DAFC.net
Home 20 September 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Worst Premiership Transfers
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 15 Sep 10:56

Although it is the Daily Mail and probably just one guy's opinion, I think this is a decent discussion topic:-

https://www.stadiumtalk.com/s/worst-transfers-premier-league-history-6caad174a33f48e2?utm_campaign=transferspremier-07943f0602994d29&utm_source=tab&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=dailymail-uk

A quick scan reveals that 22 clubs are mentioned, but Man U and Liverpool are well out in front with 10 and 9 nominations, respectively. Chelsea a distant 3rd with 5 candidates, so that these 3 clubs account for almost half of the total. I wonder why that is? Perhaps it's because these clubs have higher expectations, so a player who may have been regarded as decent at another club was deemed a failure at these clubs? Another thing I find annoying is the way lazy journalists in England only go back to 1992, as if football didn't exist before then.

I wonder if any players would have made the Top 50 if Scotland had been included? I have one outstanding candidate, but I'll keep my powder dry for the moment. :-)

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Worst Premiership Transfers
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Tue 15 Sep 12:15

Istvan Kozma used to regularly feature on these lists.He was voted Liverpool's worst ever midfielder in 2017 with 70% of the votes.In 2007 the Times voted him the 4th worst Premier League player ever. The worst was the infamous Ali Dia who was also a Souness signing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Tue 15 Sep 14:42

Top 50 worst signings and no Ali Dia or William Prunier?

John Utaka deserves a shout (not for being a bad player but for having a phenomenally high wage that contributed to his club going into financial ruin). Likewise Seth Johnson, or Winston Bogarde who was training with the kids for the vast majority of his Chelsea contract?

Altidore was crap, no doubt - but he started games, made himself a bit of nuisance, and had some misfortune in front of goal. He was crap, but he's not the worst ever signing, not by a long shot.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Tue 15 Sep 15:49

Georgios Fotakis.......Killie
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 15 Sep 17:06

Quote:

Buspasspar, Tue 15 Sep 15:49

Georgios Fotakis.......Killie

How about Daniel Prodan for the Scottish version? Or even Rafael Faeces, or something like that, who was complete urine for the Sellick?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Tue 15 Sep 17:15

Thats the one G.G. Rafael Scheidt
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Wed 16 Sep 12:46

Buspasspar wrote:

> Thats the one G.G. Rafael Scheidt

Someone can complete the "punchline" back four, it was something along the ling of

Wei ????? Tebily Scheidt
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Wed 16 Sep 13:06

Was that not it? I thought they had a back three for "that" gag?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Wed 16 Sep 15:04

When Celtic had Tebily and Scheidt there were rumours they would sign David Weir from Hearts - giving them a backline of 'Weir Tebily Scheidt'.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mon-pa  
Date:   Wed 16 Sep 17:59

arf!

ARTY
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ditch  
Date:   Wed 16 Sep 19:59

How about one of ours? Noel Whelan? Lasted 3 mins on his debut and out injured. Six months of wasted wages later he was released.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net