DAFC.net
Home 20 September 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 DAFC Plays Leading Role In 2020 Suicide prevention Campaign
Topic Originator: yvb-par  
Date:   Sat 5 Sep 11:36

I have been working in association with Fife Health and Social Care Partnership in the past few months in my role as Mental Health Ambassador for DAFC.
This years Suicide Prevention campaign runs 5th Sept to 13th Sep. The aim of this campaign is to Raise awareness to the population of Fife (with a particular focus on males aged under 45) of key suicide prevention messages and the support which is available in Fife for those who need it.

A Suicide Prevention video with representatives from Fife football clubs (Dunfermline Athletic, Raith Rovers, East Fife, Cowdenbeath, Kelty Hearts, Inverkeithing Swifts this also includes an input from Jim Leishman, Caroline Weir, Fife Flyers and The Chris Mitchell Foundation.

This has been a great project to be involved, I was given the task of lead video developer, which meant inviting Clubs to be involved, help with running order.
It's objective is to communicate a message of hope, encouraging people to reach out for support in times of distress/crisis

Suicide is a community health problem so it was a privilege to be asked to be involved as a representative of DAFC to show that the football club is indeed a community football club.

If you can see the video can you share on your social media with the
#YoureNotOnYourOwn
#EveryLifeMattersInFife

Support services available across Fife (Andy’s Man Club, Penumbra, SAMs Cafe, Samaritans and CARF)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTrLVOxDcfw&feature=youtu.be

Post Edited (Sat 05 Sep 12:45)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: DAFC Plays Leading Role In 2020 Suicide prevention Campaign
Topic Originator: Kaiser Chief  
Date:   Sat 5 Sep 12:15

Great work Eddie.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 5 Sep 12:18

Excellent, Eddie. An issue that is sadly becoming more prevalent in today’s society

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sat 5 Sep 12:19

Quote:

yvb-par, Sat 5 Sep 11:36

I have been working in association with Fife Health and Social Care Partnership in the past few months in my role as Mental Health Ambassador for DAFC.
This years Suicide Prevention campaign runs 5th Sept to 13th Sep. The aim of this campaign is to Raise awareness to the population of Fife (with a particular focus on males aged under 45) of key suicide prevention messages and the support which is available in Fife for those who need it.

A Suicide Prevention video with representatives from Fife football clubs (Dunfermline Athletic, Raith Rovers, East Fife, Cowdenbeath, Kelty Hearts, Inverkeithing Swifts this also includes an input from Jim Leishman, Caroline Weir, Fife Flyers and The Chris Mitchell Foundation.

This has been a great project to be involved, I was given the task of lead video developer, which meant inviting Clubs to be involved, help with running order.
It's objective is to communicate a message of hope, encouraging people to reach out for support in times of distress/crisis

Suicide is a community health problem so it was a privilege to be asked to be involved as a representative of DAFC to show that the football club is indeed a community football club.

If you can see the video can you share on your social media with the
#YoureNotOnYourOwn
#EveryLifeMattersInFife

Support services available across Fife (Andy’s Man Club, Penumbra, SAMs Cafe, Samaritans and CARF)

<https://youtu.be/FTrLVOxDcfw
>

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Roy Barry Fan Club  
Date:   Sat 5 Sep 12:33

https://youtu.be/FTrLVOxDcfw

Please look at this new video. It features a lot of Pars people and starts with Stevie Crawford.

I did the Mental Health Awareness training through the Club with Eddie Martin leading the group. It was tremendous. I wished that I had known about the way to help friends thirty years ago when two of my close buddies took their own lives. The resources are now out there. Please help yourself and your friends if appropriate.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stella Kozma  
Date:   Sat 5 Sep 13:07

Just knew Eddie would be all over this.

We circulated the Week long awareness programme to all our staff.

There is a lot to go through but it is all mapped out and clear what each bit is.

It is worth a look as like physical first aid you never know when you might be in need of knowledge to help out.

Well done Eddie.

Kirkcaldy Parasites Live On
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Sat 5 Sep 13:16

Good stuff, this - always good to see the issue given some publicity.

Just going back to the comment about it becoming more prevalent - there isn't a long-term increasing trend in the number of people who sadly die by suicide (though there was an increase in 2018), but I think as a population we're generally more aware of the issue than has been the case in the past. That awareness is very much helped by campaigns such as this.

Once we have good awareness, better understanding should hopefully follow. I think it's improving slowly but there's a still a way to go so things like this, that gently nudge it back into our consciousness from time to time, are very much a good thing in bringing both awareness and understanding.

Pleased to see this, with all the local clubs supporting it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sat 5 Sep 15:23

Well done to Eddie and everyone else involved

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters' Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Sat 5 Sep 18:31

Great work again Eddie, fantastic to see you developing your role with the club
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Sat 5 Sep 19:51

Well done to all involved in the creation and dissemination of this initiative. There have been way too many tragic cases where people have taken the final step feeling abandoned and alone. Hopefully this message of support will get through and encourage people to seek help and advice.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yvb-par  
Date:   Thu 10 Sep 09:37

Today is world suicide prevention day. Being appointed Mental Health Ambassador means I can be involved in fantastic campaigns this. A message of support and hope.

#EveryLifeMattersInFife

On Suicide Prevention Awareness Day some well-known sporting figures are supporting our campaign by featuring in our video👇

https://youtu.be/FTrLVOxDcfw

Please share - in times of distress, it's important to know #YoureNotOnYourOwn

@fifehscp @nhsfife @phfife
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net