DAFC.net
Home 29 November 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Erling Haaland
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 19:24

That's 51 goals in his last 48 games for club and country. These stats don't lie. How long can BVB hang on to their prolific striker?

Almost certain to end up in the EPL. Liverpool must be odds on to bring him to Anfield.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Erling Haaland
Topic Originator: Hay Fever  
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 19:35

Why the EPL, can get what he wants out of the game, without moving to the overrated Tourist League, Sure the Spanish big 2 or Bayern will be looking on if he does decide to leave Dortmund.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 19:35

Man U could have had him but refused to pay his agents exorbitant fee according to Aunty

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 20:10

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 11 Oct 19:24

That's 51 goals in his last 48 games for club and country. These stats don't lie. How long can BVB hang on to their prolific striker?

Almost certain to end up in the EPL. Liverpool must be odds on to bring him to Anfield.

He can't leave until 2022, I believe

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 20:13

https://bulinews.com/news/5833/erling-haaland-not-going-anywhere-despite-being-a-dream-for-many-clubs-claims-agent

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 20:35

One of the strangest looking fellows I think I’ve ever seen. What a player though. Norway must have a great domestic league and big population to produce a genuine world class player...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Johan_Cruyff  
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 20:39

Quote:

General Zod, Sun 11 Oct 20:35

One of the strangest looking fellows I think I’ve ever seen. What a player though. Norway must have a great domestic league and big population to produce a genuine world class player...

Born in England ;-)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parforthecourse  
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 20:46

I may be the last person in the world to know, but he's the son of Alf Inge Haaland.

Post Edited (Sun 11 Oct 20:48)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 20:50

He was a Man City fan growing up.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 20:54

He also has a cousin who made his debut in Norway aged 15 earlier this year-Albert Braut Tjåland

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Johan_Cruyff  
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 21:06

I.d always read he was a Leeds fan and one day hopes to play for them in the Premier League

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 21:11

Quote:

Johan_Cruyff, Sun 11 Oct 21:06

I.d always read he was a Leeds fan and one day hopes to play for them in the Premier League

Yep. He was born in Leeds and a fan of them.
" dream is to win the Premier League with Leeds."
Moved to Norway at 3 years old.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 21:17

https://talksport.com/football/772006/erling-haaland-leeds-marching-on-together-stuart-dallas

Read this just the other day.

He probably supported whoever his dad was playing for at the time though hence the Man City link.

ETA Good recent interview in fourfourtwo saying he follows both

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/erling-haaland-borussia-dortmund-interview-bundesliga-goals-record-breaking-germany-transfer-target-salzburg

Post Edited (Sun 11 Oct 21:23)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rikaka  
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 21:34

Quote:

londonparsfan, Sun 11 Oct 20:50

He was a Man City fan growing up.

Leeds fan
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 21:35

Looks like he does have a soft spot for all his old man's teams.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 21:35

https://talksport.com/football/625182/erling-haaland-leaves-man-city-facebook-group-speculation/
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 22:42

Quote:

londonparsfan, Sun 11 Oct 21:35

https://talksport.com/football/625182/erling-haaland-leaves-man-city-facebook-group-speculation/

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 22:44

Quote:

parathletic, Sun 11 Oct 21:17

https://talksport.com/football/772006/erling-haaland-leeds-marching-on-together-stuart-dallas

Read this just the other day.

He probably supported whoever his dad was playing for at the time though hence the Man City link.

ETA Good recent interview in fourfourtwo saying he follows both

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/erling-haaland-borussia-dortmund-interview-bundesliga-goals-record-breaking-germany-transfer-target-salzburg

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars4life1  
Date:   Sun 11 Oct 23:08

Munich or Madrid next surely? He’s a champions league winner in waiting and isn’t going to sign with a club unlikely to win it. PSG or Man City might decide to throw money at him but both will be very cautious on being pulled up by financial fair play..

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 05:46

Quote:

Hay Fever, Sun 11 Oct 19:35

Why the EPL, can get what he wants out of the game, without moving to the overrated Tourist League, Sure the Spanish big 2 or Bayern will be looking on if he does decide to leave Dortmund.

I suggested the EPL because it was awash with cash before the pandemic and probably will be again when it's finally over. I made Liverpool favourites because of Klopp's BVB connection.

BVB will not want to lose him but recent history shows that they don't stand in the way of unhappy players. Goetze, Lewandowski, Dembele.....

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 08:22

If it's true that he cant leave until 2022 then that mean Lewandowski will be 34...Haaland will be his replacement I'd guess.

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 13:39

He is a huge Leeds fan, unlikely to be able to afford him. As strikers go he is one of the best around. Would expect move next summer but it will be mega money if this scoring continues

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 23 Nov 20:58

Scored another 4 at the weekend ...the Laddie is a machine ....right place right time ..... bit of an athlete as well ....with some skill-full touches .....and a rocket of a left foot

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 24 Nov 20:28

From the Beeb....mind I said it first :) :-

I imagine a lot of the pre-match Club Bruges chat would have been don`t give Erling Braut Haaland any space. Well, that`s gone out of window as he is slid in down the left-hand channel and he duly slots home on his left foot.

The Norwegian is now the quickest player to score 15 Champions League goals - he`s done it in 12 games, beating Ruud van Nistelrooy and Roberto Soldado`s record of 19 games. He is a goal machine.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Tue 24 Nov 21:21

Only 2 so far tonight. Maybe he isn`t feeling too good.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars4life1  
Date:   Tue 24 Nov 21:43

He has the world at his feet just now. Can easily past ronaldo or messi on his form over the past few years. The difficulty for him is to maintain that for the next 10-15 years. COVID or not the desperation for the big sides to get his signature will be massive. An incredible player and seems to be a great guy as well.

Post Edited (Tue 24 Nov 21:44)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Tue 24 Nov 23:15

Incredible signing for BVB and I have no doubt he will move on soon but for 20 million euros, what an dream for Dortmund knowing the price he's worth now.
Teams will break the bank for his signature.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cougared  
Date:   Tue 24 Nov 23:37

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2Foriginals%2Fa7%2F57%2F87%2Fa75787c9ee9ad3cea8bc2747b0f6124e.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fpin%2F523543525430901861%2F&tbnid=sTL6gKhTf8idKM&vet=12ahUKEwjx5v3_q5ztAhUFpBoKHWYCBCIQMygLegUIARDwAQ..i&docid=m9TGbal-4S8U6M&w=807&h=611&q=benny%20hill&ved=2ahUKEwjx5v3_q5ztAhUFpBoKHWYCBCIQMygLegUIARDwAQ

Who`s his dad?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 25 Nov 08:47

Alfie Inga ex Leeds and Man City.

It was the guy Roy Kean halfed and injured himself then went and halfed again in retaliation and ended Haalands career.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Wed 25 Nov 10:52

Sorry LPF but that is one of those things that people remember but didn`t actually happen. The Mandela effect they call it I think? . Haaland actually finished the match and then started City`s next match a few days later.

We all hate poverty, war, and injustice.
Unlike the rest of you squares.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 25 Nov 10:56

He did indeed play on in a few games but he was always in pain. He's quoted as saying he never played a full game again due to the ongoing pain in his knee so it effectively ended his career in his view.

I should have been a bit clearer as to what I meant by career ending!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 25 Nov 10:59

Just had a look and he does say in another interview that he never said it ended his career so maybe he changed his mind.

Certainly didn't do him any favours!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Wed 25 Nov 10:59

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Wed 25 Nov 10:52

Sorry LPF but that is one of those things that people remember but didn`t actually happen. The Mandela effect they call it I think? . Haaland actually finished the match and then started City`s next match a few days later.

He never managed to play another full match in his career.

When Haaland was asked about it he said “The knee still hurts, that isn’t going to go away. I have to accept that.
"Did that tackle end my career? Well, I never played a full game again, did I? It seems like a great coincidence, don’t you think?"

Seems pretty clear that Haaland feels it prematurely ended his career.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Wed 25 Nov 11:26

He was already experiencing quite serious knee trouble before that tackle which by the way was horrendous and I`m not defending. The fact that his City contract had a clause that allowed them to terminate it if he was unable to play through injury speaks volumes.

We all hate poverty, war, and injustice.
Unlike the rest of you squares.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net