DAFC.net
Home 22 September 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Kemar Roofe....
Topic Originator: StevenPar77  
Date:   Tue 4 Aug 15:21

....a good bit of business from The Rangers. Still not as big as Bournemouth mind!

http://www.agiftfor.net
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kemar Roofe....
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Tue 4 Aug 15:26

Fantastic signing for the Gers. Still not in the same class as Edouard though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par_33  
Date:   Tue 4 Aug 15:30

Can imagine that'll be Morelos away now.

But if Celtic sign Ivan Toney to sit alongside Eddy, Griffiths n Klimila that'll be Rangers back to square one.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 4 Aug 15:40

He'll score a barrowload against some very average centre backs

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Tue 4 Aug 18:06

Edouard is a different class, I would be surprised if he is still in Glasgow come start of the big European leagues.
Roofe will score a load of goals and a vg piece of business.
Rangers have to buy to get close, where as Celtic need to retain players.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Tue 4 Aug 18:52

Signed Cedric Itten, another striker who has caps for Switzerland. I imagine Morelos is definitely offski now. I’ve never heard of Itten but he has a decent scoring record.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Tue 4 Aug 20:06

Roofe signing shows SEVCO have not learned from their neighbors ,buy young promising players sell on for a much bigger fee, Roofe is 27 more dead money .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 4 Aug 20:09

It’s all about stopping Celtic this year. Whatever it takes

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 4 Aug 20:17

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Tue 4 Aug 20:09

Hey, I already said that! 🙂

If Roofe can help Therangers to wrest the title from Sellick, I'm sure they'll erect a statue to him, down Ibrox way.....

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Tue 4 Aug 21:31

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Tue 4 Aug 20:09

This.
You all know it.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 4 Aug 21:51

Who?

If Celtic keep Edouard the league will be over by Christmas.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Johan_Cruyff  
Date:   Tue 4 Aug 22:49

Roofe is slightly above average. 1 in 4 striker hardly gonna set the world alight.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 5 Aug 05:58

Quote:

Johan_Cruyff, Tue 4 Aug 22:49

Roofe is slightly above average. 1 in 4 striker hardly gonna set the world alight.

I would imagine the opposition in the Belgian First Division is rather tougher than that provided by the Scottish Premiership, so you can expect his goals to games ratio to improve significantly, JC.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Wed 5 Aug 08:22

You can imagine that GG but have you ever watched the Jupiler League? It used to be (maybe still is) shown on Freesports and the standard is about on par with the SPFL Premiership I'd say. The top teams are decent (Anderlecht, Ghent, Genk, Club Brugge) but the rest are no great shakes.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Wed 5 Aug 09:16

I've only seen a bit of Roofe but I think he'll be a better all round fit than Morelos and won't be suspended as much.

There was a video of him scoring for Leeds on Twitter last night and his finishes were pretty impressive. Expect him to score a boat load.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Wed 5 Aug 09:35

Where is the money coming from?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Johan_Cruyff  
Date:   Wed 5 Aug 11:02

Quote:

GG Riva, Wed 5 Aug 05:58

Quote:

Johan_Cruyff, Tue 4 Aug 22:49

I would imagine the opposition in the Belgian First Division is rather tougher than that provided by the Scottish Premiership, so you can expect his goals to games ratio to improve significantly, JC.

I was looking at his stats in England's lower leagues as well. To be fair he did have a decent strike rate with leeds but was playing with decent support around him.

We all knock the SPL too much, he'll do ok i reckon but he will need to be at the top of his game week in week out.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 5 Aug 11:03

Quote:

kelty_par, Wed 5 Aug 08:22

You can imagine that GG but have you ever watched the Jupiler League? It used to be (maybe still is) shown on Freesports and the standard is about on par with the SPFL Premiership I'd say. The top teams are decent (Anderlecht, Ghent, Genk, Club Brugge) but the rest are no great shakes.

I bow to your greater knowledge, KP. ☺ I was basing my assumption on the embarrassing exploits of our non-OF clubs in Europe. Even Sellick and Therangers haven't exactly been trailblazers. Red Imps and a team from Luxembourg ring any bells? As you say, there is a core of decent teams who usually play in the group stages of the Europa League. Not many non-OF clubs can claim that in recent years.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MESSIAH  
Date:   Wed 5 Aug 12:51

Decent signing for them but they’ll get no future return off it.

Like said above Celtic will probably get Toney who has his whole career ahead of him and would bang goals in up here.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Wed 5 Aug 16:32

"Even Sellick and Therangers haven't exactly been trailblazers. Red Imps and a team from Luxembourg ring any bells?"

That's a bit selective. Celtic, I think, reached the group stages of the Champions League when Red Imps beat them in the first leg.

Aberdeen have done reasonably well in the last half dozen years, winning quite a few ties, including Rijeka and Gronigen. They also ran Burnley quite close - I think they lost out in extra time, but my memory could be deceiving me.

Hibs also won in Brondby (albeit lost the tie on pens) and beat a Greek side last season.

Granted we've also seen Hearts lose against a side from Malta and Killie lose to TNS... A lot of games come before the season properly starts though, so it can be difficult to judge quite how bad the league is.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Wed 5 Aug 16:37

Did Aberdeen no get pumped off some Czech side 8-1 on aggregate?

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 5 Aug 16:38

Was/Is he a bit injury prone ?... I read somewhere ? ...I think
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Wed 5 Aug 16:41

"Did Aberdeen no get pumped off some Czech side 8-1 on aggregate?"

Yes, in 2009.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 5 Aug 16:47

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Wed 5 Aug 16:32

"Even Sellick and Therangers haven't exactly been trailblazers. Red Imps and a team from Luxembourg ring any bells?"

That's a bit selective. Celtic, I think, reached the group stages of the Champions League when Red Imps beat them in the first leg.

Aberdeen have done reasonably well in the last half dozen years, winning quite a few ties, including Rijeka and Gronigen. They also ran Burnley quite close - I think they lost out in extra time, but my memory could be deceiving me.

Hibs also won in Brondby (albeit lost the tie on pens) and beat a Greek side last season.

Granted we've also seen Hearts lose against a side from Malta and Killie lose to TNS... A lot of games come before the season properly starts though, so it can be difficult to judge quite how bad the league is.

Yea, I was a bit selective as you have to be when you're trying to make a point. We all know that the two Glasgow clubs have enjoyed much more European success than the provincial clubs - and so they should, given their vastly superior resources. I didn't want to mention some of the ignominious defeats suffered by the likes of Hearts, Hibs, Killie etc. out of a sense of loyalty which I don't feel towards the Ugly Sisters, but since you started it, remember Hibs v Malmo? ☹

Whether we like it or not, Scottish football has been overtaken by some minnows across the continent.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net