DAFC.net
Home 12 August 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 SFA charge Hearts & Partick Thistle
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Tue 14 Jul 16:55

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53405293

For breaking the SPFL rules of taking a case to court
Thistle have issued a joint statement after receiving a Notice of Complaint

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: SFA charge Hearts & Partick Thistle
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 14 Jul 17:03

Just when we thought it couldn't get any more bizarre.....

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Tue 14 Jul 17:09

Don't know why hearts claim to be incredulous. Its in the rules which they must have read.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Tue 14 Jul 17:18

^^ because they want it to be dealt with at a timescale that suits them basically. sorry it doesnt work that way! the meltdown from the 3 lots of fans, the 3rd being Rangers of course at this news is hilarious!

SFA rules broken, SFA hands out notice of complaint, this was always coming so it shouldnt be a surprise, however i doubt any punishment will be stronger than a slap on the wrist which will be doubling up as a warning to every club.

Post Edited (Tue 14 Jul 17:23)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Tue 14 Jul 17:24

They had to be charged otherwise FIFA would bring down punishment on the SFA as its in there articles that football maters will be dealt with outside the courts. They don’t want every team starting to do a “Budge” and think they can get there own way through legal action.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Tue 14 Jul 17:38

While I have some degree of sympathy with Hearts and Partick they definitely made a mistake starting off with going to court rather than arbitration first. The rules on that front seem pretty clear.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Tue 14 Jul 18:08

By the time the SFA deal with it the premier league will have kicked off...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KnebworthPar  
Date:   Tue 14 Jul 18:39

You couldn’t make this up. What an absolute bunch of belters the lot of them.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Tue 14 Jul 18:43

Expulsion from the 2021 Scottish Cup would be the punishment i think they should get the rules are clear
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Tue 14 Jul 20:24

I agree with others on here that this is an inevitable development. It's now a Mexican stand-off, with each party holding a gun to the other.

It sets the scene for a compromise settlement to come out of the arbitration process (and whatever conversations take place off-stage). The SFA will not impose any penalty on Hearts and Thistle, who in turn will drop their claim for compensation.

I don't know the terms of reference of the arbitration tribunal, but even if it is not permitted to take into consideration the SFA charge and awards some compensation, the SFA (SPFL?) could recover all/most of it in the amount of the fine.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters' Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 14 Jul 20:56

"Expulsion from the 2021 Scottish Cup would be the punishment i think they should get the rules are clear."

What if they were to win the 19/20 competition - if it gets completed ?

Unlikely, but possible.

Banning them from defending the trophy would be perpetuating the farce that has become Scottish Football.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Tue 14 Jul 20:59

I'd make hearts start with -10 points 🤑

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ben,D.A  
Date:   Tue 14 Jul 21:09

Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV like | nolike
Date: Tue 14 Jul 20:59

I'd make hearts start with -10 points 🤑

Dinny give AB any ideas, she might demand a +10 for relegation.

only 11 make the team,the rest can just but dream.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Tue 14 Jul 23:09

They knew the rules,and they voted for them. Now they have to face the consequences. Its all in black and white, excuse the pun.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mon-pa  
Date:   Wed 15 Jul 14:26

I think they will have points deducted.

ARTY
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Wed 15 Jul 15:00

Points will nog be deducted ,Its Hearts afterall .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Wed 15 Jul 15:30

Points won't be deducted because it's an SFA rule they broke and they don't run the leagues.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mon-pa  
Date:   Wed 15 Jul 16:20

cheers for info. It would have been the easiest way to penalise them. I cannot see them ever banning either team, I would not be happy with that, and I suspect many other footy fans would feel the same.

ARTY
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Jul 18:26

Quote:

Mon-pa, Wed 15 Jul 16:20

cheers for info. It would have been the easiest way to penalise them. I cannot see them ever banning either team, I would not be happy with that, and I suspect many other footy fans would feel the same.

Banning a club for fighting it's corner? That would be preposterous. As others have said, I wouldn't have been happy if the Pars had been in that position and meekly accepted their relegation.

I still believe they should have suspended relegation this season and gone for either 14-10-10-10 or 12-12-10-10 for, say 3 seasons - and then evaluate the set up and vote to keep it or change back, but with at least one year before any change came into effect.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Wed 15 Jul 18:44

Quote:

GG Riva, Wed 15 Jul 18:26

Quote:

Banning a club for fighting it's corner? That would be preposterous. As others have said, I wouldn't have been happy if the Pars had been in that position and meekly accepted their relegation.

I still believe they should have suspended relegation this season and gone for either 14-10-10-10 or 12-12-10-10 for, say 3 seasons - and then evaluate the set up and vote to keep it or change back, but with at least one year before any change came into effect.

GG RIVA
Thats what i thought would have been a solution ,too much greed unfortunatly from certain clubs
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Wed 15 Jul 18:53

Quote:

GG Riva, Wed 15 Jul 18:26

Quote:

It's all about the money
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Wed 15 Jul 19:15

Quote:

Stanza, Tue 14 Jul 20:24

I agree with others on here that this is an inevitable development. It's now a Mexican stand-off, with each party holding a gun to the other.

🤣

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 15 Jul 21:08

Who are the Scottish FA?

The Scottish FA is the governing body for football in Scotland. It is a members’ organisation, made up of 89 clubs and nine affiliated regional associations. There are six affiliated national associations and five recognised leagues.
The Scottish FA is a member of UEFA and FIFA and holds a position on the International Football Association Board (IFAB), the body that determines the Laws of the Game.

What We Do
The Scottish FA exists to promote, foster and develop the game at all levels in this country.

Founded in 1873, Scottish football’s governing body has recently undergone the most radical changes in its history, enabling us to lead the game into a new era.

The launch of our strategic plan Scotland United: A 2020 Vision outlines the ambition, values and goals that underpin the organisation and its many facets.
The plan encompasses four strategic pillars:

•    Perform and Win
•    Strong Quality Growth
•    Better financial returns
•    Respected and Trusted to Lead

Oh Jings
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Wed 15 Jul 21:10

I don't get the thinking at all that you suspend relegation but give promotions? Where does the fairness come around in that?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Wed 15 Jul 21:18

Too much sympathy on here for hearts.
Rank rotten for years. They broke 1 of the SFAs rules and must now pay the price.
Mini Huns to boot
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Jul 21:45

Quote:

Grant, Wed 15 Jul 21:10

I don't get the thinking at all that you suspend relegation but give promotions? Where does the fairness come around in that?

It's impossible to be totally fair to everyone when a season is unable to be completed, but clubs will happily accept the reward for being top of the table when football stopped, but not to be punished for being at the foot, arguing - with some justification - that there was still time to pull themselves out of trouble.

It could and perhaps should have been the solution which would have caused the least unhappiness. Unfortunately, the SPFL did not lead the clubs it's supposed to serve very well and this dog's dinner is the result.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Jul 21:51

Quote:

BigJPar, Wed 15 Jul 21:18

Rank rotten for years. They broke 1 of the SFAs rules and must now pay the price.
Mini Huns to boot

BigJ, you're letting your dislike of Hearts affect your good sense and judgement. Hearts were undoubtedly the poorest team in the Premiership when football was stopped, but it is perfectly feasible that they could have saved themselves in the remaining games. As someone else pointed out, they had played all their games v the top 2, while those above them had not. Partick's situation was even more complex.

Would you hold the same view if the Pars had been in Hearts (or Partick's) place?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Wed 15 Jul 22:01

Quote:

GG Riva, Wed 15 Jul 21:51

Quote:

Mini Huns to boot

BigJ, you're letting your dislike of Hearts affect your good sense and judgement. Hearts were undoubtedly the poorest team in the Premiership when football was stopped, but it is perfectly feasible that they could have saved themselves in the remaining games. As someone else pointed out, they had played all their games v the top 2, while those above them had not. Partick's situation was even more complex.

Would you hold the same view if the Pars had been in Hearts (or Partick's) place?

I won't hide the fact I have no time for hearts or their supporters.
They have been unlucky the pandemic happened when it did. They aren't unlucky they were bottom of the league.
They clubs voted for what's happened, that's the way it works.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Wed 15 Jul 22:32

Quote:

Mini Huns to boot

Hear hear. Boot them out of Scottish Fitba and into the Isle of Man League or something. Horrible club and fans.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Thu 16 Jul 07:55

"that there was still time to pull themselves out of trouble"

And on the flip side of that there was still a chance other teams could've won titles or promotion.

If you're handing out titles you have to have relegation, unfortunately for them Hearts and Partick are the losers in this situation

Going over old rope here but, while I'm not against league reconstruction it needed to be done for the right reasons, and include a redistribution of prize money, not just a knee jerk to Hearts being shiote.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Jul 09:03

Quote:

Lambo1885, Thu 16 Jul 07:55

"that there was still time to pull themselves out of trouble"

And on the flip side of that there was still a chance other teams could've won titles or promotion.

If you're handing out titles you have to have relegation, unfortunately for them Hearts and Partick are the losers in this situation

Going over old rope here but, while I'm not against league reconstruction it needed to be done for the right reasons, and include a redistribution of prize money, not just a knee jerk to Hearts being shiote.

Can't argue with any of your logic, Lambo, but there are plenty of instances when we've had promotions and titles awarded but no relegation in previous years, mainly involving the top flight of course.

Post Edited (Thu 16 Jul 09:04)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gareth Keenan Investigates  
Date:   Thu 16 Jul 09:27

No sympathy what so ever. Do you remember either of these teams rallying round us when we went into admin and were hit with a greater points deduction than Rangers were mere years earlier? Did they fck! Partick fans actually tried to goad us on the pitch. Did we greet about it for months on end given that there was already a clear precedent set for this and it wasn't followed? No we took our medicine. Would personally enjoy seeing either, or preferably both of them, fold given their attitudes.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Thu 16 Jul 10:23

Quote:

GG Riva, Wed 15 Jul 21:45

Quote:

Grant, Wed 15 Jul 21:10

It's impossible to be totally fair to everyone when a season is unable to be completed, but clubs will happily accept the reward for being top of the table when football stopped, but not to be punished for being at the foot, arguing - with some justification - that there was still time to pull themselves out of trouble.

It could and perhaps should have been the solution which would have caused the least unhappiness. Unfortunately, the SPFL did not lead the clubs it's supposed to serve very well and this dog's dinner is the result.

There was also still time for the clubs at the top to surrender their title, Raith have been given the trophy despite being 1 point ahead of Falkirk, how would that be fair but Stranraer, who were miles adrift being relegated isn't? Do we do it on a case by case basis?

The league structure now is as good as we're going to get, I say this as a degree of certainty because before this all kicked off there was no appetite to change it, and what's the point in temporarily changing it just to advantage a couple of teams? A 14-10-10-10 structure would involve ICT getting promoted, why do they deserve it more than any of the other sides challenging for the playoffs?

The outcome we came too was the fairest solution Imo.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 16 Jul 11:12

The Raith and Falkirk scenario is not fair on the latter.

Falkirk were only one point behind and had one game in hand - and the teams were still due to play each other.

Falkirk had a much superior goal difference, 20 more than Raith.

If that had been us in their position this forum would have gone ballistic !!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Thu 16 Jul 11:39

Quote:

veteraneastender, Thu 16 Jul 11:12

The Raith and Falkirk scenario is not fair on the latter.

Falkirk were only one point behind and had one game in hand - and the teams were still due to play each other.

Falkirk had a much superior goal difference, 20 more than Raith.

If that had been us in their position this forum would have gone ballistic !!!

They didn't have a game in hand.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net