DAFC.net
Home 26 February 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Leeds united -Take us home
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Thu 24 Sep 19:40

WOW,Just watched this program about Leeds and their fans narrated by Russel Crowe and if there is ever a team out there that reflects the PARS high and lows then its Leeds .
What a very good documentary and as a pars fan i could relate to almost all of it .
Well worth the watch ,its on Amazon
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Leeds united -Take us home
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Thu 24 Sep 19:46

Cheers Rigger Al
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Craig Par  
Date:   Thu 24 Sep 21:32

Imagine what it’s like to support the Pars and Leeds! 😀😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Thu 24 Sep 22:02

Quote:

Craig Par, Thu 24 Sep 21:32

Imagine what it’s like to support the Pars and Leeds! 😀😀

Watch the documentry its like a mirror image
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Johan_Cruyff  
Date:   Fri 25 Sep 00:54

There's also a 30 min doc about leeds on YouTube. It's crazy how good they were in the early 2000s and the poor mismanagement from risdale.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BIG W  
Date:   Thu 1 Oct 16:17

Having been brought up in Yorkshire I have the pleasure of supporting both the Pars and Leeds the documentary is superb giving an insight into both the supporters hopes and dreams and a view from the boardroom and playing staff

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 1 Oct 18:35

Quote:

Johan_Cruyff, Fri 25 Sep 00:54

There's also a 30 min doc about leeds on YouTube. It's crazy how good they were in the early 2000s and the poor mismanagement from risdale.

I remember hearing a story about Danny Mills going to Leeds for signing talks. His agent said to him before they went into the meeting with Peter Ridsdale that they would go in high, and ask for £13,000 a week wages and then if they had to drop a few grand they would. When they walked into the meeting they were told Leeds would be looking to pay a maximum of £24,000 per week and not a penny more. Obviously the agent then changed his negotiating strategy accordingly!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Thu 1 Oct 20:14

I remember hearing that - think it was Seth Johnson rather than Danny Mills though.

Andy J
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Thu 1 Oct 20:47

Yeah Seth Johnson
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Fri 2 Oct 12:37

Quote:

red-star-par, Thu 1 Oct 18:35

Quote:

Johan_Cruyff, Fri 25 Sep 00:54

I remember hearing a story about Danny Mills going to Leeds for signing talks. His agent said to him before they went into the meeting with Peter Ridsdale that they would go in high, and ask for £13,000 a week wages and then if they had to drop a few grand they would. When they walked into the meeting they were told Leeds would be looking to pay a maximum of £24,000 per week and not a penny more. Obviously the agent then changed his negotiating strategy accordingly!

I heard it was worse. They agreed £15k before they went in as an opening gambit. They sat down and Risdale's first words were that Leeds United wouldn't pay a penny more than £35k. The negotiations ended with them shaking hands on £37k, Johnson and his agent got back to the car and both burst out laughing as soon as they shut the doors.

Might have grown arms and legs, however.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Fri 2 Oct 13:04

A myth if you believe the player

https://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth/seth-johnson-interview-true-leeds-story-retirement-struggles/

Post Edited (Fri 02 Oct 13:17)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net