DAFC.net
Home 20 September 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Liverpool v leeds
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sat 12 Sep 18:11

Great game for the neutral, 37 mins gone, both teams have had a goal chopped off and liverpool are still winning 3-2

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Liverpool v leeds
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sat 12 Sep 18:22

indeed cracking game - almost forget there are no fans.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gareth Keenan Investigates  
Date:   Sat 12 Sep 18:23

Liverpool will be miles off it this season unless they get busy in the transfer market. Can see them struggling for top four at this point with that squad.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sat 12 Sep 18:35

Quote:

Gareth Keenan Investigates, Sat 12 Sep 18:23

Liverpool will be miles off it this season unless they get busy in the transfer market. Can see them struggling for top four at this point with that squad.

The same squad that won the league just a couple of months ago?

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 12 Sep 18:51

Yes and that's the issue it is the same squad that limped over the line and looked totally average at the end while nearly all the other top five/six sides have made improvements.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DayMan  
Date:   Sat 12 Sep 19:07

Quote:

Gareth Keenan Investigates, Sat 12 Sep 18:51

Yes and that's the issue it is the same squad that limped over the line and looked totally average at the end while nearly all the other top five/six sides have made improvements.

Won the league by 18 points.

As it stands, Man City have only signed 2 players, Liverpool have only signed 1 but nobody seems to say anything about City's lack of transfer activity.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?

Post Edited (Sat 12 Sep 19:09)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sat 12 Sep 19:14

Heard from a mate in Liverpool that they won the league (with however many games to go) and then basically partied non stop.
Don't know how much truth is in it.
I'd like to have seen more transfer activity from Liverpool as man City can't be as bad this season surely.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 12 Sep 19:27

Man City have looked to rectify the dodgy defence. Chelsea have signed some fantastic young players. Arsenal resurgent and looking very good. Liverpool regressing, if Mane or Salah get injured they are done. Firmino looks a shell of the player he was two years ago and can't be relied on.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 12 Sep 19:36

Hey they won at least... Despite losing three goals.
Liverpool always seem capable of scoring late on... In fact they made a habit of it last season.
But I'd have to concede that on paper man City look stronger.
As for Chelsea and Arsenal.... Nah, also rans imo.
Although I do hold out hope for spurs this season.
Man u... Hope they have a shocker 🤣

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DayMan  
Date:   Sat 12 Sep 19:52

Quote:

Gareth Keenan Investigates, Sat 12 Sep 19:27

Man City have looked to rectify the dodgy defence. Chelsea have signed some fantastic young players. Arsenal resurgent and looking very good. Liverpool regressing, if Mane or Salah get injured they are done. Firmino looks a shell of the player he was two years ago and can't be relied on.

I still don't see how a team that just won the league by 18pts and the champions league the season before can be regressing?
I'll give you that they were poor after the restart last season, but the league was all but won at the point, and I say again, they still won it by 18 points while being poor for a fair chunk of the season.

I agree that Firmino has been poor but only really at Anfield, he still scored plenty away from home last season. Minamino was signed as his backup so now he has some decent competition. I think we'll see a lot more of Minamino this season now that's he's had time to bed in to the squad.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 12 Sep 20:31

I'm no scouse lover but they're still the team to beat

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sat 12 Sep 20:40

Cracking display of how not to defend by both teams today
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 12 Sep 20:53

By no means am I saying they're now a poor team I just think first half of last season a lot of their players peaked and I don't think many of them will sustain they levels for another year. Examples being Henderson and Robertson certainly defensively (sadly for us). Although with Mane up top with his pace and Salahs left peg you're always going to be dangerous.

Certainly can't see it being a procession to the title for any team this year, thank Christ cos it was boring in the end.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Sat 12 Sep 22:00

Newcastle don't look like they'll be pushovers either so it might be an interesting league.Leeds certainly looked like they will be a hard team to beat if they get their defence tightened.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 12 Sep 22:48

Got this online as I wondered how often teams promoted to the Premiership go straight back down again.
There sometimes seems to be a period at the start of the season where established teams don't know how to play against the newly promoted teams but after a few games it's almost as if the established teams "figure them out" so to speak.
Anyhoo... Found this explanation online.... "at least one team that was promoted from the Championship the season before has been relegated back down again at the end of the season in all but one of the eleven campaigns between 2006-2007 and 2016-2017. In four out of the eleven seasons, two teams have come up and then gone straight back down. Several names crop up again and again. The likes of Watford, Birmingham City and Newcastle United are all teams that tended to yo-yo between leagues before settling in one or the other."

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Sat 12 Sep 22:52

I honestly think that Liverpool might finish outside the top 3 this season. It's easy to say that they took the foot of the pedal after winning the league, but I think they had many close calls long before they won it.

They definitely deserved to win it last year (and were unlucky not to win the year before) but I think they are only a couple of injuries away from a disaster.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sat 12 Sep 23:00

They were also incredibly lucky that their main players avoided major injuries last season. Very little quality depth up front. Can see it being a 3 way race between City, Liverpool and Chelsea with United chasing their heels.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Sat 12 Sep 23:37

I watched tonight’s game at The London Stadium and I thought West Ham were very poor. I understand of course that no one with any sense ought to make sweeping judgements based on one game, but the span of a manager’s reign is often fearfully short and swift. I hope for Davie Moyes’ sake that his team improve their displays quickly - what we saw tonight won’t have appeased their supporters, that’s for sure.
Leeds will take confidence from their game, despite their defeat. I thought they brought a lot to the match - coming from behind 3 times takes a lot of effort and belief. Coming from behind at the home of the reigning champions even more so.
Liverpool were definitely not at their best, but we know what they are capable of and a win is a win.
I’m looking forward to seeing the other ‘big’ teams in action. I reckon the title race in England will be very tough and, I hope, competitive. Several teams in the running will certainly suit neutrals like me. Bring it on!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sun 13 Sep 02:12

I watched all 3 games on sky today, I enjoyed all 3 matches but the liverpool v Leeds was great because it was end to end, but in all honesty if the same games were to be played in 6 weeks time , once players get back to full fitness , all the games would be different.
IMHO if anyone finishes above Liverpool they will win the league,

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net