnstiles that count.

Same for every club.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 18 Jun 10:46

"Well we can get their players on loan.

26 other clubs can't."

I think that's a reference to Hearts taking a negative attitude to clubs that don't support their league reconstruction proposals.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Thu 18 Jun 11:11

Yep they're a bullying, spiteful and now openly hostile member of the organisation...

Get them punted oot and reapply in a year or two to join back in from the bottom tier
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 18 Jun 12:52

Quote:

veteraneastender, Thu 18 Jun 10:37

It matters zilch what % of the Edinburgh population attend Tynecastle - it's the absolute number of punters who pay at the turnstiles that count.

Same for every club.

Agreed, but my point was that they have a bigger fanbase as there's a bigger population in Edinburgh. So Hearts can claim to be the third biggest team, but that's because they're in the second biggest city in Scotland. A rough estimate is that Hearts get about 7.5% of Edinburgh's population (disregarding away fans and halving the population to take into account Hibs). The Pars, for example, get 8%. Basically, they're bang average.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Thu 18 Jun 13:11

So we take players on loan who can't even get in a team that was relegated?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Thu 18 Jun 13:37

"So we take players on loan who can't even get in a team that was relegated?"

Yip. Mouth watering prospect that it is........
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 18 Jun 13:49

So anyone that played for a team which was relegated is rubbish? I'm sure we've been down this road before. Let's hope our management team are more astute at assessing players than taking such a simplistic approach.

Post Edited (Thu 18 Jun 13:51)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Thu 18 Jun 15:39

I thought that Keana was a reasonably good player. But the rest!!!!!

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Thu 18 Jun 16:08

"So anyone that played for a team which was relegated is rubbish? I'm sure we've been down this road before. Let's hope our management team are more astute at assessing players than taking such a simplistic approach."

For the record, my comment was tongue in cheek

I thought the previous players we've had on loan from Hearts were all decent, it was a shame McDonald didn't get a proper chance due to injury as I think has the makings of a good player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 18 Jun 19:16

"Agreed, but my point was that they have a bigger fanbase as there's a bigger population in Edinburgh. So Hearts can claim to be the third biggest team, but that's because they're in the second biggest city in Scotland. A rough estimate is that Hearts get about 7.5% of Edinburgh's population (disregarding away fans and halving the population to take into account Hibs). The Pars, for example, get 8%. Basically, they're bang average."

I honestly don't follow the logic here at all.

Results on the field apart, it's commercial performance that counts.

Football is a business - it's the number of paying customers that matters, not the % of the locals who attend.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 18 Jun 23:00

Not sure what you're not following. I'm not suggesting they aren't commercially successful. I'm pointing out that gaining the following, and therefore income, they have isn't particularly hard given their location. In real terms they aren't anything special. Strangely, the biggest teams tend to be in the biggest towns and cities. Some will exceed expectations through marketing. Teams like Manchester Utd, Chelsea and maybe even Celtic. Hearts are just another run of the mill club who very few people outside Scotland would even recognise. Their own manager didn't even have a clue about them.

The whole Billy Big Boots routine from some Jambos is pathetic. Oh, we won't come to your stadium if you didn't vote in favour of our self interest. They can GTF. Would they support us? No. Do they care about the rest of the league? No. Is Ann Budge trying to keep Hearts in the Premiership so she can punt them to an American outfit? You can bet your house on it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Thu 18 Jun 23:09

Pretty sure Budge has already turned down outside investment ,as she has a commitment to the hearts Foundation.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 18 Jun 23:13

We'll soon find out. She's been more than happy to accept money from elsewhere. The money for that new stand didn't come from nowhere, as is clear from their accounts.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 19 Jun 08:30

"Not sure what you're not following."

I don't follow your line about demographics, or how it's relevant.

The number of bums on seats is the bottom line (no pun intended).

Let's leave it at that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Fri 19 Jun 08:44

I think the point is that Hearts and Hibs should both be far bigger clubs than they are.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 19 Jun 08:59

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Fri 19 Jun 08:44

I think the point is that Hearts and Hibs should both be far bigger clubs than they are.

Exactly. And my rough calculation didn't relate to the demography of Edinburgh, only population, so not exactly scientific.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 19 Jun 10:55

"Agreed, but my point was that they have a bigger fanbase as there's a bigger population in Edinburgh. So Hearts can claim to be the third biggest team, but that's because they're in the second biggest city in Scotland. A rough estimate is that Hearts get about 7.5% of Edinburgh's population (disregarding away fans and halving the population to take into account Hibs). The Pars, for example, get 8%. Basically, they're bang average."

Isn't demography the study of data relating to population ?

The 16,000- 17.000 that turn up at Tynecastle is a better "average" than 4,000-5,000 at EEP.

Which is immaterial - as always, size matters, not percentages.

Not sure how Hibs and Hearts can be bigger clubs unless the dominance of the Glasgow duo is broken, and that's wishful thinking.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 19 Jun 11:06

Demography would cover wider aspects of age, race etc. My point being that Edinburgh could have a high % of toddlers in its 480k+ population meaning Hearts were punching above their weight.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net