DAFC.net
Home 12 August 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Jambos and Patrick doon
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 13:14

As it says, they've lost
PMSL
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Jambos and Patrick doon
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 13:16

Braw

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 13:26

now its a case of how much compensation they have been awarded if any....oh and the SFA disciplinary hearing although i still expect that to be a slap on the wrist and a suspended fine.

edit Keith Jackson at the Record tweeting no compensation whatsoever!

Post Edited (Mon 27 Jul 13:30)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 13:51

Let’s see what toys Ann Budge can chuck oot the pram now

Take on the chin before your club becomes even more hated than TheRangers2
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 13:56

Right decision
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 14:12

Wait, what, BBC Sportsound was wrong???

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parallel Lines  
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 14:22

Hearts will now mount a fresh legal challenge. Watch this space.

I looked for my pet in all the books on animals and birds and then I found it in the Book of Revelations.Marty Feldman
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 14:25

The ruling is binding Hearts can't challenge it
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ben,D.A  
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 14:26

Topic Originator: GJS93 like | nolike
Date: Mon 27 Jul 13:26

now its a case of how much compensation they have been awarded if any....oh and the SFA disciplinary hearing although i still expect that to be a slap on the wrist and a suspended fine.

Fine them the compensation. Roll on the new season.

only 11 make the team,the rest can just but dream.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 14:36

Quote:

dafc-chris1, Mon 27 Jul 14:25

The ruling is binding Hearts can't challenge it

They can challenge but it's pretty rare that courts would over turn an arbitration panel's decision so I'd be surprised if they did unless they thought there was something wrong from a procedure perspective.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gareth Keenan Investigates  
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 14:41

Be nice if they both go bust.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 15:58

The best thing about Hearts being relegated is absolutely everything.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 16:23

"They can challenge but it's pretty rare that courts would over turn an arbitration panel's decision so I'd be surprised if they did unless they thought there was something wrong from a procedure perspective"

Arbitration decision is binding. They could try going back to the Court of Session, but only if there is a legal issue with the Arbitration itself.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 16:24

Quote:

Gareth Keenan Investigates, Mon 27 Jul 14:41

Be nice if they both go bust.

Think you're the only person on here who seriously believes that. Says it all.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 16:25

Should fine them the amount it has cost the clubs that countered them
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 16:28

Quote:

kelty_par, Mon 27 Jul 16:23

"They can challenge but it's pretty rare that courts would over turn an arbitration panel's decision so I'd be surprised if they did unless they thought there was something wrong from a procedure perspective"

Arbitration decision is binding. They could try going back to the Court of Session, but only if there is a legal issue with the Arbitration itself.

I was saying the same thing but I've not articulated it as well you have. Hence the procedure reference.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 16:39

Surely this must be wrong? Queens Counsel advised Hearts that they had a strong case. 😉

So now they are left with the arbitration costs, high court costs and the disciplinary costs. Meanwhile the lawyers shrug their shoulders and present their bill.
It's a hard life...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 16:48

Interestingly, of the 5 teams who were in the bottom 5 places of the English Championship with 6 games to go, none were relegated. I don't think the decision was 'wrong' but, in retrospect, perhaps calling the season so early was premature? If we'd waited a bit, played the outstanding games like other countries have, we wouldn't have ended up in quite such an unsavoury position.

Regardless of your perspective - Doncaster's handling of this has been poor, and he should go.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 16:50

^ that's been my thinking for a while now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 17:10

You can't really applaud the decision then say Neil Doncaster did a poor job. He only carries out the decisions of the SPFL board. Understandably, he thinks he and they did a good job as shown by this quote :-

''SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster welcomed the "clear, comprehensive and unanimous decision".

He added: "I am absolutely delighted that our approach has been vindicated throughout, following an intense period of legal scrutiny and review.

"It has been a very demanding process, but I had complete confidence in the actions and decisions of the SPFL board and the SPFL executive team." ''
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 17:20

what other countries have done is irrelevant imo and it wasnt a premature decision as it was the only realistic option.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/message-to-the-partick-thistle-family/

had a good laugh at that i must say lol

Post Edited (Mon 27 Jul 17:26)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 17:26

Contact training was only allowed this month,to try and finish the season without impacting on season 20/21 and the associated costs via tv deal of not starting on time ,could not be done .
On the situation in England per relegated teams ,German football had by far more away wins the English football ,do you can not transfer another leagues results to ours .

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 17:35

'Think you're the only person on here who seriously believes that. Says it all.'

They tried to hold a gun to the heads of Scottish football and didn't care a jot for the provincial clubs who advised them holding up the season could put them out of business. Their fans sneer at the rest of us, wishing us to go bust and threaten boycotts. They claim our chairman is some kind of backhand crook who plotted against them and dragged the name of our club through the mud hoping it would stick. Get the brownie points off .net for being a ruddy good sport if you want chap. I'm happy with my stance and can 100% say there are plenty more people out there who feel the same as me. Thanks for taking the time to follow me around the forum again though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 17:40

I have always had a fondness for Partick Thistle. I think their statement was very fair given the circumstances.

I hope they are successful and make a quick return to the Championship. Ian McCall is a good manager and will surely get the team going again.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 18:34

What JHT123 said at 16:39.

I wonder if the two QCs that advised Thistle will take a pass on their nice little earners ?

So much for their expert advice !!!

No win, no fee doesn’t apply here presumably ?

The panel’s decision was unanimous, so the QC representing Hearts and PT will not be on the Tynecastle and Firhill Christmas card list !!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 18:35

Can’t see any compensation being awarded.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jock-par  
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 18:41

League 1 will be very interesting next season, with the difference in budgets available to clubs. I wouldn’t bet against cove running partick and Falkirk close at the top

We are Dunfermline, we're on our way back!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 18:57

Frankly, if we were in the shoes of Hearts or Partick, I reckon we’d feel badly treated too. I’m aware that a decision had to be taken and there was always going to be winners and losers. I can accept the outcome but I can also feel a modicum of sympathy for the teams that have lost out.

As for someone hoping they go bust - cast your mind back to where the Pars were relatively recently, it’s an awful situation and I wouldn’t wish it on another club.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 19:01

Quote:

Gareth Keenan Investigates, Mon 27 Jul 17:35

'Think you're the only person on here who seriously believes that. Says it all.'

They tried to hold a gun to the heads of Scottish football and didn't care a jot for the provincial clubs who advised them holding up the season could put them out of business. Their fans sneer at the rest of us, wishing us to go bust and threaten boycotts. They claim our chairman is some kind of backhand crook who plotted against them and dragged the name of our club through the mud hoping it would stick. Get the brownie points off .net for being a ruddy good sport if you want chap. I'm happy with my stance and can 100% say there are plenty more people out there who feel the same as me. Thanks for taking the time to follow me around the forum again though.

You do know that the absolute roasters on kickback and Pie & Bovril don't represent the views of every single Hearts & Partick fan, surely?

Maybe you do. Sad, really "champ"

Anyone who wants any club to go bust needs their head examined.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 19:11

Topic Originator: parfection like | nolike
Date: Mon 27 Jul 18:57
As for someone hoping they go bust - cast your mind back to where the Pars were relatively recently, it’s an awful situation and I wouldn’t wish it on another club.

Actually I’d be delighted if Therangers went bust, Hearts have started moaning and acting like them so while I wouldn’t like to see them go bust - I’d be quite happy to see them struggle for a bit because of the money they have spent and cost others due to this!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 19:18

Is the mocking of mental issues really required da_no_1 all because you disagree with a point I've made on a football forum? Wow. Says it all.

Partick I don't mind so much as they were clearly hoodwinked by Budge but Hearts can gtf. All their fans on forums, social media and in person have had a disgraceful attitude to the rest of Scottish football throughout all of this.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 19:32

Unfortunate for any club who goes down under the current circumstances. I think the bigger picture really needs to be league reconstruction as the traditionally larger clubs like ourselves, Hearts, Partick, Dundee, Raith etc. along with othe clubs are struggling financially. I am not sure how you get investment into the game especially under the current circumstances, but I imagine some clubs may go to the wall or go part time over the next 12 months.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 19:40

Quote:

parfection, Mon 27 Jul 18:57

Frankly, if we were in the shoes of Hearts or Partick, I reckon we’d feel badly treated too. I’m aware that a decision had to be taken and there was always going to be winners and losers. I can accept the outcome but I can also feel a modicum of sympathy for the teams that have lost out.

Not a bit of sympathy from me.
They were claiming £8,000,000 from the league, a chunk of which the pars would have ended up paying.
Nae luck mini sevco
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 19:44

Quote:

Gareth Keenan Investigates, Mon 27 Jul 19:18

Is the mocking of mental issues really required da_no_1 all because you disagree with a point I've made on a football forum? Wow. Says it all.

Partick I don't mind so much as they were clearly hoodwinked by Budge but Hearts can gtf. All their fans on forums, social media and in person have had a disgraceful attitude to the rest of Scottish football throughout all of this.

You're clearly on a fishing trip. No-one can be this stupid and angry all in one evening.

Either that or you're one precious little flower

Post Edited (Mon 27 Jul 19:45)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 19:54

Whatever mate. If you want to live like it's the 70s and use terms disparaging mental health/illness because someone said something on a football forum that says much more about your character than mine.

Back on topic I wonder if Hearts will play this ace up their sleeve and take this back to court like they've been claiming they will do all along 🤦‍♂️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 20:08

Quote:

Gareth Keenan Investigates, Mon 27 Jul 19:54

Whatever mate. If you want to live like it's the 70s and use terms disparaging mental health/illness because someone said something on a football forum that says much more about your character than mine.

Back on topic I wonder if Hearts will play this ace up their sleeve and take this back to court like they've been claiming they will do all along 🤦‍♂️

Very thin skinned. Enjoy being a victim?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 20:12

Quote:

You've utterly lost it lad. Night night.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 20:17

Wow firstly I need my head examined and now I've 'lost it'. Do you not understand how offensive that could be to someone who might be suffering with issues especially in these difficult times? Are you ever capable of having a discussion on this forum without highjacking the thread and resorting to personal insults? Shows a complete lack of intellect.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 20:21

Am I allowed to politely ask you to calm down? Or is that offensive too? Maybe check back on some of your own posts where you tell people to get to f*ck then gives a shout.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 20:23

Definately a need for arbitration between these two !!!

Can anybody recommend a QC ?

Post Edited (Mon 27 Jul 20:23)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 20:27

James Anderson has just offered to pay my legal fees.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 20:48

I can honestly say I meant no offence with my using of the phrase "needs their head examined" and the words "lost it". For my part I apologise unreservedly to anyone with mental health issues.

However, I'll be keeping an eye on other posters to ensure their very high moral standards don't ever slip.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 21:11

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/a-message-from-ann-budge-1

what to make of that....i had a feeling Low's earlier effort wouldnt be in the same league as Budge but wow!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 21:31

She's lost it!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 21:34

Quote:

Gareth Keenan Investigates, Mon 27 Jul 21:31

She's lost it!

I see what you did there.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parallel Lines  
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 21:59

Hearts were in financial trouble before they got relegated. Paying wages to over rated players who under performed. Pay outs toLevrin and Stendal. Mind they asked the staff to take a cut first. Oh I do hope they get off to a shaky start and they end up in the playoffs.. 😃

I looked for my pet in all the books on animals and birds and then I found it in the Book of Revelations.Marty Feldman
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 22:10

The bit about winning the Championship got on my t!ts there. Of course they would expect to win it given their resources but to say it in an official statement seems quite arrogant and disrespectful to the rest of us in the league. Hope the boys use this as motivation and pump them rotten!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 22:34

I will love it if Hearts don't go up next season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 22:37

Relegation confirmed and no compo. Couldn't have happened to a better bunch of entitled ring pieces.

Hopefully the SFA fine them into the bargain.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Mon 27 Jul 22:59

What Spencey thought on that statement!

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Luxembourg Par  
Date:   Tue 28 Jul 00:25

<<We will suffer serious financial losses as a consequence of losing this particular battle>>

No - as a consequence of being utter mince all season and being relegated.

<<We will continue start to run our Club with honesty, transparency and integrity.>>

Fixed it for you Anne

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Tue 28 Jul 02:09

I have always liked Jim Spence...

:)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Tue 28 Jul 08:36

Its going to be a tough championship this season. I don't see any club running away with the league. The statement is obviously aimed at the Hearts fans so seems to be aimed at rallying their support for the upcoming season.

I agree with the comments regarding the changes needed in the game, however not sure that the mechanism for seeking change is over the relegation issue. There are many perspectives on the league reconstruction but I believe some resolution and action is needed. There will be many challenges for the game over the next year and no doubt many will struggle financially. The issue is much bigger than only the relegated clubs losing revenue

Post Edited (Tue 28 Jul 08:39)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Tue 28 Jul 08:50

I would think Patrick fan's will find it is not funny getting relegated to League 1
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Tue 28 Jul 09:18

"There,but for the grace of God"...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Jul 10:11

"Relegation confirmed and no compo"

That will hurt, big time.

Wait 'til their legal team fees and expenses invoices drop through the Tynecastle and Firhill letterboxes - more pain.

Do they also have to pick up the tab for the failed Court of Arbitration ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Tue 28 Jul 11:07

Quote:

As someone who has suffered reasonably profound mental health issues DA said nothing disparaging or mocking, he used a well worn turn of phrase that is not related to actual mental health issues.
Grow up and stop trying to exploit real issues to score a point.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Jul 11:51

"Back on topic I wonder if Hearts will play this ace up their sleeve and take this back to court like they've been claiming they will do all along 🤦‍♂️"

What court would that be ?

Lord Clark at the Court of Session clearly told them that this was a matter for the Court of Arbitration.

The CoA has made a unanimous decision.

Where can they go now ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Jul 11:58

I was being sarcastic veteran as this is what Hearts have been clinging to the whole time despite everyone else in Scottish football knowing there was no chance of it happening. They've had a shocker throughout this whole process.

Rasta it's finished leave it be thanks.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Jul 12:07

Gotcha.

Too subtle for good 'ole boy like me !!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Jul 12:59

At the risk of sounding ridiculously pedantic it wasn't the Court of Arbitration its was an SFA arbitration panel.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Jul 16:36

Well spotted.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Jul 18:20

I see Bournemouth are considering making a legal challenge over the failure of goal-line technology to award a goal to Sheffield United in their 0-0 draw with Aston Villa in June. The point Villa gained effectively kept them in the Premiership. I would have thought any challenge would be thrown out, especially one made such a long time after the event.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Tue 28 Jul 19:35

I think you are correct Wee Eck. I believe Angela Merkel might try to get the 66 final replayed. One English goal didn't go over the line and there was a pitch invasion of English hooligans when they English team put the ball in the back of the net. Indeed to set a precidence England should have lost the game and be banned for ever! 😎

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Tue 28 Jul 20:42

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 28 Jul 18:20

I see Bournemouth are considering making a legal challenge over the failure of goal-line technology to award a goal to Sheffield United in their 0-0 draw with Aston Villa in June. The point Villa gained effectively kept them in the Premiership. I would have thought any challenge would be thrown out, especially one made such a long time after the event.

I thought their legal challenge was for compensation, not to overturn their relegation.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Jul 20:50

The Bournemouth board haven't even met to discuss it yet so I'm not sure anyone knows exactly what the nature of their challenge is. They may well decide not to pursue it.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net