DAFC.net
Home 15 July 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Sportscene tonight
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Sun 28 Jun 18:42

Might give this one a miss . We won't be involved much . We managed to lose 3-1 at home to E Stirling in round 1 :-(

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sportscene tonight
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 28 Jun 19:54

Quote:

Parsweep, Sun 28 Jun 18:42

Might give this one a miss . We won't be involved much . We managed to lose 3-1 at home to E Stirling in round 1 :-(

Thanks for reminding me, Parsweep. Let's get it spot on. It was the first PRELIMINARY round. I've had plenty of highs and lows as a Pars fan for 57 years, but that game is the one that really sticks in my mind. The Shire often finished at the very bottom of the pile and as I trudged home miserably, I couldn't help thinking how good a team I started following 20 years earlier and how low we'd sunk since. ☹

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Sun 28 Jun 23:02

I remember it being a bit of a shock as we were back on the up, we had a cracking start to that season and blew promotion at the end of that season.

It was a bad result but the year before was easily a lot worse as it was the lowest we had ever been in the league, the only highlight being the defeat at Ibrox.

East Stirling also beat us in the league at East End the season before the cup game
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sun 28 Jun 23:09

Was that played in torrential rain -and our best hope was getting the game abandoned?
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net