DAFC.net
Home 29 November 2020 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Allan out on loan
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Wed 21 Oct 18:52

better to get him out playing than sitting on the bench at best every week, not sure Albion Rovers on that pitch will bring the best out of him mind you.

even if it is only until January the squad looks very thin now, a first team of 18 and 5 kids with no experience at all.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Allan out on loan
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 21 Oct 18:55

Isn.t that a bit of a contradiction - best to loan him out but our squad looks very thin now?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Wed 21 Oct 19:10

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 21 Oct 18:55

Isn.t that a bit of a contradiction - best to loan him out but our squad looks very thin now?

Not really, it’s best for the player to loan him out as he isn’t experienced enough to make a real impact in our first team line-up so best to get games.

Numbers wise it’s just another one down so there must be another couple of players coming in surely as we don’t have any depth.

Post Edited (Wed 21 Oct 19:10)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 21 Oct 20:23

There is another consideration which we amateur managers never have to bother about - budget.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Wed 21 Oct 20:28

Yes, surely if he kicks on at Albion Rovers, then he is good for January, when we might need him, whereas if he stays then could waste a whole season with few games.

Good for him and us to get first team games.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Wed 21 Oct 22:22

Perhaps we are putting players out on loan to cut our wage bill.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 21 Oct 22:46

I.m struggling to think of any Pars player we have sent out on loan who has returned and established himself in the first team. Stuart Morrison was out on loan last season and not offered a contract and Allan himself was on loan at Brechin. It seems to be the kiss of death. Callum Smith is another who comes to mind.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Thu 22 Oct 06:19

Well it.s really up to the player I think, they have to have the ability and strength of character to kick on anyway.

They need to play 1st team football as quickly as possible, and I don.t think we have a reserve team?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Thu 22 Oct 08:24

While we haven.t seen much of him, I liked what I saw before he went on loan last season. First impressions were he was composed and a good passer of the ball. Just seen he has gone out on loan so revised my post. Hope he makes progress. Without any reserve/youth team this season it is going to be difficult for any squad player not playing regularly this season.

Post Edited (Thu 22 Oct 09:00)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Thu 22 Oct 11:35

Must be a bit of a baptism of fire for Todd and Cusick at Brechin-hopefully doesn.t have a detrimental effect on them. Getting pumped every week.4 games played and 21 conceded.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Thu 22 Oct 12:48

The honest truth is that Brechin should have been relegated last season. Their board don't seem to be able to fund the team. I feel sorry for all up at Glebe Park.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jock-par  
Date:   Thu 22 Oct 14:39

Agreed Brechin will be gone this season. Will be interesting when the play Kelty in the betfred

We are Dunfermline, we're on our way back!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Thu 22 Oct 15:22

Agree about Brechin,
Real shame , 1 of the best away days in Scottish football

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net