DAFC.net
Home 20 September 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Prediction for the season
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Wed 16 Sep 15:03

Most of us including me were quite upbeat a few weeks ago when we made a few early signings, talk of winning the league or at least a top four finish being mentioned.

So where do you think we will finish?

It is a shortened season so a good start will be essential. I think we can put a team on the park to match the best in this league including Hearts but as the season wears on and we pick up the inevitable injuries and suspensions , then I feel we might struggle with the current squad. We are still three short , we can’t just rely on McManus and Ohara up front, we need to sign another decent striker, similarly CM and another wide man.

Assuming we fill those positions then I think we can finish 3rd behind Hearts and Dundee. If we don’t fill those positions with decent quality then it might be 5th.

I think we will get at least two loans in so I am going to say we will finish 3rd.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Prediction for the season
Topic Originator: evo!  
Date:   Wed 16 Sep 16:50

I'll say third. optimistic certainly, some excellent signings, but we all thought that in 2018/19, so ill be cautious

I think Nisbet will be tought to replace, but we will create chances still, and think defence is strong.

Big challenge for us is getting over these long periods each season where
we don't win(start of last season until Partick game for instance),
consistency will be key and it'll make a big difference I think if Dow can stay fit.

Hearts
Dundee
Pars
Ayr
ICT
Arbroath
Raith
Morton
Alloa
Qos
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Wed 16 Sep 16:58

I agree with evo. Third is realistic.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Wed 16 Sep 17:15

4th but it will be very close

how teams cope with covid and potential absentees is going to be a big factor this season.

"We are still three short , we can’t just rely on McManus and Ohara up front, we need to sign another decent striker, similarly CM and another wide man"

the last two yes, might end up with two more wide men but another striker wont come in unless one of McCann or McGill leave whether its on loan or permanently.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Wed 16 Sep 17:20

No reason we can't get top 4, I think Hearts will win it - not as easily as most think but they should have enough. Not much between the rest.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Helmsdale Par  
Date:   Fri 18 Sep 22:55

4th
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 19 Sep 00:31

2nd... win playoffs, and promotion!

:)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stella Kozma  
Date:   Sat 19 Sep 08:48

Hi All,

I little bird (a PARrot actually) tells me the Squealadeal Prediction League is almost ready to fly off its perch for the new season.

Look out for take off soon.

Please join in the fun of predicting every match in our league. You can also donate a small amount and be entered in the prize pot too.

The monies raised go to a very good cause - no not PARrot food!!

Kirkcaldy Parasites Live On
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Sat 19 Sep 11:05

3rd/4th. We need to get off to a great start. Inverness for me have lost a few key players so will be weaker than last season. Ayr have made some good signings replacing their outgoings. Dundee with Jakubiak, Adam etc should be good going forward but I think they'll still have problems at the back with their defence. Hearts obviously will be the favourites but the shortened season could work in our favor if we find form early. I think anything other than playoffs and Crawford will struggle to keep his job with the Germans in charge...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sat 19 Sep 14:33

Realistically 3rd, but with a short season you never know, if we get a cracking start there is no reason we cant win it

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net