DAFC.net
Home 12 August 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Would you?
Topic Originator: 13en  
Date:   Wed 22 Jul 20:07

How’s Jackson Longridge getting on down south? don’t think it’s quite worked out for him down there. Would you’s take him back or have any other ideas on left backs we could get in?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Would you?
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 22 Jul 20:25

Absolutely take him back

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Wed 22 Jul 20:39

Good player, but not a position we're going to be strengthening IMO. We've got Martin, Murray, Edwards and Whittaker who can all cover there.

For me, I can't see us signing any more defenders unless we get an injury before the season starts. A goalkeeper has to be the priority, then another midfielder if we still have budget.

With our season starting later than the Prem, there are likely to be some out of favour players available on loan. I think a new GK is probably the only actual signing we'll make before our pre-season starts.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Wed 22 Jul 21:07

Quote:

DBA, Wed 22 Jul 20:39

Good player, but not a position we're going to be strengthening IMO. We've got Martin, Murray, Edwards and Whittaker who can all cover there.

For me, I can't see us signing any more defenders unless we get an injury before the season starts. A goalkeeper has to be the priority, then another midfielder if we still have budget.

With our season starting later than the Prem, there are likely to be some out of favour players available on loan. I think a new GK is probably the only actual signing we'll make before our pre-season starts.

Agreed. Goalie will probably be our last signing with a couple of loans along the way from Hibs.

If you only turn up to moan then do it elsewhere
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Wed 22 Jul 21:10

1. we dont need another left back.

2. he is a wing back, not a left back imo.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Wed 22 Jul 21:18

Quote:

13en, Wed 22 Jul 20:07

How’s Jackson Longridge getting on down south? don’t think it’s quite worked out for him down there. Would you’s take him back or have any other ideas on left backs we could get in?

Depends, can he play in goals?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Thu 23 Jul 06:18

Very capable player who would be an asset to any team in our league,

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gareth Keenan Investigates  
Date:   Thu 23 Jul 09:14

Garbage at all aspects of defending except winning headers. Martin ten times better at left back in a back four. No chance. Murray much better also.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Thu 23 Jul 10:40

Could easily play further up the pitch. We are not blessed with many natural left footers.

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Aylesbury_Par  
Date:   Thu 23 Jul 10:40

He seemed to deteriorate with every game - maybe down to AJ rather than ability as he was impressive when he first arrived.

The amount of times he would 'pass' the ball out for a throw in was ridiculous!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 23 Jul 11:00

So it was AJ's fault he couldn't keep the ball in play??!!

I thought there was a lot he could have improved on defensively but the fact is another club was prepared to pay a fee for his services. They would probably be looking for some compensation if we wanted him back. If we're following a development policy we've got to give players like Edwards the chance to progress.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Thu 23 Jul 13:25

We have Lewis Martin there. Not needed.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Aylesbury_Par  
Date:   Thu 23 Jul 16:44

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 23 Jul 11:00

So it was AJ's fault he couldn't keep the ball in play??!!

FFS Wee Eck - cant you see my post made 2 distinct points, clearly separated by a space and new paragraph??!!

Do you ever wonder why you seem to be arguing with nearly everyone in your posts? Do you think there is a common denominator somewhere?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 23 Jul 16:59

''Arguing with nearly everyone?'' - I can't say I've noticed.

Your original post still seems a bit illogical to me. I presumed you meant his inability to keep the ball in play was evidence of his deterioration. Despite this perceived deterioration under AJ Bradford City were prepared to pay a fee for him based on that season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 23 Jul 20:13

The only reason Bradford paid a fee was due to Hopkin being in charge who fancied Longridge as a player and previously worked with him in his preferred system as a manager so that's that point chucked in the bin wee eck.

For anyone to deny there was a clear deterioration in Longridge and many other players as that season progressed under AJs guidance is beyond farcical. Terrible results and individual performances snowballed then AJ was replaced and we eventually go on a run of five wins to keep us safe but you still have people who refuse to admit AJ can do any wrong. Incredible.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 23 Jul 20:47

There are also people who refuse to acknowledge that AJ got us out of League 1 with entertaining football after we'd toiled there for two seasons.

What does it matter that Hopkin was the manager at Bradford? It's not uncommon for clubs to sign players on the manager's recommendation; in fact it's a big part of his job.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 23 Jul 21:21

So you agree the only reason Bradford paid a fee for him is due to Hopkin liking him and working with him before? Perfect thanks.

The point about league one is garbage tbh. AJs first season is when we had recovered better from admin and had a far greater budget than the two years previous. And quite frankly we were turgid from Christmas that season and performances dropped right off.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Thu 23 Jul 21:30

Jackson scoping out his next move here...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 23 Jul 21:35

The rewriting of history when it comes to us 'struggling' in League One from the AJ fan club is also bizarre. We had one poor season when we were still financially crippled and ended with a rookie in charge which turned out to be a bad appointment at the time. The season before we would have cantered the league with a bunch of kids if Rangers hadn't been in the league so spare us the birthday card p!sh painting AJ as the great saviour of the club. Look at how he performs on an even keel financially in this league. One top four finish and nearly dragging a QOS side with the best player in the league into relegation. He's abysmal.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 23 Jul 21:37

Can Gareth Keenan Investigates be barred please--totally obvious troll
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Thu 23 Jul 21:41

Got to agree, AJ was WASH
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 23 Jul 22:01

'Can Gareth Keenan Investigates be barred please--totally obvious troll'

Banned for what exactly? Can't see what I've said that constitutes trolling? If you disagree with something I've said feel free to post a rebuttal. Thought this was a forum for discussion, won't get much of that if you demand members to be barred for posting something you don't like 🤷‍♂️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 23 Jul 22:02

I've no idea why Bradford paid a fee for Longridge. Unlike you I have no insider knowledge. He's not the first player who was signed by a manager with previous experience of managing him. Isn't this one of the reasons SC has signed Kevin O'Hara?

In the promotion season from League 1 we won 40 points in the first half of the season and 39 points in the second half scoring 83 goals in 36 games so we were pretty consistent. My recollection was the performances only dropped off once we had clinched promotion.

I doubt AJ had much of a budget when he got QOS into the Championship and I doubt their budget is on an 'even keel' with all the clubs in it now.

You're the one who's rewriting history. You obviously have a complex about him. He's 'abysmal' in your opinion but Potter was just 'a bad appointment'.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 23 Jul 22:10

Ok Potter was gash I agree but think he deserves a bit of slack considering he was thrown in mid season, first management job and didn't have much money to work with. The performances under him were woeful though so yes that season was a slog. The first season though we would have walked it but for Rangers.

I think AJ seems a nice guy but just don't get the accolades he garners on this site for essentially buying his way out of League One and doing nothing else of note but if you dare say anything like that you get accused of being a troll for some reason. His first Queens squad was the only full time team in the league at the time.

Good manager for getting out of League One no doubt but not the guy to take you to the next level and improve players imo. As I said though he genuinely seems a nice bloke so good luck to him, I'm more than happy we have went in a different direction.

Back to Longridge now please.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 23 Jul 22:27

I'm done discussing Longridge. If you read the posts you'll find I agreed with you about his defensive limitations. He possibly cost us as many goals as he scored or 'assisted'.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 23 Jul 23:00

There are a few people on here who always resort to "I thought this was a football forum to discuss things" yet are clearly incapable of discussing things without wee-man syndrome taking over.

AJ did what was asked of him year on year until his last season. That cannot be argued in any way, shape or form. It's pure speculation whether Potts would've made a good Pars manager. The facts are his spell in charge was an absolute disaster!

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Thu 23 Jul 23:02)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 24 Jul 09:30

Can only see one person with wee man syndrome throwing around personal comments about people in here while everyone else debates various points to be honest. Each to their own though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 24 Jul 10:15

Debate?! That's a laugh! It's your opinion and no one elses counts.

31 posts would suggest you're either relatively new to .net or masquerading as someone else because you got banned in a former guise? Smert

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Fri 24 Jul 10:16)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 24 Jul 10:36

No bother Quincy.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 24 Jul 15:32

Mentioned his name a month ago, good left foot, which is a rarity, handy player to have for midfield.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net