DAFC.net
Home 12 August 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 French Cup Final
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 25 Jul 07:11

To no one's great surprise, PSG beat St Etienne 1-0 to win the French Cup yesterday. More significantly perhaps, was the fact that some 5,000 fans were allowed into the 80,000 capacity stadium.

The BBC report states that the fans were able to sit apart. Have a look at the photo and see for yourselves.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53532177

Not your average Sunday League player.

Post Edited (Sat 25 Jul 07:12)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: French Cup Final
Topic Originator: gwh18  
Date:   Sat 25 Jul 07:46

Looks like the journalism we’ve come to expect. Regurgitated press release without looking at what actually happened. The pictures show why although it could happen in Scotland, why they won’t allow fans in at the moment.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Sat 25 Jul 09:00

Come on. It's a large family group.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Sat 25 Jul 13:57

I don't see any problem with this. The St Etienne fans in the photo look reasonably spaced apart. It looks like that area is less than half full.

It is also important to know that most regions in France allow up to 10 people to meet up socially, and a lot of the fans in the photos would be together watching the match on TV if they hadn't been in the stadium.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 25 Jul 18:56

Quote:

aaaaaaaaaargh, Sat 25 Jul 13:57

I don't see any problem with this. The St Etienne fans in the photo look reasonably spaced apart. It looks like that area is less than half full.

It is also important to know that most regions in France allow up to 10 people to meet up socially, and a lot of the fans in the photos would be together watching the match on TV if they hadn't been in the stadium.

Really? They all look well within hugging distance to me. I can just picture them all dancing up and down, in groups of two or more, if St Etienne had managed to score.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 25 Jul 19:13

The players certainly weren't observing social distancing in that melee in the first half.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ianbd6  
Date:   Sat 25 Jul 20:34

It does say they were able to sit apart they just didn't 😀. A good comparison would be the gig by Beverly knight at the London Palladium. I think they said it was about 40%capacity some were together so I guess they had booked together. For all seated stadia it coul work really well with pre booking only. Thinking of games when is the Betfred cup draw?.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kozmasrightfoot  
Date:   Sat 8 Aug 15:48

They were far too close to each other in my opinion.

Failed experiment.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net