DAFC.net
Home 04 March 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Ozil - a positive story for a change
Topic Originator: Mr Mac  
Date:   Tue 6 Oct 16:39

Offers to pay the wages of Gunnersaurus as long as he remains an Arsenal player to save the guy from redundancy.

Yes, it's obvious he can afford it no problem and doubt it will ingratiate him with the Arsenal support but fair play.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54440357

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ozil - a positive story for a change
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Tue 6 Oct 17:07

Not sure it will keep Gunners fans happy ,as he refused to take a pay cut ,which the rest of the squad did , and is on 350k a week

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Tue 6 Oct 17:50

I was told gunnersauruss was let go yesterday but I thought it was a wind up, imagine Sammy getting the boot, all he'll would break loose

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Johan_Cruyff  
Date:   Tue 6 Oct 18:07

Ozil would be better off just wearing the costume and being the mascot himself - about as close as he will get to the pitch for Arsenal again I would imagine

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Tue 6 Oct 23:46

The Arsenal fanbase (Piers Morgan apart) are generally supportive of Ozil, many want him back in the team. For good reason.

I.m fairly sure he.s being frozen out due to a board level decision. Something to do with tweeting support for the Uighurs, thus impacting Chinese revenue streams. And then refusing a pay cut. This is most likely his 2 fingers to the board.

it.s not a nice situation.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Wed 7 Oct 06:28

Why should he have taken a pay cut? Because it’s a nice thing to do? A contract is a contract. I wouldn’t have taken one either.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Wed 7 Oct 09:35

His reasoning for not taking it was that he wanted assurances that the paycut would be used to stave off redundancies. He didn.t get those assurances, so he refused (he wasn.t the only one to refuse, but he was the only one named).

Then Arsenal made the redundancies anyway.

Ozil isn.t the bad guy here.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Wed 7 Oct 09:50

In Ozil's defence I thought it was totally understandable. Stan Kroenke is a total crook, made those redundancies despite the players taking pay cuts and the club being rich enough to pay those people. Also spending £50 million whilst also sacking your club mascot on the same day isn't the best look. Ozil has been given a lot of stick, but it's not his fault he was given that contract or that he doesn't trust the owners enough to just hand back part of his wage.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net