DAFC.net
Home 12 August 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Nisbet to Hibs
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 17:40

both the Sun and Courier saying its pretty much a done deal, the latter saying "around 250k" the fee.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Nisbet to Hibs
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 18:06

Quote:

GJS93, Thu 9 Jul 17:40

both the Sun and Courier saying its pretty much a done deal, the latter saying "around 250k" the fee.

There had better be add ons for that paltry sum.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 18:08

Will be a big add on. Plus a player in opposite direction maybe loan.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 18:15

250k gulp not great but better than nothing.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 18:16

id be stunned if there wasnt a sell on clause on it, any add ons would be a bonus.

a loan player closer to the season maybe but do they have anyone we want/need/could use?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 18:18

In hindsight we should have sold him in January but who could predict COVID?! Were we not offered over 300k. Seems a bit cheap for a player with so much potential but he clearly wants to go and the money would be nice. That’s probably why we’ve signed O’Hara on a 3 year deal.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 18:19

£250k is good money given that state of play just now. Chunky 25% sell on and maybe some bonus’ and it’s possibly the best we were going to get.

Hopefully we use it better than last year where Nesbit aside, the loans and free’s were miles better than those we paid fees for.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: livipar2  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 18:21

Really Berkey? Any examples spring to mind?

Mon the Pars!!!!!!!!!!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 18:33

250k for somebody in the last year of their contract is a decent deal
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 18:36

I wonder if Aberdeen could come in late on as Cosgrove is linked with a move away. They accepted a 2million move from Guingamp but he rejected it. They would be made not to go for him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nazpar  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 18:36

Kevin Nisbet has arrived at East Mains to finalise his move to Hibs after the Easter Road side agreed a six-figure fee with Dunfermline Athletic for the striker..from the Scotsman

nazpar
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par_33  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 18:39

Really would like to know the figures involved at some point, none of this "undisclosed fee" rubbish.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 18:40

Year left on his contract. 250k not the best but there will be a hefty sell-on clause. He bangs them in the Premiership, a club down south with chuck 5 mil for him, that’s nothing to teams down there.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 18:41

It's not always (if ever) a good idea to let your rivals and the world at large know details of your transfer business.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 18:42

Livipar

Turner, Lang, McGill and Edwards. Can include Murray too but that was unlucky with injury.

Turner played a lot but struggled to have any impact.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!

Post Edited (Thu 09 Jul 18:44)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FRED1981  

It had to come I'm surprised it was Hibs after cutting wages.
[IP address logged]

the yearly accounts will show it, theres your answer.

someone on twitter asked Alan Temple from Capital City Press who had tweeted about the story about a loan player in return...." No. But there will be no shortage of business from the Dunfermline end over the weekend"

will it be more than the 2 strikers rumoured?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 18:44

I also think a goalkeeper is a priority Jamie McDonald looking for a club could do worse.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DRreturns  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 18:44

We’ve made £250k in a year off a player, let that sink in!

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 18:47

I think the move suits all parties. Nisbet is destined for bigger things. Hibs getting a player for a good fee, who could be worth considerably more if he makes the step up. Good business from Dunfermline to get 250k for a player going into last year of contract who has stated he wishes to play at a higher level. We would have negotiated a sell on clause as well I’m sure.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 18:56

£250,000 ..not what a lot of Pars fans wanted ..or thought he was worth ..but right now in these climes its a lot of money for the club ..with hopefully future add ons
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 18:56

^^ to hudza's post and its done early, it isnt going to drag on and on any more same with signing replacements if those rumours are true.

if any of the money is made available to Crawford who should we bring in then Berkey?

"I also think a goalkeeper is a priority Jamie McDonald looking for a club could do worse"

Hamilton fan on pieandbovril this morning linked us with a permanent move for Owain Fon Williams.

Post Edited (Thu 09 Jul 19:21)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 19:00

250 k is about right was never going to get much more than that and the longer it went on the value would decrease.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 19:06

£250k is an absolute steal to be honest. Best player we have had for years. Sounds like a poor deal to me. I guess this virus will have effected the prices but we would have been better letting him shoot us to promotion then letting him go for free. I guess if he wants to go though there is no point keeping an unhappy player. The directors will know the financial situation though, so maybe they had to accept this paltry sum
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 19:07

Quote:

FRED1981, Thu 9 Jul 18:42

It had to come I'm surprised it was Hibs after cutting wages.

Which is 150% why the fee will remain undisclosed

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 19:27

Owain Fon Williams and Dom Thomas on the shopping list,surely?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Athletic  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 19:50

Hibs are getting a steal if he goes for 250k, would have hoped we could have got another 100k on that figure with a sizable sell on fee. Even add in extras if he makes his Scotland debut as if he bangs them in he would surely get a call up
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 19:50

Quote:

red-star-par, Thu 9 Jul 19:06

£250k is an absolute steal to be honest. Best player we have had for years. Sounds like a poor deal to me. I guess this virus will have effected the prices but we would have been better letting him shoot us to promotion then letting him go for free. I guess if he wants to go though there is no point keeping an unhappy player. The directors will know the financial situation though, so maybe they had to accept this paltry sum

If it is a straight deal, it would be an awful deal.
Figure in the prize money available to top 4 finish compared to bottom 4 and we'd have been as well keeping him till the end of the season.
But, I would expect we have a clause in there for a sell on. We'd be absolute idiots not to.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 19:58

Quote:

1971 all over again
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 20:03

Quote:

AdamAntsParsStripe, Thu 09 Jul 19:50

Quote:

Figure in the prize money available to top 4 finish compared to bottom 4 and we'd have been as well keeping him till the end of the season.
But, I would expect we have a clause in there for a sell on. We'd be absolute idiots not to.

Think it’s quite clear he doesn’t want to stay! His paper interview was really telling.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 20:15

250k, 20% sell on fee n Jamie Gullan on loan please.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 20:20

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Thu 9 Jul 20:03

Quote:

Quote:

Think it’s quite clear he doesn’t want to stay! His paper interview was really telling.

What's that got to do with it? He's under contract so not his call to make.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 20:21

250k is a fraction of what he is worth, I still believe he is a better all round player than Shankland, who, if sold, would go for much more. He would be worth a lot more to the club than 250k if he fired us into the Premier League. Better hope the sell on clauses are included. Ross promised us he would not be sold on the cheap.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 20:27

Sell on clauses will be included, fact is selling him to Hibs now for a lower price is a good deal for us.

St Mirren sold McGinn to Hibs for peanuts, however they had a sell on clause because they were aware clubs are more likely to spend big on a player performing well for a bigger club.

End result? He went for good money to Aston Villa and St Mirren were laughing.

They probably had some thick gormless fans proclaiming they should've kept McGinn for one more season due to prize money reasons.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parforthecourse  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 20:28

If transfermarkt.co.uk is to be believed, then there have only been 7 transfers out of the championship in the last 5 years worth more than £250k.

He's in the last year of his contract. Football finance is very tight and is only going to get tighter.

Good deal, in the circumstances I think, and if there's any chance of a sell-on windfall later, so much the better.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 20:29

Quote:

AdamAntsParsStripe, Thu 09 Jul 20:20

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Thu 9 Jul 20:03

Quote:

Quote:

What's that got to do with it? He's under contract so not his call to make.

Don’t be silly. He can come back in October, have a “slight Injury” and sign a pre-contract with a club 12 weeks later. If he’s not interested then we lose completely.

Imagine the criticism the board takes when he leaves for nothing having contributed zilch!

You need to understand that players have the power to make the call that forces the clubs hand.

Taking 250k on a free transfer is excellent business and credit to the manager and board for making this happen.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 20:40

Gutted to see him go and £250k is ridiculously low but no-one is going to give us anywhere near what we’re looking for and he’s clearly looking to move so good luck to him.

I’ve heard a lot of players mentioned but the one I’d be trying for is Nathan Austin - with a decent supply he’d score a barrowload and we’d soon have a new hero.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 21:01

For a championship player with only a year left on contract and in context of current environment with covid19 etc i'd say £250k isn't bad at all.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Blackandwhiteblood  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 21:16

I would be very surprised if the fee is disclosed to newspaper's or anyone on . net.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 21:17

That 250k will help to fund our team for this season.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 21:23

Quote:

Blackandwhiteblood, Thu 9 Jul 21:16

I would be very surprised if the fee is disclosed to newspaper's or anyone on . net.

Hold the phone. Are you suggesting that we shouldn't believe everything to be read in the papers.

I'm shocked

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Kebab  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 21:54

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Thu 9 Jul 23:14

https://dafc.net/forum/read.php?f=1&i=1790375&t=1790275#reply_1790375

Hibs deal was agreed in January

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Thu 09 Jul 23:15)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 00:08

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Thaipar  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 00:12

Quote:

Pars Kebab, Fri 10 Jul 00:08

Laying off staff and can afford to buy Nisbet ? Bizarre . If we have accepted £250k then we must be in absolutely dire straits . A shocking bit of business.

Muppet springs to mind.

Please don't book me Admin, it will ruin my life.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 00:15

Quote:

Pars Kebab, Fri 10 Jul 00:08

Laying off staff and can afford to buy Nisbet ? Bizarre . If we have accepted £250k then we must be in absolutely dire straits . A shocking bit of business.

Trying too hard neebs.🙄

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 00:17

Called budgeting
Take feom the left give to the right 😂😂😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 00:31

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 00:34

Quote:

Pars Kebab, Fri 10 Jul 00:31

Accepting 250k for a £1m + player? Absolutely seething if this is the case.

You dont know whats been accepted .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad123  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 00:48

Quote:

>
> Accepting 250k for a £1m + player? Absolutely seething if this
> is the case.

So what do we do? Just leave him to play out the rest of his contract and let him go for absolutely nothing.

Who is going to pay £1m for a Scottish Championship player with less than a year left on his contract in the current climate.

£250k is massive for a club of our size.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 01:02

<<£250k is massive for a club of our size.>>

Correct. It will make a world of difference to our financial position.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 01:45

In the current circumstances I think we just have to accept the fact he's going to go for less than us fans wanted, Ross for that matter too. But 250k for a player we picked up off the wee team a year ago for free? Not bad.

Boy wants to move on to better things, good luck to him. I'm very much sure working with Jack Ross n John Potter will be a fantastic move for him, players like Stevie Mallan, Scott Allan and Martin Boyle around, he'll flourish in that Hibs team.

Just thankful he's not ending up at Dundee Utd or with that Steven Pressley wannabe lookalike Neilson.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mr P  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 08:24

The courier this morning intimates that Nisbet has signed a four year deal at Hibs and should be concluded today. i am certain that Ross and the board will have a clause in there should he move if its four years.

we have to move on now and look forward, it would have been great if he stayed and signed an extension but after January that was never going to happen. good luck to the lad.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 08:28

Quote:

Accepting 250k for a £1m + player? Absolutely seething if this is the case.

Oh, i can almost hear the seething ........
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DRreturns  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 08:40

Sky sports news confirming his departure. All the best to him!

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 08:50

There's no way anyone at Hibs is revealing the details of the deal given they just cut their wage bill.

£250k would seem low in January but not right now. There was a risk he'd stay (clearly wanted away) and sign a pre-contract in January to go for nothing.

How are Dundee Utd doing with selling Shankland?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 08:51

The courier just reported Hearts had met our valuation for Nisbet offering higher wages but he turned them down since his mind was set on playing in the premiership under Jack Ross and Potter
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 09:00

A player's only worth £1m if somebody's prepared to pay that for him and it's pretty obvious no club is.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 09:01

I'm happier that he is going to Hibs. The management there are decent men who will help his career. Indeed I think that he will get capped for Scotland now. Good luck Nizzy I hope you well in your future.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 09:05

Good move all round, in this climate too, a no grainer.

Good luck to him, he will do well, hopefully get a bigger move once eventually.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 09:23

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Fri 10 Jul 09:01

I'm happier that he is going to Hibs. The management there are decent men who will help his career. Indeed I think that he will get capped for Scotland now. Good luck Nizzy I hope you well in your future.

The sell on clause is the main thing for me.

Hibs are quite good at getting decent value for their players and not accepting low offers so if he does progress we might get a half decent pay day.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 09:30

A realistic transaction in the current market.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 09:34

If he bangs the goals in the Premiership, some English club will offer daft money for him. We make a £1mil + profit from the sell on clause. Boom. Happy days.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ianoappar  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 09:42

Player was desperate to leave no other option but to sell him on for the offer received.
Can't have a player not happy,board done what was best for the club and Nisbet.
Good luck to him .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 09:49

I'm kinda hoping he wasn't desperately unhappy with us, just best for both parties that he moved on to a good club for a decent fee.

Good luck to him

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 09:58

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 10:02

On website now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 10:04

Absolutely correct decision from the board. 250k to help the club in these unprecedented times plus enabling them to invest in the squad. Scottish fitba is where it should be at the moment
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 10:05

Confirmed, best deal for both parties, as long as we got a sell on and at least £250k not sure how much more you could hope for given he has less than a year on his contract. You don't want to keep an unhappy player around. Best of luck to him hope he scores goals for fun and gets us a sell on fee 🤣
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 10:06

Confirmed, all the best Kevin.

Getting a significant fee when we have 1 window left or lose him for free and potentially only play 8-10 games for us before that window.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 10:10

Has the fee been confirmed anywhere?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rikaka  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 10:15

Good luck to him. Decent player and deserves a crack at the premiership after recovering his career at Raith and continuing the work here

Glad the club have stick to their word by not standing in his way.

Hopefully the first of many in our new model.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 10:18

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 10:20

It's just a little unhealthy to get seething at a made up version of reality.

Especially when you're making up the reality just so that you can seethe.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 10:21

''I have zero faith that the board will have negotiated a decent sell on fee. They have been shafted ''

How can you possibly know that?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: M-PAR  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 10:21

The courier reporting a “substantial sell-on clause”.

COYP!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Cleveland12  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 10:23

Shut yer hole kebab. Tiresome pihs on repeat.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 10:23

I have zero faith in the Courier's version of events...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 10:29

''Meanwhile, The Courier can reveal that the East End Park club are extremely satisfied with the deal they negotiated with Hibs for Nisbet.

As well as the six-figure fee up front, there is a substantial sell-on clause which could prove to be lucrative if Nisbet’s career rise continues.''
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 10:31

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 10:31

Good luck Kevin

Looks like the club's policy regarding signing players that could be developed to play at a higher level and sell on for profit
is working. This could be a major income stream going forward, look at Hamilton.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stoo  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 10:33

Ach well at least thats it done and out the way now.

He's some pler, if he stays injury free he is going to make a big step up out of Hibs and the reported sell on fee will come good.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 10:33

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 10:39

Pars Kebab wrote:

> Eh Cleveland leave me you details and we can arrange to meet up
> . Lizzie at 2pm ?

Is that for a frank exchange of views...?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 10:41

Good luck to him. He did very well for us and the money will help to reshape the team for next season

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ft media  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 10:59

Topic Originator: Pars Kebab like | nolike
Date: Fri 10 Jul 10:33

Eh Cleveland leave me you details and we can arrange to meet up . Lizzie at 2pm ?

Absolute roaster... just blethering out your erchie previously...

Your brain can't catch up with what your fingers have been typing!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 11:08

<<Eh Cleveland leave me you details and we can arrange to meet up . Lizzie at 2pm ?>>

PMSL

It's been quite a while since we've had a keyboard warrior on dotnet. So take a bow, pars kebab. We love a right hard nut here.

:)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 11:16

Bet he wouldn't say that to Adam Warlock

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsgooner  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 11:31

Best of luck to him. He done well for us and deserves the chance to test himself in a better league. We've received fair compensation for him and hopefully it funds a few players to make a more well rounded squad for next season.

Forever the Big team
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 11:49

Good luck Kev..........

If what I'm hearing of my Hibee mole is correct we have done very well out this deal.

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 11:52

From the BBC Sport website:-

''The Scottish Premiership club say they faced competition from rival clubs in Scotland and England.''
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 11:56

"If what I'm hearing of my Hibee mole is correct we have done very well out this deal."

You mean to say there's a chance that the number thrown around, which then became perceived wisdom, might not be 100% accurate. I am pretty shocked to hear that.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 12:07

Sad to see him go 😔
Awrabest Kev

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 12:34

Thanks for the service Kev, glad you got your move. Hibs are a good club at this point in your career. I don't think you will be in the SPFL too long before a really big move down south

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 12:49

Can I just remind Pars Kebab and Cleveland that they must keep socially distant whilst meeting for a spot of lunch at the Lizzie?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 12:52

Quote:

Pars Kebab, Fri 10 Jul 10:33

Eh Cleveland leave me you details and we can arrange to meet up . Lizzie at 2pm ?

How much would you have taken for him 250k probably a take it or leave it last offer. He didn't want to stay and he wouldnt have signed a new deal and went for free so only decision we had.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 12:53

Quote:

Pars Kebab, Fri 10 Jul 10:33

Is dotnet now a dating site?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 12:59

I think it's more accurate to say there was still lots of interest in Nisbet and, yes, the player wanted to go but The Pars got a good deal from it.

We certainly weren't up against it on deadline day and presented with the choice of him leaving for a paltry sum or risking him going for nothing.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 13:27

All seething must be conducted with facemask worn and maintaining social distancing.

None of us wish to catch this condition.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mon-pa  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 15:36

We all knew it was going to happen; just a bit glad he did not follow the rest of our previous strikers up the tangerine brick road, or decided for jambo land. Wish Kevin all the best with this next challenge with the hibees and hope he gets a barrowload against the old and new firms.

ARTY
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 16:42

My thoughts EXACTLY Mon-Pa,

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 16:49

Good on him for going where he feels he'll develop rather than where the money is. If nothing else, I'm glad he won't be playing against us!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mon-pa  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 16:56

. . . . . .... this season ...

ARTY
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Fri 10 Jul 16:58

A club in DAFC's position should always sell a striker when he's hot.
An injury can finish a career and leave the club with a 2-year wage bill, and lots of strikers have one good season, but no more - very few bang in loads of goals year after year. Probably even fewer make a successful rise of two divisions over two seasons.
Nisbet has the potential to do all that, which is a credit to him and to the DAFC coaching. He's got the talent, the build and an eye for goal, and he seems to have his head screwed on, so I do think he's a potential international.
DAFC was only ever a staging post in his career, and it's a credit to the Manager and Board that they saw the potential and seem to have realised a decent profit, hopefully with more to come.
Good luck, Kevin.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters' Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: halbe  
Date:   Sat 11 Jul 10:34

Where would a mid table team like Hibs have found the the money to pay anything like what Nisbet was worth?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sat 11 Jul 11:25

I think at the end of the day whatever the Pars received it would be a balance on what Hibs were prepared to pay and what Dunfermline thought he was worth to them. Kevin wanted to move on and his time at Dunfermline has been beneficial to both. As SC said we are a development club so players will move on. The good things I see reading between the lines are that the morale has improved, players want to come here because there are opportunities for them to improve, we can bring in experienced players to start out their coaching careers, and we look better organised for the start of the season. Its the most optimistic I have been for a good few years. You have to get the foundation right before you build so it looks very positive.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sat 11 Jul 11:32

And a balance between what Hibs could pay vs what they were prepare to offer as a sell-on.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: livipar2  
Date:   Sat 11 Jul 11:55

My Hibbee mate reckoned a 30% sell on clause.

Mon the Pars!!!!!!!!!!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sat 11 Jul 12:03

Sportsound with Billy Dodds recon Nisbet will have to take a wage deferral, as the rest of the changing room will be unhappy with a club that asked players to reduce or defer there wages ,then paying a six figure fee ,and then whatever wages Nisbet will be on .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alan  
Date:   Sat 11 Jul 12:08

The 30% sell on clause was mentioned on pie and Bovril. I was a disappointed with the reported fee initially, but if that sell on percentage is true then that's a fantastic deal for the club. if his career progresses as expected and he moves on from Hibs for a large fee we could be in line for a massive fee.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sat 11 Jul 12:10

Was certainly surprised he went to Hibs. Got a mate who's a big hibee and he reckoned the club were really skint... Obviously not that skint... But then they're asking players to take wage cuts.
The world makes no sense sometimes 🤣

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sat 11 Jul 12:15

Not out of the reckoning that if he scores 15-20 goals per season for a couple of seasons (ala Sam Cosgrove) that he could go for 3 million.

At that Nisbet becomes our best ever bit of business.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Jul 12:18

Did we not get some sell-on money from Bamba?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sat 11 Jul 12:23

We did but I don't know how much.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Jul 12:30

If 30% is true and he does anything remotely close to Cosgrove, he'll also be an international player which can only add to his price. £2-3 million down south or to one of the old firm in a couple years and we'll get a great fee
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Sat 11 Jul 13:28

Hibs have sold over 10,000 season tickets so there's a few million to start with. They're also expecting money for Kamberi.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sat 11 Jul 19:18

No doubt there will be all sorts of clauses, no of first team appearances, international appearances etc. I would be pretty sure the Pars have done quite well.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Jul 20:07

🎶Who needs Kevin Nisbet when we've got Dom Thomas🎶
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sun 12 Jul 01:23

Be interested to see how he gets on both in his own right and also in comparison to Shankland now they will both be making a step up.

Also keen to see what sort of formation Hibs' adopt with him in the team. I know a couple of Sunderland fans and one of the main issues with Jack Ross, in their minds, was an insistence to play 4-5-1.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sun 12 Jul 01:53

Doidge had a great season last season so would assume Nesbit will play up front in a two with him. Kamberi looks to be offski back to Rangers and Porteous looks to be heading to Galatasary for a big fee so that may account for the money they are splashing for Nesbit.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 Jul 15:18

Doidge is murder

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Jul 12:58

Some Hibs fans seem quite angry that they've signed Nisbet whilst cutting wages. Fair point but could argue Nisbet is an investment.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Mon 13 Jul 13:24

Quote:

jake89, Mon 13 Jul 12:58

Some Hibs fans seem quite angry that they've signed Nisbet whilst cutting wages. Fair point but could argue Nisbet is an investment.

I could imagine if I was an existing player who had my wages cut, and my employer then spent a lot of money on a new player, presumably on good wages, then I would be a bit annoyed. Their manager will have his work cut out keeping them all happy
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Mon 13 Jul 13:28

I would have thought wages and signing budgets would be different?
Nisbet will be on far less money than most first team players as well, even with those players taking reductions.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Mon 13 Jul 13:43

"Some Hibs fans seem quite angry that they've signed Nisbet whilst cutting wages. Fair point but could argue Nisbet is an investment."

Has anyone spoken Amy MacDonald about this........ ;-)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Jul 19:05

Quote:

Lambo1885, Mon 13 Jul 13:43

"Some Hibs fans seem quite angry that they've signed Nisbet whilst cutting wages. Fair point but could argue Nisbet is an investment."

Has anyone spoken Amy MacDonald about this........ ;-)

I keep meaning to ask her view on Dundee. She's been strangely quiet on the matter since her partner for punted.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Jul 20:47

Porteous to Galatasaray....been reading the gossip/rumour columns neebur?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parallel Lines  
Date:   Mon 13 Jul 22:46

Nisbet took a reduction in the pay offered in January toocwhar was offered now.

I looked for my pet in all the books on animals and birds and then I found it in the Book of Revelations.Marty Feldman
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Mon 13 Jul 23:10

I seen that on sky sports.. how could he have been offered wages in Jan when we turned the offers down?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Tue 14 Jul 00:13

Quote:

RMGpar, Mon 13 Jul 23:10

I seen that on sky sports.. how could he have been offered wages in Jan when we turned the offers down?

He'll have been allowed to discuss personal terms in case a late offer got accepted.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Tue 14 Jul 09:45

Ah I always thought they couldn't discus personal terms until a offer was accepted
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Jul 16:26

Straight from the horse's mouth!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53392864
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Jul 17:30

I wonder if he has fully recovered since he got hurt against Dundee Utd. I don't think he kicked a ball for us since he got hurt.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net