DAFC.net
Home 28 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Football Podcasts
Topic Originator: Johan_Cruyff  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 01:30

I know the Open Goal podcast with Si Ferry has gained a huge reputation (rightly so IMO) very entertaining

I also like to listen Off the ball podcast each week which is really just a condensed version of the radio show which is great for me being overseas.

I tried the Snodgrass / Kris Boyd podcast tonight with Henrik Larsson and was hugely surprised how good it was - Boyd and Snoddy were very good with the questions and there is a section on mental health which was very touching from all 3 guys - I would recommend it - The podcast is called the lockdown tactics

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Football Podcasts
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 06:00

Bit (understatement) behind in this kind of technology, how do you access them? Do you need a app?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 07:23

Open Goal is the best by far, always really entertaining. I wonder what’s happened to Slaney the last few weeks though?

Football Daft is a decent podcast. It had Jim Leishman as its main guest last week and Scott Walker for a few minutes also, who mainly talked about his time at Dunfermline too. I’ll have to give lockdown tactics a listen.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DayMan  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 08:43

Quote:

DulochConvert, Thu 9 Jul 06:00

Bit (understatement) behind in this kind of technology, how do you access them? Do you need a app?

If you have an iPhone, I think there's a dedicated podcast app already on the phone, I'm not sure though as I'm an android user.

A lot of podcasts are also uploaded to Spotify & SoundCloud as well.

I've been using an app called Podcast Addict for years which works really well.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 11:00

Open goal you can get on YouTube as videos.
Nutmeg podcast of the back of the magazine is good ,Lower league ramblings if you into players below the premier league.
Soccer fm with our own Steven Mill is a light-hearted look at Scottish football,That Peter Crouch podcast is also pretty good .
Scottish Football podcast is from BBC Scotland sportsound of that day .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 11:04

Price of football is a good listen
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 11:18

Some of the Open Goal ones are good, but a lot of them are garbage "lads, lads, lads" stuff, asking daft questions to ex-Old Firm players "Haha, what was Tommy Gravesen like, eh?" and the like. Especially when the boy Slaney is doing it. When they do it well, they do it well though. I probably prefer Tell Him He's Pele and the Terrace, although I know the hipster vibe they give off grates on some. For non Scottish football, Guardian Football Weekly and Totally Football Show with James Richardson are pretty solid, Golazzo is fantastic and some of the Athletic podcasts are good for niche interests - Zonal Marking for tactics for example.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DayMan  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 12:33

Tifo football have a good podcast, they do deepdives on clubs and how they run recruitment, implement cultures etc. Very interesting stuff.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Johan_Cruyff  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 13:03

I was stressing how I fit in all the ones I currently listen to and now there is few more recommendations eek

I also use Podcast Addict to download my podcasts weekly

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DAVEDAFC  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 16:45

There are some cracking podcasts out there, but I couldn’t resist a chance to plug mine in this thread 😂

Myself and my co-host Ryan are student Journalists with a podcast/YouTube channel called Talk Scottish Football. We have had 22 episodes of the podcast so far with special guests such as Derek Rae, Tam Cowan and Andy Barrowman featuring on the show so far.

We are on YouTube, Apple Podcasts and Spotify.

Here is a link to our most recent show with former Pars man Andy Barrowman: https://youtu.be/dnbEl8Tndjk

Check it out and see what you think, any subs on the YouTube channel are greatly appreciated!

The DBuick22 YouTube channel, home of the ParsTalk podcast.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtcOarggXvuccF4k0ERQO0Q
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: adampar1  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 19:43

Lower league ramblings - Danny Denholm interviewing lower league footballers. Good listen.

The Pele Podcast - similar to above, a few years old now but a good listen

Quickly Kevin will we score - 90s football show with Josh Widdicombe. Really good.

Undr the Cosh - few ex English pros including Jon Parkin. Really good stories.

Nessun Dorma is very good - usually about 80s/90s football
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hockeyboy  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 20:30

Highly recommend the Lower League Ramblings and the Terrace podcasts are usually pretty good as well, Marvin Bartley did a couple recently with Joel Sked which were really interesting.

I've listened to Open Goal interviews a lot in the last couple of weeks since my job moved to Dundee but I've got s bit sick of them, as mentioned above a lot of the questions are repeated no matter who the guest.
I normally find something worthwhile in the interviews no matter who the player is but I had to switch off the Kyle Lafferty interview off, it was rotten.

Listened to the Andy Barrowman interview on the way home tonight and thought it was excellent.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DAVEDAFC  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 22:40

Quote:

Hockeyboy, Thu 09 Jul 20:30

Highly recommend the Lower League Ramblings and the Terrace podcasts are usually pretty good as well, Marvin Bartley did a couple recently with Joel Sked which were really interesting.

I've listened to Open Goal interviews a lot in the last couple of weeks since my job moved to Dundee but I've got s bit sick of them, as mentioned above a lot of the questions are repeated no matter who the guest.
I normally find something worthwhile in the interviews no matter who the player is but I had to switch off the Kyle Lafferty interview off, it was rotten.

Listened to the Andy Barrowman interview on the way home tonight and thought it was excellent.

Thank you, appreciate that.

The DBuick22 YouTube channel, home of the ParsTalk podcast.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtcOarggXvuccF4k0ERQO0Q
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PostmanPar  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 23:01

I was new to podcasts too, went to App Store on my iPhone and downloaded Podbean, it has the open goal and off the ball podcasts on it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 00:38

<<Football Daft is a decent podcast. It had Jim Leishman as its main guest last week and Scott Walker for a few minutes also, who mainly talked about his time at Dunfermline too. I’ll have to give lockdown tactics a listen.>>

Maybe I have been away from Scotland too long, but I found the accents of the guys on Football Daft almost incomprehensible. I was only picking up every third word.

It was only when Leish came on that things became clear...

:)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net