DAFC.net
Home $D " ; ?>
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Salary Cap
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Fri 7 Aug 15:04

passed in English L1 and L2. Not sure the L2 amount but L1 is £2.5million across 20man squad (£2,500 pw) players u21 are not included in the cap.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Salary Cap
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Fri 7 Aug 15:06

Hopefully for the sake of the smaller teams they stick to it.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Fri 7 Aug 15:43

PFA sound like they will challenge it. Sunderland only able to offer same Salary as burton albion despite average gates 30,000 more?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Fri 7 Aug 16:01

At a time when thousands of people are facing redundancy and many business failing, I'm not sure this would be the opportune time to challenge footballers
not being able to earn more than £10,000 monthly ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Fri 7 Aug 16:37

If players are worth it why not? Salary cap is restrictive and clubs and players should challenge it legally via PFA. Sunderland has players earning *3 of that when they dropped into league one, how does that work if you have a contract?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Fri 7 Aug 17:38

Have it written into your contract for a wage reduction if you get relegated?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Fri 7 Aug 17:53

Don't see what coronavirus or anything has to do with earnings, a big part of this national emergency is our badly run institutions and our appalling public health, don't see what that has to do with players earnings.

If the income streams dive, then it's up to clubs to slash costs.

If a club can afford to pay X amount, and they can service it, why not?

A valid point Sunderland on 30K crowds and Burton on small crowds.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gareth Keenan Investigates  
Date:   Fri 7 Aug 17:54

F*ck Sunderland tbh.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars no1  
Date:   Fri 7 Aug 18:23

I'd love to earn £2,500 per week. I don't get that in a months pay!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Fri 7 Aug 18:27

Absolute American nonsense really.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Fri 7 Aug 19:51

Then you have players in premier league being paid £330,000 a week.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Fri 7 Aug 21:28

And clubs with a turnover of £800M per annum.

Agree, can't get my head round the numbers, but if salaries are an acceptable % of turnover, then that's the salary...I mean players are only worth what the clubs are willing to pay.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Fri 7 Aug 21:42

The £2,500pw is an average across the 20 man squad,

Clubs can spread it as they see fit though, so talented players will still attract the top wages - it's just that clubs will have to budget the rest of the wage bill around that.

The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel the warmth.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ianbd6  
Date:   Fri 7 Aug 22:02

If the clubs had voted against this a lot of them would have gone to the wall. Sunderland and Portsmouth are the two clubs who should be welcoming the cap as they have both have at one time or another have spent way beyond their means.all current contracts are to be honoured so I don't see a problem. There are far to many clubs who think the next level is the land of milk and honey when the reality is any extra income is swallowed up by players salaries. Football in England at all levels is unsustainable so the introduction of salary caps is a step in the right direction.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Fri 7 Aug 22:32

All this will do is create an almost unreachable gap between L1 and the Championship. Don't like Sunderland, but the concept of them being limited to paying the same overall wages as some Diddy team getting a couple thousand fans is just crazy.

You'll just see teams coming straight back down to L1 after promotion and after relegation from the champ, any established team will be in huge financial problems.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Sat 8 Aug 00:21

Ita a superb decision, and I doff my cap to them. It needs leagues to break ranks and introduce these caps, for too long players/agents have held the power.

It should hopefully filter up towards the championship as well, with clubs being aware that they face a wage cap.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: thepars68  
Date:   Sat 8 Aug 08:48

This will mean that the Championship will become a virtual closed shop as teams promoted will not be able to attract better players as they will need to keep a wage structure that takes into account relegation and the salary cap. Surely a better way is limiting a clubs total wage bill to around 70% of their income.

thepars68
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net