DAFC.net
Home $D " ; ?>
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Bolingoli and The Aberdeen 8 (video/podcast)
Topic Originator: bencrawfordd  
Date:   Wed 12 Aug 19:13

‪Here it is folks.. the first ever segment of The Tap Bag Podcast on my channel! 😁‬

‪Andy, Liam and myself speak about the shambles surrounding Bolingoli and the Aberdeen 8...👀‬

‪WATCH ⬇️
https://youtu.be/Us90qb7hBjw

Pars Review: http://www.parsreview.org
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1BVIChsK6v-iTyJnKNf7Eg
Pars Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thedunfermlineway/
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Bolingoli and The Aberdeen 8 (video/podcast)
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sat 15 Aug 11:02

It is interesting today to see the Quality Press and tabloids agreeing that whatever sanctions the Scottish Football Authorities bring in ,they will not include either points deductions or matches being forfeited by Aberdeen or Celtic.

Why ever not?

In January 2010 they were very quick to ludicrously decide that our Scottish FA Cup win over Stenhousemuir 7-1 was null and void.

We had to replay the game and had a substantial fine.

Then in 2013 we were crippled by the Administration 15 points deduction.

Yet they sit on their hands and hope the current situation might blow away.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 15 Aug 11:16

Quote:

Sliema Par, Sat 15 Aug 11:02

It is interesting today to see the Quality Press and tabloids agreeing that whatever sanctions the Scottish Football Authorities bring in ,they will not include either points deductions or matches being forfeited by Aberdeen or Celtic.

Why ever not?

In January 2010 they were very quick to ludicrously decide that our Scottish FA Cup win over Stenhousemuir 7-1 was null and void.

We had to replay the game and had a substantial fine.

Then in 2013 we were crippled by the Administration 15 points deduction.

Yet they sit on their hands and hope the current situation might blow away.

We're just a wee team. They couldn't care less.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sat 15 Aug 12:03

I'm no legal expert but I would imagine it would be hard to punish a club, or any business for that matter, due to the actions of employees whilst outwith the club's jurisdiction? Disgruntled employees could just go out and sabotage their employer if that was the case.

Not a lot the clubs could have done to prevent this situation short of locking their players up after hours.

For our one there was several administrative errors including submitting inaccurate team line-up,altering a named substitute , not registering two outfield players under 21 not to mention playing a suspended player.

In our case the potential sanctions were already in place and the breaches that occurred were failures on the clubs part or the processes(or lack of) that we had in place at the time. We were fortunate to stay in the cup that year due to previous precedents if my memory serves me right. Yes we got fined £30000 for all our misdemeanours but we ended up well off out of that as we got circa £250k for playing Celtic in the next round. We're lucky it was Stenhousemuir, if it was Hearts we would still be getting dragged through the courts now :)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sat 15 Aug 14:24

Yeah, we massively got away with one against Stenhousemuir, possibly due to the nature of the defeat and the fact that we were something like 5-0 up when the ineligible player (Woods?) came off the bench.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net