DAFC.net
Home 20 September 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Falkirk investment
Topic Originator: par_33  
Date:   Wed 9 Sep 11:47

Falkirk have announcement this morning investment from American business owners. 26% shareholding for a six figure starting cash injection.

Phil n Carrie Rawlins, he being the founder and lifetime president of MLS team Orlando City. Seems like a good move for them smelly folk across the forth.

However, what's the chances of two teams in the lower leagues of Scotland within basically a week of each other announcing investment in their respective clubs?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Falkirk investment
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 9 Sep 11:52

There are lots of investors floating about. Been talk at Dundee and Hearts recently. The key thing with ours is the investment of expertise as well as money.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Wed 9 Sep 11:53

Shows the clubs such as DAFC and Falkirk need to look for investment from outside to survive and move forward .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 9 Sep 13:29

Completely appreciate what the current set up have done. They have worked tirelessly for the club and done a great job. However, we need to spend more to make more and also to save. I've used the analogy before but it's like buying the big pack of something rather than multiple little packs. Makes financial sense, but only if you have the money upfront for the big pack. Clubs like us are stuck buying small packs that cost us in the long run.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Perkins  
Date:   Wed 9 Sep 18:59

"Topic Originator: jake89 like | nolike
Date: Wed 9 Sep 13:29

However, we need to spend more to make more and also to save. I've used the analogy before but it's like buying the big pack of something rather than multiple little packs."

You'll have to explain to me how this analogy is appropriate for the running of a football club please. In which areas can spending more drive efficiencies?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 9 Sep 21:25

Like properly fixing the PA system rather than continually tinkering with it...
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net