DAFC.net
Home 27 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Early signings
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 06:13

One thing that has impressed me about Stevie Crawford has been the speed with which he gets into transfer activity once the window opens.

He's at it again this season with two players already in and another two, perhaps three, on the verge of joining by the look of things.

Best of all, he usually gets his man, even when competing against bigger teams.

Quite a contrast to AJ, who too often was scrambling around late in the window to fill key slots. This was most obvious two seasons ago when we ended up with an appalling squad of journeymen, most of whom should never have worn the Pars top.

Stevie wouldn't have been the first choice of many of the fans on here, including myself, but I get the feeling that he's gradually winning most of us round.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Early signings
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 06:45

He’s at is again with the possible signings of Declan McManus (I hope that one comes off as he was a really good player for us and apparently Kevin Ohara ( disaster waiting to happen and also a slap in the face to disabled supporters club if we sigh that wee cretin apology to dean shiels or not)

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pearcey  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 08:57

Im pretty sure everyone has said or done something they have immediately regretted. Im sure this applies to O'Hara as well. This will only be the disaster a few of you claim its going to be if you can't forgive a mistake that was made in the past.

Focusing purely his footballing abilities it looks a good signing that ticks all the boxes in the type of player Crawford looks to sign. Young, hungry player with room to develop and a point to prove.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 09:18

Nailed It pearcey
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 09:27

"Im pretty sure everyone has said or done something they have immediately regretted."

Exactly - let him without sin cast the first stone.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 10:23

I think the quality of the signings is more important than how early you sign them. It would be easy to sign players early if no one else was interested in them and you had a generous budget. Last season we probably benefited from concentrating on younger players and giving them the opportunity of full-time football when other clubs weren't prepared to do that. The most impressive signing was obviously Nisbet. I don't know how much competition there was for his signature but you would have thought a bigger club than ours would have taken a chance on him.

This season we have taken a bit of a risk by signing players early when they probably won't be needed until September. This will have given us an advantage over rival clubs but at a financial cost. SC has admitted that Steven Whittaker wasn't on his radar until his agent told him he might be interested so you need a wee bit of luck as well.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Roy Barry Fan Club  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 10:44

I'm with Pearcey on O'Hara.

Young lad who made an error. Then apologised and took his medicine.

Would be pleased to see him at EEP. Alloa player of year.

Without going into details the issue was squarely with the then Falkirk board. Much better Chairman at Falkirk these days.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net