DAFC.net
Home 20 September 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Punishment for Bolingoli and 'Aberdeen Eight'
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 28 Aug 20:51

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53951005
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Punishment for Bolingoli and 'Aberdeen Eight'
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Fri 28 Aug 21:20

Wow ! They've certainly thrown the book at them eh

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 28 Aug 21:53

The Aberdeen players haven't really been punished. More just been told that they will be punished if they do it again.

There's battle lines being drawn Nobody's right if everybody is wrong.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Fri 28 Aug 22:08

"Mr Bolingoli, in view of the seriousness of the charge, we're giving you three weeks off on full pay. As for you Dons - if you do it again you know what to expect!"

Post Edited (Fri 28 Aug 22:09)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Fri 28 Aug 22:27

Quote:

onandupthepars, Fri 28 Aug 22:08

"Mr Bolingoli, in view of the seriousness of the charge, we're giving you three weeks off on full pay. As for you Dons - if you do it again you know what to expect!"

Considering that I and my fellow citizens had to suffer 3 weeks of lockdown partly due to these idiots, I would say I'm not happy about this "punishment".
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 28 Aug 23:20

McInnes reckons his players were guilty of 'nothing other than naivety.' Well that aboot covers evrythin'.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hamepages  
Date:   Sat 29 Aug 15:10

For once I think that the SFA got it right. There were thousands of people out on that Saturday night crowding into pubs and breaking Covid rules but only eight people were penalised in any way with the Aberdeen players being fined substantial sums which were donated to the NHS. Also good to see McInnes standing up for his players.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sat 29 Aug 15:29

If the players quarantined as they should have they would have missed 3 games. That should have been the absolute minimum punishment for causing the postponement of the subsequent matches.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hamepages  
Date:   Sat 29 Aug 18:55

The players did self isolate for 14 days as they were required to do and Aberdeen were willing to play the scheduled games with a weakened team. It was the Scottish Government that postponed the games. Don't see why Aberdeen should be punished for that especially as Rangers got off with playing a friendly without testing as they were obliged to do.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Aug 13:26

Ref:hamepages
Sat 29 Aug 15:10

<<< There were thousands of people out on that Saturday night crowding into pubs and breaking Covid rules but only eight people were penalised in any way with the Aberdeen players being fined substantial sums which were donated to the NHS. Also good to see McInnes standing up for his players.>>>

I think there's a big difference between the Aberdeen players and the 'thousands.' Something about the Aberdeen players being due to take part in professional football for which it's necessary that no-one is Covid positive or been associating with anyone who is.

I don't go for McInnes's naive bit. they're not that thick. They knew there was a risk. They thought, 'F*** it.'

Post Edited (Sun 30 Aug 13:27)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Aug 15:42

Quote:

onandupthepars, Sun 30 Aug 13:26

Ref:hamepages
Sat 29 Aug 15:10

<<< There were thousands of people out on that Saturday night crowding into pubs and breaking Covid rules but only eight people were penalised in any way with the Aberdeen players being fined substantial sums which were donated to the NHS. Also good to see McInnes standing up for his players.>>>

I think there's a big difference between the Aberdeen players and the 'thousands.' Something about the Aberdeen players being due to take part in professional football for which it's necessary that no-one is Covid positive or been associating with anyone who is.

I don't go for McInnes's naive bit. they're not that thick. They knew there was a risk. They thought, 'F*** it.'

Hey. I know a former Aberdeen player. He confirms they are that thick. And he said that was not the only time the team had been out. It was just the only time they were caught out.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Aug 16:32

If that's true Movie then it seems they thought 'F*** it' and one or two fingers tae everybody else.

Post Edited (Sun 30 Aug 16:32)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Aug 17:06

Quote:

onandupthepars, Sun 30 Aug 16:32

If that's true Movie then it seems they thought 'F*** it' and one or two fingers tae everybody else.

They sure did. Not just the eight that were found out either.

There are also rumours which I can't absolutely confirm that they were not the only premier team to flout the rules. My ex Aberdeen player friend says several have been at it.
They were just unluckily that it all coincided with the Aberdeen cluster.

Don't be fooled by footballers. They all lie and are breaking rules everywhere. I'm surprised nothing else has happened.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Saltire  
Date:   Sun 30 Aug 17:52

Not sure how much you can punish someone for breaking laws/protocol that wasn't a law/protocol at the time of the event.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sun 30 Aug 18:37

Lennon was saying after the European exit the team lacked match fitness. I wonder if they had played the 2 games they missed because of this if it would have made a difference.

Maybe this has already punished the club!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Aug 19:02

Doesn't really matter what the protocol was Saltire, it's up to the individual to make sure they're keeping distancing and using sense to avoid dodgy places.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net