DAFC.net
Home 29 November 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Pars tv
Topic Originator: fergie  
Date:   Fri 9 Oct 17:56

So Brian is Pars tv finished now? Whats the options for ex pats ?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Pars tv
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Fri 9 Oct 18:22

Personaly i think expats ard getting a raw deal an this should have continued .

My opinion is not cost related as even being a partv member I also purchase two season tkts each season.
Why can the membership not continue ? Yes we understand we wont get away games but this will come back eventually
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 9 Oct 18:33

It says on the site season tickets but there's an option for other sign ups that isn't live yet.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Oct 18:38

Quote:

Rigger Al, Fri 9 Oct 18:22

My opinion is not cost related as even being a partv member I also purchase two season tkts each season.
Why can the membership not continue ? Yes we understand we wont get away games but this will come back eventually

Agreed Al, we have never questioned the Pars tv cost and encouraged Brian and the team to charge more if they could improve the service with the fee increase to cover the purchase of HD cameras being an example
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Oct 18:52

Quote:

fergie, Fri 9 Oct 18:38

Quote:

Rigger Al, Fri 9 Oct 18:22

Agreed Al, we have never questioned the Pars tv cost and encouraged Brian and the team to charge more if they could improve the service with the fee increase to cover the purchase of HD cameras being an example

And ince we are back to normality scrambling to get parstv members to sign up again if it ever starts up .

We understand that we will not get access to away games and we can purchase on respective clubs .

But i would like to see Pars tv continue for all games at EEP and keep the membership live
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Oct 19:34

So we have lost something that was special about the pars and made working away tolerable by having the ability to tune in to see our team playing. Its like a conspiracy to stop supporters seeing football 😫
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Fri 9 Oct 19:38

Hi all. ParsTV will be along shortly.

tonight we are not streaming the Falkirk game but doing a Full Game Replay from midnight.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Oct 20:01

Quote:

brian, Fri 9 Oct 19:38

Hi all. ParsTV will be along shortly.

tonight we are not streaming the Falkirk game but doing a Full Game Replay from midnight.

Brian, when you gonna tell us the plans for the season?
The last email received from you june related to a 10 quid refund which I would suggest no one asked for
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Oct 20:05

the club will be sending out communications now regarding ParsTV.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Oct 20:32

Ok we wait with bated breath
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Oct 20:36

Surely need to give ParsTV a break here? These are unprecedented circumstances and its presumably it's complex giving Pars in foreign countries access given potential new deals for broadcasting this season?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Fri 9 Oct 20:45

Not easy for anyone involved. If I was an expat I wouldn't be pleased but equally there's a lot to sort out and they are a small minority of those that the club has to try and cater for because of the current situation.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Oct 20:47

Quote:

jake89, Fri 9 Oct 20:36

Surely need to give ParsTV a break here? These are unprecedented circumstances and its presumably it's complex giving Pars in foreign countries access given potential new deals for broadcasting this season?

Jake ,nobody is giving parstv a hard time simply members are asking wht the future holds .

Are you a partv member as if you are im sure you will also want to know .

I think Parstv members have supported Brian over the years and given donations and even offering to increase membership fee to help
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Fri 9 Oct 20:48

Do you not think he will tell you what the future holds once he knows himself?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Oct 21:07

lets not argue guys .o)

everybody at the club has a lot to do and we.re all working very hard behind the scenes.
can only apologise but we will be there when ready

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParsYob  
Date:   Sat 10 Oct 01:14

Anyone else have issues trying to click on the full game replay. I can’t anything on pars tv
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Oct 07:15

sorry, that was my fault will be clickable shortly

Season Ticket holder access to Full Game replay on now

Post Edited (Sat 10 Oct 09:41)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kingseat par  
Date:   Sat 10 Oct 09:29

Paid for the Falkirk match and received the confirmation email but can't figure out how to view.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: davepars  
Date:   Sat 10 Oct 09:55

League starts next week.......what.s the script???

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Oct 10:07

kingseat, I will check.

for next saturday you will be able to get a PPV on ParsTV.co.uk

so you should register or have a valid login in plenty time

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sat 10 Oct 10:08

Highlights from F*lkirk TV up

https://youtu.be/nhETnYNflmQ

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte

Post Edited (Sat 10 Oct 10:10)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Oct 10:59

kingseat, my apologies, there is a problem with the link.
I.m working on it and will get back to you soon. 30-40 minutes

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 10 Oct 11:15

Brian,

I have a problem too. I used my normal login and could not get in. I applied for a new password, but still can.t get in. Can you add me on your list of "to dos" please.

Cheers,

Oz

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Oct 11:28

Hi Oz,
thats stange ??
surely the system recognises you !

.o)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Oct 11:40

I.ve just had a haircut... so probably not.

:)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Thaipar  
Date:   Sat 10 Oct 11:50

Quote:

brian, Sat 10 Oct 11:28

Hi Oz,
thats stange ??
surely the system recognises you !

.o)

I just tried to log in and it's the same.
I asked for a new password but no email received so obviously system doesn't recognise us.

Please don't book me Admin, it will ruin my life.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kingseat par  
Date:   Sat 10 Oct 11:54

Thanks Brian, just finished watching the match. Still got afterglow :-)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Oct 16:11

As it stands I am not going to pay 3-400% more to View what I had last season.
Brian has passed the buck to EEP to come up with pricing but he thinks expats will not be offered a deal.
Expats over the years have paid our way in order to help PARSTV be where they are 8 years now I have paid for the stream, but won't be doing so anymore.
Covid isn't the fault of expats. The club fail to recognise our contribution, which I find disappointing as there would be no HD or replays as its the expats over the years who have paid for this. Yes you all get to se the highlights for free on. A Sunday morning thanks to us expats.
I will just give up the. 2 and 3am mid week games and the 10pm Saturdays. After cóvid has gone it is PARSTV that suffers the loss.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sat 10 Oct 16:50

I feel for ex-pats, this is only connection many of these guys have with the club , certainly the only way they get to watch their side, Some of these guys get up in the middle of the night to support the team in mid week games.

As Thaipar states above many have been in from day 1, over the years these guys have purchased season tickets for people they have never met as their way of helping the club through these difficult times.
I for one would not mind at all if our overseas fans are given the same deal as they have had in the past, I would be surprised and disappointed if any of our fans would expect our club to charge them anymore. It would be a great shame if DAFC can't help them until covid has passed and we are allowed back to EEP.
if it wasn't for these guys pars tv wouldn't be as good as it is now, further more when we get back to normality DAFC would expect all our overseas fans to sign back up to pars tv.

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.

Post Edited (Sat 10 Oct 16:51)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Oct 17:22

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Sat 10 Oct 16:50

I feel for ex-pats, this is only connection many of these guys have with the club , certainly the only way they get to watch their side, Some of these guys get up in the middle of the night to support the team in mid week games.

As Thaipar states above many have been in from day 1, over the years these guys have purchased season tickets for people they have never met as their way of helping the club through these difficult times.
I for one would not mind at all if our overseas fans are given the same deal as they have had in the past, I would be surprised and disappointed if any of our fans would expect our club to charge them anymore. It would be a great shame if DAFC can't help them until covid has passed and we are allowed back to EEP.
if it wasn't for these guys pars tv wouldn't be as good as it is now, further more when we get back to normality DAFC would expect all our overseas fans to sign back up to pars tv.

I agree with much of this. ParsTV will be relying on ex Pats when normality resumes and I think they should be given an exemption from the price hike.
I also think season ticket holders should get a discount as they too are losing out.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Aylesbury_Par  
Date:   Sat 10 Oct 18:08

I also dont think that the ex-pats should be facing a massive hike in price over what they have been paying.

As usual it is the noisy minority on here that seem to have an issue with them contributing as they have done over the years!

It is easy to drive people away from supporting the club but it is way harder to get them back.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sat 10 Oct 18:47

I hope common sense prevails for ex-pats , I have a lot of sympathy for them
I am a season ticket holder so as it stands with the Covid situation I will be lucky if I see the pars at East End Park before next season ( hope not )so like other season ticket holders I am now relying on pars tv to see my team and if it wasn.t for the Ex pats what would the quality be like ? These are the people that has helped pars tv from day one and have contributed to pars tv being of good quality now !
and I also read many buy season tickets even though they will not have the chance to use them as well as doing other fund raising events to bring money into the club
So c.mon Board show some common sense they should be exempt from any price hikes in the long run it is a win win situation ! Nobody stops contributing and we continue getting the support of the ex-pats as every bit helps as we are always told , so time to for the club to do their bit for the ex-pats
Cmon ye pars !!!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Oct 18:50

I haven.t seen a single post that has an issue with ex-pats contributing nor a post that suggests they should pay more than they have been. They are as important as all other fans and that should be recognised.

The guys at ParsTV are volunteers though, unless I.m mistaken,who are doing their bit for the club-they shouldn.t get it in the neck for decisions that aren.t made by them.If it is the club who has made the decision then direct it at them. It may even be that the club has had the terms dictated to them by the powers that be.Does anybody ultimately know who made the decision and the reasons behind it?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Sat 10 Oct 18:54

Have the prices been announced?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stooie  
Date:   Sat 10 Oct 19:06

I have been in hospital for a spell and have missed some of the exchanges about charging. I understand about paying for away games and am sympathetic with expats and hope that something gets sorted out for them. I am, though, more immediately concerned about whether as a season ticket holder I have to pay as well when I view home games on my TV (using Firestick) or on my PC. I have seen nothing about this so could someone clarify this for me?

Stuart Wardrop
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Oct 19:11

Quote:

parathletic, Sat 10 Oct 18:50

I haven.t seen a single post that has an issue with ex-pats contributing nor a post that suggests they should pay more than they have been. They are as important as all other fans and that should be recognised.

The guys at ParsTV are volunteers though, unless I.m mistaken,who are doing their bit for the club-they shouldn.t get it in the neck for decisions that aren.t made by them.If it is the club who has made the decision then direct it at them. It may even be that the club has had the terms dictated to them by the powers that be.Does anybody ultimately know who made the decision and the reasons behind it?

As I said in my post Brian has passed pricing for PARSTV to the BoD..
Pars TV is owned and run by Brian but he says he's too busy just now so has passed it too the BoD to sort out.

Whilst in the same breath saying expats won't be offered a deal as games may be cancelled!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Oct 19:19

I thought it was included for season ticket holders? I think Pars.tv match price was something like £7.50 a game when I’ve used it on holiday so can’t imagine it costing 3 or 4 times that

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Oct 19:21

Quote:

P, Sat 10 Oct 19:19

I thought it was included for season ticket holders? I think Pars.tv match price was something like £7.50 a game when I’ve used it on holiday so can’t imagine it costing 3 or 4 times that

That's a pay per game price.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Oct 19:33

Posted from the Android app Topic Originator: Thaipar like | nolike
Date: Sat 10 Oct 19:11

Quote:

Pars TV is owned and run by Brian but he says he.s too busy just now so has passed it too the BoD to sort out.

Whilst in the same breath saying expats won.t be offered a deal as games may be cancelled!

If that.s the case , I.ll take your word for it, it.s pretty clear that your frustrations should be directed at the board. I.m sure Brian has a life and other commitments outside of ParsTV.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Sat 10 Oct 20:00

Quote:

Thaipar, Sat 10 Oct 19:11

Quote:

Pars TV is owned and run by Brian but he says he's too busy just now so has passed it too the BoD to sort out.

Whilst in the same breath saying expats won't be offered a deal as games may be cancelled!

Away and dry your eyes
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sat 10 Oct 20:10

Brian is very busy just now. Still a lot of issues with the site that still need fixed. And he's the guy that does it... And Milos too.
Both are busy.
Just saying.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mr Mac  
Date:   Sat 10 Oct 21:26

Quote:

Stooie, Sat 10 Oct 19:06

I have been in hospital for a spell and have missed some of the exchanges about charging. I understand about paying for away games and am sympathetic with expats and hope that something gets sorted out for them. I am, though, more immediately concerned about whether as a season ticket holder I have to pay as well when I view home games on my TV (using Firestick) or on my PC. I have seen nothing about this so could someone clarify this for me?

Stooie, as a season ticket holder you will be able to watch home league games that aren't on TV via the pars TV site (works on firestick via the browser) you just need your season ticket number and postcode iirc.

You could test it out by logging in and watching the full Falkirk game from Friday .... Think you need to log in anyway.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Oct 21:58

Think this post is getting blown out of context .
I dont believe any ex pat is giving Brian and the Pars team a hard time .In fact the oposite they have been congratulated and given recognition on many times
Simply the Ex pat parstv members are asking for update as its been rumoured that the parstv would close
I recall a lot of support for Brian and his team over the years and make various contributions to help improve the quality .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 10 Oct 22:18

I'm really glad this thread doesn't go over old ground.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 00:39

Quote:

widtink, Sat 10 Oct 20:10

Brian is very busy just now. Still a lot of issues with the site that still need fixed. And he's the guy that does it... And Milos too.
Both are busy.
Just saying.

No one is putting the blame on Brian. As I clearly stated he has passed the pricing task to the BoD, but from his understanding he doesn't think us expats will get a season pass.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 00:44

Using phrases like "pass the buck" don't exactly help.

Try winding your collective necks in...... might not be a bad idea.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 00:53

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 11 Oct 00:44

Using phrases like "pass the buck" don't exactly help.

Try winding your collective necks in...... might not be a bad idea.

Give it a rest .I think its not unreasonable to ask what the status is as we are a week away from league commencing
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 01:50

To be honest you and your rich mates sound like a bunch of spoiled little toads.

You'll be told when there's something to tell. Until then you'll just have to count your money

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 02:01

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 11 Oct 01:50

To be honest you and your rich mates sound like a bunch of spoiled little toads.

You'll be told when there's something to tell. Until then you'll just have to count your money

Really ! Rich mates ,your an embaresment ,all people who are working overseas sacrafice seeing their kids grow up ,mis birthdays ,celebrations and at times funerals ofvloved ones .
Dont you ever call me a rich kid
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 02:05

And for the record I support my club in anyway I can ,its not your buisness to judge me or anyother ex pat ,so get back in your box .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 02:07

Quote:

What a plonker you really are. Don't you think we work for a living?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gegganpar  
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 08:19

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Sat 10 Oct 16:50

Totally agree.

J angus blacklaws
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 08:23

I can understand the frustration, it would be good to get some clarity about what the arrangements will be for this season. Also in any situation when you are use to getting something, and then can no longer access it, that does cause a greater sense of disappointment.

I don.t think there is much need to start bickering at each other, if people want to let out their frustration a little on this board then fair enough, so long as it is not in the form of personal attacks at people. I think that every single ex-pat has stated publicly on numerous occasions how much we appreciate the effort the Pars TV guys make and how they have created a service which is really very good.

Everyone.s situation is different, if for this season, I have to pay a .normal. season ticket price then under the circumstances I am happy to do it. Similarly for one year I am happy to support other SPFL clubs by paying for one off away games, so long as they don.t get too greedy in terms of the price and actually provide a watchable stream. Maybe the club could do something more imaginative with the pricing if they do feel they need to charge everyone the same price, give expats a voucher for a free game or 2 for when they return to EEP for example? I did inspire our first win home last year when I was back for the Ayr game in October :)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 08:49

I suppose it depends on how much the club charges for the privilege of providing the service. The team will need to ensure they cover the costs. I'd hope for a fairly flat structure with perhaps a discount for existing subscribers. So perhaps:

Season ticket - "Free"
UK fans - £x
Overseas migrants who already subscribe - £x - 25%

I'd hope for all subscribers there would be an option to overpay to cover families watching together.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 08:51

Out of interest, how much was an ex pat season ticket in previous years?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 08:57

Thaipar makes a valid point that we all benefit from the Expats/ParsTV relationship in having free access next day to the highlights, something that I personally have taken for granted.

Perhaps an idea would be to charge a small nominal fee for access to the highlights to all fans to assist in raising revenue for the club?

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 09:32

can I apologise for input from me in recent times. I really appreciate where we are all coming from.

having set up ParsTV to work for up to a maximum of 250 people it was clear that it could not cope with having say 1,000 or thousands on the stream.

having seen problems with Pixellot and others the last couple of weeks have been very frantic at my end !

Do I have a working system ? yes we had 900 PPV on a system yesterday.
did I have any problems ? yes.

the problems related to Paypal users paying with a different email address (which overnight we have come up with a great solution!).

The other issue was for passwords getting out to Sky and Ntlworld users (something we need to resolve quickly)

For the Pars first game next week it will be madness at my end with sseason ticket holders and PPV trying to get access.

I believe we have fine tuned things to make it a lot easier to get into the system and hence reduce the load of support.

I can say (unfortunately) that some folk will have issues but hope that we hopr issues are reduced a good amount by what we have implemented.

thank you for your support.

Brian

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 12:16

Pricing is a tricky issue. I'm being devil's advocate here, but some things to consider...

Ex pats who've used the service in the past may feel they're due some sort of loyalty bonus, but in reality they were customers rather than investors.

You could be Sky customer for years, but they'll still put your price up while offering discounts to new customers.

Should all expats get a discount? What if this is their first time subscribing? That wouldn't really be fair.

Because we're all at home, we're all paying for the same service. Would it be fair to charge people in the UK more for the same product?

Remember that the savings from buying a regular season ticket is usually roughly equivalent to 2 free games. If the first few games are online only, some people might be tempted to cancel and pay as you go.

Maybe in terms of overseas subscribers the numbers are relatively low, so the bod can just can afford to give a discount and hope it doesn't upset the rest of the support that makes up a much larger majority.

Maybe a solution would be to continue to offer the parstv season ticket only to overseas fans and at a discounted rate?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 12:35

Thai, Rigger and others make valid points. A really excellent empathetic post from Gegganpar who hits the nail on the head. A good post too from Buccuresti Par and a number of other reasoned posts. Da number one’s highly offensive post on the other hand simply reflects very badly on its author. As others have noted a number of expats have contributed to help the club over the years (buying or sponsoring season tickets, contributing to administration costs and helping “Buy the Pars”, fund raising (E.g. Thai’s shirts, supporting some of Kenny’s initiatives, Centenary Club memberships etc.) or through other support (such as development club contributions). ParsTV is our main link from far away. As Brian will testify he has had loyal backing over the years which has helped improve equipment and the quality and reliability of the feed which everyone has (through highlights) and is now benefitting from. Brian and his Pars TV team of course deserve most of the credit for this and my thanks for their hard work in doing this. We just need to get a solution so expats can get a season-ticket to watch the home games too. Understandable that away games can’t be covered this season with other clubs looking to generate revenue. The Kilmarnock game is fast approaching and hopefully something can be sorted in time. It would be a stupid own goal for the club to not come up with a solution for expats who have loyally supported Pars TV over the years.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 13:00

Quote:

No1,I hope your hangover was worth it, you must have been totally rat ar$ed to post such $hite.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 13:01

Fcda - While I would agree us Expats have largely been customers - we have over the years also been happy to be charged a bit more if this was needed and was going to help improve and get better equipment for ParsTV. We have also been guinea pigs to some extent as the service was not without its issues in the earlier days. Thus to a limited extent there has also been an investment component which everyone now can benefit from. Give me ParsTV over Pixellot any day (based on Dumbarton game coverage although their commentary team did well). If you read the posts you will see the main issue is NOT Expats wanting a much cheaper deal than other local season-ticket holders this season. but rather primarily Expats wanting to get a system set up for virtual ex Pat season tickets so we too can watch home games for this season. Everyone is very busy but hopefully something can sorted before the Killie game. We also all understand times are difficult and the club needs revenue.

correction - should be before ICT game as Killie match is an away game

Post Edited (Sun 11 Oct 16:23)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 13:04

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Sun 11 Oct 13:00

Quote:

No1,I hope your hangover was worth it, you must have been totally rat ar$ed to post such $hite.

Believe it or not I was sober (October)

I was half joking. Just getting a bit p1ssed off at the rants directed at a club volunteer about something that hasn't been announced yet.

Just wait and see what the club announces.

Apologies to any ex-pats I may have offended

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 13:34

👍

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rikaka  
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 13:40

The problems they may be facing is leaving the system open to abuse.

It isn't very difficult to go through a VPN and look to be aboard and get any discount that may be on offer.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 14:07

Genuine question, regardless of previous pricing when the product wasn't available to all... why would the pricing be substantially more for someone living in the uk for the exact same product?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 14:09

Brian will know long standing Ex-Pat clients and will know who are bona-fide expats who live abroad. Recent Pars expats could be asked for proof of foreign residence. We are dealing with a few expats who would get a virtual season ticket. In previous years we have had our own log in with passcode number.
You can have individual match tickets for others who want to watch a match.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 14:14

As someone who has used ParsTV extensively over the past 6? Maybe 7 years I have absolutely no problem with the price being the same as what everyone else will pay, I don't really get the logic of that because you've used it for a while, you then in turn deserve some of the credit, and benefit for ParsTv being in its current state?

Let's be brutally honest, Pars fans living away from Dunfermline have been incredibly lucky that we've been able to watch Dunfermline consistently, week in week out, as far as I'm aware we're the only club to have had this service for as long, who aren't in the Premier. And that's been achieved by Brian and others sinking countless hours into it for very little reward, however he's had an absolute f*cking boatload of abuse and criticism on this forum whenever a stream does go badly, despite Brian being incredibly quick to give out refunds, we haven't been "Guinea pigs", it wasn't a chore to pay to watch Dunfermline play, we've been very privileged.

Charge the same as every other pars fan regardless of location, more than happy. When this is all done and it goes back to those abroad you can lower the price, you can keep it as it was, either way I'll count myself fortunate there's pars fans with enough patience and know how to allow me to watch Dunfermline on a Saturday regardless of where I am in the world, providing I've got Internet!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 14:58

"If you read the posts you will see the main issue is NOT Expats wanting a much cheaper deal than other local season-ticket holders this season. but rather primarily Expats wanting to get a system set up for virtual ex Pat season tickets so we too can watch home games for this season"

every fan is in the same situation so there is a system already in place imo, a normal season ticket which is virtual potentially for all 15 home games currently left.
the PPV news will come out this week which again allows fans access, depending on the pricing of that a season ticket might be a better deal.

Post Edited (Sun 11 Oct 15:01)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 16:22

Do all pars TV subscribers live abroad?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 16:28

Not sure I’m following this.

I’ve got a season ticket at £250.

So that works out at £16.67 per match.

So what are ex-pats being asked to pay? More?

The harsh reality is we are all going to be Pars TV subscribers this year.

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 16:32

Quote:

Grant, Sun 11 Oct 14:14
Let's be brutally honest, Pars fans living away from Dunfermline have been incredibly lucky that we've been able to watch Dunfermline consistently, week in week out, as far as I'm aware we're the only club to have had this service for as long, who aren't in the Premier. And that's been achieved by Brian and others sinking countless hours into it for very little reward, however he's had an absolute f*cking boatload of abuse and criticism on this forum whenever a stream does go badly, despite Brian being incredibly quick to give out refunds, we haven't been "Guinea pigs", it wasn't a chore to pay to watch Dunfermline play, we've been very privileged.

Grant. My cap is doffed to you. A very very good post indeed. If there's one point for me that deserved to be made it's the one where Brian gets the appreciation he deserves.
I don't know the guy, wouldn't recognise him if I walked past him in the street but the time he seems to devote to the club's online content and other IT related projects is unbelievable and sometimes despite the crap that gets directed at him on here.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 17:00

That was my point, I'm just really terrible at putting over diplomatically, as no one who knows me would be surprised at

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 17:05

Quote:

Angus_W, Sun 11 Oct 16:28

Not sure I’m following this.

I’ve got a season ticket at £250.

So that works out at £16.67 per match.

So what are ex-pats being asked to pay? More?

The harsh reality is we are all going to be Pars TV subscribers this year.

Google suggests a season pass was £125 last year for many more games so ex pat price ‘could’ jump quite a lot if they have to match season ticket price (which they would be unable to use if we were allowed back in the ground)

Post Edited (Sun 11 Oct 17:07)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 17:21

...but in this year where there.s real financial peril - hundreds upon hundreds of people stumped up hundreds and hundreds of pounds to pay for season tickets that we knew would result in limited value and limited if any use.

so again, why should the people that dug deep be charged more than others for the exact same product?

...or to put it another way, why should season ticket holders be expected to be happy at paying top money and receiving an inferior match day experience through a product that is sold to other much cheaper?

should season ticket holders throw their toys out the pram and threaten never to come back?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 17:25

Grant - my use of the term guinea pigs was not meant to be pejorative and critical but rather just acknowledging this was a learning experience and ParsTV has got better and better as a result. While some may have got a bit upset on occassion when there were streaming issues I think if you ask Brian you will find that most subscribers have been pretty understanding when there were issues (now pretty rare). I agree with you that we have been very very lucky to have Brian, Jordan and the rest of the volunteer team who have put in so much work on our behalf over the years. There have also been many appreciative positive comments over the years too. Like you I am extremely grateful for ParsTv. I phoned Brian this afternoon and just for the record he confirmed that without the expat season ticket holders and foreign pay per view subscribers there wouldn’t be a free highlights service that we all have benefitted from. He indicated that the money raised over the years has largely been ploughed back into equipment. It is a while back and both our memories are rusty, but we both think that one year we had a whip round to help buy ParsTV a new camera or laptop. Subscribers have also indicated a willingness to pay a little more if it was needed to get kit. Anyway that is just for the record. As for viewing our home games I presume we will shortly be able to subscribe on a pay per view basis for each home game. The Dumbarton pay per view match ticket was £12 and that fee was apparently set following discussion with DAFC. Brian reckons that probably will be the sort of level of pricing level for Championship games. We will have to register and pay separately for away matches this season which is understandable and can help other clubs. If you were to include the delayed streamed Falkirk game there are 16 home games. The current season ticket price represents 78.125. of what it would cost to attend all 16 matches in the Norrie. If you exclude the Falkirk game the season ticket cost represents 83.33. of walk up costs. There are 15 home games left and supposing the club do settle on a £12 per game Pay per view ticket price (for home and away fans) that comes to £180 if you buy all 15 remaining home matches individually (£192 if you include a delayed Falkirk game). How much pay per view tickets cost will be the key metric to use for pricing any Expat season ticket. If most clubs decide to charge around £12 a game for pay per view then many away fans won’t be keen to pay as much to us as £16:50 odd. If you applied similar season ticket discounts calculated above then this would give an equivalent virtual season ticket price of £140-£150. Having a season ticket and one payment is a lot easier than having to register and pay for each game separately even if there is no season discount applied to help boost club funding. Someone wrote the club may be hesitant to have anything other than pay per view in case games are called off. However look at last season - people didn’t want refunds for Covid cancelled games. I am sure it would be the same for any expat season ticket. I certainly wouldn’t be looking for any refund. The money would help the club and eXtra risk is factored in anyway with a slightly discounted season ticket price.

Post Edited (Sun 11 Oct 17:56)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 17:35

Hopefully local season ticket holders will eventually be allowed back with socially distanced seating later in the season.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 18:03

Quote:

RhinoPars, Sun 11 Oct 17:25

Grant - my use of the term guinea pigs was not meant to be pejorative and critical but rather just acknowledging this was a learning experience and ParsTV has got better and better as a result. While some may have got a bit upset on occassion when there were streaming issues I think if you ask Brian you will find that most subscribers have been pretty understanding when there were issues (now pretty rare). I agree with you that we have been very very lucky to have Brian, Jordan and the rest of the volunteer team who have put in so much work on our behalf over the years. There have also been many appreciative positive comments over the years too. Like you I am extremely grateful for ParsTv. I phoned Brian this afternoon and just for the record he confirmed that without the expat season ticket holders and foreign pay per view subscribers there wouldn’t be a free highlights service that we all have benefitted from. He indicated that the money raised over the years has largely been ploughed back into equipment. It is a while back and both our memories are rusty, but we both think that one year we had a whip round to help buy ParsTV a new camera or laptop. Subscribers have also indicated a willingness to pay a little more if it was needed to get kit. Anyway that is just for the record. As for viewing our home games I presume we will shortly be able to subscribe on a pay per view basis for each home game. The Dumbarton pay per view match ticket was £12 and that fee was apparently set following discussion with DAFC. Brian reckons that probably will be the sort of level of pricing level for Championship games. We will have to register and pay separately for away matches this season which is understandable and can help other clubs. If you were to include the delayed streamed Falkirk game there are 16 home games. The current season ticket price represents 78.125. of what it would cost to attend all 16 matches in the Norrie. If you exclude the Falkirk game the season ticket cost represents 83.33. of walk up costs. There are 15 home games left and supposing the club do settle on a £12 per game Pay per view ticket price (for home and away fans) that comes to £180 if you buy all 15 remaining home matches individually (£192 if you include a delayed Falkirk game). If you applied similar season ticket discounts calculated above then this would give an equivalent virtual season ticket price of £140-£150. Having a season ticket and one payment is a lot easier than having to register and pay for each game separately. Someone wrote the club may be hesitant to have anything other than pay per view in case games are called off. However look at last season - people didn’t want refunds for Covid cancelled games. I am sure it would be the same for any expat season ticket. I certainly wouldn’t be looking for any refund. The money would help the club and eXtra risk is factored in anyway with a slightly discounted sea
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 18:32

The idea of anyone getting any preferential treatment during these unprecedented times is ridiculous.
Just pay the going rate like everyone else or don't bother.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 18:35

It.s a difficult one, and like all the stuff with promotion, relegation and reconstruction, there won.t be an outcome that everyone is happy with. Such is the nature of things at the moment.

Would a solution be to have three categories:

1 - full season ticket - allows access to home games in the ground whenever allowed, and access to online streams in the meantime

2 - streaming only season ticket - allows access to online streams of all games in territories in which it is legal for stream to be received. Available to those abroad as well as locals. for locals, it would have to be on the understanding that some games might not be available this way later in the season. Possibly the folk affected could have option to upgrade to an in-the-ground season ticket for some payment, later in the season

3 - PPV - standard price for each game, which is the same for everyone

Just one comment on the point about how local fans are in debt of those abroad for being able to watch highlights. This is dubious, to say the least. Pars TV was initially a highlights service, with 2 minute highlights from the club.s training footage allowd to be put on the club website.

The highlights service had been going for some time before live streaming came in. The first live stream was one of dubious legality, and was audio only. I remember it well, as it was my commentary that was streamed (which included a muffled .WTF was Harper doing there?.) at a midweek game at Airdrie, probably 2008 or 2009. A proposal for live video streaming was put to the board, but it was rejected. the statement said that instead they.d like to offer a regular audio stream, under the awful name of .Dunfermline Radio.. There.s no doubt that the money received from those who have paid for the service over the years has helped to get new equipment and those watching highlights benefit from this, bt it.s simply not true to say that highlights would never have been available without those abroad paying for streaming.

What I suggest above might work - the difficulty is perhaps what price option 2 is set to.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 18:36

Big Jpar ,dont see anyone asking for preferential treatment
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 18:37

Quote:

Socks, Sun 11 Oct 18:35

It.s a difficult one, and like all the stuff with promotion, relegation and reconstruction, there won.t be an outcome that everyone is happy with. Such is the nature of things at the moment.

Would a solution be to have three categories:

1 - full season ticket - allows access to home games in the ground whenever allowed, and access to online streams in the meantime

2 - streaming only season ticket - allows access to online streams of all games in territories in which it is legal for stream to be received. Available to those abroad as well as locals. for locals, it would have to be on the understanding that some games might not be available this way later in the season. Possibly the folk affected could have option to upgrade to an in-the-ground season ticket for some payment, later in the season

3 - PPV - standard price for each game, which is the same for everyone

Just one comment on the point about how local fans are in debt of those abroad for being able to watch highlights. This is dubious, to say the least. Pars TV was initially a highlights service, with 2 minute highlights from the club.s training footage allowd to be put on the club website.

The highlights service had been going for some time before live streaming came in. The first live stream was one of dubious legality, and was audio only. I remember it well, as it was my commentary that was streamed (which included a muffled .WTF was Harper doing there?.) at a midweek game at Airdrie, probably 2008 or 2009. A proposal for live video streaming was put to the board, but it was rejected. the statement said that instead they.d like to offer a regular audio stream, under the awful name of .Dunfermline Radio.. There.s no doubt that the money received from those who have paid for the service over the years has helped to get new equipment and those watching highlights benefit from this, bt it.s simply not true to say that highlights would never have been available without those abroad paying for streaming.

What I suggest above might work - the difficulty is perhaps what price option 2 is set to.

Can't be any less than a season ticket or else a VPN could be used by anyone to access.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 18:47

We are in difficult times and perhaps us expats could also do what normal season ticket holders are doing and be prepared to pay a bit more than the value we might get this season. If say pay per view is set at say £12 a game then for 15 remaining home games that would be a maximum of £180 (with no discount). The club would presumably benefit from getting money up front and less admin. Don.t forget that with the value of a walk up ticket for a live game £20 in the Norrie if regular local season ticket holders were to see 6 games on Pars TV and get to see the remaining 9 live that would be worth £252 not £180. If you were able to even see 5/15 live that would be worth £220 (and thus you would be effectively supporting the club for $30). Remember Expats are not going to be so lucky as to be able to attend in person should fans be allowed back. I think it was last season or the season before that some older fans decided to pay full price for their season tickets (that would otherwise have been discounted) to help the club. Perhaps us expats who would be prepared to buy a virtual season ticket could elect to do the same and pay the full £180 foregoing any usual season discount (assuming £12 ppv/game). This would effectively donate what could be a season-ticket discount of around £40 to help the club in these difficult times. After all regular season ticket holders already will be giving away some value should there be 7 or more remaining streamed home games due to Covid restrictions. Everyone would be in the same sort of boat so to speak with all helping the club at this difficult time. Now is the time for everyone to pull together for the good of the club at this diffiicult time.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 19:18

Socks - Reasoned post as ever. I was just relaying what Brian told me on the phone today. There may have been some sort of service. but it is pretty clear from talking to Brian that the quality, extent and reliability of the streaming service and highlights wouldn.t have been the same without the expat season and PPV tickets. Perhaps "in debt" is a bit strong considering the thing we all have to be most thankful for is the hard work from all the ParsTV volunteers. Without their hard work there wouldn.t be a ParsTV. I think what expats were really trying to get across is that perhaps could be a little more understanding that ParsTV is in a much better place with better equipment and quality and reliability than it would have been otherwise. Fortunately it can come to the party to provide access to live games to many.

Big J Par - Afraid I have to disagree. As my post above indicates if local fans are allowed back into EEP at some stage during the season the value of their season ticket increases (as live matches are worth and cost more than streamed matches). The same wouldn.t happen for Expats. Also if you have PPV (which all clubs appear to be aiming to do) then the maximum reasonable price to charge is PPV price per game X number of home games (in this case assuming no season discount). Also we are not talking about a huge number of Expat season ticket holders and a season ticket is bought once with a linked passcode provided for that user and email. Brian knows many of us and where most of us live anyway. Simple job to require proof of residence for any new Expat Pars fans before issuing an Expat season ticket.

Comment - I could have phrased it better but what was meant was there wouldn’t have been the same high quality highlights we have become used to which you yourself acknowledge. Brian kindly showed me round the system at EEP one day and there is much more kit involved that you would think. That all costs.

Post Edited (Sun 11 Oct 20:36)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 20:00

Quote:

RhinoPars, Sun 11 Oct 19:18

Socks - Reasoned post as ever. I was just relaying what Brian told me on the phone today. There may have been some sort of service. but it is pretty clear from talking to Brian that the quality, extent and reliability of the streaming service and highlights wouldn.t have been the same without the expat season and PPV tickets. Perhaps "in debt" is a bit strong considering the thing we all have to be most thankful for is the hard work from all the ParsTV volunteers. Without their hard work there wouldn.t be a ParsTV. I think what expats were really trying to get across is that perhaps could be a little more understanding that ParsTV is in a much better place with better equipment and quality and reliability than it would have been otherwise. Fortunately it can come to the party to provide access to live games to many.

Big J Par - Afraid I have to disagree. As my post above indicates if local fans are allowed back into EEP at some stage during the season the value of their season ticket increases (as live matches are worth and cost more than streamed matches). The same wouldn.t happen for Expats. Also if you have PPV (which all clubs appear to be aiming to do) then the maximum reasonable price to charge is PPV price per game X number of home games (in this case assuming no season discount). Also we are not talking about a huge number of Expat season ticket holders and a season ticket is bought once with a linked passcode provided for that user and email. Brian knows many of us and where most of us live anyway. Simple job to require proof of residence for any new Expat Pars fans before issuing an Expat season ticket.

Can't get folk expecting a discount compared to Scotland based fans.
Seems a wee bit selfish and tight fisted to me.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 20:09

Was it not groovy Dave or something that started the highlights? Whatever happened to him
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 20:41

Maybe im misunderstanding
Parstv was only watchable live by members or people paying if outside Scotland.

What we are now havingbis ppv which is different set up.

Dont know any expat who is asking to pay less simply asking if Parstv is going to continue for expats
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 20:51

Interesting thread.........

Surely this is about choices in life.

Some live local, some don’t + some live overseas.

If I go to a home game it’s £32 (ticket + travel minimum) - That’s my choice I’m not going to total it up & look for value for money over a season.

We all do our bit, let’s face it is any of it value for money?

Sentiment, passion, family, nostalgia or love for the Pars.

Let’s hope that one day we can all get back to EEP (in person or virtually).

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 02:05

[The highlights service had been going for some time before live streaming came in. The first live stream was one of dubious legality, and was audio only. I remember it well, as it was my commentary that was streamed (which included a muffled .WTF was Harper doing there?.) at a midweek game at Airdrie, probably 2008 or 2009.......]

For the sake of accuracy, the first livestream pre-dated this event by a very long way. It occurred in 2004 when the Pars played in Iceland. Lux Par was responsible for arranging and largely financing the live stream as far as I can recall.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 07:53

Good point Oz - Lux was a pioneer when he introduced his service and we owe him a debt of gratitude too. Was that still in the era when we had dial up internet with all those connection noises? Groovy, Lux, Brian, Jordan and everyone else have all played their part in the evolution of what we have today.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 10:01

That.s true, though I was talking (quite clearly I think) about Pars TV rather than the 2004 stream which I think was done independent of the club, so there.s no inaccuracy in my comment.

Rhino - just a couple of points, though I don.t think we really disagree all that much. It.s not at all surprising that a good amount of equipment is required to stream, but not all of that is required to make highlights available after games. For highlights, what is needed is a camera to record it, a computer of some description to do the editing (with the necessary software), and someone willing to spend the time on the editing. The video quality is definitely better now than when I was involved with it in the early days, when footage was filmed using a cheap camcorder, but I do still object to the notion there would be no highlights available for anyone without the funding from those abroad. Not so much your comment, but this one from above was particularly irritating:

Yes you all get to se the highlights for free on. A Sunday morning thanks to us expats.

My instictive reaction to that comment was that footage is only available at all because the club exists, which would not be the case without the regular support of thousands who pay to attend games.

And that is what makes it such a difficult one - yes, there should be some understanding for those abroad whose contributions have helped get it to the point where the amount of extra work required to provide a stream to a much bigger audience is less than if it was being done from scratch. But there also has to be some understanding shown the other way as well - from those abroad towards those locally who have regularly paid at the gate and who find it unreasonable to pay more than someone abroad for exactly the same thing, despite having paid much more money over the years to see games than those abroad have been required to. I take the point that some of you have paid voluntarily for things beyond the basic service, but that applies to locals as well. You talked about empathy earlier, but that has to work both ways.

Some people are going to be unhappy, however it goes. I.m pleased though to see some appreciation of the work done, particularly by Brian. I don.t know the detail of what.s been involved, but as someone who works on technical things myself, I know very well that getting anything up and working properly takes a load of effort and footering. If we.re able to see home games at all this season on a stream that.s of reasonable quality, we shoudl all be very grateful indeed to Brian for all the effort involved here.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 10:26

No one is doubting Brian.s contribution. Not for a single moment.

Nor the fact that this is a continuum. All the way back to Tracey Haldane and Douglas Scott and LuxPar.

You are right to be irritated about the claim that expats are responsible for the quality of the highlights. That is arrant nonsense. But don.t get sensitive about being pulled up for a factual inaccuracy. You should know better than that.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 10:43

No. You perhaps misunderstood what I meant (maybe my paragraph split confused you), but what I said was not factually inaccurate.

Pars TV was initially a highlights service, with 2 minute highlights from the club.s training footage allowd to be put on the club website.

The highlights service had been going for some time before live streaming came in...

What.s inaccurate about that? Pars TV was not the saem thing as Internet Football (Lux TV) that went before. I was talking about live streaming on Pars TV.

Probably not really worth arguing about, but hopefully that makes clear what I meant.

Post Edited (Mon 12 Oct 10:44)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 10:52

Okay Socks. Clearly accepting even the very mildest of criticism is not in your vocabulary. I understand where you are coming from. No worries. Have a nice day.

:)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 10:54

Where does the money come from for the Pars.tv crew to travel to away games.
Like i said expats are paying towards the highlights.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 11:19

I again state thatvmy understanding is that i do not see a single expat is requesting preferential treatment simply asking will parsv continue or is this being replaced by PPV .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 11:23

Correct Rigger Al.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 11:37

"As it stands I am not going to pay 3-400. more to View what I had last season.
Brian has passed the buck to EEP to come up with pricing but he thinks expats will not be offered a deal.
Expats over the years have paid our way in order to help PARSTV be where they are 8 years now I have paid for the stream, but won.t be doing so anymore.
Covid isn.t the fault of expats. The club fail to recognise our contribution, which I find disappointing as there would be no HD or replays as its the expats over the years who have paid for this. Yes you all get to se the highlights for free on. A Sunday morning thanks to us expats.
I will just give up the. 2 and 3am mid week games and the 10pm Saturdays. After cóvid has gone it is PARSTV that suffers the loss"

"Where does the money come from for the Pars.tv crew to travel to away games.
Like i said expats are paying towards the highlights."

"I also dont think that the ex-pats should be facing a massive hike in price over what they have been paying."

"So c.mon Board show some common sense they should be exempt from any price hikes in the long run it is a win win situation"

Yeah no-one is giving Brian a hard time & no-one is looking for preferential treatment.

For the record, I had no idea ex-pats provided the funding for the highlights on a Sunday night. If that.s the case, why did no-one suggest a small payment be made direct to them every season so we wouldn.t have to thank them on a daily basis for their generosity.

Post Edited (Mon 12 Oct 11:39)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 11:51

Quote:

da_no_1, Mon 12 Oct 11:37

Expats over the years have paid our way in order to help PARSTV be where they are 8 years now I have paid for the stream, but won.t be doing so anymore.
Covid isn.t the fault of expats. The club fail to recognise our contribution, which I find disappointing as there would be no HD or replays as its the expats over the years who have paid for this. Yes you all get to se the highlights for free on. A Sunday morning thanks to us expats.
I will just give up the. 2 and 3am mid week games and the 10pm Saturdays. After cóvid has gone it is PARSTV that suffers the loss"

"I also dont think that the ex-pats should be facing a massive hike in price over what they have been paying."

"So c.mon Board show some common sense they should be exempt from any price hikes in the long run it is a win win situation"

Yeah no-one is giving Brian a hard time & no-one is looking for preferential treatment.

For the record, I had no idea ex-pats provided the funding for the highlights on a Sunday night. If that.s the case, why did no-one suggest a small payment be made direct to them every season so we wouldn.t have to thank them on a daily basis for their generosity.

And where exactly is Brian getting a hard time??
And according to you Da no1 wwe don't need your money so best Brian leaves the highlights for free. Don't want you choking on your rusks.

Post Edited (Mon 12 Oct 11:53)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 12:04

Thaipar - I along with nearly 2000 others paid well over £200 for a season ticket for the coming season. There is no guarantee I.ll get to set foot inside EEP before summer 2021. Show me a post where I.ve complained about that? I.ve gone on record saying that I knew this would be the case but did it anyway because I want to do my bit to help my club survive the current situation. I.m fortunate that I can afford to do this, I know many others can.t.

Contrast this with you. You.ve done nothing but bleat, whine & moan about the fact that the fee you pay to watch a live stream MAY increase by a few quid.

You really do need to get over yourself.

Brian must have the patience of a saint. If I was him I would have told the likes of you to shove your ParsTV up your @rse years ago.

Post Edited (Mon 12 Oct 12:05)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 12:31

Quote:

da_no_1, Mon 12 Oct 12:04

Thaipar - I along with nearly 2000 others paid well over £200 for a season ticket for the coming season. There is no guarantee I.ll get to set foot inside EEP before summer 2021. Show me a post where I.ve complained about that? I.ve gone on record saying that I knew this would be the case but did it anyway because I want to do my bit to help my club survive the current situation. I.m fortunate that I can afford to do this, I know many others can.t.

Contrast this with you. You.ve done nothing but bleat, whine & moan about the fact that the fee you pay to watch a live stream MAY increase by a few quid.

Brian must have the patience of a saint. If I was him I would have told the likes of you to shove your ParsTV up your @rse years ago.

And expats are in the same boat. Give us our service bearing in mind it is only home games this season and we know the fixtures may not be completed.
So yes I have every right to ask for my season pass at the rate of last season.
Last season I was able to view SPL games for 7.99 if I so chose to.
Unlike expats many of our fans don't go to away games so they aren't affected by the costs as being in the UK and not going to away games is by choice.
I would imagine a great deal won't be taking up the PPV offer of away games either. UK bases fans.

So you think it's fair if I or any other expat wants to watch all games as we usually do pay 200.00 for a season ticket then Pay 12.00 every other week for PPV so probably paying 3x our usual fee.

Post Edited (Mon 12 Oct 12:32)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 12:39

Am I & the near 2000 other season ticket holders getting the service we paid for? Of course not. Most of us realise these are unprecedented times & are prepared to cut the club & it.s countless unpaid (that.s right they do it for free) volunteers a wee bit of slack.

And then there.s you ex-pats who seem to think you are the only people on this planet who might be slightly inconvenienced & stand to be a wee bit out of pocket by this pandemic...….even though that hasn.t even been confirmed yet.

Again, get over yourself.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 12:49

Quote:

da_no_1, Mon 12 Oct 12:39

Am I & the near 2000 other season ticket holders getting the service we paid for? Of course not. Most of us realise these are unprecedented times & are prepared to cut the club & it.s countless unpaid (that.s right they do it for free) volunteers a wee bit of slack.

And then there.s you ex-pats who seem to think you are the only people on this planet who might be slightly inconvenienced & stand to be a wee bit out of pocket by this pandemic...….even though that hasn.t even been confirmed yet.

Again, get over yourself.

What crap are you talking about now?
What has a decision about pricing got to do with volunteers??
You really do spout some crap. I bet even the white that was in your eyes are brown now.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 13:31

Quote:

da_no_1, Mon 12 Oct 11:37

You really have it in for Thaipar ,and he does not represent all expat parstv members ,this was his opinion .
But since you quote Thaipar as you always do .
He was the one last season who suggested increasing the expat parstv subscription to support Brian and his team .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 13:33

Quote:

Thaipar, Mon 12 Oct 12:31

Quote:

da_no_1, Mon 12 Oct 12:04

And expats are in the same boat. Give us our service bearing in mind it is only home games this season and we know the fixtures may not be completed.
So yes I have every right to ask for my season pass at the rate of last season.
Last season I was able to view SPL games for 7.99 if I so chose to.
Unlike expats many of our fans don't go to away games so they aren't affected by the costs as being in the UK and not going to away games is by choice.
I would imagine a great deal won't be taking up the PPV offer of away games either. UK bases fans.

So you think it's fair if I or any other expat wants to watch all games as we usually do pay 200.00 for a season ticket then Pay 12.00 every other week for PPV so probably paying 3x our usual fee.

You've no rights at all. Full of your own self importance
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Yasser76  
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 13:35

Another thread that has gotten ridiculous and will obviously end in apologies from all involved. You would not think we have just beaten Falkirk!!

Post Edited (Mon 12 Oct 13:38)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 13:46

RiggerAl - I don.t "have it in" for anyone so calm down.

I don.t agree with him on this issue. There.s no vendetta on my part just a major difference of opinion. I.ve been verbally abused by another ex-pat in the past. He apologised. I.ve made an @rse of myself on here too - I apologised too.

However, my point stands - I didn.t like the tone of the first few posts on this thread, where someone mentioned Brian "passing the buck" - which is completely unnecessary.

And yeah, with the amount of personal abuse he gets, I would have jacked it in years ago.

Post Edited (Mon 12 Oct 13:46)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 14:03

Quote:

da_no_1, Mon 12 Oct 13:46

I don.t agree with him on this issue. There.s no vendetta on my part just a major difference of opinion. I.ve been verbally abused by another ex-pat in the past. He apologised. I.ve made an @rse of myself on here too - I apologised too.

However, my point stands - I didn.t like the tone of the first few posts on this thread, where someone mentioned Brian "passing the buck" - which is completely unnecessary.

And yeah, with the amount of personal abuse he gets, I would have jacked it in years ago.

Indeed Brian has passed the buck. In no other years has the BoD at EEP been responsible for expat pricing of PARSTV.
Yes I understand that this year normal season ticket holders but that should NOT involve expat viewing.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 14:18

With phrases like that you are essentially accusing Brian of lying. He has told you he doesn.t have the time-there is a monumental difference between .not having time. and .passing the buck..

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 14:26

Quote:

da_no_1, Mon 12 Oct 13:46

Just for me to understand ,are you a expat paid up member of parstv ?
I agree the wording used by thaipar was miskeading and not correct as mentioned Over the years he has supported Brain and his team and appologied in the past .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 14:51

The one thing this thread shows is people are really keen to watch the Pars!

I have faith the arrangements will be finalised so anyone who wants to can watch the Inverness game on Saturday.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 14:55

Quote:

parathletic, Mon 12 Oct 14:18

With phrases like that you are essentially accusing Brian of lying. He has told you he doesn.t have the time-there is a monumental difference between .not having time. and .passing the buck..

What time did he need. Expats pay the same as last season and only get the home games.
I really don't think it takes too many hours to work that out.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nazpar  
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 15:07

Us season ticket holders only get the home games as well ,what's the problem

nazpar
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 15:18

Quote:

Thaipar, Mon 12 Oct 14:55

Quote:

What time did he need. Expats pay the same as last season and only get the home games.

You sound as if you've appointed yourself to decide who pays what.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 15:19

Quote:

nazpar, Mon 12 Oct 15:07

Us season ticket holders only get the home games as well ,what's the problem

The problem if u like is you are nnot being asked to pay anymore than you normally do.
Really it's not that difficult to understand.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 15:25

Quote:

BigJPar, Mon 12 Oct 15:18

Quote:

Thaipar, Mon 12 Oct 14:55

Quote:

You sound as if you've appointed yourself to decide who pays what.

I really couldn't give a rats bottom what others are being asked to pay. Expats have had a service for many years online. Cóvid doesn't change things for us apart from away games. Why shouldn't we expect home games for the same price as season before. We are still paying extra as not getting away games but you guys think we should pay even more. I sincerely hope Brian starts to charge for the highlights package he puts together. Might put a different light on lack of thought for some of you.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 15:31

Have you had any definitive confirmation of pricing whatsoever?

If the answer is yes and you aren.t happy have you approached the decision makers and if not why not?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 15:31

Thaipar put your toys back in your pram you big lassie.

There may well be a valid point somewhere in the collection of rambling tear stained posts you share, however your attitude & manner of posting is terrible & does you no favours.

I now fervently hope they charge you the same as last year, if only to prevent your head from exploding.

Post Edited (Mon 12 Oct 15:34)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 15:34

Quote:

parathletic, Mon 12 Oct 15:31

If the answer is yes and you aren.t happy have you approached the decision makers and if not why not?

Only thing I've been told is Brian believes there is no pass for expats

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 15:38

So absolutely nothing confirmed then?

On one hand you say you couldn.t give a rats bottom what everyone else pays and then you accuse others of a lack of thought when it comes to what you contribute-double standards.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 15:49

Quote:

Thaipar, Mon 12 Oct 15:34

Quote:

parathletic, Mon 12 Oct 15:31

Only thing I've been told is Brian believes there is no pass for expats

What a state to get into when nothing is even confirmed!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 15:53

There are a lot of opinions on this topic from people who are not even paid up members to Expat parstv ,I think opinions are important but surely this is an issue for members and Brian .

We keep going back and forward about prices and this was not the main point .
The main point members are asking is will parstv continue or be replaced by PPV ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 15:55

Start an ex-pats only forum if you want to make your discussions private or use this new development called "e-mail".

If not, be prepared to be called out if you continually wet the bed & accuse folk of "passing the buck" etc.

Post Edited (Mon 12 Oct 15:56)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nazpar  
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 16:10

The problem is you are bleeting on about prices .when there hasn't been anything said about the pricing to see games yet .so why don't you wait and see what the club comes up with .

nazpar
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 16:12

Quote:

da_no_1, Mon 12 Oct 15:55

Start an ex-pats only forum if you want to make your discussions private or use this new development called "e-mail".

If not, be prepared to be called out if you continually wet the bed & accuse folk of "passing the buck" etc.

Who owns PARSTV is it Brian or the BoD, last time I was aware it was Brian. Whether he is busy or not it's his decision about pricing for expats. But no he passed the buck and the Bod as Brian now believes are not allowing for expats. That was a simple decision he could have made in seconds not hours or days.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 16:18

The level of heat being generated by this thread is ridiculous. Lets keep the debate rational, friendly and see if we can come up with possible solutions that are good for the club at this difficult time, as well as being fair and also hopefully maintaining expat links to the Pars for those of us not fortunate enough to be able to go to EEP in person too often. As Yasser says we have just beaten Falkirk! We should all be happy.

Socks - Maybe I could have phrased things better but I didn.t mean to imply that there would be no highlights without past support for ParsTV from those abroad. I was just echoing what Brian confirmed to me on the phone - that everyone wouldn.t have had the kind of regular quality highlights we have got used to without expat payments and streaming (and I think once we had a whip round too). Brian told me that was definately the case and he should know seeing he runs ParsTV. However as I have said before - lets not lose sight of the fact that the main focus of our thanks should be for the sterling volunteer work of Brian, Jordan and the rest of the ParsTV team. Without their enthusiasm and hard work there wouldn.t be a ParsTV.

Some in the UK just may not have been aware that everyone has been able to benefit from all the work, practice and investment into kit and streaming that has gone on in the past with funding from expat subscribers. This has allowed quality and reliability of streaming to continually improve and puts the club in a better position to handle the new challenges of trying to stream to a much bigger audience. Give me ParsTV over Pixellot.

We are in difficult times and many ordinary local fans with season tickets have been prepared to pay for a season ticket without any idea how many live games they will get to see this season. This is really helping our club.

Due to Covid each club is now looking to generate revenue from PPV screening. Thus we all will have to register and sign up to PPV stream away games this season as long as restrictions continue. No doubt DAFC will be doing the same and selling PPV tickets to boost income from non-season ticket home fans and importantly from away fans. I had a quick look on the internet and barring some exceptions most clubs seem to have settled on a PPV fee of around £10 to £12.50 a game. I read Dumbarton had decided on £12 for the Pars game in consultation with DAFC. Thus when our PPV rate is announced I suspect it most probably would be around this £12 to £12.50 median level. I suspect this is the sort of level the market will accept and that much higher fees closer to cost of live attendance levels will simply put buyers off. Can you imagine the moaning and threats of boycots on here if say Dundee and Hearts decided to charge £35 for walk up away fans! I would suspect the club would get get a lot fewer customers and lower total revenue if they set the PPV fee too high.

One option for Expats would simply be to pay ParsTV to PPV For some reason lost the end of the post. Will retype.

Post Edited (Mon 12 Oct 16:22)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 16:24

Wasn.t it inevitable the BOD would be involved this year when season tickets the club has sold entitled fans to access to live streaming via Pars tv? There will probably be ST holders with no access to the internet. How do they get compensated for their outlay? The BOD would have to get involved in that.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 16:25

Quote:

RhinoPars, Mon 12 Oct 16:18

The level of heat being generated by this thread is ridiculous. Lets keep the debate rational, friendly and see if we can come up with possible solutions that are good for the club at this difficult time, as well as being fair and also hopefully maintaining expat links to the Pars for those of us not fortunate enough to be able to go to EEP in person too often. As Yasser says we have just beaten Falkirk! We should all be happy.

Socks - Maybe I could have phrased things better but I didn.t mean to imply that there would be no highlights without past support for ParsTV from those abroad. I was just echoing what Brian confirmed to me on the phone - that everyone wouldn.t have had the kind of regular quality highlights we have got used to without expat payments and streaming (and I think once we had a whip round too). Brian told me that was definately the case and he should know seeing he runs ParsTV. However as I have said before - lets not lose sight of the fact that the main focus of our thanks should be for the sterling volunteer work of Brian, Jordan and the rest of the ParsTV team. Without their enthusiasm and hard work there wouldn.t be a ParsTV.

Some in the UK just may not have been aware that everyone has been able to benefit from all the work, practice and investment into kit and streaming that has gone on in the past with funding from expat subscribers. This has allowed quality and reliability of streaming to continually improve and puts the club in a better position to handle the new challenges of trying to stream to a much bigger audience. Give me ParsTV over Pixellot.

We are in difficult times and many ordinary local fans with season tickets have been prepared to pay for a season ticket without any idea how many live games they will get to see this season. This is really helping our club.

Due to Covid each club is now looking to generate revenue from PPV screening. Thus we all will have to register and sign up to PPV stream away games this season as long as restrictions continue. No doubt DAFC will be doing the same and selling PPV tickets to boost income from non-season ticket home fans and importantly from away fans. I had a quick look on the internet and barring some exceptions most clubs seem to have settled on a PPV fee of around £10 to £12.50 a game. I read Dumbarton had decided on £12 for the Pars game in consultation with DAFC. Thus when our PPV rate is announced I suspect it most probably would be around this £12 to £12.50 median level. I suspect this is the sort of level the market will accept and that much higher fees closer to cost of live attendance levels will simply put buyers off. Can you imagine the moaning and threats of boycots on here if say Dundee and Hearts decided to charge £35 for walk up away fans! I would suspect the club would get get a lot fewer customers and lower total revenue if they set the PPV fee too high.

One option for Expats wou
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 16:42

I don't see what the big kerfuffle is.

1) The expats contact Brian through Dot Net, as far as I know that is the way they have always communicated.

2) they have been asked too pay considerably more for less than half the games they normally receive.

IMHO if the BoD asked me to pay around £600-£700 for a season ticket this season because of covid19 , I would not be buying an ST

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 16:48

Most clubs seem to have set a PPV fee level of £10 to £12.50 per game and according to Dumbarton website their £12 PPV fee was settled on in consultation with DAFC. There are a couple of outlier clubs charging more but I suspect this will backfire. The reality is the value of watching matches at the ground is higher than for PPV (which remember may have some unforeseen technical glitches).

Expats could buy 15 separate PPV tickets but it would be administratively much nicer if we could continue with a single season payment. Supposing the club settles on a median level PPV price of £12 to £12.50 a game the total to stream all remaining 15 home games would be £180 to £187.50. It is a general economic principle that if you buy a season ticket and shell out the cash in advance upfront (good for the club) there usually is a small discount. Many season ticket holders usually have to miss the odd game during a season anyway. Looking at Pars info it seems you usually pay about 78-83. of the full price for a season ticket. If you applied say 80. this would give a season ticket PPV of £144 to £150.

However times are difficult and regular season ticket holders are really helping the club by buying season tickets when they don.t know how many live games they will be allowed to see at EEP. That is great. Expats could perhaps do a similar thing and offer to pay the full price (£180-£187.50) for an expat Pars TV season ticket (effectively donating the usual discount value of £36 to £37.50 to the club). The Roy Barry Fan club would be better placed to comment but maybe it would be better for the club if expats paid the standard discounted rate for a season ticket and in addition also donated the value of the discount to the club. VAT then may not be payable on the donation. However I suspect there are too few of us and the amounts not large enough to justify any extra admin doing this. The club is missing out on other revenue streams and I would be happy for this season to waive any usual season ticket reduction and pay the full £180-£187.50 value to help the club. Someone suggested that maybe the club were worried about selling PPV season tickets in case season got cut short. Last season people didn.t want to be refunded and I suspect the same would be the case this year. I certainly wouldn.t be looking for any refund if season cut short.

Brian has a list of regular expat subscribers and any new expat Pars could perhaps have to provide proof of residence to qualify as expat to prevent any abuse.

Anyway lets give the club a chance to come up with proposals - which hopefully will be in place for the ICT game. In the meantime lets hope the game is on tomorrow and we win again.

Post Edited (Mon 12 Oct 16:56)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 17:05

I'll try and put it as simply as I can.
The club's income has already been and will continue to be adversely affected by what's going on.
Season Ticket holders are going to be paying for half of what ParsTV members normally get to see (ie the home games only) but for much more money. But if we don't shell out that money where will the club be?
The next level of income comes from walk-up sales and while this situation lasts that group are not bounded by geography as the games are being streamed across the web.
You can decide that you should somehow be exempt from this because you live far away if you want but the club will suffer. Simple as that.
ETA That's not specifically aimed at anyone in particular btw. Just those who were moaning that they shouldn't be paying any more than they usually do.

Post Edited (Mon 12 Oct 17:07)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 17:40

I hope expats get charged more.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 17:49

Quote:

Rigger Al, Mon 12 Oct 15:53
The main point members are asking is will parstv continue or be replaced by PPV ?

I must be missing a massive point here, because I don't understand why people keep asking if ParsTv will continue, of course it will, like obviously it will, you will be able to log into ParsTv, when Dunfermline are playing, and watch them. Has it been cancelled? No.

I see absolutely no reason, at all, in the slightest, minutest part why expats should be charged less, it's not a thing and nor should it be. You've been paying 150? Pound to watch every game Dunfermline play a season, congrats. You wouldn't have **** all to watch if it wasn't for the season ticket holders paying far more, for less games, or the walk up paying 18 pound a go, rather than the £7.50? We get charged.

It's all a big circle and everyone's contributed and played there part, why should you continue to get charged less, than the bloke watching in Dunfermline for the exact same service? Should he ask for a discount whenever Dom Thomas plays because his gate receipts have been infinitely more helpful in paying his wages than your ParsTv subscription?

As someone who's used ParsTv extremely regularly I have absolutely no problem, at all with getting charged the going rate, it's beyond my comprehension that people are throwing a tizzy over there not being a season pass, if it's too expensive for you then simply don't watch. Happy? You should be, you're getting to watch the Pars.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 18:35

Bravo that man

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 18:38

I think the point some people seem to be missing here is that this isn't a case of paying for a stream. This is currently the ONLY way of watching the Pars. Normally ParsTV would be a case of breaking even. It's now replacing the income from walk up punters.

Prices for ParsTV when open to UK based punters in the past has been a few quid. I'm not expecting that to be the case now and neither should anyone.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Johan_Cruyff  
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 19:18

I may be mistaken but I seem to remember either start of last season (or prior season - time flies) that Brian tried to change some ParsTV pricing and there was a pretty big stink about it then as well... I.ve lost the search functionality in the forum so cant go back and look for the thread.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 19:49

Quote:

Grant, Mon 12 Oct 17:49

Quote:

Rigger Al, Mon 12 Oct 15:53

I must be missing a massive point here, because I don't understand why people keep asking if ParsTv will continue, of course it will, like obviously it will, you will be able to log into ParsTv, when Dunfermline are playing, and watch them. Has it been cancelled? No.

I see absolutely no reason, at all, in the slightest, minutest part why expats should be charged less, it's not a thing and nor should it be. You've been paying 150? Pound to watch every game Dunfermline play a season, congrats. You wouldn't have **** all to watch if it wasn't for the season ticket holders paying far more, for less games, or the walk up paying 18 pound a go, rather than the £7.50? We get charged.

It's all a big circle and everyone's contributed and played there part, why should you continue to get charged less, than the bloke watching in Dunfermline for the exact same service? Should he ask for a discount whenever Dom Thomas plays because his gate receipts have been infinitely more helpful in paying his wages than your ParsTv subscription?

As someone who's used ParsTv extremely regularly I have absolutely no problem, at all with getting charged the going rate, it's beyond my comprehension that people are throwing a tizzy over there not being a season pass, if it's too expensive for you then simply don't watch. Happy? You should be, you're getting to watch the Pars.

I never realised season ticket holders subsidise pars tv ,
My understandung was it was funded by the season membership fee issued by Brian .

Again to clear my side I have no issue with cost i was informed rightly or wrongly that Parstv with no longer be in place ,which in my opinion would be sad to loose .
I as sn expact always apordciate Brian and his team and I continue to purchase 2 season tkts above and beyond parstv subscription to support DAFC.

But i dont agree with your statement we expats would have f--- all to watch without season tkt holders .
I know a number of ex pats who still purchase season tkts and support the pars in other ways .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 20:41

In which case let's hope there's a RiggerAl pricing structure. All credit to you that is superb generosity, but it won't be the norm.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 21:14

If non ex-pats didnt rock up every week there would be bugger all to watch on Pars tv. Maybe the regular punter should be subsidised.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 21:27

Quote:

Grant, Mon 12 Oct 20:41

In which case let's hope there's a RiggerAl pricing structure. All credit to you that is superb generosity, but it won't be the norm.

Dont expect it to be ,but i sm not the only expat doing this ,many others contribute more .was just giving an example
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 21:37

And in the past you've had non ex pats donate for camera equipment etc for highlights.

It's almost like this is a game of top trumps Pars fans and us all getting charged the same is fair enough really?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 21:39

Quote:

Grant, Mon 12 Oct 21:37

And in the past you've had non ex pats donate for camera equipment etc for highlights.

It's almost like this is a game of top trumps Pars fans and us all getting charged the same is fair enough really?

As I have said I am all for paying the same I have never disputed that scenario
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 00:10

Quote:

Johan_Cruyff, Mon 12 Oct 19:18

I may be mistaken but I seem to remember either start of last season (or prior season - time flies) that Brian tried to change some ParsTV pricing and there was a pretty big stink about it then as well... I.ve lost the search functionality in the forum so cant go back and look for the thread.

It wasn't a big stink as you put it. 2 seasons ago Brian agreed on a price increase to cover 2 years fixed. Last season he then said he was going to increase it by another 30.00 or so. I pointed this out to Brian but he explained the reasons and we accepted it.
No big stink.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 00:43

It seems largely self-evident to me that in a season where it looks like the only way to watch the Pars will be online or tunneling in via the graveyard, that there should be a uniform price irrespective of where you live. Anything else is just messy and unfair.

The alternative is a form of historical top trumps where we queue in line with our prior Pars-contributions. I did four years as a ball boy. I reckon that puts me in line for a discount.

Great thread though. Classic stuff.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 00:47

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Tue 13 Oct 00:43

It seems largely self-evident to me that in a season where it looks like the only way to watch the Pars will be online or tunneling in via the graveyard, that there should be a uniform price irrespective of where you live. Anything else is just messy and unfair.

The alternative is a form of historical top trumps where we queue in line with our prior Pars-contributions. I did four years as a ball boy. I reckon that puts me in line for a discount.

Great thread though. Classic stuff.

Should be same price for everyone ,
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 01:46

Same price for all just for a laugh......

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 01:56

So if/when fans get back into the ground we are shafted yup good thinking.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 06:19

Quote:

Thaipar, Tue 13 Oct 01:56

I'm sure your not, but on this thread you come across as pretty greedy and selfish.
It's not a good look
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 06:27

Quote:

BigJPar, Tue 13 Oct 06:19

Quote:

Thaipar, Tue 13 Oct 01:56

I'm sure your not, but on this thread you come across as pretty greedy and selfish.
It's not a good look

Why is wanting the product I pay for and hope to get access to for a reasonable price being greedy.
Like i say folk back home can go to the games when conditions allow, we can't.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 07:35

Then the price gets reduced back down when normality returns and everyone can get in to the stadium.

If you're paying for a season pass, you get a partial refund.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 08:31

if/when season ticket holders do get back to the ground, it is correct that from that point on they will be receiving the same product, i.e. live matches ...but that.s overlooking one key point which means they.re still not getting what they .paid for.

a season ticket is for 19-20 home games per year and divided up equates to about the same as paying at the gate (the days of real season book value long gone)

that means that every live match missed will reduce the product received, every live match missed means that every live match attended will cost a lot more than was paid for up front.

due to covid, c.2000 season ticket holders purchased their book knowing that they would be paying a lot more for less, indeed if anything!
(e.g. my work has told me next March at the earliest and probably summer before i.ll be back in the office)

but as has been said above, when those 2000 (while many have their own or family members income under threat), put their hand in the pocket and happily paid what they knew was going to be a lot more for less in order to give the club the best chance.

it warms me to see that some ex-pats in this thread feel the same way as well and to them i say thanks - we.re all pars after all

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 08:47

It does seem a bit pointless complaining about paying more for the same product, when 2000+ season ticket holders are going to be paying the same for less of a product.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 09:12

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Tue 13 Oct 08:47

It does seem a bit pointless complaining about paying more for the same product, when 2000+ season ticket holders are going to be paying the same for less of a product.

You just don't get it.
We are being asked to pay more about 75% more in fact for a lesser product.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 09:21

You seem to be the one that just doesn.t get it.

Evidenced by the multitude of posts above and the sheer number of people you are arguing against.

Post Edited (Tue 13 Oct 09:33)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 09:23

What if we all chipped in again, not to try and save the pars from covid financial ruin... but this time to make sure that Thai Par can continue to pay what he has been (irrespective of what everyone else will be asked to pay)?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 09:35

Quote:

DBP, Tue 13 Oct 09:23

What if we all chipped in again, not to try and save the pars from covid financial ruin... but this time to make sure that Thai Par can continue to pay what he has been (irrespective of what everyone else will be asked to pay)?

🤣🤣
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 09:35

In more important matters, I am wondering why, when I type an apostrophe, it is displaying as a full stop?

I am concerned about the reputational damage. Especially as the system has outed the fact that I have made an edit but the error is still there.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 09:41

How many ex-pats subscribe to Pars tv?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 09:42

Quote:

Thaipar, Tue 13 Oct 09:12

Quote:

You just don't get it.

So in previous years, you've paid less than an attending season ticket holder for double the games?

I'd suggest pricing has been very low in previous years - seems fair to bring that back in line with everyone else.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 09:50

Quote:

DBA, Tue 13 Oct 09:42

Quote:

Quote:

You just don't get it.

So in previous years, you've paid less than an attending season ticket holder for double the games?

I'd suggest pricing has been very low in previous years - seems fair to bring that back in line with everyone else.

Agreed, they've been underpaying for years. The new price should be used going forward irrespective of covid.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 10:01

Quote:

BigJPar, Tue 13 Oct 09:50

Quote:

DBA, Tue 13 Oct 09:42

Quote:

Quote:

You just don't get it.

Agreed, they've been underpaying for years. The new price should be used going forward irrespective of covid.

Trolling doesn't suit you littlejpar.
We are in line with the rest of the championship expats for our season pass. Not that I need to explain to you as well you ain't an expat and it doesn't concern you.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 10:04

I use Pars TV maybe 4 times a year. I think I pay £7.50 per game, so that.s £30 in total for 4 games.

If the season pass is £150 over 38 league games, that.s £3.95 per game.

I am quite frankly livid that the discount for paying upfront on Past TV is not EXACTLY the same proportion as the season ticket saving in comparison to the aggregated walk up price.

Maybe there should be some sort of inquiry?

Post Edited (Tue 13 Oct 10:08)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 10:11

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Tue 13 Oct 10:04

I use Pars TV maybe 4 times a year. I think I pay £7.50 per game, so that.s £30 in total for 4 games.

I am quite frankly livid that the discount for paying upfront on Past TV is not EXACTLY the same proportion as the season ticket saving in comparison to the aggregated walk up price.

Am sure Brian is yir man.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 10:18

Apparently it's at BoD level now.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 10:18

Quote:

Thaipar, Tue 13 Oct 10:11

Quote:

I'm sure he's got enough "whingers" to deal with at the moment😉

Post Edited (Tue 13 Oct 10:24)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 10:20

Quote:

BigJPar, Tue 13 Oct 10:18

Quote:

Thaipar, Tue 13 Oct 10:11

Quote:

I'm sure he's got enough "whingers" to deal Thoth at the moment😉

Any chance of a translation into English 🤔

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 10:33

Would it be worth looking at what other clubs are charging overseas fans this year?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 10:55

1 SPL club is 179.99 for expats and says showing most of their Scottish fixtures. Full match replay and highlights available.

This also includes the game against Kelty Hearts.

Post Edited (Tue 13 Oct 10:59)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 11:04

Thai - presumably when fans are let back in things can go back to expat only purchases of live streamed games. However I agree with you that it would be nice and more convenient to have season tickets in place for expats. However this season is different and I don.t think we should be making a comparison to last season.s pricing. Clubs also need the money with other revenue streams like hospitality and walk up fans being cut off.

Clubs are streaming their own games on PPV so for ParsTV we are just looking at 15 games for expats this season. The value (and price) of going to a live match at EEP is clearly more and hence PPV ticket prices have generally been set a bit below walk up prices. As indicated above the median sort of levels clubse seem to be charging seem to be around £12 to $12.50 with some £10 and few outliers charging more (which probably will backfire due to consumer resistance). Say the club decides to charge around the median level of £12.50 this effectively puts a £7.50 to £9.50 additional value on watching games at EEP when this is allowed - depending on where you sit). Hopefully local fans will be allowed back into stadiums and in the process get more value for their normal season tickets. Season tickets that include attendance at EEP when this is allowed cannot be directly compared with those that don.t.

The benchmark for expats should therefore be what is paid for PPV streams (no rights of attendance at EEP should this be allowed). Thai - I do think you have to recognised prices can change . If I bought shares in a company a year and a half ago and its share price has gone up over 100. since I can.t expect to be able to buy more shares today at the old price I paid in the past. £12 to £12.50 a game I suspect is likely to be the current PPV value for this season. The club is missing out on revenue from hospitality and walk up home and away fans and so needs to generate as much as it can to make up some of the difference. They will therefore need to try to set prices at what the market will allow. As a result prices per game will increase this season. If you paid individually for each PPV game at say £12.50 this will come to £187.50 for 15 home games (the number of home matches left us Expats could watch). If I live in Newcastle, London or outside the country, surely it is only fair that all of us pay the same for a PPV service? The fact that I live in South Africa shouldn.t mean I should be paying any less per game than someone in England or Wales.

The next issue would be what sort of discount if any would be reasonable to offer for a bulk PPV season ticket (no rights to attend matches in person at EEP should this be allowed later) paid for up front. It could perhaps be argued that as financially things are so tight, and in solidarity with the regular season ticket holders who have paid up to help the club while not knowing how many live games they will get to see) we could be asked to waive any norm

Post Edited (Tue 13 Oct 11:09)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 11:13

Da-go makes a very valid point.....what the f**k is the story with the full stops replacing apostrophes?

Punctuation is the rock that our society is built upon.

Sort it oot min.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 11:25

Lost end of post again and percentage sign showing as .

Could be asked to waive discount.

Anyway while recognising there is a difference between season tickets with or without rights to attend matches at EEP should this be allowed and trying to be reasonable and fair here is my suggested solution given the likely level PPV tickets will probably be priced at.

Assuming a £12.50 PPV price with 15 home games left expats can stream and applying a small 6.67. season ticket discount (equivalent to one game) gives a suggested base price of £175 for an expat season ticket. Thai - I know that is £50 more than we paid last season and is only for home games. but I think this is fair given current PPV prices, what normal season ticket holders are paying, and the club.s real need to generate additional income to make up for lost income. However I would also propose the club add an additional option where we could add an optional donation ontop of this for those that would like to contribute more and who are not already doing something (like Rigger Al is). This could be £12.50 (value of season discount) or perhaps £75 (if someone wants to pay the same as regular season ticket holders). I am not an accountant but perhaps getting additional donations will help the club as these may not be VATable.

Maybe for future years we could always have an additional donation option added when expats buy streaming season tickets. These donations could perhaps in future go to helping get some season tickets for deserving cases. However this year am sure the club would just like to use the money to cover operational expenses. I would be happy to let the club decide how to use any donations.

Post Edited (Tue 13 Oct 11:35)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 11:38

Rhino it's not about the money, it's the principle that expats are being put to the side this year as it suits EEP. At least in previous seasons Brian consults with us on any price increases.
We if we decide to take up PPV are paying about 40% more this season for home games only.

Post Edited (Tue 13 Oct 11:42)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 11:52

Crikey.....just dont watch it then. I.m sure thousands of fans watching PARS TV this season will outweigh the loss of your sub.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 11:53

"Rhino it.s not about the money, it.s the principle that expats are being put to the side this year as it suits EEP."

Alternatively, the principle is that you.ve been undercharged for years and we.re only now catching up on the fact.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 11:58

Game is on Killie TV tonight, should it be played.
Its £10, but you could always contact Killie and try to get a discount...........you are about as entitled to that.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 11:59

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Tue 13 Oct 11:53

"Rhino it.s not about the money, it.s the principle that expats are being put to the side this year as it suits EEP."

Alternatively, the principle is that you.ve been undercharged for years and we.re only now catching up on the fact.

Or is it not the case we were charged for the quality of service provided .
Now we have a very good service and we pay the same rate as other championship clubs.
Or should Dunfermline fans overseas pay more?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 12:02

Quote:

davepars, Tue 13 Oct 11:58

Game is on Killie TV tonight, should it be played.
Its £10, but you could always contact Killie and try to get a discount...........you are about as entitled to that.

You really are about as thick as dano1. You should try thinking, it's not too hard for most people.
I am not asking for a discount. I am asking to pay the same money for less than half the games I normally get.

Really it's not difficult. Perhaps you could go and ask a 5 year old to explain it to you.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 12:08

"Or should Dunfermline fans overseas pay more?"

Depends on who you are comparing to. It is very likely that you will be paying less than UK based fans for exactly the same service, yet the only person complaining about it is you.

Two thousand season ticket holders have voluntarily shafted themselves financially for the good of the club and none of them are complaining about it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 12:14

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Tue 13 Oct 12:08

"Or should Dunfermline fans overseas pay more?"

Depends on who you are comparing to. It is very likely that you will be paying less than UK based fans for exactly the same service, yet the only person complaining about it is you.

Two thousand season ticket holders have voluntarily shafted themselves financially for the good of the club and none of them are complaining about it.

They got a choice. Expats didn't.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 12:16

I have just registered on the Killie TV site for the upcoming match. I note that their rate for international based fans in £120 or £12.99 monthly. Last time I looked they play in the Premier League.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 12:21

Quote:

OzPar, Tue 13 Oct 12:16

I have just registered on the Killie TV site for the upcoming match. I note that their rate for international based fans in £120 or £12.99 monthly. Last time I looked they play in the Premier League.

So a premier club is charging less than a championship club for expats, and ultimately a higher level of football on offer.
We are definitely getting shafted. 😉

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 12:31

yes they had the same choice as expats... if they didn.t want to pay the price being asked for what is being offered, then they didn.t need to buy the product.

anyway, i.m just glad the 2000 season ticket holders didn.t hold strongly to the principle you highlighted that unless they got exactly what they paid for last year and for the same price, they would walk - because there probably wouldn.t have been a team or matches for you to complain about having to pay a bit more to watch!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 12:56

Quote:

DBP, Tue 13 Oct 12:31

yes they had the same choice as expats... if they didn.t want to pay the price being asked for what is being offered, then they didn.t need to buy the product.

anyway, i.m just glad the 2000 season ticket holders didn.t hold strongly to the principle you highlighted that unless they got exactly what they paid for last year and for the same price, they would walk - because there probably wouldn.t have been a team or matches for you to complain about having to pay a bit more to watch!

I don't know if you are just trying to play dumb or if it's a natural gift you have. I will go with the latter and explain it like I would to a 5 year old.
Last season daddy got 38 games for 125.00. This year daddy can only get 15 games costing about 170.00. Daddy is happy to pay the 125.00 for 15 games as daddy realises that because there is a naughty bug going about the nice people who give me a picture on the big TV can't travel to that area.
Daddy thinks asking him to pay 170.00 for less than 50% sorry if you don't understand percentages yet, but it means I get a lot less than last time, so daddy thinks 125.00 for less is fair for him.
Now if you don't understand come back in a few years after you've been to school and ask daddy again about percentages.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 13:10

Last year season ticket holders were asked to pay £16.39 per game (when it was believed to be for 18 home games) based on being able to physically attend the games. This year, they have paid £16.67 per game, despite the fact that they are only likely to be able to watch it online. It’s likely PPV customers will get streams cheaper than us, but I don’t have an issue with that, as I was happy to hug my season ticket and support the club/hope we would get into the ground at some point.

We have had our prices increased, despite a hugely reduced product being on offer. That’s not a slant on ParsTV, it’s just a much better experience to physically be at the game.

Why is it unfair that you are being asked to pay the same as UK based fans for the exact same product? These are tough times for everyone and the club cannot afford to offer two different prices, which would almost certainly result in people using VPNs for a cheaper stream. It is also not the club’s fault at all that the league rules have temporarily changed, to prevent away teams from taking a share of PPV income, in the absence of gate receipts. I believe a lot of work has been put in to ensure ParsTV is a better service this year, which you should accept will result in a higher cost as well.

I appreciate that quite a few ex-pats on here have been quite reasonable. However, some of them are coming across as being very self-entitled and narrow-minded, only thinking of themselves. Everyone is making sacrifices just now and the club need to replace ticket money in the form of streaming. They can’t do this by offering discounts on an individual basis because some people feel like they’ve shown more loyalty than others. For the time being, ParsTV is the club’s main revenue stream, as a fan you should be able to accept that.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 13:11

Thaipar, we are all Dunfermline fans.....no preferential treatment just because you live overseas buddy. Like I said....if you dont like it, dont buy it. Honestly dont see why you think you should pay less because of your geographical location. Times change....especially during global pandemics.
You seem to wanting to be treated differently......are you special? Are you better than the rest of us? Or are you just bitter?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 13:15

Quote:

davepars, Tue 13 Oct 13:11

Thaipar, we are all Dunfermline fans.....no preferential treatment just because you live overseas buddy. Like I said....if you dont like it, dont buy it. Honestly dont see why you think you should pay less because of your geographical location. Times change....especially during global pandemics.
You seem to wanting to be treated differently......are you special? Are you better than the rest of us? Or are you just bitter?

So paying 40% more for less than 50% of the games we got last season is preferential?
Right aye I see your logic there right enough.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 13:25

This as many posts on the forum gets blown out of context and becomes a p---ing contest .

There are many posters on here who dont get on with each other and it clearly shows.

The simple reason I commented was to ask if the parstv was being discontinued as rumoured as personally I would not like to see it vanish after the years and hard work getting it to where it is by Brian and his team and the expat subscribers .

Still waiting confirmation about above status.

I believe the cost should be agreed with the administation (Brian) and the expat subscribers -members and sure an easy solution and fair membership fee will be established .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 13:42

If you had two prices based on location (or whatever the gripe is) for the same service then people would simply use a VPN to circumvent this and get the better deal.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 13:44

Quote:

TAFKA_Super_Petrie, Tue 13 Oct 13:42

If you had two prices based on location (or whatever the gripe is) for the same service then people would simply use a VPN to circumvent this and get the better deal.

Brian has the expat database

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 13:48

I.ll just get my name added. I just moved.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 13:49

The club may well be coming up with a PPV offering and hopefully also an expat PPV season ticket offer in the next few days to be ready in time for the ICT game. I would think it is more of a case of let’s get streaming for the normal season ticket holder sorted first and then add PPV options. I would expect the club will set pricing for PPV and PPV season tickets for expats that are similar to what most other clubs are charging for single games and PPV season tickets (if these are options). Thanks for the Killie prices Oz. Interesting.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 13:55

Quote:

RhinoPars, Tue 13 Oct 13:49

The club may well be coming up with a PPV offering and hopefully also an expat PPV season ticket offer in the next few days to be ready in time for the ICT game. I would think it is more of a case of let’s get streaming for the normal season ticket holder sorted first and then add PPV options. I would expect the club will set pricing for PPV and PPV season tickets for expats that are similar to what most other clubs are charging for single games and PPV season tickets (if these are options). Thanks for the Killie prices Oz. Interesting.

So hopefully common sense will prevail

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 13:56

Quote:

davepars, Tue 13 Oct 13:48

I.ll just get my name added. I just moved.

Guffaw guffaw

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SAP PAR  
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 14:07

It would be very short sighted of the BOD not to see the value in the expat fanbase especially around ParsTV. An outcome based pricing model based around the perceived value of our expat community rather than a simplistic season ticket cost divided by number of streamed games would, I assume, be the way they would want to go.

With the recent investment from Germany and their desire for the Pars to be everyones second team it would make no sense to jeopardise ParsTV post Covid and potentially lose a significant revenue stream should that vision be realised.

It.s not unusual for businesses to reward loyalty so giving the long standing ParsTV members a discount shouldn.t be a big issue and would address the issue whereby people could register via VPN to try and save on the PPV price.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 14:10

.common sense.-brilliant. The definition of that is .agreed by most people..As far as I can see it.s only you that.s complaining about the price.If you can.t afford it just stay in bed and watch the highlights the next day.Comedy gold.

Same product this season as UK fans=same price.Pretty straight forward. No point harping on about what you have paid in previous years as it.s not relevant. Circumstances are evidently different this year. I don.t want to be a doom monger but I listened to Jason Leitch and he reckoned it was unlikely that the full amount of fans would be back for the Euros next season and that is in June and July.

I know for a fact there are expats who under normal circumstances still travel from England to watch the games. They would be registering as new ex-pat customers.Would they not be allowed as they weren.t on some database?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 14:15

Just looked at Hearts TV and they have identical price structure to Killie with £12.99 monthly and £120 for the year.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 14:16

"You really are about as thick as dano1"

You just can.t help yourself can you? Others argue the point, you single out me for abuse. Fortunately for you I don.t report posters as abusive.

The trouble with guys (or girls) like you is that you simply cannot debate a point without being abusive. Is it an ex-pat trait because you.re boomerang slinging mate is exactly the same?

The fact is your back was up from day one on this thread, for the sake of about £200. What an absolute state to get in. Are you that hard up? I.m going to suggest a crowd fund so we can pay your season ticket for you just to shut you up.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 14:19

Dundee TV like Hearts TV and Killie TV have international season price of £120.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 14:32

Quote:

da_no_1, Tue 13 Oct 14:16

You just can.t help yourself can you? Others argue the point, you single out me for abuse. Fortunately for you I don.t report posters as abusive.

The trouble with guys (or girls) like you is that you simply cannot debate a point without being abusive. Is it an ex-pat trait because you.re boomerang slinging mate is exactly the same?

The fact is your back was up from day one on this thread, for the sake of about £200. What an absolute state to get in. Are you that hard up? I.m going to suggest a crowd fund so we can pay your season ticket for you just to shut you up.

Who is boomerang slinging mate ??
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 14:36

Can someone please put a nail gun against the head of this thread and pull the trigger. Toys out the pram stuff
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 15:00

We are not alone - a number of other Championship sides haven’t yet got overseas season ticket prices and single Betfred games for Raith, Arbroath,Morton & QOS are priced at £9.99 or £10. Not sure about league pricing. Apparently Premier League clubs held off releasing price info till a couple of days before season started.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 15:03

I don.t see the point in personal abuse. Can we not have a debate without resorting to this?

The way I see it is quite simple really. It.s highly preferable to attend a game, rather than have to watch it on a PC or mobile device.

This season is an exception. There will be no revenue from fans attending the games, therefore the club must try to raise revenue by other means. In this case, it.s via streaming.
Regardless of what has happened before, the prices should be consistent, regardless of location, as the service is the same for one and all.

Hopefully, we are back to normal next year and fans can hand over their £20 or whatever the rate will be and sit and watch live action.

For ex-pats or any fans unable to attend, they will have the option of streaming the game. I.d expect that the rate for this service would be much less than the PATG rate.

Of course, depending on the rates for both services, the fans are at liberty to pay it or not.

Post Edited (Tue 13 Oct 15:04)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 15:18

Quote:

Thaipar, Tue 13 Oct 00:10

Quote:

It wasn't a big stink as you put it. 2 seasons ago Brian agreed on a price increase to cover 2 years fixed. Last season he then said he was going to increase it by another 30.00 or so. I pointed this out to Brian but he explained the reasons and we accepted it.
No big stink.

Ok. My memory is playing tricks then. I had thought there was a 30+ post thread bitching about it and Brian had to back down.

RiggerAl pretty sure it wasn't suggested by Thailpar as increase tho...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 15:37

Quote:

Johan_Cruyff, Tue 13 Oct 15:18

Quote:

Quote:

No big stink.

Ok. My memory is playing tricks then. I had thought there was a 30+ post thread bitching about it and Brian had to back down.

At the time I do recall Thaipar rejecting the increase but there was an explaination by Brian and people commenting after this agreed to increase so as to support Brian and his team along with new softwear .And I remember an increase being forwarded by thaipar as a suggestion .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 15:56

Quote:

da_no_1, Tue 13 Oct 14:16

Da don't worry your little cotton socks. I was wondering myself how to pay but the wife suggested I just use the loose change out the cookie jar.
Thanks for the kind thought though xxx

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Luxembourg Par  
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 16:09

da_no_1 - you really need to wind your neck in.

Socks
My first broadcast was a pirated extraction of local Icelandic TV, bcs no other TV station was covering the match, satellite or otherwise.

That was the ground-breaker, and from it .Lux-TV. was born.
All matches streamed after, were with official DAFC permission, with a share of revenues going to the club.
- yes, of revenues - not profits, as there were none - I personally financed most of the first season and a half, before we got to break-even thanks to a Daily Record sponsorship...

No dial up, broadband was around, but maximum upload was a pretty poor and unreliable 198kbps (an iphone does much more now) - I used a Cisco router to bond ISDN lines (coutesy of BBC Scotland) to get a bigger and stable stream out.
I edited and streamed my own set of highlights too, until I got permission to use Setanta.s footage :)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 16:22

Quote:

Luxembourg Par, Tue 13 Oct 16:09

da_no_1 - you really need to wind your neck in.

Socks
My first broadcast was a pirated extraction of local Icelandic TV, bcs no other TV station was covering the match, satellite or otherwise.

That was the ground-breaker, and from it .Lux-TV. was born.
All matches streamed after, were with official DAFC permission, with a share of revenues going to the club.
- yes, of revenues - not profits, as there were none - I personally financed most of the first season and a half, before we got to break-even thanks to a Daily Record sponsorship...

No dial up, broadband was around, but maximum upload was a pretty poor and unreliable 198kbps (an iphone does much more now) - I used a Cisco router to bond ISDN lines (coutesy of BBC Scotland) to get a bigger and stable stream out.
I edited and streamed my own set of highlights too, until I got permission to use Setanta.s footage :)

Agree about da-no_1 who is probably the most confrontational poster on here .

da_no_1 stick to the topic and not attacking other posters .

You have personally attacked on this post so far .
1.expats and their earnings

2.thaipar -on any topic (somwtimes understandable)
3.dano 1- being thick
4.boomerang sling mate ( I not sure who you are refering to on this ) But if your referring to myself please explain
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 16:27

Lux I know mate .o)

RiggerAl

1. You know fine well I apologised for going a bit far in that instance, check back if you want.
2. I have not personally attacked Thaipar - I disagreed with him, he abused me several times.
3. You read my post where I quoted Thaipar who compared me to davepars by calling us both thick.
4. Ozpar (boomerang slinger) abused me a while back on another thread about Covid - he apologised & I accepted. Nothing to do with you.

If being confrontational equates to disagreeing with the likes of you & Thaipar (I.m not the only one but you both seem to home in on me for some reason) then so be it. Not changing though, apologies in advance.

Anyway, it.s all getting a bit pathetic & boring now, so I.m done with this thread. I don.t know why I got involved in the first place. Peace & love

Post Edited (Tue 13 Oct 16:35)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 17:30

Yep, thread is boring now... But just wanted to say that seems unfair to call out da no 1 when Thai Par has clearly been abusive
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 18:19

Just out of curiosity Thaipar, were you to attend a live game would you want discounted admission because you travelled further?
It is quite similar to paying less for a stream because you live further away.....
Stop abusing folk because they don.t agree with you.

Anyway, time for dinner then the match.

Mon The Pars!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 18:24

Anyone have the killie link for the game tonight im struggling to get on ,appreciated
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 18:46

Hi Rigger Go to https://ppv.kilmarnockfc.co.uk/events (can click link on COWS article on how to watch game). You need to register first and then select game and payment - click on the only option they give you for payment (some name I have never heard of), and you should then get to another page where you can enter your card details. NB make sure any small tick boxes accepting conditions are ticked or you won’t progress. Once you are registered and signed up you will be on ppv.kilmarnockfc.co.uk Good luck

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 18:47

Quote:

RhinoPars, Tue 13 Oct 18:46

Hi Rigger Go to https://ppv.kilmarnockfc.co.uk/events (can click link on COWS article on how to watch game). You need to register first and then select game and payment - click on the only option they give you for payment (some name I have never heard of), and you should then get to another page where you can enter your card details. NB make sure any small tick boxes accepting conditions are ticked or you won’t progress. Once you are registered and signed up you will be on ppv.kilmarnockfc.co.uk Good luck

Cheers Rhino
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 20:58

I was on business in Singapore in 2004 and got up around 3am to watch the Lux TV stream.
Video repeatedly froze and I think the audio went after a while too?

Did we not lose the game too?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sintv  
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 21:18

I remember Lux calling me from his home talking me through how to get a Motherwell? Pars game. Think we got humped that day but it was one of the first online Pars game I'd seen. Thanks m8
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 22:59

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No big stink.

Nope, definitely happened.

Hopefully there's a separate price structure for Thaipar where it's 20 quid more so I don't have to read his nonsense anymore.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 23:17

Quote:

Grant, Tue 13 Oct 22:59

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No big stink.

Hopefully there's a separate price structure for Thaipar where it's 20 quid more so I don't have to read his nonsense anymore.

Agreed, what an absolute state to get in. Global pandemic going on but losing his crap over having to pay the same as everyone else. I seem to recall Thaipar being admin on here a few years ago and coming across as an obnoxious tube. Age doesn't appear to have mellowed him.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 23:18

Quote:

sintv, Tue 13 Oct 21:18

I remember Lux calling me from his home talking me through how to get a Motherwell? Pars game. Think we got humped that day but it was one of the first online Pars game I'd seen. Thanks m8

Yeah I had Lux TV early on when I moved to Germany.
It was great service for the time and much appreciated.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 23:34

Quote:

Frank Butchers LoveHandles, Tue 13 Oct 23:17

Quote:

Grant, Tue 13 Oct 22:59

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No big stink.

Agreed, what an absolute state to get in. Global pandemic going on but losing his crap over having to pay the same as everyone else. I seem to recall Thaipar being admin on here a few years ago and coming across as an obnoxious tube. Age doesn't appear to have mellowed him.

Are you really this stupid all the time.
Why is having to pay 40% more for 60% less of the product acceptable during a pandemic.

Maybe the 2000 season ticket holders should have paid 40% more on top of the season ticket price for the games they get to see. They aren't getting to go to the ground but can still view the game.
Shame on them for not paying 40% more. Don't you agree.

I don't know what it is with folk on the forum having comprehension problems.

Expats are not being asked to pay the same as everyone else. We are being asked to pay 40% more money than last season as it stands for approximately 60% less games.

Pandemic or not that doesn't change the figures.

Post Edited (Tue 13 Oct 23:48)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 23:49

Because EVERYONE can access it now ya dope.....the goalposts have moved.

EVERYONE should pay the same.

We want our club to survive.....that means sensible pricing for ALL.

You.re like one of my kids whingeing when they dont get their way....on and on and on and on.

Just dinnae subscribe!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Oct 00:01

Quote:

davepars, Tue 13 Oct 23:49

Because EVERYONE can access it now ya dope.....the goalposts have moved.

EVERYONE should pay the same.

We want our club to survive.....that means sensible pricing for ALL.

You.re like one of my kids whingeing when they dont get their way....on and on and on and on.

Just dinnae subscribe!

Like said previously I won't if the pricing is over inflated. And it wont just be this season as I said previously but like I said you and others have a comprehension issue I think.
All clubs face the same pandemic but as evidenced yesterday not all are asking expats to pay 50% more, but that doesn't suit your little agenda now does it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: david9640  
Date:   Wed 14 Oct 00:32

Season ticket holders pay for the player.s wages, the staff wages, the condition of the pitch, the rent for the stadium, the electricity, the gas. They pay for the football club.

Pars TV is the more sophisticated and well developed equivalent of someone in the stand streaming the match on his phone to his friends. You.re paying for the equipment and technology. Not for the football. You.re getting that for free. Season ticket holders are paying for what you.re watching.

It.s actually ridiculous that some on here are throwing a tantrum because that situation is maybe not going to continue.

There is a pandemic. The club aren.t receiving the income they would usually do. Yet the bills are still there.

Stop arguing from a sense of entitlement. You.re not entitled to just pay the cost of the equipment, and then stream what happens on the pitch from the other side of the world. The actual stuff that happens on the pitch needs to be funded as well.

If the club realise they need additional revenue to make the club sustainable during the current circumstances, then you should support that instead of attacking volunteers who have worked their feet off to provide a great service - for you. Volunteers.

(Edit - no idea why the apostrophes on this post are appearing as full stops, and an edit doesn.t appear to fix it)

Post Edited (Wed 14 Oct 00:35)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Oct 07:21

I remember getting Sky Sports when it first came out and it was £5.99 a month. Luckily because I personally funded the equipment and infrastructure with my near £6 investment Sky have said they will do me a solid and keep it at that price forever. After all it would be grossly unfair for me to pay more for something that was once cheaper.

Thanks Sky 👍🏼

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Oct 07:29

Quote:

P, Wed 14 Oct 07:21

I remember getting Sky Sports when it first came out and it was £5.99 a month. Luckily because I personally funded the equipment and infrastructure with my near £6 investment Sky have said they will do me a solid and keep it at that price forever. After all it would be grossly unfair for me to pay more for something that was once cheaper.

Thanks Sky 👍🏼

Proud of you. I hope sky honour your deal.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Oct 07:58

Personally and to be fair I think there should be some concession made with specific pricing (that is in line with pricing of other clubs that offer an overseas service) for ex pats but only those that used ParsTV last year and with a button to allow them to pay more to support the club if they wish.

Every season ticket holder would tell you they bought their ticket as a donation to the club and I suspect most ex pats would pay more to do the same.

I would be amazed if fans are allowed in before the Spring by which time there will only he 3 or 4 games left so arguing about paying more for ParsTV last year is not relevant. Assuming £12 a streamed match those last 4 matches will cost season book holders about £30 a game - 50% more 🤷🏻‍♂️

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Oct 09:12

A lot of opinions from people who are are not members of parstv .If there is a service provided for overseas pars fans made avaliable then it should be up too the provider Brian and the people who join to determine the pricing and terms and conditions not non members .
As for entitlement what a load of BS .No parstv member that I know mention entitlement ,and there are a number of members who also hold season tkts and support the club in other ways .
Pars tv is a membership and there are specific terms and conditions that are required to be met just like any other type of membership ,governed by the provider.
Pars tv members do not as mentioned in earlier post simply purchase the equipment,they pay what is judged by the provider a fee to watch the games and support the funding for the equipment so as to provide that service to each member .
After speaking directly with the provider of parstv he has informed that parstv will infact continue for overseas pars fans to allow them to see the games .
Where else anywhere would you have non members dictate what members of any afiliation state what the rules and regulations were .
As mentioned this post has turned into an attack on overseas users of pars tv .We all support the club in anyway we can and again i know 99% of overseas parstv supporters have no issues with the cost we simply want to watch the DAFC
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Oct 09:15

Maybe you should think of this is like when sky had exclusive rights to the EPL and then had to split it with BT Sport. They didn't put prices down to compensate or reward last year's subscribers.

Last year you paid a price for all the games. Now that provider can only supply half the games.

I'm not sure that pricing of clubs in the premier is comparable. They will have set pricing several weeks ago with the expectation that fans world be attending games fairly soon. Hearts are deluded fools who think they're still a top team.

Our season has also been cut short to 75% of theirs, while our cost base remains largely as it was.

Tricky.

Maybe a very short "early bird" discount would be an option. Although the point of that is that the club gets cash in early in the summer so it's still not quite the same.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Oct 09:18

Previous years of parstv could be considered the trial phase, and those subscribing as early adopters - willing to put up with issues to get the service established in return for a low subscription price.

Now it's being rolled out to everyone...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Oct 09:26

Quote:

fcda, Wed 14 Oct 09:18

Previous years of parstv could be considered the trial phase, and those subscribing as early adopters - willing to put up with issues to get the service established in return for a low subscription price.

It is being rolled out to everyone as PPV ,which is totally different and understabdable and PPV is being used by all clubs due to the circumstances .
People in the UK cannot access /watch the games live thats one of the differences between parstv and PPV .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Wed 14 Oct 10:07

“ People in the UK cannot access /watch the games live thats one of the differences between parstv and PPV .”

That’s the thing though, the PPV is shown live in the UK. So many of the ex-pats on this thread are totally ignoring/disregarding the UK fans. Why should you be paying less than the UK based fans, that would usually pay £20 to go to each home game, when you would be receiving the exact same service at the exact same time?

I honestly don’t understand the issue you guys seem to have here. This is the club’s main form of revenue this season, to pay the bills. They can’t give out discounts on an individual basis, based on how inflated that person’s ego/self-entitlement is. The season ticket/PPV cost should be the same no matter where you live, since you are getting the exact same service.

If they make it cheaper outside of the UK, people will get VPNs and scam the club. If you’d be willing to risk that, so that you can convince yourself you’re more entitled to a cheaper product than those that follow the club around Scotland, you’re putting yourself before the club and showing that you believe you are more important/entitled than other fans. Someone also mentioned further up that Brian has a database of ex-Pats. But what if someone else’s circumstances change and move abroad, should they not pay the same as other ex-Pats? Again, you’ll just end up with VPN issues and people looking for your prices.

As I have already mentioned, season ticket holders are paying the club more money per game than we were asked to last year, despite the fact we may not get to the stadium. Season ticket holders have paid £16.67 per game, which is likely to be all via live stream. PPV will work out cheaper and you’re expecting/demanding the EXACT SAME PRODUCT even cheaper than PPV because, during totally different circumstances, this was cheaper in the past?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Oct 10:13

Quote:

par-91, Wed 14 Oct 10:07

“ People in the UK cannot access /watch the games live thats one of the differences between parstv and PPV .”

That’s the thing though, the PPV is shown live in the UK. So many of the ex-pats on this thread are totally ignoring/disregarding the UK fans. Why should you be paying less than the UK based fans, that would usually pay £20 to go to each home game, when you would be receiving the exact same service at the exact same time?

I honestly don’t understand the issue you guys seem to have here. This is the club’s main form of revenue this season, to pay the bills. They can’t give out discounts on an individual basis, based on how inflated that person’s ego/self-entitlement is. The season ticket/PPV cost should be the same no matter where you live, since you are getting the exact same service.

If they make it cheaper outside of the UK, people will get VPNs and scam the club. If you’d be willing to risk that, so that you can convince yourself you’re more entitled to a cheaper product than those that follow the club around Scotland, you’re putting yourself before the club and showing that you believe you are more important/entitled than other fans. Someone also mentioned further up that Brian has a database of ex-Pats. But what if someone else’s circumstances change and move abroad, should they not pay the same as other ex-Pats? Again, you’ll just end up with VPN issues and people looking for your prices.

As I have already mentioned, season ticket holders are paying the club more money per game than we were asked to last year, despite the fact we may not get to the stadium. Season ticket holders have paid £16.67 per game, which is likely to be all via live stream. PPV will work out cheaper and you’re expecting/demanding the EXACT SAME PRODUCT even cheaper than PPV because, during totally different circumstances, this was cheaper in the past?

Again i will repeat I have no issue whatsoever on the cost and never has done .My point is the cost ,terms and conditions should be set by the provider and members not by others who do not subscribe .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Oct 10:22

Rigger I don't think it has turned into an attack on overseas supporters...

Feels like it's simply calling out one particular overseas supporter who doesn't seem to get that the fact that all pars supporters are making sacrifices in terms of price /product for the good of the club and instead, after being abusive to those that don't agree that he should pay one Bhat more than last year is now threatening to not subscribe and never return...

For me, he's doing all the overseas supporters who recognise the bigger picture a disservice and its a shame that in this time of financial difficulty and uncertainty for the club (and everyone) this one poster appears to be driving a wedge between us
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Oct 10:43

We thumped a Premiership team 3-0 away from home last night but still this self-centred thread dominates the forum. Have we forgotten what supporting the Pars is supposed to be about?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Oct 10:47

Pretty embarrassing thread really.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Wed 14 Oct 11:04

Not half cheered me up though after feeling ***** the last few days. Great laugh
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Fallen Angel  
Date:   Wed 14 Oct 11:09

So quick question if I may.

Do season ticket holders get to view the home games by logging in using their season ticket (customer) number?

If not a season ticket holder you need to PPV (ICT game £12.00)?

So overseas fans or those without season tickets PPV and season tickets can watch without paying?

Just trying to ascertain the facts.....?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Oct 11:23

We.ve won 1-0, 2-0 (in the derby) and 3-0, our defence looks solid, we have the best wide player at the club for around a decade, we.re looking stronger in the later stages of games and our game management has been excellent.

On top of that Scotland U21s are flying and we.ve got a centre back and centre midfielder coming back from there to fight for their places.

We.ve sold the club, but as much as we search for reasons to be sceptical of these new foreign asset strippers, they look to be of left-wing St Pauli stock, looking to invest as they see our club as having values in-keeping with their ethos of inclusivity, community and a close bond between club and supporters.

I look forward to us losing our first game so that have something to complain about. Until then, we just need to plough on and moan about the potential cost of something.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Oct 11:27

That.s a great summing-up of the position, DA-go! If we.d lost last night this thread would have diminished in importance. C.est la vie!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Oct 11:32

As Raymie says – can.t we have a discussion on this without personal attacks. Let.s stick to playing the ball, not the man. People are entitled to different opinions.
Good post by P. at 07:58 – Well put
While Thaipar is of the view that prices should remain similar to last season if your read this thread you will see plenty of expats recognise the need for club to raise revenue with so many usual income streams cut off. The general prices for PPV games at other clubs seems to be higher this year which is understandable given the situation. While Thaipar may not be happy, I think many expats would willingly pay a bit more this season to help the club. However, the point a number of posters have made is that prices should be fair and in keeping with what other clubs are charging and related to PPV and expat streaming season ticket prices.
It is ludicrous to suggest that it is only local season ticket holders that are supporting the club. Being far more numerous, locals, of course, contribute the most. However many expats have also been contributing too over the years through things like sponsored/bought season tickets, centenary club membership, donating to help fund administration costs, buying shares to help "buy the pars" (so we could continue to have a club to support), providing funding to the development club (to enable the development of young players) etc. I have done all of these - I don.t write this because I want or expect any thanks - but just to to counter the insinuations by some on this thread that expats as a whole don.t really contribute to the club and are just a bunch of greedy gits looking to get streaming for next to nothing without any thought of contributing to the club.
With expat support over the years Brian and his volunteer team have been able to improve their kit and reliability and quality of streaming and highlights over time which fortunately season-ticket holders have and can now hopefully benefit from. As I have said earlier, the bulk of our thanks must go to Brian and his ParsTV team for all they do.
It would be a serious own goal of the club to alienate its expat fans by not offering a streaming season ticket or at least PPV. Streaming provides a way for Expats to connect with the club. However I read that most premiership clubs only provided their PPV and expat season offerings late in the day just before their league campaigns kicked off. and I suspect this is what the club is planning to do over the next couple of days. It is also understandable that the priority for the club was to try to arrange to get streaming working for all normal season-ticket holders and I would support that. Any expat streaming offering should IMO be priced reasonably taking into account PPV prices being charged by other clubs (which seems to be about £10 to £12.50 a game (ParsTV was £7.50 last season) or prices for expat season ticket (which I see are £120 this year at Killie, Hearts and Dundee). This is slightly

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Oct 11:33

This is slightly less than the £125 ParsTV charged last year (although for fewer matches) and less than my pricing estimates earlier in this thread. Pricing has to recognise that a season ticket with rights to attend EEP in person (when and if this is allowed again) cannot be the same as one without such rights. Normally, some form of season ticket discount is applied for streaming. For reason this appears to usually be bigger for streaming season-tickets than for attending games in person (walk up v normal season-ticket). As I have suggested, expats could also be given the option to add an additional donation to help the club if they wish. Thai excepted, most of us expats I suspect recognise that 1) prices have in general increased across the board for streaming this year and 2) the club needs revenue at this difficult time. We will have to pay more this season and in doing so can also help the club. That is fine with me but pricing should be fair.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rikaka  
Date:   Wed 14 Oct 11:58

a good work around for the vpn issue would be to offer a discounted season rate more in line with previous years to ex pats who can provide proof of residency in another country.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Oct 12:42

Excellent two last posts Rhinopar,
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Oct 13:21

Par-91 wrote...

Disagree - If you read this thread I think you will see most expats who have commented are in agreement that what is paid to PPV single games should be the same whether one lives in Mallaig, Maidenhead, Moscow or Mtubatuba. You also can.t compare season tickets (with rights to go to games at EEP when this is allowed) with one with only streaming rights. The value and cost of streaming games is less than watching live in person.

I suspect the club will earn more in PPV fees from away fans than they will get from Expat Pars fans, and it is important the club sets a realistic price the market will support to generate revenue from local home and away fans who might otherwise pay at the gate plus expats. If PPV fees are set too high compared with the £10 to £12.50 /game most clubs appear to be charging then many consumers will simply be put off and not buy tickets. As I said earlier in this thread, can you imagine the fuss on here if Dundee or Hearts or Raith Rovers decided to charge Pars fans £35 walk up prices?

I don.t know about the legalities, but it maybe that once fans are allowed back into grounds it will once again not be possible to live stream games to UK based fans. For this reason it may not be possible for clubs to offer streaming season tickets to all fans for this season. If it was possible to do this then where one lives should not have any bearing on the price paid for a streaming season-ticket.

IMO the club should continue to offer genuine expats streaming season tickets (which other clubs are doing). While pricing will in part reflect PPV individual game pricining, as with most things there invariably is some form of discount for buying in bulk and paying up front. For some reason (not sure why) it seems the scale of bulk season ticket discounts on streaming seem to be larger than for watching games live.

The club and Brian have rightly been focusing on the priority of expanding the system to be able to provide season ticket holders with streams while they can.t get into the grounds. However I expect that this week we will be told what the Club.s plan is for streaming for non-season ticket holders (fans of all clubs) including plans for expat season tickets. I suspect reasonable proposals will be put forward soon which hopefully will put this thread to bed.

As others have written we really should be united as Pars fans in celebrating what has been a very good start to the season. It is going to be an exciting and interesting season.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Oct 13:30

Quote:

fcda, Wed 14 Oct 09:18

7+ years a teial period !I understand your trying to find a solution but Parstv already have terns and conditions and a steucture which is and has been working very well
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Oct 13:54

RhinoPars...wrote

The value and cost of streaming games is less than watching live in person.

As everyone will be watching on a stream this season are you saying that 2000 season ticket holders are due a rebate?

That.s going to hurt the club.....

These are exceptional circumstances & this is an opportunity for us all to collectively help the club out.

Its disappointing to see some of the opinions expressed.

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Oct 14:26

Angus - that is just a fact. The club has already indicated this season’s walk up price will be £20-22 depending on where you sit. Looking at most clubs, they seem to be charging £10-12.50 a game for PPV. Good as ParsTV may be watching a streamed game is not the same as watching games live.

When we host Dundee, Hearts or Raith Rovers the club needs to generate revenue from selling PPV tickets to their fans while live attendance is not allowed. We won’t get away with selling PPV tickets at far above the going rate. This will just meet consumer resistance. As I have said before imagine the fuss and threats of boycotts on here if another club wanted to charge £30 for a walk up ticket when the going rate everywhere else is around £20. Also don.t forget for every game you get to see live later this season you get around an additional£7.50 to £9.50 value (assuming PPV price is £12.50). I can buy a share in a company based on an expectation of how it is going to do. If it doesn.t quite perform as I hoped I can.t expect a refund.

I am not suggesting anyone is due a refund. Those who bought season tickets did so in order to help the club and in the hope that later in the season they would get in to see some games. At this stage it is anyone.s guess how many this will be. However just like last season when fans didn.t get all the games they were expecting for the good of the club people didn.t want refunds. In the same way I think most fans (are prepared to pay a bit more for PPV games or season-tickets this year).

Remember buying a normal season ticket is not the only way to help the club. However it is fantastic that so many have bought season-tickets and personally I hope you all get back into EEP as soon as possible.

Post Edited (Wed 14 Oct 15:11)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Oct 14:35

Pretty sure teams have been using Cat A, Cat B, Cat C type games for years and supporters of Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Aberdeen have been charged more to enter away grounds than the likes of Killie and Hibs ?

I hope when fans are allowed back in the stadium that PPV is not available in the UK so that people can get back to the stadium. I also hope there is a way to ensure that a pub landlord can sign up and then stream the game to a big screen and have 20 people sitting in the pub watching the game .for free.

Tough times for everyone

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Oct 14:46

Quote:

Angus_W, Wed 14 Oct 13:54

RhinoPars...wrote

The value and cost of streaming games is less than watching live in person.

As everyone will be watching on a stream this season are you saying that 2000 season ticket holders are due a rebate?

That.s going to hurt the club.....

These are exceptional circumstances & this is an opportunity for us all to collectively help the club out.

Its disappointing to see some of the opinions expressed.

Angus ,I think the intent of Rhinopar and others is that due to the circumstances there will be a one singer one song cost for all during these times .

But understand that when games resume back to normal PPV will most probably faze out as you cant watch games live .Unless overseas which is the purpose of parstv to provide a service to expat pars fans some like myself who have followed ,supported fianacially for over 50 years .
Can we please stop making statements that expats are requesting to pay less and want preferential treatment in this time and circumstances we are in ,this is not the case .
I know a number of expats who pay above and beyond season ticket costs and do not ask for anything in return we simply request to be respected as fellow pars fans.we all have black and white running through our vains and simply want the same as everyone else that is to see our beloved pars .
For many of us expats working overseas is not a choice but a neccesity to provide for our families missing out on family events ,seeing our kids and grandkids growing up ,being able to see the pars through parstv is a piece of home we all miss and can connect with. And for the record from earlier posts not all expats are rich and spoilt ,I know many who earn less than people at home but have no alternative but to work away from home .Again we are all pars fans lets keep it there and not personal. UP THE PARS.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Oct 14:50

[Previous years of parstv could be considered the trial phase, and those subscribing as early adopters - willing to put up with issues to get the service established in return for a low subscription price.

Now it.s being rolled out to everyone...]

Except that it is not. As soon as the gates are open to fans again at EEP the UK access to livestreams on Pars TV will be withdrawn. At that point, the Pars TV live stream will revert to being a service for expats.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Oct 15:20

Heartfelt post from Rigger. I think it gets across how Pars fans abroad love the club and how important much being able to watch games helps us keep a link.

Oz is also spot on - when live attendance is allowed again PPV for UK fans will fall away to encourage fans to go to the matches. This doesn.t apply to expats and explains why some clubs are offering season passes for expats.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Oct 15:27

Quote:

RhinoPars, Wed 14 Oct 15:20

Heartfelt post from Rigger. I think it gets across how Pars fans abroad love the club and how important much being able to watch games helps us keep a link.

Oz is also spot on - when live attendance is allowed again PPV for UK fans will fall away to encourage fans to go to the matches. This doesn.t apply to expats and explains why some clubs are offering season passes for expats.

My understanding is when football is back to normal you cannot stream live games in the UK
This has always been the ruling
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Wed 14 Oct 17:40

Quote:

Post Edited (Tue 13 Oct 10:08)

Like the Iceland inquiry?

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Oct 18:49

£12 per match for all. Common sense prevails
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swisspar  
Date:   Fri 16 Oct 20:36

Sorry guys, I've been expat for more than 10 years, Parstv subscribed for many years. Met Brian at sponsorship days, nice man. However , agree with Thaipar, I have contributed £££'s to the club when it mattered most, also, via player sponsorship, in one season alone, I raised the club £900, only for the club to change "presentation " day to be on a Tuesday evening! (Previously, always after last away match of the season) needless to say, Swiss sponsorship became zero.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Oct 21:02

Quote:

Swisspar, Fri 16 Oct 20:36

Sorry guys, I've been expat for more than 10 years, Parstv subscribed for many years. Met Brian at sponsorship days, nice man. However , agree with Thaipar, I have contributed £££'s to the club when it mattered most, also, via player sponsorship, in one season alone, I raised the club £900, only for the club to change "presentation " day to be on a Tuesday evening! (Previously, always after last away match of the season) needless to say, Swiss sponsorship became zero.

Nice to see your not a bitter person
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net