DAFC.net
Home 29 November 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 PPV update
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 08:55

Online again. thanks to Matthew in Shop for helping with an issue.

apologies for the delay in getting the front page updated again.
made a last minute change yesterday which caused a problem.

This is a long post so please bear with it and follow through.
You should follow all the steps Thursday or Friday to ensure you have been through all the steps at least once. Please familiarise this, as support on saturday may well be delayed (as I.m sure we will get a lot of people asking questions)

We are expecting a hugh uptake by Saturday so thank you very much for your patience.

1. Register on system, previous users may just need tp request a new password. (your old ParsTV password will not work - new system)

2. Login to system

3. Press continue

4. Use the Paypal button to pay (you can just use debit/credit card without login to Paypal if you need to )

5. once paypal is authorised and you come back to site, click on :
Video Icon watch

6. Until the stream goes live you will see a holding page (about 2pm on Saturday):

NOTE: for iOS users you may see an error message (that is expected, and will disappear when the live stream comes on at 2pm)
Please if you must refresh the browser please wait at least 30 seconds.

Post Edited (Thu 15 Oct 09:43)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: PPV update
Topic Originator: thaldane  
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 10:07

Hi Brian - has the season ticket database been updated since 1st October - I renewed my season ticket on 2nd but when I try to log in with customer number and post code it says season Ticket Holder ID not found - thanks
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 10:20

I have a new db from yesterday afternoon to import, I will get that done shortly and let you know

the most recent database has just been imported 11:00 Thursday morning.

Post Edited (Thu 15 Oct 10:57)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: thaldane  
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 10:43

Thanks Brian
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GEW35  
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 10:52

I’m a season ticket holder and have successfully logged in and watched the East Fife friendly a few weeks back. My question is - do I have to do anything further online before Saturday?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 10:58

please test again today or tomorrow, just as a double check, thank you

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: chesser  
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 11:36

Thanks Brian.
As you stated, the existing password no longer accepted. I requested a new one, which was generated instantly. I then had no problem logging in.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gareth Keenan Investigates  
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 11:38

Will we be able to stream games through PlayStation/Xbox browsers just out of curiosity?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 11:43

Brian - I have a question.

In the summer I renewed my season ticket & I.m sure Matt Ford added my dads ticket to my account so we qualified for the family discount.

I.ve registered for Pars TV a while back & logged in yesterday using my season ticket number & my postcode.

I asked my dad to register for Pars TV last night & log in using his ticket number/postcode but he couldn.t (ID not recognised?)

So should he be using his own log-in & password then his own ticket number & postcode? I.m thinking maybe my postcode as his ticket is registered to my address? Or log in as me then his ticket number/my postcode?

And what happens on Saturday, will we both be able to watch at the same time in different locations.

Help please......my head is spinning.

Cheers

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GEW35  
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 12:00

Quote:

brian, Thu 15 Oct 10:58

please test again today or tomorrow, just as a double check, thank you

Logged in and I’m all good to go! Thanks Brian.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 12:31

unfortunately it is the same at my end ha ha :o)

Gareth see FAQ.s (we can.t guarantee it)

For Season Ticket holders, your Season Ticket Customer number and postcode is your access (no need to login). I.m sure you both would have used a specific postcode that ties in with your customer number.

use the left hand box for Season Ticket holders.

PPV need to register and login.

Post Edited (Thu 15 Oct 12:36)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 13:10

Gareth I watched the east Fife game via the Xbox

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Foghorn Leghorn  
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 13:26

I only registered and purchased game last night, but tested access today as requested and it seems fine. I now have a wee camera icon to go to which I’m assuming will take me to the game on Saturday.

All good.....cheers Brian
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 13:36

brian - QQ from a new user...

see on the site where it says, click to chat - is that general chat about the match or is it to speak to someone about the actual stream itself (quality, lag, etc)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Thaipar  
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 13:39

Quote:

DBP, Thu 15 Oct 13:36

brian - QQ from a new user...

see on the site where it says, click to chat - is that general chat about the match or is it to speak to someone about the actual stream itself (quality, lag, etc)

Can be both

Please don't book me Admin, it will ruin my life.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 13:41

cool thanks

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 13:49

So the BoD have decided not to offer anything for expats.
8 years of loyalty and then it's a case of we don't care about expats. Well I will not be subscribing PPV or any other year on expats basis. Well done DAFC.

Post Edited (Thu 15 Oct 13:50)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 14:26

I think due to the circumstances and easy for Brian to manage a one price for all .Once we get back to reality and fans can return to EEP then we can revert back to how Parstv was pre Covid .As soon as fans are back, streaming live games in the UK will not be permitted
Its a short term fix which I believe this is fair through these difficult times .
Looking forward to Saturdays game .
Up the pars .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 14:27

Indeed, well done DAFC.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 14:33

Quote:

Thaipar, Thu 15 Oct 13:49

8 years of loyalty and then it's a case of we don't care about expats. Well I will not be subscribing PPV or any other year on expats basis. Well done DAFC.

Bye Bye Thaipar
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 14:57

Chat

Please note that we are looking at an online support facility to manage support requests more privately and easier

I.ve left the chat there for people to comment.

And for urgent messages/status from ourselves

Working with the guys from QOS have helped us use different facilities.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 15:09

I agree with RiggerAl. I would still have preferred an expat season ticket even if it was at full price to help the club and be fair to UK based watchers this season. Thinking about it, the club can’t offer a streaming season ticket to those in the Uk because when fans are allowed back presumably UK live streaming will stop. However if no fans are allowed back this season then local Uk fans who watch each home game would end up paying more than expats and that wouldn’t be fair as price should be the same whether you live in Mallaig or Mtubatuba. We are in difficult times and for this season we need to help and so would be good to pay more than the lower expat season ticket levels being charged by some other clubs this season. However as Rigger writes hopefully when normality returns we can go back to offering expat discounted season tickets again. Normal fans get the opportunity to get discounted season tickets. In more normal years this principal should apply to expats too.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 15:21

“ Thinking about it, the club can’t offer a streaming season ticket to those in the Uk because when fans are allowed back presumably UK live streaming will stop.”

My understanding is that live streaming within the UK will be allowed until stadiums are re-opened at full capacity. If they are only open at reduced capacity, streaming will still be allowed. I can’t see stadiums being open at full capacity this season, making it very unlikely that ex-pats would get a different service.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 15:26

Quote:

par-91, Thu 15 Oct 15:21

“ Thinking about it, the club can’t offer a streaming season ticket to those in the Uk because when fans are allowed back presumably UK live streaming will stop.”

My understanding is that live streaming within the UK will be allowed until stadiums are re-opened at full capacity. If they are only open at reduced capacity, streaming will still be allowed. I can’t see stadiums being open at full capacity this season, making it very unlikely that ex-pats would get a different service.

You are correct ,and I dont believe expats are in full support of the changes under the present circumstances .
Once back to normal then the expats pars tv will return to original format and terms and conditions
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Aylesbury_Par  
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 15:31

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 15 Oct 11:43

In the summer I renewed my season ticket & I.m sure Matt Ford added my dads ticket to my account so we qualified for the family discount.

I.ve registered for Pars TV a while back & logged in yesterday using my season ticket number & my postcode.

I asked my dad to register for Pars TV last night & log in using his ticket number/postcode but he couldn.t (ID not recognised?)

So should he be using his own log-in & password then his own ticket number & postcode? I.m thinking maybe my postcode as his ticket is registered to my address? Or log in as me then his ticket number/my postcode?

And what happens on Saturday, will we both be able to watch at the same time in different locations.

Cheers

Any irony that one of the noisiest posters on the Pars TV thread who demanded that ex-pats should be paying the same PPV price as everyone else, has their head spinning on how to access the matches with a discounted package?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AbuBarrie  
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 15:49

Hi Brian,

I.ve been trying to log in PPV to watch Pars game this Saturday. (I.m not a season ticket holder).

System advises new password sent to my email but non in email or junk.
Will I need to create a new profile or will original email address be okay with new password?

Thanks, Bill Whitehall

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 15:57

Quote:

Gareth Keenan Investigates, Thu 15 Oct 11:38

Will we be able to stream games through PlayStation/Xbox browsers just out of curiosity?

I watched the game against east fife on my Xbox and it worked fine was a a bit jumpy to begin with but it smoothed out after 10 mins or so

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 16:32

Quote:

Aylesbury_Par, Thu 15 Oct 15:31

Quote:

Cheers

Any irony that one of the noisiest posters on the Pars TV thread who demanded that ex-pats should be paying the same PPV price as everyone else, has their head spinning on how to access the matches with a discounted package?

I'm pretty certain the only thing I took issue with was the tone of some of the posts, not the validity of their rights to a discount.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 16:36

Maybe there will be a chance to rebalance ParsTV cost for expats who take the service next season when things normalise and it is clear if anyone has or has not had a raw deal.

Who knows what’s going to happen this year in terms of physical attendance v PPV so the right decision has probably been made on what is known just now.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 17:07

just to let you know there seems to be some issue with the registration process.

I am looking at it at the moment
I was thinking it was very quiet this afternoon :o(

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lucho_8  
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 17:08

How long does email with password usually take to come through ?
I have tried a few times today and nothing is coming into my inbox or junk.
It now says email address is on database. So I have requested new password but nothing so far either way.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 17:21

"I would still have preferred an expat season ticket even if it was at full price to help the club and be fair to UK based watchers this season"

buy a normal season ticket?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 17:22

Quote:

Not a real fan.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 17:35

Quote:

GJS93, Thu 15 Oct 17:21

"I would still have preferred an expat season ticket even if it was at full price to help the club and be fair to UK based watchers this season"

There are many expats who do both .
You have to remember the reason for parsv is to allow people working away from home ,people who have moved and even people who are on holiday .
This is very important to many pars fans ,and bottom line if your not a member and overseas it shouldnt effect you .
The resentment shown against expats on this topic can have the potential of loosing income to the club with ecpats cancelling their membership
As I have mentioned many times expsts have no issue with the PPV charges during these difficult times ,but parstv belongs to the members
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 17:36

passowrds should come through quickly,
drop me an email and i will check.

There was an issue with the final setp of the registration process showing the output.
You shoudl have recieved a password, if not can you request a new password

I will be on the Chat function to help if you wish to get a quick response.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Aylesbury_Par  
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 18:28

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 15 Oct 16:32

Quote:

Quote:

Cheers

I'm pretty certain the only thing I took issue with was the tone of some of the posts, not the validity of their rights to a discount.

Ha ha! Mind and pick up your breadcrumbs when you are backtracking!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 19:01

Quote:

Rigger Al, Thu 15 Oct 17:35

Quote:

You have to remember the reason for parsv is to allow people working away from home ,people who have moved and even people who are on holiday .
This is very important to many pars fans ,and bottom line if your not a member and overseas it shouldnt effect you .
The resentment shown against expats on this topic can have the potential of loosing income to the club with ecpats cancelling their membership
As I have mentioned many times expsts have no issue with the PPV charges during these difficult times ,but parstv belongs to the members

So if an overseas fan buys a season ticket, do they not get the same access as a season ticket holder in the UK?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 19:39

Quote:

jake89, Thu 15 Oct 19:01

Quote:

Quote:

So if an overseas fan buys a season ticket, do they not get the same access as a season ticket holder in the UK?

Yes ,I an entitled as a season tkt holder same as my son at home
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 19:40

AbuBarrie

Did you check your spam junk folder
I.ll check the system assuming this is the email you are using

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 19:48

Quote:

Rigger Al, Thu 15 Oct 19:39

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What am I missing here? If overseas fans are buying season tickets anyway then they get "free" access to the PPV with their season ticket number.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafcburty  
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 19:48

Quote:

Cheers

Do you still have trouble with your dad signing in, da_no_1?

Your dad will have his own Customer Number, on the back of his Season Ticket, but it could have your Postcode if that's what it haa been registered under.

If you can attempt logging in again, that'd be great: if your dad is still experiencing troubles, please don't hesitate to email support@parstv.co.uk

Thanks 👍

Post Edited (Thu 15 Oct 19:50)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 20:03

Quote:

jake89, Thu 15 Oct 19:48

Quote:

Rigger Al, Thu 15 Oct 19:39

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What am I missing here? If overseas fans are buying season tickets anyway then they get "free" access to the PPV with their season ticket number.

Not every expat purchases a season tkt .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 20:11

Cant they just pay per game like everyone else then? Or am i missing something ...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 20:16

Quote:

RMGpar, Thu 15 Oct 20:11

Cant they just pay per game like everyone else then? Or am i missing something ...

Just going over old ground here.
Some ex pats think they should get it cheaper than everyone else.
Thaipar seems to have spat the dummy big time over this and has said he will never pay to watch a stream again.
Bizzare

Post Edited (Thu 15 Oct 20:16)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 20:24

Quote:

dafcburty, Thu 15 Oct 19:48

Quote:

Cheers

Do you still have trouble with your dad signing in, da_no_1?

Your dad will have his own Customer Number, on the back of his Season Ticket, but it could have your Postcode if that's what it haa been registered under.

If you can attempt logging in again, that'd be great: if your dad is still experiencing troubles, please don't hesitate to email support@parstv.co.uk

Thanks 👍

Thanks for the sensible reply Burty

We're going to try logging in using our individual numbers and my postcode tomorrow to see if the system allows us both in at the same time.

Will keep you posted 👍

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 20:25

Quote:

Aylesbury_Par, Thu 15 Oct 18:28

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 15 Oct 16:32

Quote:

Quote:

Cheers

Ha ha! Mind and pick up your breadcrumbs when you are backtracking!

Ok will do

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 20:56

Quote:

BigJPar, Thu 15 Oct 20:16

Quote:

Thaipar seems to have spat the dummy big time over this and has said he will never pay to watch a stream again.
Bizzare

If you read the posts you will find out expats agree to paying same as PPV .Expats are NOT requesting to pay less and many including myself has agreed this is the correct thing to so during Covid times .Thaipar has his thoughts as an individual and as he is a parstv paid up member entitled to his opinion ,but he is not speaking on behalf of all expat parstv existing members.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 20:58

Quote:

Rigger Al, Thu 15 Oct 20:56

Quote:

BigJPar, Thu 15 Oct 20:16

Quote:

Bizzare

If you read the posts you will find out expats agree to paying same as PPV .Expats are NOT requesting to pay less and many including myself has agreed this is the correct thing to so during Covid times .Thaipar has his thoughts as an individual and as he is a parstv paid up member entitled to his opinion ,but he is not speaking on behalf of all expat parstv existing members.

To be fair he does say "some"

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 21:11

It will be interesting to know if any ICT fans are going to watch the match.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 21:20

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Thu 15 Oct 21:11

I'd imagine there would be at least 1.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 21:27

Quote:

BigJPar, Thu 15 Oct 21:20

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Thu 15 Oct 21:11

I'd imagine there would be at least 1.

That will be more than their usual travelling support.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SuttonPar  
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 23:18

Brain,

First of all thanks to you and your team for helping pull this all together. I.m an Expat and have been using ParsTV for a number of years now.

The likelihood for me is that I will watch a replay of the game late on Saturday or Sunday at some point so will be avoiding the score until then. With that in mind:

1) Will games be consistently uploaded at 6pm UK time?

2) If I purchase the game on Friday for example, can I watch the replay on Sunday? I ask as I noticed a .access for 24h. statement on the ParsTV website.

Thanks

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Oct 23:29

Hi Sutton
Good to have you back

1. Full Game Replays can only be out up at midnight (SPFL/somebody.s rules :o( )

2. Yes I know 24 hours was mentioned, but I think perhaps 48 hours would be realistic. I.ll suggest that be changed to 48

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SuttonPar  
Date:   Fri 16 Oct 01:05

Hi Brian.

My mistake with the timing, I was thinking US versus UK time. Thanks for taking on board the 24h item, 48h would certainly make things more convenient for me!

Here.s to a successful season!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Fri 16 Oct 11:11

Quote:

BigJPar, Thu 15 Oct 17:22

Quote:

Not a real fan.

I agree, not helping the club in its time of need, very selfish.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Oct 11:26

Let.s also bear in mind that we are in difficult and challenging times, DAFC has limited staff and much of the media work is done by volunteers. Understandable the club is for this season trying to go with a simple one size fits all system to make things more manageable. Brian has a huge amount to do to try to accomodate all the regular season ticket holders into an expanded service and to try to sort out any technical glitches/issues. The more complicated things the more work and the more presumably that can potentially go wrong. The club are also trying to come up with pricing that is fair to all under these unusual circumstances. Of course it would have been nice if expats had been communicated with by the club beforehand on this. but the earlier lack of communication with expats will have I am sure simply have been an unintentional oversight due to everyone being very busy. I know our inputs as expats are appreciated by the club.

We could however have done without the nasty tone and lack of recognition of our past help to ParsTV (acknowledged by Brian) by a small number of posters, or the inability of a few to grasp there is a difference between having a ticket with a potential right to attend games at EEP (first prize and priced higher) with one that doesn.t. Fortunately the majority of posters - expat and local have been reasonable on the issue.

I expect the vast majority of expats will be understanding and happy to pay more for this season to keep things fair for all, and to do our bit to help the club (as regular season ticket holders are doing). We are all Pars fans after all - lets all work together for the good of our club.

Hopefully things can go back to normal next season. and in addition to PPV streaming for individual games (nice for fans on holiday abroad) expats can get back to having discounted ParsTV streaming season tickets for buying games in bulk and paying upfront (fair and reasonable).

In the early 1980s for five years I once lived in a hut in the middle of the bush with no electricity apart from a 12v cable plugged into my car.s cigarette lighter. White rhinos I had named Roy Barry, John Lunn and Harry Melrose lived outside in the surrounding bush. I had to get Pars results by tuning in to the BBC World Service shortwave radio to try to pick up the classified football results. Even then due to ionospheric interference I sometimes only would hear the late James Alexander-Gordon say Arbroath 1 Dunfermline Ath cccccccccchhhhh. You then had to guess from his intonation what the result had been. If I was lucky three weeks after the event I might get a match report that my mother had cut out and posted to me wit a letter. Not quite what we are used to now with instant communication through internet and cell phones. Thus even when there are the odd glitches, for me Pars TV is a wonderful and really appreciated service. Thanks again to Brian, Jordan and the rest of the ParsTV team for all they do. Like many ot

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Oct 11:27

Like many others really looking forward to tuning in on Saturday. COYP

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Fri 16 Oct 11:37

Great post Rhino and yes good luck to Brian and the team tomorrow.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Oct 13:09

Quote:

elvis_lives, Fri 16 Oct 11:11

Quote:

Quote:

Not a real fan.

I have supported the club in over 40 years, to say am not a true fan is ott.
Having spoken to Rigger Al, Reading Rhino's Post along with Ross's statement, I can accept others have done more than I have,that was never in dispute.
Whilst I agree with Rhiino regarding expats not being communicated with, we can't just say its due to the workload of Brian/Ross as its been obvious this scenario was coming for months. That being said I will pay for games but I won't be guaranteeing watching all home games so the club will still lose some money if am unable to view.
And like I said it wasn't about the money per se it was the principle of being overlooked as a group who support Brian/club every year.

So unfortunately da no1 the bed will be 1/4 of a mm lower soon as will need to take some of the cash out. But don't worry I will get the maid to count it for me. 😏

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Oct 13:25

Quote:

Thaipar, Fri 16 Oct 13:09

Quote:

elvis_lives, Fri 16 Oct 11:11

Quote:

Quote:

Not a real fan.

I have supported the club in over 40 years, to say am not a true fan is ott.
Having spoken to Rigger Al, Reading Rhino's Post along with Ross's statement, I can accept others have done more than I have,that was never in dispute.
Whilst I agree with Rhiino regarding expats not being communicated with, we can't just say its due to the workload of Brian/Ross as its been obvious this scenario was coming for months. That being said I will pay for games but I won't be guaranteeing watching all home games so the club will still lose some money if am unable to view.
And like I said it wasn't about the money per se it was the principle of being overlooked as a group who support Brian/club every year.

So unfortunately da no1 the bed will be 1/4 of a mm lower soon as will need to take some of the cash out. But don't worry I will get the maid to count it for me. 😏

Peace brother
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sammy_Must_Die  
Date:   Fri 16 Oct 13:53

Wonderful...have just paid for the PPV stream tomorrow. If anyone is any doubt why we should do this and not quibble over a few pounds, please read the Chairman's statement asap.

Thanks to Brian and the club and COYP!!!!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: stevemac  
Date:   Fri 16 Oct 14:15

Is the stream quality good enough only for phone/laptop access?
Would I be able to access say through a fire stick to watch on TV?
Cheers fir any help 👍

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Oct 14:16

please please please please pretty please

I can.t say this enough

get people to purchase this today, do not leave it until tomorrow.

purchase 10 minutes to kick off may mean you miss getting access and you won.t get a refund.

( Just to clarify, I mean that you may need to wait a little time for support. As long as we can help you within a reasonable time you should ask for a refund because you missed the first 5-10 minutes of the kickoff)

Post Edited (Sat 17 Oct 00:13)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Oct 14:17

stevemac yes qaulity is good, it.s not 4K of course
but I believe the quality is good for you to watch even on TV

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Oct 14:21

Thanks Brian.
Obviously not expecting 4k😂
Would prefer to watch on tv than wee screen 😊
Going to go purchase it now 👍

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Oct 14:22

Will do Brian

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Oct 14:32

Brian - Do we need to register with the email address that is linked to the Paypal we are paying from or can the two be different?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Oct 14:37

Quote:

RhinoPars, Fri 16 Oct 14:32

Brian - Do we need to register with the email address that is linked to the Paypal we are paying from or can the two be different?

Think he said he has resolved that issue as its now a direct link.
Can be different I believe

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Oct 15:20

you do not need to use the same paypal email address,

our system now recognises your logged in ParsTV account and also when the paypment notification comes in from paypal and if it is a different paypal email.

the wonders of modern technology .o)

Post Edited (Fri 16 Oct 15:39)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ianoappar  
Date:   Fri 16 Oct 15:50

Firestick works fine use Amazon silk browser and put in Pars tv address.

Post Edited (Fri 16 Oct 19:13)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Oct 15:56

Brian asked me to PLEASE ASK EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO PPV TO PLEASE DO SO TODAY IF POSSIBLE TO GIVE HIM TIME TO SORT OUT ANY ISSUES

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Oct 19:04

Thanks Ianopar
That.s the setup I.ve got for tomorrow.
C.mon the pars 👍

Post Edited (Fri 16 Oct 19:05)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Fri 16 Oct 20:14

Why would you not get a refund if you bought ten mins before the game and couldn’t get access?

Assuming there’s a warning message or something come that time.

Just think you will have a fair amount that will do that who don’t read this forum or won’t know until much closer to the time if they are able to spare the time.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Oct 21:20

Berry,
I don.t think that was what was meant.
I think the issue is to do with buying a few minutes before the game, you have trouble getting setup or access, and takes 5-10 minutes for support to fix.

you wouldn.t expect a refund in that case ? as you got the stream but albeit a bit late.

It would be helpful to resolve issues (of course if there are any) in plenty time and there may not be enough support 5 or 10 minutes before kick off, and we are here to help you .o)

Post Edited (Fri 16 Oct 21:30)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 07:37

also please bear with me today, I.m a bit nervous as well,

or you may just call me grumpy git .o))

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: oapar  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 07:56

Good luck to all at Pars tv today, hope everything goes well and there are no issues. Most of the fans will appreciate all your hard work and understand that you are working in trying circumstances to bring the games to everyone. COYP

Post Edited (Sat 17 Oct 07:59)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 08:04

No worries Brian, good luck for today.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 10:31

Good luck, Brian and team. Greatly appreciate all you’re doing.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 10:55

thank you for your support, much appreciated

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bouncer  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 11:43

I don.t have a Paypal account and the option to pay by debit card isn.t working.
Anyone else in the same boat?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 11:45

Quote:

Bouncer, Sat 17 Oct 11:43

I don.t have a Paypal account and the option to pay by debit card isn.t working.
Anyone else in the same boat?

It worked for me yesterday - you have to click the first PayPal link, then there's an option to pay by card not PayPal.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 11:47

Best of luck to Brian and the ParsTV crew. Won't be watching today (trip to see in-laws 🙁) but looking forward to using it in the future.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 11:52

I can see the option to pay by card but clicking on it does nothing.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 11:53

Good luck Brian. Hope all your hard work pays off.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 11:58

Bouncer click on PayPal

Then use the card payment without logging into PayPal

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 12:00

Did do that Brian, clicking on it does nothing.
That was on Firefox but now seem to have it working on Edge ok.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: davepars  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 12:19

Good luck all at PARS TV. Looking forward to seeing all your hard work pay off come 3pm.

Mon The Pars!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 12:44

Yep good luck, hope all the hard work pays off 👍
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 13:28

I have requested a new password but nothing is coming through?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BlackLight  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 14:11

Got a new password through. Seems to be set up OK for the stream.

A bit pissed off, because I wasn.t able to renew my season ticket online and there was no one in the shop to pick up my various calls in the last few days.

I know none of this is the fault of Pars TV, but I thought I.d have a rant anyway.

Hopefully a decent game today.

COYP.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad123  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 14:28

Meant to be sound on the highlights of the Killie game?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stand Up  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 14:34

Quote:

parsmad123, Sat 17 Oct 14:28

Sound has just come on for me. Wasn’t working to start with.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NikNakPar  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 14:38

All ok for me at the moment.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hammy  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 14:39

Quote:

Stand Up, Sat 17 Oct 14:34

Quote:

parsmad123, Sat 17 Oct 14:28

Sound has just come on for me. Wasn’t working to start with.

Working fine up at Fort Augustus

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 14:41

Great picture, Firefox browser on Firestick!👍👍👍🏁🏁🏁
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: helensburghpar  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 14:48

Looks good on tablet.. Good interview with Stevie.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 14:49

Great audio, great picture

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SusieQ  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 14:50

Season ticket logged in but saying stream is offline?? 🤔🤔

Proud sponsor of Declan McManus` home shirt

COME ON YE PARS!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 14:51

Parts tv on (laptop through the telly)... Most difficult bit of the whole process was getting the laptop screen to fully show on the telly (telly picture settings fixed that)

Just listening to the team sheet and getting excited! Huge thanks to everyone involved and COYP!

Edited to say just heard the tannoy through the window so still getting a bit of the game atmosphere!

Post Edited (Sat 17 Oct 14:55)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARSwede  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 14:53

Just lost stream... Anyone else?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 14:55

Yep, lost it too.

Says “Sorry, this media is offline”

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SusieQ  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 14:56

Got it working now - doesn't work on Firefox 🤔👍🏼

Proud sponsor of Declan McManus` home shirt

COME ON YE PARS!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Underpars  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 14:57

Hit refresh, worked for me.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 15:03

Dont refresh, 1 down 2 mins

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 15:04

Good start
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 15:06

Only a still picture and no sound :-( for me

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc01  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 15:34

Was great till 30mins then stream offline.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 16:03

Brian and parsrv team ,congrats and well done for a great stream quality and half time show ,excellent
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alecm  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 16:10

Quote:

Underpars, Sat 17 Oct 14:57

Thx Underpants refresh worked in time for me to see opening goal .
Thx Brian , Jordan & co... here's hoping the team can go for it in last 40 mins

A.M.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 16:18

Some good new additions to the service.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 16:19

Quote:

alecm, Sat 17 Oct 16:10

Quote:

Underpars, Sat 17 Oct 14:57

Thx Underpants refresh worked in time for me to see opening goal .
Thx Brian , Jordan & co... here's hoping the team can go for it in last 40 mins

Underpants 😂
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net