DAFC.net
Home 20 September 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 SPFL test games - I cannae keep up!
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 26 Aug 13:58

From Twitter : (Chris McLaughlin, BBC)

Permission refused by Scottish Govt for Celtic v Motherwell to be a test event for return of 700 fans.

Permission already granted for rugby test event at Murrayfield on Friday.

Successful test events at Pittodrie and The Global Energy Stadium (or Victoria Park) in Dingwall - but no other events as at 15/09/20

buffysbuns.wordpress.com

Post Edited (Tue 15 Sep 13:11)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: No SPFL test game
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Wed 26 Aug 14:16

Good, why give a fan return game to one of the 2 clubs that broke protocol

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Wed 26 Aug 14:19

Great news get it right up them
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Wed 26 Aug 14:39

Quote:

dafc-chris1, Wed 26 Aug 14:19

Great news get it right up them

Not really. This isn’t about Celtic. It’s about football in Scotland as a whole. This just puts having fans back in stadiums further back imo.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 26 Aug 15:18

Given the 14th September date for hopefully fans to be allowed back then I disagree with the scot gov’s decision today.

I agree with Allparone. It’s for the good of all clubs and fans.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gareth Keenan Investigates  
Date:   Wed 26 Aug 16:05

And I was told my theory about the government treating football fans differently than the rest of society and specifically rugby fans was 'utter fantasy' hahaha. The proof is in the pudding. Football opening its gates to fans will be one of the last things back. In fact the government are probably crossing their fingers that they can delay it to such an extent that the second wave hits so they don't need to allow us back at all.

We are football fans not criminals but we are treated with the same contempt as though we are all lawless hooligans. This is not the 80s anymore Hollyrood, get with the times.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars_1986  
Date:   Wed 26 Aug 16:23

Just announce Brighton are allowed fans in for there friendly this weekend
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Wed 26 Aug 16:39

I want back to EEP too, just glad Celtic or Aberdeen aren't be rewarded by participating in the first game with fans

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Wed 26 Aug 16:40

Quote:

Gareth Keenan Investigates, Wed 26 Aug 16:05

And I was told my theory about the government treating football fans differently than the rest of society and specifically rugby fans was 'utter fantasy' hahaha. The proof is in the pudding. Football opening its gates to fans will be one of the last things back. In fact the government are probably crossing their fingers that they can delay it to such an extent that the second wave hits so they don't need to allow us back at all.

We are football fans not criminals but we are treated with the same contempt as though we are all lawless hooligans. This is not the 80s anymore Hollyrood, get with the times.

Clubs have gave the gov no choice. It's been back what 1 month and 9 players couldn't keep to the rules. Football players are also viewed as role models and if they are that thick they can't stick to simple instructions why should fans be allowed back?

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parahandy  
Date:   Wed 26 Aug 18:59

They just want to see how the first game (rugby) goes before sanctioning more such events
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 26 Aug 19:34

'Clubs have gave the gov no choice. It's been back what 1 month and 9 players couldn't keep to the rules. Football players are also viewed as role models and if they are that thick they can't stick to simple instructions why should fans be allowed back?'

So punish all football fans due to an extremely small minority of players? Let's remember eight of those players were in a pub which was breaking the covid guidance rules and there was a hell of a lot more than eight custodians also then adjudged to have been breaking the rules in that venue so surely by your rational all pubs should be shut? If your thinking is the criteria for the government stopping all football stadia from being opened to the public then why not apply that criteria to all industries? Why is it only applied to football?

There's a clear prejudice towards football fans. Deny it all you want but the evidence is vast and overwhelming.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Wed 26 Aug 20:10

.....and justified.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Wed 26 Aug 21:49

GKI: Can you name one other sport where a large proportion of the fans routinely shout and swear at the players, employees and other fans, ignore the advice of the stewards, and have to be kept apart from other fans by police before, during and after the match because of a history of violence?
If you ever get the chance, spend some time in the control room during a match, or just work as a steward. It might help you understand why the SG is more hesitant about football fans jeoparding public safety than it is about fans of other sports.
Obviously not all football fans behave badly - but enough do to justify caution.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters' Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc

Post Edited (Wed 26 Aug 21:50)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 26 Aug 21:55

It's a simple solution. Reduced crowds become easier to control and anyone not following guidelines will be easily identifiable and banned therefore reducing the amount of numbnuts causing problems. We can not continue in this day and age tarring all with the same brush as the few.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Wed 26 Aug 22:22

GKI. Look at the big picture. Surely, you can understand that there are very good reasons why the government is acting cautiously? Although football has a far from clean track record, this is not about discrimination of one sport over another.

One wrong move and before you know it, you are hit by a second wave of the virus and football - indeed, all spectator sport - is out of the equation for another year.

Stanza sums up the situation very nicely.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Wed 26 Aug 22:32

Why are you getting your knickers in a twist about a test involving 1000 fans?

Easy, make it the simplest, hassle free option- any of the old firm will just be a pain, there will be a 'conspiracy' about who gets the tickets, fans congregating, anything they do is a pain.

So the easy and best option is a benign rugby game.

Job done.

Exercise complete.

Move straight on to the next scenario.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 26 Aug 22:58

Wait and see. Football in front of crowds will be the final thing back, if it's back at all. Do you really think the government want the extra strain on policing at games and outside stadia? Of course this isn't actually needed in 99% of grounds as most of our nations clubs don't live in the past unlike two of them but we will all still be subjected to the constant presence of the law like some criminals.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 26 Aug 23:33

Quote:

Gareth Keenan Investigates, Wed 26 Aug 22:58

Wait and see. Football in front of crowds will be the final thing back, if it's back at all. Do you really think the government want the extra strain on policing at games and outside stadia? Of course this isn't actually needed in 99% of grounds as most of our nations clubs don't live in the past unlike two of them but we will all still be subjected to the constant presence of the law like some criminals.

Yip......and some folk are just desperate for the "second wave" so they can get fired in about the big bad Tories and say "I told you so"

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Aug 00:45

Give it a break, da no 1. I don't think you realise the consequences of a second wave.

When you think you can put it all behind you, suddenly you find yourself back to square one with a second wave. That's where we are in Melbourne. The psychological effects cannot be measured yet, but they will be considerable.

And this is all because a few foolish people failed to follow some relatively simple rules.

The odds are pretty high that you will have a second wave once autumn comes, but if the Scottish Government continues to adopt its overly-cautious approach, then you might just escape it.

Best not get complacent.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Thu 27 Aug 06:46

Just wait till the first Glasgow derby involving the big two, no fans in the stadium will only serve to be a nightmare scenario for police scotland who will be stretched beyond their limits answering calls to pubs, houses, streets where carnage will ensue

The Scottish government will be dammed if they let fans back in and damned if they don’t
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Aug 08:07

Quote:

OzPar, Thu 27 Aug 00:45

Give it a break, da no 1. I don't think you realise the consequences of a second wave.

When you think you can put it all behind you, suddenly you find yourself back to square one with a second wave. That's where we are in Melbourne. The psychological effects cannot be measured yet, but they will be considerable.

And this is all because a few foolish people failed to follow some relatively simple rules.

The odds are pretty high that you will have a second wave once autumn comes, but if the Scottish Government continues to adopt its overly-cautious approach, then you might just escape it.

Best not get complacent.

No-one is complacent here Dr Oz. Doing exactly what Nicola says rather than listening to the doom mongers on .net

Post Edited (Thu 27 Aug 08:09)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Aug 08:40

Quote:

Gareth Keenan Investigates, Wed 26 Aug 19:34

'Clubs have gave the gov no choice. It's been back what 1 month and 9 players couldn't keep to the rules. Football players are also viewed as role models and if they are that thick they can't stick to simple instructions why should fans be allowed back?'

So punish all football fans due to an extremely small minority of players? Let's remember eight of those players were in a pub which was breaking the covid guidance rules and there was a hell of a lot more than eight custodians also then adjudged to have been breaking the rules in that venue so surely by your rational all pubs should be shut? If your thinking is the criteria for the government stopping all football stadia from being opened to the public then why not apply that criteria to all industries? Why is it only applied to football?

There's a clear prejudice towards football fans. Deny it all you want but the evidence is vast and overwhelming.

And justified. You say about treating football fans as criminals and compared it to rugby. So let's go down that route I don't know if you go to rugby games or not but I've been to a few and I've only seen 1 person arrested compare that to football as above I can guarantee you there is more at a football games over the same period. Back to my point I made above is its not about punishing fans its about punishing the clubs. If players can't follow simple instructions (the cases I mentioned above) then what makes you think they can follow rules to allow fans in. The gov could easily have stopped the game this was before fans were in the grounds. So why reward them with the income fans bring? Look at the bigger picture than picking facts to suit your agenda. By the way I want to go back to football too but i understand the gov decisions.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Aug 10:35

Picking facts to suit agendas? The facts are that there is several other non essential places open, mainly indoors, with a relative similar scale capacity to most football grounds in terms of population and space while football isn't even being considered. That is the fact here.

So you agree with the thinking behind tarring all clubs with the same brush and punishing them all for the mistakes of a minority do you? I ask you again then why are all pubs not shut down again due to the ones in Aberdeen? If you are happy to be viewed as some kind of criminal element cos a few muppets have been arrested years back that's on you but why should any other fan have to prescribe to that thinking? Out of interest I wonder when the last football arrest was at DAFC for a Pars fan? But yeah treat us the same as the knuckle draggers in Glasgow that makes total sense...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Aug 10:44

Wait till you start on theatres!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Aug 12:33

So many blinkered sheep on here. Keep calm and carry on. Fall in line etc.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 27 Aug 12:51

Any test should include Celtic or Rangers. Not because they are deemed to be the "big boys" but because their fans tend to be more troublesome. If people who wear the football tops of another country to signify their religious background can be led around a stadium safely then everyone else should get on just fine.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Aug 17:04

So if you went to a game and got covid you'd be happy because you watched 90 mins of football

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 27 Aug 17:22

Nicola Sturgeon was asked about this today at her daily briefing. She said the virus didn't pay any heed to the shape of the ball so it didn't really matter whether the test game with spectators was a football match or a rugby match. It was more about testing measures and seeing how they worked in practice.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Aug 17:29

I'm sure Celtic would have been laughing all the way to the bank with the money that 1000 pre-paid season ticket holders would have brought them.

Gareth Keenan is bang on. Again.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Aug 17:31

Exactly, so start with a benign rugby game, next maybe something like Hamilton v St Mirren, and can scale up while correcting problems.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Aug 17:46

Someone who's far more intelligent than me needs to tell me why Asda can be rammed on a Saturday afternoon between 3 & 5 yet Central Park (Cowdenbeath) & others like it lie empty.

It doesn't add up.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Aug 22:31

A question for all who view this thread to think about and answer honestly, especially the people jumping on the unruly, hooligan fans bandwagon. In your lifetime supporting the Pars have you seen more fights, arguments and anti social behaviour leading to arrests within East End Park or up the town on a Saturday night at chucking out time/at the taxi ranks/bus station? Answer honestly now and please explain to me why pubs are allowed open and essentially are self policing themselves but it's too dangerous to open monitored football stadia with the relevant safety protocol?

Blatant bias viewing of the everyday football fan, clear as day.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 28 Aug 09:56

I don't understand why pubs are open, and gyms etc. Are not either, theatres too-will be economic carnage.

As for football, the sensible way is slowly, correct mistakes on the way.

What I will say is when we went into lockdown, we were late, and from then on we have been completely reactionary, opening up should have been of similar importance, and it has been haphazard

I can't see certain sectors surviving, furlough will be irrelevant.

It's shone a light on our public institutions, and for some it's not pretty to say the least.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 28 Aug 18:57

Three games on Saturday 12 September will be test events with fans. Rangers v Dundee United and Ross County v Celtic are likely to be included with one other still to be decided.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 29 Aug 17:39

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 28 Aug 18:57

Three games on Saturday 12 September will be test events with fans. Rangers v Dundee United and Ross County v Celtic are likely to be included with one other still to be decided.

St mirren v Hibs is the 3rd according to this. 300 fans at each and every club must submit plans for fans returning. It could be the case that some clubs are allowed fans and others aren’t.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jason-leitch-celtic-rangers-fixture-22597420
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dickandbert  
Date:   Sun 30 Aug 06:24

I now live in Victoria, outside Melbourne. As Oz Par has said, a second wave is not something you want to have to deal with. Especially given the very high mortality rate per 1000 people in the UK.
Maybe caution is the best way, given the consequences of getting it wrong?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ianbd6  
Date:   Sun 30 Aug 08:12

England's lower non league have had crowds back for two weekends now. Bradford PA have payed a team from level 5 and level 6. Both games were allowed a maximum of 200. Tickets had to be purchased online. Track and trace was through a QR code or you had to fill in a form at the ground. As far as I am aware there hasn't been any problems so far. Next week the attendance can be up to 30% of minimum capacity. I find it odd that we can't play a home game as the level we play at is classed as elite sport whereas in Scotland they are doing it the opposite way round and looking at reintroducing fans at the to level first.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Aug 09:01

It is odd, do Bradford PA play in quite a large athletics stadium? If so, don't see what the issue could possibly be, the best example here would be Cowdenbeath, typically around 300 fans, or the Highland & Lowland league, no teams have large supports.

As long as it is all ticket, and the above measures are taking place, then no problems.

It gets trickier at our level and above- so piloting games, then ramping up has to be the way.

There is no second wave, it hasn't gone away, and never will, so we will have to sensibly live with it.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Aug 09:32

Why does it get trickier for us exactly? We have an open air 11000 capacity stadium with on average about 3000 season ticket holders and standard attendance around 4500. All stands are not connected so extremely easy to socially distance and ensure there is no overcrowding at exits. No pies and cordon off every second toilet. Christ this is difficult to organise, no wonder politicians get such good pay. And before anyone pipes up about crowds after the game...Wear a mask. The crowds for five minutes after a game are nowhere near the standard crowds on the streets of Edinburgh going about their lives everyday but I've not seen the government boarding up people's doors and telling them they can't come out their homes.

It's like some people don't want crowds back at football. Anything to make it look like we are doing things better or just different to England which we aren't. Shame really as this is killing the nations provincial clubs but as long as the Glasgow two are still on telly what does that matter eh.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Aug 10:41

Aren't we confusing two separate issues here, namely the return of professional football and the return of crowds to football?

As I recall the reason the return of clubs playing football in Scotland was confined to the Premiership was the prohibitive cost of the measures necessary to allow that, mainly the cost of repeated testing of players and officials. Clubs outwith the Premiership couldn't afford it.

As has been pointed out earlier in this thread the return of crowds to football has followed the same pattern throughout the world and it's no different in Scotland. It's based on advice from epidemiologists who have observed the incidence and characteristics of this virus and other viruses in the past. I think talk of a conspiracy against Scottish football fans in particular is a bit far-fetched.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Aug 10:47

<<I find it odd that we can't play a home game as the level we play at is classed as elite sport whereas in Scotland they are doing it the opposite way round and looking at reintroducing fans at the to level first.>>

Yes, there's good logic behind the approach of opening the gates at smaller clubs first, but the counter argument has been that the big clubs have the infrastructure to handle things better, are more professional in their approach and rightfully should be given priority.

Of course, Aberdeen and Celtic have proved this to be b*llocks.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Aug 12:15

The breaches by Aberdeen and Celtic players were down to human error rather than deficiencies in the infrastructure or professionalism at their clubs surely?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Aug 12:27

The decision to allow fans back to lower non league football was purely financial. The lower down you go in the pyramid the more reliant on gate receipts the clubs are. The FA and Westminster government were petitioned to allow supporters back otherwise many club would told.it was decided that clubs lower than the conference leagues could.our season starts I think October 3rd with the FA cup.there has been talk that by then we might be able to have 40% of minimum capacity which is great for BPA but not so great for the likes of Hereford or York and the other full-time clubs or even the ones who have a hybrid squad. I am not sure what the furlough situation is at the moment but when that ends that's when the fan could be doing overtime. People's health has to be a priority but after all the raves there has been around the country all the protests about BLM all the folk going to the coast during the sunny spell yet the death rate has tumbled the hospitalisation of infected people is well down even the general infection rate is on a downward trend. So why can't we go to watch a game of football if we all take precautions. Sorry for the rant
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Aug 12:34

Nothing I could add to Gareth Keenans post. Like he says it's as if some people don't want life back the way it was.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Aug 12:40

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 30 Aug 12:34

Nothing I could add to Gareth Keenans post. Like he says it's as if some people don't want life back the way it was.

It’s not so much people not wanting to get back to normal life. It’s more that people know we won’t be allowed. What will football be like when we’re told we can’t shout, sing, stand up etc or the next game will be behind closed doors? These test games will maybe give us an idea of how good or bad it’s going to be.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Aug 12:59

But we have to start somewhere. Constantly saying "there's a second wave coming" achieves nothing

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Sun 30 Aug 15:10

I've seen a couple of references to "minimum capacity" recently, what does that mean? Do you mean "maximum capacity"? Or even just "capacity"?

Have I missed something?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Aug 16:00

I agree with da, we have to start somewhere, it's past the tipping point where it is more damaging to continue than not.

I think that is what is happening here, in a structured manner, we have to live with it, people are frightened, and I get that, but we need to open up what we can.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Aug 17:25

I don't there are many people frightened by this anymore which is why there has been an increase in restrictions imposed on people in certain areas. Everyone is sick of being told what we can't do when the consequences don't actually seem to back up the need for such measures.

I wonder why indoor beauty salons were considered of having a greater need to be opened as soon as possible but reduced capacity football stadia wasn't...Oh wait it's because MPs went around with a petition for them to be opened again. The common mans game will never get such treatment.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 31 Aug 08:56

Parsfan I am not sure how it works in Scotland but in the English pyramid if your club is hoping for promotion you have to state that intent to the league. Someone from the fa ground grading will then come and inspect your stadium to see if it complies with the grading for the division/league you hope to be promoted to. One of the grading rules is a minimum capacity. I think for the National North it is about 3,500. All the grading rules are on the FA website .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 31 Aug 09:28

I imagine when football crowds return there will be no set seating. If there is then it'll be chaos watching people do an awkward shuffle to let people past to their seat.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 31 Aug 09:47

The reason places like bar beauty salons etc are open is to reduce the numbers of people using the furlough scheme (less cost to taxpayer)

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 31 Aug 10:17

No it's not it's because a Tory mp took it upon herself to campaign for them to be opened again.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 31 Aug 19:14

I honestly think Cammypar thinks Viz is a newspaper

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Mon 31 Aug 19:18

Quote:

ianbd6, Mon 31 Aug 08:56

Parsfan I am not sure how it works in Scotland but in the English pyramid if your club is hoping for promotion you have to state that intent to the league. Someone from the fa ground grading will then come and inspect your stadium to see if it complies with the grading for the division/league you hope to be promoted to. One of the grading rules is a minimum capacity. I think for the National North it is about 3,500. All the grading rules are on the FA website .

Thanks Ian, makes sense now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference
[IP address logged]
 Re: SPFL test game denied - noo there’s three
Date:   Tue 8 Sep 18:12

Aberdeen v Killie and Ross Co v Celtic have been approved as test games for supporters this weekend with 300 fans allowed into each.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 8 Sep 20:15

At Bradford PA we have just had the ground safety inspected for the return of supporters. The league minimum capacity is 3,000 and the actual capacity is 3,500 we have had our safe capacity set at 522. 10% has to be given to the away club. The press, media and assessors are also included. We are lucky we only have about 3/400. I hope the restrictions are lifted before boxing day when we play York.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Wed 9 Sep 12:52

I wonder if the test games will still be allowed to let fans in. We should find out more tomorrow, but Nicola is talking about putting the brake's on and maybe some things that were planned might not now go ahead.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 9 Sep 13:27

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 8 Sep 18:12

Aberdeen v Killie and Ross Co v Celtic have been approved as test games for supporters this weekend with 300 fans allowed into each.

Is it not HOME fans only? Of course, given Glasgow is in lockdown there shouldn't be any travellers from the East End of Glasgow anyway...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 9 Sep 13:54

Unavoidable perhaps, but it would be a right boot in the balls for everyone if these games were permitted on a Tuesday then banned 48 hours later.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 9 Sep 14:03

Yes, it is home fans only. Both Aberdeen and Ross Co are going to have a ballot of season ticket holders to allocate the tickets apparently.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Wed 9 Sep 17:39

I hope they allow fans, however I think tomorrow that will be stopped.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 9 Sep 18:23

These test events should still go ahead as planned

Schools open
Universities open
Pubs open
Restaurants open
Gyms open
Bingo halls open.

300 should be allowed to attend an outdoor football game providing rules are abided by. Theres no justification for a u turn on these test events

Post Edited (Wed 09 Sep 18:36)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Wed 9 Sep 20:55

I appreciate we have to start somewhere but masks at all times and no singing,shouting or chanting so no atmosphere created at all-doesn't sound like much fun to me. I'd probably still rather watch at home.

I noticed the 4 day test event at Doncaster races was abandoned after 1 day-let's hope the other test events don't follow suit.

Post Edited (Wed 09 Sep 20:59)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: k76  
Date:   Wed 9 Sep 21:40

I feel the time has come to move on and allow life to get back to some sort of normality, social distance where possibe, wear masks etc. Our economy cant sustain restrictions any longer and there has to be some sort of compromise otherwise it will be a complete melt down.
There will be some casualties but continuing restrictions will harm more life's in the long term.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Thu 10 Sep 13:11

“I hope they allow fans, however I think tomorrow that will be stopped.”

EEAP .... truly a man of vision. Verily, verily, and so it came to pass.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Sep 13:16

The 2 planned test events are going ahead as planned

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Sep 14:49

The pilot events should have been cancelled too risky just now with the virus running out of control again
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 10 Sep 15:41

It's not running out of control though, that's why these latest measure have been re-introduced. Bit overdramatic there. Even Sturgeoun says its nowhere near the levels of March/April...….yet.

300 people in a 10,000 seater outdoor arena is no more risky than going to school. That's why they're being allowed. I'd feel perfectly safe sitting at EEP if we had a game this Saturday.

If we all do as we're telt, it'll hopefully recede again.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Thu 10 Sep 19:50

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 10 Sep 15:41

It's not running out of control though, that's why these latest measure have been re-introduced. Bit overdramatic there. Even Sturgeoun says its nowhere near the levels of March/April...….yet.

300 people in a 10,000 seater outdoor arena is no more risky than going to school. That's why they're being allowed. I'd feel perfectly safe sitting at EEP if we had a game this Saturday.

If we all do as we're telt, it'll hopefully recede again.

I agree. Pittodrie holds 22,000. I'm sure they can safely take 300. The good thing about pittodrie is that the atmosphere will be the same as if ît was full.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 11 Sep 13:45

Pretty comical that hundreds of thousands of kids are returned to school, where I am fairly certain they wont be sitting in one seat socially distanced at all times with masks on, yet we are getting hard ons at three hundred people being allowed into twenty odd thousand seater open air stadiums. The world has become rather embarrassing.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 11 Sep 14:29

None of the .net Covid gurus have yet to explain the logic behind the SGs stance on this. It literally makes zero sense.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 11 Sep 14:41

They prefer to throw out sarcastic remarks rather than give a reasoned explanation. At the end of the day it comes down to football fans being tarnished with a reputation from two sets of idiots based in Glasgow, who are still picking up cash every week, while provincial clubs like ourselves are having to rely on generous investors just to keep us going. Rather than challenge this action from the government though a lot prefer to kiss the boot and not rock the boat. I wonder if the same people would be in such a steadfast agreement if it was Boris imposing these rules rather than Nicola? I am firm SNP voter btw.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 11 Sep 18:20

Nicola and the Scottish Government have handled this situation brilliantly as public health is the most important thing here and if we have to wait longer ro get back inside football stadiums then that is just the way it must be

Post Edited (Fri 11 Sep 18:21)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 11 Sep 18:26

Still no logical explanation other than "Nicola has handled it brilliantly"

It doesn't wash with me....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 11 Sep 18:46

St Mirren v Hibs is to go ahead tomorrow despite Saints having three keepers in isolation. Apparently being without three keepers in normal circumstances would not justify a postponement.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 11 Sep 18:52

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 11 Sep 18:46

St Mirren v Hibs is to go ahead tomorrow despite Saints having three keepers in isolation. Apparently being without three keepers in normal circumstances would not justify a postponement.

I suppose they'll have another youth keeper at the club?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 11 Sep 19:30

My concern is that Celtic are playing in Dingwall. There are 300 tickets available and they all going to Ross County season ticket holders. I wonder if any Celtic fans will try to get in, not by legitimate means but by forcing a gate. I hope for football's they don't.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 11 Sep 19:46

The above would be the exact scenario the government would be rubbing there hands together at if it occurred.

'Nicola and the Scottish Government have handled this situation brilliantly'

Have they? Look at it objectively and all they have done is the exact same as England but a few weeks later while Downing Street get slaughtered for it. Let's not forget that there were first reports of Covid up here in Feb that were swept under the carpet...Let's not be putting the first minister on a pedestal as plenty mistakes have been made and still are.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 11 Sep 20:25

It's absolute nonsense to say Scotland did the same as England but later. Mass gatherings were banned up here before England; face coverings in shops were required up here before England; the latest contact tracing app which was promised months ago is going to be introduced in England on 24 September, two weeks after the Scottish one. Face coverings in schools, working from home are just two other areas where guidelines differed. I haven't heard NS deny she's made mistakes either.

Cases are rising again but some folk think getting fans back into football grounds should be a priority. It's baffling.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 11 Sep 20:59

You said priority Eck. Just you. Try reading my post.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 11 Sep 21:02

Struggling to see the part in this thread were anyone has said getting fans back to the grounds should be a priority, can you please point it out as I am baffled by the comment. Also if you are honestly suggesting TSG advised working from home before Downing Street despite England going into lockdown well before Scotland and a majority of top businesses being based down south then there's not much more to be said.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 11 Sep 21:24

Whether you guys think it's a priority or not, you still seem to see no reason why fans shouldn't be allowed back into grounds now despite an increase in cases.

My point about working from home is that the SG is still saying work from home wherever possible which isn't the advice from Westminster so it's hardly an indication of us slavishly following them. I also quoted plenty other examples which I note you didn't acknowledge.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 11 Sep 21:25

Struggling to see the part in this thread where Wee Eck suggested the TSG advised working from home before Downing Street?
You said the SG have done the exact same as Westminster but later. Wee Eck then listed a number of things that the SG did well before the UK government.

There's battle lines being drawn Nobody's right if everybody is wrong.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 11 Sep 22:12

That's the way these guys debate, TWOK. They ignore the nub of the argument and just take issue with one particular point which doesn't actually affect the main point being made.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Fri 11 Sep 22:15

Reading both of their comments is like visiting the Dunfermline press Facebook comments section. 'Bugger all those dying, I want to go shopping for shoes' or whatever other guff they come out with
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 11 Sep 22:38

Again, none of you seem capable of reading. Andrew283s post achieves nothing so I'll ignore it. I'll ask yet again.....how can 200 people standing outdoor at Central Park observing social distancing guidelines be deemed more of a risk than 200 people getting leathered at the Corn Exchange in Edinburgh? Not once am I dismissing those who have died or caught this virus. I'm talking about what the SG has deemed as safe and what they've deemed unsafe. There's no logic whatsoever

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 11 Sep 22:40

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 11 Sep 22:12

That's the way these guys debate, TWOK. They ignore the nub of the argument and just take issue with one particular point which doesn't actually affect the main point being made.

You're just as bad. You make a statement claiming someone said fans at football was a priority. It was pointed out that noone said that and you don't apologise.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 11 Sep 22:51

Oh, sorry about that. You must be what's nowadays called a 'snowflake'.

As I said in my follow-up post, priority or not you seem to see no reason why fans shouldn't be admitted to games in the present climate when the virus is on the increase. Governments throughout the world are following this advice.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 11 Sep 22:59

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 11 Sep 22:51

Oh, sorry about that. You must be what's nowadays called a 'snowflake'.

As I said in my follow-up post, priority or not you seem to see no reason why fans shouldn't be admitted to games in the present climate when the virus is on the increase. Governments throughout the world are following this advice.

Totally missing my point. Again, for the hard of thinking.....why is safe to be in a pub but not outdoors at a football ground?

Why were there limited numbers of fans at games in Germany and Belgium this week?

I'm not saying its risk free but it's no more risky than other things we're currently allowed to do

Post Edited (Fri 11 Sep 23:54)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 12 Sep 09:30

'Reading both of their comments is like visiting the Dunfermline press Facebook comments section. 'Bugger all those dying, I want to go shopping for shoes' or whatever other guff they come out with'

I think you'll find you are permitted to go shopping for shoes within a packed shopping centre if you wish which has actually demonstrated the point I'm trying to make perfectly. A shocker of a backfire for you.

If someone can point out precisely why the government have allowed (all indoor) schools, work, public transport, hair dressers, beauty therapists, restaurants, pubs, cafes, non essential retail stores etc to open again but not socially distanced criteria based open air football stadiums in Scotland without mentioning the cliche of football fans being unlawful thugs which has been proved to be nonsense then I'll stop questioning it, simple. Until then I will continue to post my opinion on the topic and base it on the actual facts that we are seeing in front of us without having to have personal digs at posters as I'm not some wannabe internet hardman and realise there's more to life than foaming at the mouth over a football forum user.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 12 Sep 10:19

''Until then I will continue to post my opinion on the topic and base it on the actual facts''

That's pretty rich considering this earlier comment from you about the Scottish government:-

''...and all they have done is the exact same as England but a few weeks later while Downing Street get slaughtered for it.''

The fact is this is not a uniquely Scottish issue nor a uniquely football issue. Governments throughout the world have put the opening of sports stadia pretty far down their roadmaps for getting their countries back to normal. I think the theory is that behaviour that is typical of sports fans eg shouting, singing, losing their normal inhibitions, increases the risk of the virus spreading and these behaviours are more difficult to control in a sports stadium than in a bar, say. Isn't it the case that bars can't play music or show sports on TV because of the risk of that causing customers to sing and shout?

If you want the scientific answer why not address your question to one of the experts who have been studying viruses for years?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 12 Sep 16:35

300 Ross County fans watching their team getting beat 5-0 and they’re told not to leave. They’re needed to stay to see how they’ll empty a stadium after a game 🤣
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Sat 12 Sep 17:56

Quote:

allparone, Sat 12 Sep 16:35

300 Ross County fans watching their team getting beat 5-0 and they’re told not to leave. They’re needed to stay to see how they’ll empty a stadium after a game 🤣

They tried to stop us leaving Hampden after defeat to Falkirk. Didn't stop us😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 12 Sep 18:36

BigJpar. I remember being involved in a tug of war with the police when leaving. An over zealous plod tried to stop one of our fans from leaving. Immediately the fan asked for help, about a dozen of our fans pulled the guy away from him.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 12 Sep 18:53

The exact kind of behaviour that's stopping us getting back to games and nothing to be proud of.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: doctordandruff  
Date:   Sat 12 Sep 23:25

I've got an idea. Let 3000 into all stands at East End. Those that are terrified of Covid, well y'all stay away. Those that want to get on with their lives can turn up. Social distance, no masks. I'm willing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Thaipar  
Date:   Sun 13 Sep 00:23

Quote:

doctordandruff, Sat 12 Sep 23:25

I've got an idea. Let 3000 into all stands at East End. Those that are terrified of Covid, well y'all stay away. Those that want to get on with their lives can turn up. Social distance, no masks. I'm willing.

That's because you are obviously selfish.

Please don't book me Admin, it will ruin my life.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 13 Sep 00:26

Ahh, the Covid mantra. Next you'll be telling me you wear a mask to protect me.

Straight off cause I dont tow the line I am selfish. But rather than trying to think about how we live with this, we just get crap like that.

3000 people. 750 people in each stand. You honestly suggesting to me its selfish to think 750 people couldn't spread out well enough in each of those 4 stands to make the risk of spreading the virus almost completely negligible?

Post Edited (Sun 13 Sep 00:33)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 13 Sep 00:44

And you can guarantee that you won't touch your face, touch a chair, touch a railing and you can also guarantee that others won't touch the same things you touched and touch their face also. Like I said, selfish.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 13 Sep 08:04

I have just been viewing the highlights of the Ross County v Celtic game on YouTube and I have to say that the crowd arrangement has got me a little concerned.

In May, I did a back-of-the-envelope calculation of what the crowd size at EEP would be if they applied social distancing and came up with an estimate of 3,400.

That was a reasonable enough number to come up with from a Pars perspective, as it safely covered all our season ticket holders with a few seats to spare.

My calculation was based on spectators being separated by an empty seat in all directions, which I thought was a reasonable and practical assumption. This allowed for stadiums to be operating at about 30% capacity.

However, it appears that the SPFL has opted for a more proscriptive solution - a gap of three seats next to you in each direction and the rows immediately in front and behind you empty.

I can see why they have done this as it is visually easy to monitor and makes policing the stands much easier. However, the effect on crowd numbers is dramatic. The capacity in stadiums would be reduced to about 15%.

Lets hope that this just an experiment, for if this solution is adopted across all matches in the SPFL, then EEP's capacity will be around about 1,720.

In other words, not all season ticket holders will get in....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Sun 13 Sep 08:33

Quote:

Thaipar, Sun 13 Sep 00:44

And you can guarantee that you won't touch your face, touch a chair, touch a railing and you can also guarantee that others won't touch the same things you touched and touch their face also. Like I said, selfish.

It's amazing how crowds have returned to grounds pretty much all around the world, looked a fairly large crowd at rugby league in France and the Lens v PSG games. Also a couple weeks back in the a league grand final a crowd of what looked like around 25k attended. Assume all that attended these events are just selfish also?
Just because some wouldn't be comfortable attending shouldn't stop those that want to.

It's time to move forward, can't hide forever scared that this or that might happen, if we did most folk wouldn't ever leave the house.

Eta... It also appears that motor sport has fans back this weekend, with fans atrending at the moto gp racing and also F1. But it's only because people attending are selfish, right?

Post Edited (Sun 13 Sep 10:01)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sun 13 Sep 09:04

Talking of January down here before fans back.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 13 Sep 11:11

Quote:

the saline hill puma, Sun 13 Sep 08:33

Quote:

Thaipar, Sun 13 Sep 00:44

It's amazing how crowds have returned to grounds pretty much all around the world, looked a fairly large crowd at rugby league in France and the Lens v PSG games. Also a couple weeks back in the a league grand final a crowd of what looked like around 25k attended. Assume all that attended these events are just selfish also?
Just because some wouldn't be comfortable attending shouldn't stop those that want to.

It's time to move forward, can't hide forever scared that this or that might happen, if we did most folk wouldn't ever leave the house.

Eta... It also appears that motor sport has fans back this weekend, with fans atrending at the moto gp racing and also F1. But it's only because people attending are selfish, right?

And France announcing high cóvid numbers again.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 13 Sep 12:07

1700 fans is not that bad a start, Oz. I expected a raffle of season ticket holders to begin with. If I miss out I'll watch online. ANYTHING to get to see the Pars in action!

Post Edited (Sun 13 Sep 12:09)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 13 Sep 12:37

You are right, da no 1. Anything is better than nothing.

:)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 13 Sep 13:48

What level are you referring to Wetherby. I was talking to a Friend who is a Bradford city supporter and a sports journalist as it happens. He told me that BCFC had issued season tickets and were hoping to have crowds back by the end of October. They were hoping to sell 10k tickets and were working on a 30% of actual capacity which is roughly 7.5k. when supporters purchase their ticket they are given either a claret or amber one. Which means you are guaranteed every other game the remaining 2.5k are drawn out. To be honest if it does turn out to be January I don't think a lot of clubs will make it. I was thinking about how clubs are surviving without crowds as I watched EFL on Quest this morning. The league two salary cap is £1.5million so around 30k per week with minimal income I just can't see it ending well.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sun 13 Sep 14:37

Ianbd6

spotted it when leafing through headlines online:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8726461/No-fans-New-Year-delays-looming-clubs-face-financial-chaos.html
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 13 Sep 15:06

This is the worry, when it comes to Covid there is no discussion. It's the only show in town. It seems that no matter how small the risk of spreading it is, it's just a no. If done correctly and with proper restrictions in place its safer than a trip to Tescos. Pretty sure I am more likely to get run over crossing Halbeath Rd than getting a severe Covid infection.

Sadly for most people, If it means many clubs dying and thousand on the dole it's a price worth paying to 'keep infections down'(with absolutely zero evidence that is actually true)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 13 Sep 15:31

I can go to the cinema which is indoors and I presume with more than one showing in a cinema in the same day, why therefore can we not attend a socially distant football match outdoors with a week in between showings?

I am all in favour of whatever restrictions need to be in place but as usual football fans are being treated differently to other sections of society

There needs to be a plan put in place to allow clubs and fans to have something to work toward

My fears are that there will be supporters who will disregard any guidance or rules put in place. In and around town there are those of a certain age who will not adhere to the rules away from football so what will be the chances of them acting responsibly inside a football stadium

Post Edited (Sun 13 Sep 15:32)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 13 Sep 15:46

Absolutely, people screwing it up is more of a concern than spreading the virus but that could be managed. Season ticket holders only, specific seats allocated in one of the 4 stands, must carry ID (to prove you are the season ticket holder) and only 1 household allowed to sit together. Should be easy to organise.

I also think human factors should be considered. No one will tolerate anyone abusing it. You see 2 or 3 young guys sitting together you will report it, or police and stewards will already be on the case. Add in simple measures like opening all turnstiles, hand sanitisers at toilets, no pie shop and take home your own rubbish then what the hell is the risk. Also, considering no-one will be back in the ground for 2 weeks you wont even have to sanitise the stands.

I dont get the issue. You dont like it, dont attend. Watch it on streaming.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 13 Sep 16:00

Admin - far too much sense in the last 2 posts. Delete please and yellow cards for both.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 13 Sep 16:31

Strange when a couple of the more regular posters break ranks and post the same opinion as mine they are not being lambasted by the .net clique.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 13 Sep 17:06

Thanks for the link Wetherby. Good post doctordandruff. I do really think the clubs have to come up with safe systems if they want supporters back any time soon. I personally don't see why if everyone wears a face covering and is made to hand sanitisese before entry then they should be able to have 30/40% of capacity quite safely. I am not sure how others feel but I am mentally shot. All I seem to do at the moment is work and sleep with nothing to look forward to. I have booked to come up for two of Scotland's games in October and will be in Dunfermline between those games so hopefully there is no further lockdown so at least we can watch the Falkirk game in the pub. The thing that is bothering me is there is no clarity from either government or the football authorities everyone seems to be just bumbling along waiting for someone to make a decision. The situation here in Bradford is almost farcical we have Bradford City in league two who have a ground capacity of 25k and not allowed any crowd in then there is BPA with a 3.5k capacity but have been given a 522 limit but no crowds allowed yet and we have Thackley a suburb of Bradford who have a capacity of around a thousand and are allowed crowds in with a maximum of 300. Unfortunately at the moment it is he who shouts loudest gets heard.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sun 13 Sep 17:36

There's plenty of scope for discussion on the merits of attending indoor events vs larger outdoor events but football fans aren't being treated differently from other events.

Rugby test games have just been axed and the St Leger fans got one one day notice they couldn't attend the rest of the week and I've just had an email saying the Cambridgeshire is off at Newmarket as well. Horse racing is the 2nd largest spectator sport in the UK and if anything would be considered an "establishment sport and its off so its nothing to do with football fans being persecuted.

Other sports can't even get to the stage where they are allowed a test event for spectators.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 13 Sep 18:53

Wait till the first Glasgow ugly sisters game comes round, the police will have an absolute meltdown with all the numpties in the pubs and at private house parties everywhere watching it, there will be battles in the streets

I recon everyone is just putting fingers in ears and giving it la la la la la in the hope that fans are allowed back by then
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 13 Sep 18:56

The first Celtic v Rangers game is 17th October. I'd be extremely surprised if any fans are allowed in at that game.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 13 Sep 19:16

One way to reduce the violence would be to have no TV coverage of the Bigot brothers game. It would also help to close the pubs that day. Indeed if we are to reduce the R rate would be to close pubs, Cinemas, theatres etc. As my mother used to say, give some people an inch and they will take a mile.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 13 Sep 19:30

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Sun 13 Sep 19:16

One way to reduce the violence would be to have no TV coverage of the Bigot brothers game. It would also help to close the pubs that day. Indeed if we are to reduce the R rate would be to close pubs, Cinemas, theatres etc. As my mother used to say, give some people an inch and they will take a mile.

Great idea... Put more people out of work
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 13 Sep 19:37

Quote:

ianbd6, Sun 13 Sep 17:06
I am not sure how others feel but I am mentally shot. All I seem to do at the moment is work and sleep with nothing to look forward to.

Hope you're ok mate.

It'll not be long til the next SG token mental health initiative. All is well

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 14 Sep 14:06

Saline Hill. It might do something more important, it might save lives.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 14 Sep 16:56

Birthday caird p!sh.

Everyone just going to stay in doors wearing masks from now until the end of time cos this virus isn't going to just disappear?

Might save a live but is this really a life?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 14 Sep 18:13

Who to trust?

Professional, experienced epidemiologists charged with protecting the health of the whole population, or a few punters on a wee football forum who don't have to worry about anybody but themselves and those close to them?

It's a tough call...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 14 Sep 18:21

No logic or explanation. Just dismissing a polite well thought out question. Again

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 14 Sep 18:31

I've said my piece on this. You obviously don't take on board any posts you don't agree with so what's the point?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 14 Sep 19:56

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 14 Sep 18:31

I've said my piece on this. You obviously don't take on board any posts you don't agree with so what's the point?

Many a time I've apologised on here for being wrong.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Sep 11:18

wee eck acting the big man every time I post but sits in the corner when the more seasoned .net users argue the same opinion as me. What a strange little man. The point remains we can not go on like this and dismissing the arguments with sarcastic comments will only lead to the downfall of provincial clubs in Scotland, including ours. Care to comment now eck bro perhaps without the dismissive condescending tone?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Sep 11:25

AberdeenFC tweeted:
“ Update | Despite Saturday’s successful trial event at Pittodrie, SPFL clubs have been informed that there will not be any trial events at Scottish Premiership matches this weekend.”

☹️

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Sep 11:44

Have the government given any reason for this? Too early to tell if the trial events had lead to any spread in the virus so once again no logical reason for these cancellations. Surely the sensible thing would be to continue these trials and see if they have any effect. Instead we are back to everyone stay inside forever (unless you want a haircut, a pint, lift some weights, get some new clobber...You know, all the essentials).
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Tue 15 Sep 11:50

Think you've answered your own question Gareth. Too early to tell if the trial events have led to any increased spread of the virus. With that being the case you wait and see before conducting another trial.

There's battle lines being drawn Nobody's right if everybody is wrong.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Sep 11:59

Especially against the backdrop of rising infection rates.

Music events, rugby, football and no doubt just about any large scale events have all been cancelled.

They already know that there was large scale transmission of the virus from previous outdoor events which will be why they want to wait until the R number comes back down before putting the trials back on for the socially distanced attempts.

Post Edited (Tue 15 Sep 12:00)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Sep 12:02

GKI, you must be the poster most lacking in self-awareness on this forum and that's some accolade.
[IP address logged]
 Re: SPFL test games - I cannae keep up!
Date:   Tue 15 Sep 13:31

'Care to comment now eck bro perhaps without the dismissive condescending tone?'

That'll be a no then.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Sep 15:05

The fact of the matter is the virus is on the rise again and we might have to accept the fact that it may be February or March before a significant amount of fans are allowed in
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Sep 15:18

Quote:

dafc-chris1, Tue 15 Sep 15:05

The fact of the matter is the virus is on the rise again and we might have to accept the fact that it may be February or March before a significant amount of fans are allowed in

6 months time? 6 months ago we weren't even under lockdown so speculating where we'll be is utterly pointless.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Sep 16:12

It is educated speculation we are going to have an absolute nightmare over the winter period we were warned that the winter was key and we are not prepared at all for what is still to come
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Sep 16:51

How should we prepare then? Just stay in our homes 24/7 and hope this blows over? This virus isn't going anywhere so surely people should attempt to get back to living as normally as we can and let the experts create the vaccine while protecting the most vulnerable as we do every flu season no?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Sep 17:01

Who has suggested that we stay in our homes 24/7?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Sep 17:36

"It is educated speculation we are going to have an absolute nightmare over the winter period we were warned that the winter was key and we are not prepared at all for what is still to come"

Absolute b0ll0cks

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 15 Sep 18:48

Quote:

dafc-chris1, Tue 15 Sep 15:05

If that does happen you can wave goodbye to several football clubs in Scotland and probably England
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 16 Sep 09:31

'Who has suggested that we stay in our homes 24/7?'

That is the point I am making. You can go out to do activities in much more densely populated indoor venues than attending a socially distanced 11k stadium with a small allocation of supporters so why is this? The only answer is that football fans are perceived to be unruly hooligans by the top brass despite plenty evidence to the contrary for every team outside two in Glasgow, and this perception is ultimately going to kill clubs.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 16 Sep 11:36

You can do some activities indoors but not many and most of that is geared to support the hospitality industry.

The Alhambra is still cancelling gigs as are other theatres and music venues, the horse racing has been cancelled, music festivals have been cancelled, rugby has been cancelled, comedy clubs have been closed night, night clubs have been closed, the list goes on. Football fans aren't being targetted.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 16 Sep 13:24

From BBC:

'Up to 1,000 fans will be allowed to attend 10 different English Football League games this weekend as part of the government's crowd pilots.

The news comes as discussions between the EFL and the government about a return for more supporters from 1 October continue.'
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 16 Sep 13:45

That's the same as the pilot games we had last weekend which they're going ahead with to analyse the results of. Its looks like we are actually ahead of England in our analysis. There's no confirmation of when fans will be allowed back on a regular basis on either side of the border.

If anything that confirms that football fans aren't being penalised as the St Leger last week allowed fans in for the 1st day and then had to cancel the rest of the week and the tickets I had for Newmarket next week have been cancelled and it looks like they are running a smaller trial with 1000 now although it's still not 100% on.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 16 Sep 13:57

Just to add I think the date for return of fans is pencilled in for the 5th October dependent on the lie of the land at that time.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Superpars68  
Date:   Wed 16 Sep 16:18

Further evidence to Londonpars comment is that even Golf is affected. Just two days ago my tickets to the Scottish Open Golf Tournament in October have been refunded so event will take place without spectators.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 16 Sep 17:56

Golfers are notorious hoodlums though so that was entirely understandable 😉

I had actually completely forgotten about the golf so thanks for adding that.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 16 Sep 19:08

Who knew .net was such a hotbed of public health professionals.

Live in a bubble if you like, but get used to this life. It will remain much the same until a vaccine is released. It's absolutely ridiculous that people are even entertaining the idea of going out guising. All this chat if Christmas being ruined is emotive crap.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 16 Sep 19:43

I'm really not sure what your point is?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 16 Sep 20:19

Emotive crap jake89? Fantastic. What an awful attitude to take when a mental health crisis is sweeping the country and taking people's lives. How dare people want possibly the one day a year they get to spend with their loved ones to be as normal and uplifting as it can be after having their lives turned upside down for nearly a full year.

Absolute roaster. Maybe think about other people's lives before posting such p!sh, especially when posters on this very thread have expressed how difficult they are finding life just now.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 16 Sep 21:25

You're entitled to your opinion and sorry to have upset you.

You're making a valid point about mental health but the simple fact is we will not be going back to normal anytime soon. It's head in the clouds to imagine otherwise.

The UK already has a mental health crisis and this will be escalated by the current issue but even a return to normality would not help this. We've already seen anxiety levels rise over the return of schools, opening of pubs etc as the increase in cases leads to an increase in concern over catching the virus, being ill, perhaps being very ill, infecting loved ones etc. There's no right answer here.

We should be looking at solutions to ease things like social isolation rather than worrying about kids not going guising or Christmas being "cancelled".
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 16 Sep 23:06

Jake89 I don't agree with anything you've just said.

Really wondering if you have anyone in your life that you care about seeing

Hope I'm wrong

Post Edited (Thu 17 Sep 00:41)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 17 Sep 07:34

Just being realistic, DA.

If people want Christmas then they need to be sensible right now. Talk of getting thousands into stadiums is fanciful when we can't even stop players becoming infected.

As I've said, we won't get back to real normal until there's a vaccine.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 18 Sep 11:16

I believe its still allowed to shoot semi tame birds. So perhaps we could fool the authorities that if we all turned up at EEP with shotguns and talked in a very posh accent we could get in and after the match sorry shoot go into Legends and over a nice malt whisky discuss the shoot.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 18 Sep 12:54

The pigeons must be fair game?🦅🦅🦅
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net