DAFC.net
Home 12 August 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 SPFL Board
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 20 Jul 13:19

Big Bad Ross McArthur has bullied his way back on to the SPFL Board but no place for the man from ICT.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53456255
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: SPFL Board
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Mon 20 Jul 13:42

Obviously threatened the voters..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 20 Jul 15:15

Do members have to stand down after a fixed period of service on the board - or is there an open ended voting procedure with no such conditions ?

Just asking in case the Govan crew make a conspiracy case now that one of the Ibrox mafia has been "eliminated" and one of the Parkhead made men has joined.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Mon 20 Jul 15:29

Its a vote by each of the teams in the each eague i believe with the Celtic and Rangers representatives swapping every season as per their agreement
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 20 Jul 15:36

Quote:

RossF, Mon 20 Jul 13:42

Obviously threatened the voters..

Naw, he didnae, Ross.

He just made them an offer they couldn't refuse.....

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Mon 20 Jul 16:23

There is no limit on years, just need to be voted in each year. Celtic and Rangers have a year apiece.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ben,D.A  
Date:   Mon 20 Jul 16:41

Topic Originator: dafc like | nolike
Date: Mon 20 Jul 16:23

There is no limit on years, just need to be voted in each year. Celtic and Rangers have a year apiece.

Does that mean everyone has to be voted on board apart from the 'Big Two' as they have an automatic year around?

only 11 make the team,the rest can just but dream.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 20 Jul 18:49

The Celtic and Rangers "revolving doors cycle" is a right stitch up.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Mon 20 Jul 19:25

I'm pleased to see Ross McArthur re-elected to the board, and the fact that other club representatives in our division preferred him to one of those clowns from Inverness perhaps indicates that the way things were handled this summer was not the 'absolute shambles' that many have been keen to portray.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ben,D.A  
Date:   Mon 20 Jul 19:58

Respect for that Socks. My difficulty is maybe having to accept who is allowed to stand and who can vote for or against the top league. Do both spit and splat have an automatic entry regardless of the votes for every other team or league. What if no 'Premier' club voted for either, will it be toys out pram and look for somewhere else to play. With the voting system we have the whole of scottish football needs looked at, from the top of the organization, that earn more in a year than some clubs can't earn in a decade.
Rant, rant, rant. Slowly but surely the good working man's game is going, going, ggggg.........

Me and my bad spelling...:(

only 11 make the team,the rest can just but dream.

Post Edited (Tue 21 Jul 12:51)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parahandy  
Date:   Mon 20 Jul 23:50

Divisional reps are elected every year for a one year term. 3 reps for Premier, 2 for Championship, 1 for L1/2 who also have an alternate. Only clubs in the relevant divisions vote for their division’s candidates. Premier clubs have 3 votes and have to choose 3 candidates to vote for. Any candidate elected must have 66% support ie 8 votes. There is no automatic vote or place for either of the Old Firm but they alternate putting forward a candidate. They are generally elected because Premier clubs tend to try and have a rep from the 2 big clubs and the other two tend come from a stable longer term Premier or larger club and clubs with championship experience - a balance of representation. If there are more than 3 Premier candidates, the person coming bottom of the vote drops out and a further vote is taken until there are 3 left who hit 66%. In theory even in a three horse race a candidate could possibly not meet the 66% threshold due to abstentions - there are only votes for not against
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 21 Jul 00:00

He'll be up at Dundee and Inverness threatening to pan windows in again
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Tue 21 Jul 07:48

With Ross on board,the average IQ has just doubled........
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 21 Jul 08:43

"My difficulty is maybe having to accept who is aloud to stand and who can vote for or against the top league."

C'mon Ben - it's not a shouting contest !!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Wed 22 Jul 06:03

<<The Celtic and Rangers "revolving doors cycle" is a right stitch up.>>

It's an unpleasant analogy, I know, but I would liken the Old Firm's relationship to the other clubs in the SPFL as the knee of that policeman on George Floyd's neck.

They are strangling the life out of Scottish football.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 22 Jul 06:19

Quote:

OzPar, Wed 22 Jul 06:03

<<The Celtic and Rangers "revolving doors cycle" is a right stitch up.>>

It's an unpleasant analogy, I know, but I would liken the Old Firm's relationship to the other clubs in the SPFL as the knee of that policeman on George Floyd's neck.

They are strangling the life out of Scottish football.

Not the happiest of analogies, as you yourself concede, Oz, but while I agree with you to some extent, I feel that there's a lack of will among the other league clubs - particularly those in the Premiership - to stand up to these two, instead of meekly aquiescing to everything they demand. They seem to be quite happy to sit at the top table and make do with any scraps. Those in the lower leagues don't even get scraps - just a few crumbs, but without the support of the 10 in the top flight, they're powerless to do anything about it. A glaring example is the TV money distribution.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net