DAFC.net
Home 30 November 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Old Firm ? game
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Fri 16 Oct 15:15

Strange that Sky have put this game on at the same time as the Liverpool derby on BT .
After hoping Sky would give the Scottish game the coverage that BT have provided over the last few years, it seems the self professed biggest game in the world is lower down Sky's priorities that a championship game that is on tomorrow .

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Old Firm ? game
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Fri 16 Oct 15:33

I don't think its a reflection on their ongoing intentions more just the congestion from Covid and all the games now being broadcast.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Fri 16 Oct 15:40

i suppose most people who have sky have the ability to watch one while taping the other (to watch afterwards)... as long as the presenters realise this and don.t spill the score of the other match

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Fri 16 Oct 15:45

I'd have thought if they wanted the biggest viewing figures, put it on tomorrow at 12 instead of Preston v Cardiff and up against Sheffield Utdv Fulham on BT box office.
Maybe they are using it to cut into BTs viewing figures for tomorrows derby in Liverpool , certainly not the premier time slot is have expected.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Fri 16 Oct 16:01

Aren.t all old firm games early kick-offs nowadays? Probably at the request of the police.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Fri 16 Oct 16:36

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Fri 16 Oct 15:45

I'd have thought if they wanted the biggest viewing figures, put it on tomorrow at 12 instead of Preston v Cardiff and up against Sheffield Utdv Fulham on BT box office.
Maybe they are using it to cut into BTs viewing figures for tomorrows derby in Liverpool , certainly not the premier time slot is have expected.

If that is the case then it is SKYs premier time slot is it not and they think its a big enough game that it would take viewers from the Liverpool derby?

How many people wanting to watch the Liverpool derby are realistically also wanting to watch the Glasgow derby that won't pick the Glasgow game anyway?

Does anyone really care? I cant get excited about this to be honest and if they are doing it to knock BTs numbers then they obviously do value it because they think it can work and has a big enough pull to make a dent in BTs numbers.

With this many games being broadcast and as parathletic says some games must be 12.30 kick offs then there's going to be a clash.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 16 Oct 16:46

Quote:

parathletic, Fri 16 Oct 16:01

Aren.t all old firm games early kick-offs nowadays? Probably at the request of the police.

Wasn't the primary reason for early kos to prevent rival fans getting "tanked up" before the game? If memory serves, these televised games used to have an evening ko. The last of these involved Celtic fans throwing coins at Hugh Dallas, one of which cut his head. A pal of mine at the game said one drunken fan fell from the tier above. He went to the toilet at half-time and found it full of fans, many of whom were too drunk to stand. He left in disgust at that point.

Anyhow back on topic. Liverpool derby or Weegie derby? Tough one, eh? 😉

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 16 Oct 18:13

You.re quite right with what you say there GG but I.d like to add its probably more to do with the drunken behaviour of fans away from the nowhere near the ground, in pubs and houses, getting sloshed rather than trouble in the ground itself. Of course that game when Dallas was assaulted, which saw years of Celtic paranoia reach its zenith, was of course the final straw for those games being played later in the day.

We all hate poverty, war, and injustice.
Unlike the rest of you squares.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 16 Oct 18:16

So if the OF moved to the EPL, would that mean we could get some normality for the rest of Scotland?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: broontroot  
Date:   Fri 16 Oct 23:38

There's not an auld firm anymore, the rangers are a new team
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 00:17

Who's to say BT didn't put Everton v liverpool on the same time as sky chose to show the BBs

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 12:05

Is this Celtic v Sevco match available on PPV? Asking for a friend
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net