DAFC.net
Home 20 September 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Players Not very bright ?
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Mon 7 Sep 14:38

Mason Greenwood and Phil Foden have breeched Covid guidelines by allegedly seeking girls into the England hotel.
As such they cannot train or play in the next game ,as they have broken the secure bubble ,and will be sent home from Iceland ,while the rest of the team travel to Denmark.
Not sure if it comes under the Stupid little boys category or the pampered we can do what we want prats ?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Players Not very bright ?
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Mon 7 Sep 15:39

Sadly Salton, like the ones in Scotland,its the latter

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ben,D.A  
Date:   Mon 7 Sep 15:43

too much money, some skill but nae brains.

only 11 make the team,the rest can just but dream.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Mon 7 Sep 15:56

Years ago, a famous Hibs player was told by his Manager "The problem with you,son, is yer brains are a In yer Heid"!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 7 Sep 16:42

Players have to be technically very intelligent. Same is true in most professions. Being a daft laddie doesn't mean you're stupid. In this case it sounds like they were thinking with something other than their brains! Young lads with plenty money are always going to be out for fun!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Mon 7 Sep 16:49

I think we're all in a position to criticise two teenage boys trying to get some Icelandic girls back in to their hotel.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Mon 7 Sep 16:57

I wouldn't call them stupid for doing what they did. As Jake says, this puts them more in the daft laddies category.

However if they thought there wouldn't be any consequences then they are a bit stupid.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 7 Sep 17:00

''Players have to be technically very intelligent. Same is true in most professions. Being a daft laddie doesn't mean you're stupid. In this case it sounds like they were thinking with something other than their brains! Young lads with plenty money are always going to be out for fun!''

Exactly, Jake. No question that these players are well out of order, given the Covid restrictions, but who's to say - with any certainty - that any of us would have behaved any differently at their age and with their ''pulling power.''

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Sep 17:00

In the "calculated risk" category...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Mon 7 Sep 17:05

I was flung out of Iceland for trying to get young women back to my hotel. Now I shop in farmfoods

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Mon 7 Sep 17:12

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Mon 7 Sep 17:00

In the "calculated risk" category...

Slightly higher risk for Foden when the mother of his son gets hold of him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Mon 7 Sep 17:14

Yes Silema, that was the late Eddie Turnbull to the late Alan Gordon. Gordon had a Master of Arts degree in Economics from the University of Edinburgh, where he also studied Moral Philosophy and Spanish Literature. He then went on to study and become a Chartered Accountant. Used to enjoy watching him in my youth in that great Hibs team of that time.

Post Edited (Mon 07 Sep 22:25)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Sep 17:14

I didn't know he had a kid. Extremely daft behaviour on his behalf then.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Sep 17:25

Taking out the moralising as to whether or not he should be cheating on his partner or breaching team rules in the middle of a global pandemic and probably breaching his parent club's rules as well, loads of folk on here will have been to Reykjavik and its got to be one of the worst places to try and get away with something like this.

Its tiny as capital cities go and the chances of getting caught go through the roof. Definitely in the stupid category.

Quite surprising as neither player had a reputation for breaking the rules. When City won the title and all his team mates went out on the lash, he went fishing with his dad. Most supporters thought one his best assets were that he had his head screwed on and wouldn't be getting up to this sort of thing.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Sep 17:32

To be fair I possibly shouldn't have used the phrase cheating on his girlfriend as the girls could have been in his room and nothing happened so I'm stepping back from that but leaving it up.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Mon 7 Sep 17:33

As well as being sent home if not disgrace then under a cloud ,should the two of them have to self isolate for 14 days ,with the league starting this weekend not very bright.
Iceland is not on the quarantine list but can the clubs risk having either of these two training with the squad and the problems that could cause.

Post Edited (Mon 07 Sep 17:45)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 7 Sep 17:39

No Iceland is OK at the moment but City and United have both released critical statements of their players so you can imagine they'll be getting a bollocking back at their clubs too.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ben,D.A  
Date:   Mon 7 Sep 17:40

Better player than them have been 'sin died' from international duty for less.

only 11 make the team,the rest can just but dream.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Mon 7 Sep 20:12

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Mon 7 Sep 17:05

I was flung out of Iceland for trying to get young women back to my hotel. Now I shop in farmfoods

Well played.
You win dotnet today 👏👏👏

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 7 Sep 20:35

Quote:

Clearly a lie. Iceland is the reserve of the little old lady. Young women are a rare sight.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 7 Sep 20:54

Quote:

Superb ....That made me laugh :)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net