DAFC.net
Home 30 November 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Everton liverpool
Topic Originator: Pars_1986  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 14:26

What a game it's been and liverpool have had a goal chopped of by VAR for offside even looking at the picture still on the tv I really dont know how they have decided that was offside
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Everton liverpool
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 14:29

That was an absolutely ridiculous offside call.

Pickford will be out of that Everton team soon enough.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BlackLight  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 14:45

I cannot for the life of me work out why that was offside.

Happy with a draw though. Could be Arsenal.s year (not the first time I.ve said that).

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 14:50

Pickford is a weird one. Capable of pulling off some incredible stops but you always feel like those saves are on the minority and he could cost the team at any minute. I know England aren't blessed with top keepers at the moment but how he is their number one is beyond me.

Post Edited (Sat 17 Oct 14:50)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 14:54

Football is broken

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parforthecourse  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 15:03

Quote:

hudza, Sat 17 Oct 14:54

Football is broken

Yep, agree. To the naked eye, he's level. When you have to stop the game for 2 mins to determine that he's offside by a margin which can only be picked up by a computer, there's something very wrong.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 15:17

If you look at it very closely in the replays you might notice that it was a goal for Liverpool, so VAR made the right call.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SusieQ  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 15:33

Liverpool fans cannot possibly complain about 1 dodgy decision in a derby game after the numerous ones they've had going for them over the years 🤔🥱🙄

Good game and Toffees still unbeaten & top 👏🏼👏🏼

How Pickford continues to get a game tho, I'll never know!

COYB

Proud sponsor of Declan McManus` home shirt

COME ON YE PARS!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 15:51

Quote:

londonparsfan, Sat 17 Oct 14:50

Pickford is a weird one. Capable of pulling off some incredible stops but you always feel like those saves are on the minority and he could cost the team at any minute. I know England aren't blessed with top keepers at the moment but how he is their number one is beyond me.

Never been a fan. Average keeper. Looks like an aggressive wee toad as well

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 16:08

Yeah even as he was being lauded as he was up and coming I didn't think he merited the hype. As he's got older i think he still makes the mistakes a top keeper should have ironed out by now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 17:12

Glad you admit we were robbed Susie. What a travesty. The picture clearly showed him on.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 17:13

Happens dude - VAR worked massively in your favour last year.

Evens out apparently ....... 🤪😉

COME ON YE PARS!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 17:59

Pickford is a liability for both Everton and England. He is a goal waiting to happen, vastly overrated. He can’t have much more lives left for ancellotti.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 18:07

"If you look at it very closely in the replays you might notice that it was a goal for Liverpool, so VAR made the right call."

Your point is very hard to argue against Aaaarghh.

We all hate poverty, war, and injustice.
Unlike the rest of you squares.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 19:49

All joking and blue bias aside - I hate VAR

To give an extremely marginal offside decision already ruled on the field & impossible to spot, naked eye is not a "clear & obvious mistake" when we're talking such fine margins & there's been far too many examples of it.

Liverpool fans really can't complain tho given how many decisions they've had go for them in derbies through the years & how many VAR decisions went for them last year, for example.

It is an utterly **** system tho, agreed, especially with offsides👍🤔

COME ON YE PARS!

Post Edited (Sat 17 Oct 20:14)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 20:33

Aye but if you bring in technology that can show the tiniest of infringements then you can't really complain when they use it to its full potential. I think a change is needed to alert the ref to the potential of an issue and give him one look on a monitor. Not 7 replays from 5 camera angles.
As for today I think they've probably got it right. That's just because I can't see how they could get it wrong with all the resources at their disposal. The trouble is the image they've published as evidence doesn't support their decision. Must do better.
And as for the handball rule, don't get me started...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 20:59

Pretty much agree - some of the replays & decisions are ridiculous.

They can't market it as correcting clear and obvious mistakes tho & then analyse & reverse every minute decision in a game. The refs still need to be able to officiate.

Being maginally offside with a finger or toe shouldn't fall into that category for example!!

Used correctly i think it could be a really good assistant but especially in the PL it really isn't & in most occasions it's just spoiling things for everyone and turns most games into farce.

The refs should be using the monitors more often, agreed. This waiting 2 or 3 minutes for a decision thing is ridiculous. Football is spontaneous & VAR seems to negate most of that while we wait to see if it is or isn't something......

COME ON YE PARS!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 18 Oct 19:00

Confirmation that Virgil will be out of action for a lengthy spell, perhaps even the rest of the season. A truly crushing blow.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54590771

I would think any chance of retaining the Premiership title is out of the window now.

Eta. I wonder if the EPL will now look at the incident with Pickford and issue a 3 match ban for his reckless lunge. Not that it will help the Liverpool captain any.

Not your average Sunday League player.

Post Edited (Sun 18 Oct 19:04)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sun 18 Oct 19:10

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 18 Oct 19:00

Confirmation that Virgil will be out of action for a lengthy spell, perhaps even the rest of the season. A truly crushing blow.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54590771

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 18 Oct 19:18

Pickford knew exactly what he was doing ... there is a nasty streak in his mercurial noggin

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Oct 19:23

Quote:

Buspasspar, Sun 18 Oct 19:18

Pickford knew exactly what he was doing ... there is a nasty streak in his mercurial noggin

I can't believe that he's so nasty that he's pleased to have inflicted such a serious injury on a professional colleague.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parforthecourse  
Date:   Sun 18 Oct 19:26

Quote:

I would think any chance of retaining the Premiership title is out of the window now.

A bit strong to suggest that they have no chance of retaining the title, although it does damage them.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sun 18 Oct 19:32

Don't think he would be looking to do permanent damage, but most of these guys are happy to leave a bit on their opponent - the latter on rare occasion can lead to the former, but i doubt that's ever in the thought process when they're in the moment
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sun 18 Oct 20:53

Yeah I don't think Pickford has it in him to deliberately put a guy out of business for the sake of it.
Not least that he knew he was risking a red card and penalty had the flag not saved him.
As for Liverpool, yes they will find it hard to adapt now in defence. Fabinho will most likely step into his role and Klopp will have his work cut out to come up with a new defensive strategy but that's what he's there for.
Injuries happen all the time and a manager should always think ahead to a plan B before they even happen.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte

Post Edited (Sun 18 Oct 20:54)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 18 Oct 21:18

Except Liverpool have rarely had any injuries to key players to contend with over the last 2-3 years.
Man City have been without Aguero, De Bruyne and Laporte for example for long periods of time

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sun 18 Oct 21:28

Yeah I know what you're saying and Liverpool will find it tough without Van Dyke but, you know, I think this season is an open book as long as fans are not allowed back and anything can happen.
Players don't feel the pre match pressure as they should do and so, I'd throw all this key player stuff out the window for the foreseeable future.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Oct 21:52

Quote:

parforthecourse, Sun 18 Oct 19:26

Quote:

A bit strong to suggest that they have no chance of retaining the title, although it does damage them.

Maybe I didn't express myself very well. I meant that it was always going to very difficult to retain the title with all your key players fit, since everyone tends to raise their game v the champions.

Losing your top defender makes a tough task almost impossible, given Liverpool don't have a top class replacement for Virgil.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Oct 21:55

Quote:

AdamAntsParsStripe, Sun 18 Oct 20:53

Yeah I don't think Pickford has it in him to deliberately put a guy out of business for the sake of it.
Not least that he knew he was risking a red card and penalty had the flag not saved him.
As for Liverpool, yes they will find it hard to adapt now in defence. Fabinho will most likely step into his role and Klopp will have his work cut out to come up with a new defensive strategy but that's what he's there for.
Injuries happen all the time and a manager should always think ahead to a plan B before they even happen.

The offside saved Pickford from conceding a penalty. It should NEVER have saved him from being sent off. It was violent and reckless. Whether the ball is in play or not, is irrelevant.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-ticular  
Date:   Sun 18 Oct 21:58

Richarleson has a bad tackle , sent off and apologises all round and Pickford puts a fellow pro out the game for approximately 6 months and .....and so far I have seen nothing.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Oct 22:01

Fabinho will be a good replacement. Great tackler although not as athletic (but then who is?)
What about Wijnaldum in front of him?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sun 18 Oct 22:09

Quote:

par-ticular, Sun 18 Oct 21:58

Richarleson has a bad tackle , sent off and apologises all round and Pickford puts a fellow pro out the game for approximately 6 months and .....and so far I have seen nothing.

Haven't seen much about Robertson's tackle on Allan either. Was a nasty one and could have been a red in my opinion. That doesn't fit the agenda though.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 19 Oct 01:05

Pickfords got one of they faces you wouldn't tire of slapping. Overrated keeper and thug to boot. No like

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Oct 01:12

Quote:

da_no_1, Mon 19 Oct 01:05

Pickfords got one of they faces you wouldn't tire of slapping. Overrated keeper and thug to boot. No like

Aye, he is an absolute melt. Believed his own hype after the last World Cup. Has at least two brain farts a game at the moment.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 19 Oct 11:06

Liverpool were 11/8 best price for the league prior to the game on Saturday. You can now get 9/4

That.s quite an impact!

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Mon 19 Oct 12:23

Decent price for a team that won so convincingly last season and who are 64 matches unbeaten at home. Losing van Dijk is a blow, no doubt, but overall their squad is stronger than last year. Gomez/Matip and Fabinho will fill in until January and then reinforcements will probably arrive. They.ve got Man City away next month but that apart they have some favourable fixtures until the window reopens.

Should be a more entertaining league this season, Man City aren.t the same team of a year or two ago either and every single team looks like they could take a beating just now-wouldn.t like to call it.

With regards to Pickford, he is Joe Hart take two. Hopefully he stays as England number one for a long time to come :)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Mon 19 Oct 12:51

Hopefully someone outside the 'big six' wins the league and ideally another one or two others get ahead of them and grab a couple of the European slots
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 19 Oct 14:03

No retrospective action can be taken against Pickford as the officials saw the incident at the time.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-ticular  
Date:   Mon 19 Oct 14:39

Guys when I said I hadn’t seen/heard anything I was referring to an apology from Pickford, and was comparing his action to that of his teammates Still FA closed ranks, ref saw incident and thought it was ok so no problems!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Oct 15:20

In a situation like that you would have thought the ref should be required to explain publicly why he took no action - not even a yellow card!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Oct 15:43

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 19 Oct 14:03

No retrospective action can be taken against Pickford as the officials saw the incident at the time.

Did they now? You could have fooled me.

Had the police been in attendance they might have considered arresting Prickford on the spot for deliberate assault.

Eta. The Mirror appear to believe Prickford could still be handed a hefty, retrospective suspension.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/furious-graeme-souness-disagrees-jamie-22867552.amp

What's the secret for activating a link? Tiddlywink kens - he fixed one for me yesterday. 🙂

Post Edited (Mon 19 Oct 15:50)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Oct 15:57

Information is power!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Mon 19 Oct 16:26

Topic Originator: GG Riva like | nolike
Date: Mon 19 Oct 15:43

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 19 Oct 14:03

Did they now? You could have fooled me.

Had the police been in attendance they might have considered arresting Prickford on the spot for deliberate assault.

Eta. The Mirror appear to believe Prickford could still be handed a hefty, retrospective suspension.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/furious-graeme-souness-disagrees-jamie-22867552.amp

What.s the secret for activating a link? Tiddlywink kens - he fixed one for me yesterday. 🙂

BBcode is needed so put url at beginning of link surrounded by square brackets and /url also surrounded by square brackets at the end to activate a link

Post Edited (Mon 19 Oct 16:28)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Oct 16:52

Looks like the Mirror was havering - the BBC has said that there will be no retrospective ban because the match officials and VAR saw the incident and didn't deem it worthy of even a yellow card. The FA don't want to be seen to be re-refereeing a match.

So wee eck was right, but I bet he wishes he had been wrong on this occasion. I've always considered Michael Oliver to be one of the best, if not the best, refs in the EPL, but that was a shocker. As for the VAR official, had he nipped away for a pie and a bovril because I can't believe he didn't ask Oliver to have a look at the pitchside monitor.

These guys are paid a very handsome salary - they need to be better than that.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Oct 18:33

Has Van Dijk passed away? Minute by minute analysis of his "tragic injury" on Sky Sports News for anyone who is interested. Hysterical calls for Pickford to be arrested, conveniently forgetting Van Dijk had a shocker of a challenge against Napoli last season that was lucky not to break Mertens ankle but again nothing made of that.
The media and Liverpool fans are like rabid dogs whenever anything goes against them.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Mon 19 Oct 18:41

Quote:

Frank Butchers LoveHandles, Mon 19 Oct 18:33

Has Van Dijk passed away? Minute by minute analysis of his "tragic injury" on Sky Sports News for anyone who is interested. Hysterical calls for Pickford to be arrested, conveniently forgetting Van Dijk had a shocker of a challenge against Napoli last season that was lucky not to break Mertens ankle but again nothing made of that.
The media and Liverpool fans are like rabid dogs whenever anything goes against them.

Boys already getting death threats towards him and his family. Embarrassing stuff from Liverpool fans
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Mon 19 Oct 19:15

Surely not - I thought they were the best fans in the world

Andy J
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Oct 21:38

And they have the cheek to call Toffees bitter!!

Heaven help us all if we ever win the derby - some of their little heads will explode in fury!!

Can't stand Pickford & I think he was very lucky on Saturday, but to say it was premeditated, call for him to be banned for the same time Van Dijk is out or to be arrested for assault lol is utterly ridiculous behaviour.

Short memories those loveable Reds ... 🤔

COME ON YE PARS!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Oct 21:56

Predictable hysterical responses from the looney element in the Liverpool fan base, but equally predictable, less-than-objective outbursts from the Dotnet Man U fan club above.

I wonder how different their take would have been if someone like Rashford had been on the wrong end of that potentially career-ending "tackle"?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 20 Oct 06:25

More controversy followed David Coot and Michael Oliver at the Leeds-Wolves game last night, when they failed to spot/address a deliberate kick to the crown jewels of his Leeds marker by Raul Jimenez, after he was bundled over.

Even more incredible, the incident took place next to the dugouts, presumably right under the nose of the 4th official. The easiest red card decision you'll ever see.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net