DAFC.net
Home 15 July 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 liverpool
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Thu 25 Jun 22:09

Looks like thats them crowned champions tonight then.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: liverpool
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Thu 25 Jun 22:18

Oh yes. It's been a long time but definitely deserved. Tore teams a new one all season. Come on ye reds!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Kebab  
Date:   Thu 25 Jun 22:27

Congratulations Liverpool . Best team won it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Thu 25 Jun 22:41

Agreed. I’m not a Liverpool fan per se, but I’ve admired many good Liverpool teams down the years and the current crop are an impressive bunch, and certainly worthy champions.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Thu 25 Jun 22:48

Congratulations all players and management Towk will be beside himself
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Thu 25 Jun 22:56

Yes he will 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Thu 25 Jun 23:16

Quote:

Buspasspar, Thu 25 Jun 22:48

Congratulations all players and management Towk will be beside himself

, 😂😂😂

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Thu 25 Jun 23:38

Two great footballing teams this season ,But happy Liverpool managed to close it out .Their manager and style of football has been great to watch
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 25 Jun 23:58

The team deserve it so congratulations to them and Klopp.

Turned Sky sports off tonight tho. Cannot stand Phil Thomson & Jamie Carragher. Think I'll give it a miss til about November

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Fri 26 Jun 01:34

Briiliant! Very pleased for Klopp and the 'pool fans. The team of the season by a country mile.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Fri 26 Jun 02:21

Kenny Dalglish was so cringy.

Said to Klopp "You're dad must have been on our side during the war cause you're a proper scouser"

Thankfully the line was bad and Klopp didn't hear it but such an inappropriate thing to say.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Fri 26 Jun 06:06

Quote:

sadindiefreak, Fri 26 Jun 02:21

Kenny Dalglish was so cringy.

Said to Klopp "You're dad must have been on our side during the war cause you're a proper scouser"

Thankfully the line was bad and Klopp didn't hear it but such an inappropriate thing to say.

Eh!?!? Didn't watch past the final whistle but WTF!

Anyway, really pleased for Klopp and as a complete neutral as far as the EFL goes, they are one of the more enjoyable teams to watch and this was well deserved
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Fri 26 Jun 08:48

They were brilliant in that 4-0 win earlier in the week - great goals. Think they benefitted having Robertson back. As others have said - they have won it playing such attractive football.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Fri 26 Jun 10:43

I feel happy for Klopp. He appears to be one of the good guys in football.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Fri 26 Jun 10:54

What a rid neck from Dalgleish. Cringey Da' patter at its worst.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 26 Jun 11:03

Like the majority of football fans this is moment I had hoped would never happen but fair play, by far the best team over the last 24 months.
I found this article quite amusing in the after last night though.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/29/police-want-any-match-where-liverpool-can-win-title-played-at-neutral-venue
Apology incoming to the mayor?

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 26 Jun 14:17

A lot of pundits are already tipping Liverpool to win it again next season and no doubt the bookies will install them as favourites, but I think they'll find games a lot tougher. Every opponent will up their game against the reigning champions. It will also be harder to motivate the players to scale the same heights they have this season.

They'll probably have a better chance of success in the CL.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Fri 26 Jun 15:19

Way too early to speculate until we see what transfer activity happens.
Man U have the beginnings of a decent squad from what I seen the other night and their city rivals will definitely be there or thereabouts.
Can't see any of the other lot troubling they three... But who knows. There's always the Leicester effect lol.
Are Chelski still banned from signing players? They're another team that could make a big impact at the top end of the table but if they can't sign players I can't see it.
Although... It's worth noting that Liverpool didn't sign any big money deals this season apart from Minamino but he's one for the future... If he stays.
Pool only forked out 8.5 million this season compared with 46 million coming in from the sale of players.
No idea if they have anyone lined up to sign but I would be surprised if they are as quiet this time around with players coming in.
Rumours persist about Couthino coming back... But have they really missed him?
He was linked with Newcastle for a while but that was dependent on a change of regime there.
Is that still on the cards?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Jun 15:50

Think Liverpool will be rightfully favourites again. They have the perfect blend throughout the team and I'm sure motivation won't be a problem.
Many said they couldn't repeat last year's feat but we've surpassed it in style.
Man City will remain the closest contenders.
In their day, they are a joy to watch and unbeatable but they do have defensive frailties they must address in the next two months imo.
Man Utd looking better than they've done for quite some time but I don't think they have the depth in strength in their squad just yet.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Fri 26 Jun 16:19

Liverpool were head and shoulders above everyone this season. Deserved title.
It is absolutely nauseating listening to vast majority of pundits who are largely ex Liverpool players who can barely string a sentence together - McManaman, Carragher, Barnes etc. I don't think they are getting employed for their pundit skills and more to do with the rabid biased at Sky and BT.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Fri 26 Jun 16:38

Chelsea have signed Hakim Ziyech and Timo Werner. These are, to my mind, strong acquisitions. The English Premiership should be quite competitive next year - here’s hoping!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Fri 26 Jun 17:47

Without doubt Liverpool a very good team. Their competition this season has been woeful leading to such an easy title.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Fri 26 Jun 19:01

Is there any other manager with the sheer down to earth coolness he has with his players but yet still command respect?
They would fight tanks for him.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Fri 26 Jun 19:08

Quote:

Rastapari, Fri 26 Jun 19:01

Is there any other manager with the sheer down to earth coolness he has with his players but yet still command respect?
They would fight tanks for him.

His man management is one of his strongest aspects and being a great personality ,Oh and he knows his football
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Jun 19:16

Candidate for the German national job at some point surely

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Fri 26 Jun 20:02

Chelsea making genuinely brilliant signings so far and have several years of FFP to mess about with due to their transfer ban now being lifted. Man U with a striker, right wing and a defender or 2 could be up there too. City will probably look to sort out the centre and left defense so really can't see Liverpool having as easy a run as they've had this year
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 26 Jun 22:31

Quote:

Frank Butchers LoveHandles, Fri 26 Jun 16:19

Liverpool were head and shoulders above everyone this season. Deserved title.
It is absolutely nauseating listening to vast majority of pundits who are largely ex Liverpool players who can barely string a sentence together - McManaman, Carragher, Barnes etc. I don't think they are getting employed for their pundit skills and more to do with the rabid biased at Sky and BT.

Nailed it mate.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Fri 26 Jun 22:44

They play nice,entertaining football.

Post Edited (Fri 26 Jun 22:54)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Jun 11:23

Their fans have utterly embarrassed themselves again but that’s hardly surprising. Pandemic or not they were always going to go way over the top.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Jun 12:10

''Their fans have utterly embarrassed themselves again but that’s hardly surprising. Pandemic or not they were always going to go way over the top.''

They have also embarrassed the club. I feel sorry for Klopp and his players. It's not their fault but they are almost guilty by association. It's a bit like if a relative of yours commits a crime and it appears on TV and the press. It's not your fault as you don't choose your relatives, but you still feel embarrassed because of it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Jun 19:20

So am I right in thinking that currently Liverpool are EFL, world club, and champions league title holders?
(I understand that they are out of the CL but are still the current holders until new champions are crowned).
Can't be too many clubs that have done that specific treble.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Jun 20:30

Ahem

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Sun 28 Jun 20:31

Should be cracking game on Thursday at Man City
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Jun 20:34

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Sun 28 Jun 20:30

Ahem

Yeah I realise man u have done it (I should have said)... But there can't be many sides have.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Jun 21:31

Not when you have the EPL title in the question but I'd imagine that quite often the winners of the champions league then often go on to win the world club championship and their own subsequent domestic league.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Jun 22:06

I remember Man Utd losing to Brazilian side a number of years ago . Romario and Edmundo in attack iirc
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Jun 22:16

Yeah that was the season after their unprecedented treble. As part of the FA campaign to to be awarded the 2006 World Cup they asked Utd to attend the tournament in January. That meant that United had to withdraw from the FA cup that season, the very cup they had won the season before as part of that unprecedented treble. I think it was Vasco De Gaumo that beat them with a veteran Romario proving he was still a deadly finisher. They still went on to win the league that season but were unable to repeat the treble which was unprecedented.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Jun 06:03

I read that in Liverpool's 4-0 win over Crystal Palace, the visitors touches inside Liverpool's box numbered exactly..... 0.

Remarkable.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Tue 30 Jun 08:29

Apparently the first time in the PL a home side has restricted an away side to no touches in their box.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Tue 30 Jun 09:29

"Yeah that was the season after their unprecedented treble. As part of the FA campaign to to be awarded the 2006 World Cup they asked Utd to attend the tournament in January. That meant that United had to withdraw from the FA cup that season, the very cup they had won the season before as part of that unprecedented treble. I think it was Vasco De Gaumo that beat them with a veteran Romario proving he was still a deadly finisher. They still went on to win the league that season but were unable to repeat the treble which was unprecedented."

That treble was unprecedented ;-)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Tue 30 Jun 13:34

Man City are favourites with the bookies next season. I thought Liverpool would struggle this season after coming so close last season and going all the way in Europe. I saw them pre-season and they were poor without the front 3.Fortunately they have all remained injury free as their replacements aren't top class.They will need to strengthen again if they are to retain it imo. They have been great all season but the cracks started to show a bit before the restart with regards to strength in depth particularly with the high intensity game that they play.

Bookies can't see past City or Liverpool again.Chelsea 3rd favourites at 16/1 compared to City(evens) and Liverpool 11/8

Post Edited (Tue 30 Jun 13:37)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Jun 14:10

Klopp has already stated they won't be spending a fortune in the next transfer window.
Mind you... His definition of fortune is most likely a lot different to mine 😂

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Jun 16:42

The best teams who win multiple titles don't go buying new players unless they have to.
Man Utd kept more or less the same squad for years as they won year after year and I see Liverpool doing the same.

Nobody in that team will be wanting to move on for some time imo.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Jun 16:43

I’d be surprised if Liverpool were able to hold on to Klopp for much longer. Nothing left to achieve there . He’ll be off as soon as one of the big jobs becomes available.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Jun 16:49

Quote:

Pars Kebab, Tue 30 Jun 16:43

I’d be surprised if Liverpool were able to hold on to Klopp for much longer. Nothing left to achieve there . He’ll be off as soon as one of the big jobs becomes available.

Trying too hard, PK. 🙂

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Jun 17:17

Not a single year went by when Ferguson didn't sign a player for Man U.

https://www.barriesview.com/2013/05/sir-alex-fergusons-104-manchester-united-transfers

The fact Liverpool had lost 4 out of 6 before the lockdown and the 2 they won were by 1 goal margins at home to Bournemouth and West Ham showed that they were beginning to tire imo.They need another forward as Origi isn't the answer despite being a bit of a cult hero and as soon as any one of the front 3 is unavailable they just aren't the same team. They do have some cracking young players mind you-time will tell if they can make the step up.

ETA-I just read that the African Cup of Nations has been pushed back a year-losing Salah and Mane for a month wouldn't have helped but that is a bonus for them

Post Edited (Tue 30 Jun 17:23)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Jun 17:27

Quote:

parathletic, Tue 30 Jun 17:17

Not a single year went by when Ferguson didn't sign a player for Man U.

https://www.barriesview.com/2013/05/sir-alex-fergusons-104-manchester-united-transfers

The fact Liverpool had lost 4 out of 6 before the lockdown and the 2 they won were by 1 goal margins at home to Bournemouth and West Ham showed that they were beginning to tire imo.They need another forward as Origi isn't the answer despite being a bit of a cult hero and as soon as any one of the front 3 is unavailable they just aren't the same team. They do have some cracking young players mind you-time will tell if they can make the step up.

Oh I'd agree they do need to strengthen somewhat. James Milner is not a spring chicken anymore and neither is Henderson as great as they've been the last couple of years.
I'd say Milner in particular might only have one season left as a semi regular.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Jun 17:34

I'd agree with that. I'm going to stop stressing about next year and enjoy the moment for now :)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Tue 30 Jun 17:59

They did beat Barcelona 4-0 without 2 of the usual front 3 playing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Jun 18:12

Barcelona.... Pfft
Even the wee team could beat them 🤣

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Tue 30 Jun 18:24

Yeah, Barca are... Let's just say a troubled team recently. Just sold Arthur and bought Pjanic for a 10m profit simply to comply with FFP. Would love to see Messi retire there but he could do so much more elsewhere for the next few years
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Jun 19:58

Quote:

Pars Kebab, Tue 30 Jun 16:43

His current contract runs until 2024 I'm sure you'll be glad to hear 🤣
If another club wants him and they stump up the cash he'll be off... Business is business after all.
He could potentially win more by then.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Jul 00:14

I would love to see Messi in the premier . He would absolutely destroy it . It would suit him more .
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net