DAFC.net
Home 26 February 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Contracts
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Fri 20 Nov 22:52

Anyone got a list of who's deal expires when?

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Contracts
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Fri 20 Nov 23:22

My virgin contract expired last month if that helps 😳

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Fri 20 Nov 23:24

Can we start a fund to extend Ewan Murray's contract ASAP? Bit early but best CB we have had for years
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parak obama  
Date:   Fri 20 Nov 23:25

Quote:

widtink, Fri 20 Nov 23:22

Late bloomer sir? 😜

[IMG]https://share2.co.uk/f/1152_471_P300411_16.49_[02].jpg[/IMG]
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Fri 20 Nov 23:31

in last weeks Press, Crawford mentioned about speaking to Murray about a new deal but with covid, money issues etc it wouldnt be easy. the list...

end of this season:
Gill, Comrie, Martin, E.Murray, Whittaker, Dow, Turner, McGill, Bowman, Fenton, Berry, Swinton.
Edwards and Cusick too but they have a 1 year option.
Mayo, McInroy, F.Murray loans expire.

end of 21/22:
Fon Williams, Watson, Wilson, Allan, Todd, Thomas, McManus, McCann

end of 22/23
O`Hara

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Sat 21 Nov 08:22

Definitely a few on there we need to get signed up...Notably Dow, Murray and Turner!

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 21 Nov 08:23

Quote:

widtink, Fri 20 Nov 23:22

Don't worry, you'll improve over time.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Sat 21 Nov 12:04

Murray, Dow, Turner, Whittaker & Martin you`d imagine we almost certainly want to extend. Edwards having an option for an extension also means that`s probably quite an easy deal to get completed which both parties would be happy with. Probably Murray is the only one that might be a little more urgent to try and get done earlier to avoid bigger clubs tempting him away. Its good to hear that that is already being discussed, our transfer policy has been very good recently and Craw and company seem to be well on top of everything.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Feb 13:54

bump this thread back up after the signings/re-signings in the last month or so

end of this season:
Gill, Martin, E.Murray, Whittaker, Turner, McGill; Swinton, Fenton, Berry,
Edwards and Cusick too but they have a 1 year option.
Mayo, McInroy, F.Murray, Banks loans expire.

end of 21/22:
Fon Williams, Watson, Wilson, Allan, Todd, Dow, Thomas, McManus, McCann

end of 22/23
Comrie, Macdonald, Gaspuitis (presuming all the paperwork etc gets cleared), O`Hara, Wighton

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARS207  
Date:   Sat 13 Feb 14:29

good we have 14 signed up going forward

out the ones for end of the season only see 2 maybe 3 being offered deals plus the option on Edwards.

Post Edited (Sat 13 Feb 14:51)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 13 Feb 15:10

Craw not been in touch with me yet, hardly going to be the most expensive to keep on the books....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: livipar2  
Date:   Sat 13 Feb 15:30

Josh Edwards would probably be top of my list. Probably my player of the season so far, vast improvement from last season, still very young and inexperienced. I’d be keen to tie him down for a few years as there is possibility of a decent fee at some stage.

Mon the Pars!!!!!!!!!!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sat 13 Feb 16:11

Quote:

livipar2, Sat 13 Feb 15:30

Josh Edwards would probably be top of my list. Probably my player of the season so far, vast improvement from last season, still very young and inexperienced. I’d be keen to tie him down for a few years as there is possibility of a decent fee at some stage.

Absolutely agreed. Been really consistent.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Sat 13 Feb 17:04

Funny how a few months back it would have been Turner we all wanted signed. Hopefully he still will. Agree the Edwards has improved a great deal
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 13 Feb 17:49

When Josh Edwards played at Alloa last season I thought the guy is useless. This season Josh has changed things round, I hope that he plays for us for seasons to come. We'll done Josh.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sun 14 Feb 15:10

As sad as I am to say it, but this could be the end of Lewis Martin’s tenure at the Pars. He’s been ravaged with injuries. A real shame, as I think he is a fantastic talent and could have been a real Pars stalwart but business is business and we can’t afford players that are injured constant.

Turner and Murray will be away to bigger clubs, presumably Hearts and Aberdeen, respectively, if the rumours are correct. I believe the big man Gaspuitas will be Murray’s replacement and Dow will be the new captain. I would really like to see Mayo and Fraser Murray stay another year as I think they are fantastic young talents but Hibs and Rangers might have other ideas for them.

All depends what league we are in next season as well. I think we’ve definitely improved since AJ but still that bit short of quality to get us there. The play-offs are a long, hard slog, especially if you finish 3rd or 4th.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 14 Feb 15:47

Agree with the above post. I think that Turner needs another season with us. He risks making the same mistake as FEB. Murray was likely to only be with us for one season but I would like to see him stay on one more year.

If they both decide their future is elsewhere. Good luck to them. They have both performed well for us.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par_33  
Date:   Sun 14 Feb 16:35

Josh Edwards has played every single minute this season, sign him up!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sun 14 Feb 16:38

I wouldn't lose any sleep over Turner leaving, he is okay in this division, but I can't see why Hearts would want him for the Premiership. At the start of the season he wasn't exactly the first name on the team sheet.
I agree about Lewis Martin, as much as I like him as a player, we can't afford to keep a player who is constantly injured unfortunately.
Cammy Gill is a keeper I would like to see stay, I think the hope is that when OFW playing contract is up, he will have worked with Cammy to have him ready as his replacement, but he needs to have games under his belt, he's hardly played in a year
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Sun 14 Feb 17:38

OFW training Cammy 😱 That could set the young lad back.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sun 14 Feb 18:01

Quote:

Parsfangaz, Sun 14 Feb 17:38

Not necessarily, playing ability doesn't necessarily equate to coaching ability. Look at Christophe Lollichon
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 14 Feb 18:06

Really don’t see Cammy being our No.1.

I thought he would’ve had his chance by now and a good run in the team but just never materialised. In the odd game he has played he hasn’t made the most of it in my view but important for a GK to back him and give him a run of games for confidence.

I just cant see that happening.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Sun 14 Feb 20:09

I remember seeing Murray in a game for Raith and thought he was horrendous. I was actually laughing at my Raith supporting mate at how bad he was. Times changed!!! Lol
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Sun 14 Feb 20:23

Quote:

red-star-par, Sun 14 Feb 18:01

Quote:

Parsfangaz, Sun 14 Feb 17:38

Not necessarily, playing ability doesn't necessarily equate to coaching ability. Look at Christophe Lollichon

Hence why I said “could”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bannerpar  
Date:   Mon 15 Feb 12:41

Does anyone know how these Option clauses in contracts work? If the Club decides to invoke it for a further year does the player get signed up automatically or can the player say he doesn`t fancy it and walk away. thinking about Edwards here, I wouldn`t like to see him leave for nothing as he is a definite asset.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Feb 13:05

if he turns it down or another offer from us, we would be due a fee as he is under 23.

from the first teamers Gill, Martin and Whittaker are the only real difficult decisions to make for different reasons imo.
whether its his decision or the clubs, Gill should go and try play somewhere week in week out then its a case of how do you replace him, a young prospect? a serious challenger to Fon Williams? try and bring in someone from abroad before its nearly impossible to do so?

Martin as others have said because of injuries, if he got fit near the end of the season do you offer a deal till the new year and see what happens then? can you

Whittaker has just done an interview talking about playing and coaching and he will decide whether to keep playing towards the end of the season, has he done enough only as a player to merit a new deal? if he retired, are we in a position to keep him on as a coach?

the loanees, Mayo id take back if possible, McInroy the same whether he gets released by Celtic or not in the summer, Murray im undecided and depends on what else is available.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Mon 15 Feb 14:38

I think Murray has shown at least as much promise as McInroy so far.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bannerpar  
Date:   Mon 15 Feb 14:41

They`ll have to decide if Gill is a worthwhile long term prospect and if so, get him out on loan for a season or two and bite the bullet with getting a decent stand in for OFW if he`s injured or off-form.
I`d take Mayo again but I doubt that Rangers would let him out to us again and would go for McInroy if he becomes available. I hope they give Lewis Martin every chance of coming back but things aren`t looking good there.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Feb 15:05

Of the loan players, its unlikely I think that Banks will be back, I`d try and get the other 3 if possible. My priority would be Mayo, but I`d imagine he`d be hardest to lure back, after that would be very happy to have F Murray and I`d take McInroy - he`d be the easiest to get done I`d guess.

For the others, E Murray is likely to be away. Turner I`d offer another contract but wouldn`t be going wild on the terms, if he moves in we can find someone else. I`d take up the option for Edwards. Whittaker, not sure, I was a big fan at the start of the season but now wouldn`t have him in the first XI...maybe, depends on the coaching needs. Martin, if he comes back before the end of the season maybe something short term. Gill, not sure either, both parties may want to move on.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: incognito  
Date:   Fri 19 Feb 19:38

Turner should be our top priority! Absolute gem of a player so I doubt he will be at us next season.

As for Murray he`s very replaceable nothing special.

With the loans I`d be happy to have Mayo back the others are neither here nor there.

"Did you see what happened to the magic car?

It turned into a street!"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Fri 19 Feb 20:02

As above Turner should be offered a contract right away... he is quality and we should be looking at Mayo and Mcinroy even back on loan again.
With Lewis Martin he might be looking at the end of his pars career..... really liked him as a player but needs to prove his fitness.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Fri 19 Feb 22:12

Just because nothing's been made public it doesn't mean there hasn't been an offer made to him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Fri 19 Feb 22:22

Surprised nobody has asked.... Or even demanded a statement from the board on this matter.
Time yet though.... 😳

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 19 Feb 23:41

I must be in the minority but i'm not arsed about Turner.

If he stays fine. If he moves on then so be it. Frankly I'm amazed Hearts want him.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Fri 19 Feb 23:43)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Fri 19 Feb 23:46

Think he's matured this season. Remember thinking at some games last season that he seemed to be regularly looking pretty angry and complaining at his team mates.
I think he could be a Scottish Premier League player. Seems to have the drive anyway.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 20 Feb 00:32

Maybe I'm s bit harsh but for a midfielder he doesn't score anywhere near enough goals.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Sat 20 Feb 06:55

Turner has improved hugely - in my opinion our best player this season. It does appear that something has happened in the background and unfortunately he seems to be out of the picture at the moment. I could name a huge number of top midfield players who don’t score many goals.

Andy J
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Feb 07:45

Turned has improved this season, I`d be happy to him for stay but for me he does need to contribute more goals and assists, as he is often the attacking midfielder whether we play with 2 or 3 in central midfield.
Euan Murray has been excellent, but again if he chooses to move on I wouldn`t lose much sleep on it. Of course it would be difficult to replace him but not impossible. Nisbet moved on and the team has improved. The squad is getting better each window, it is a good sign (if a little frustrating) that players are leaving us and moving up the leagues.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 20 Feb 09:52

Does anyone know what Fraser Murray`s contractual position is with Hibs? I think he has been a very useful member of the squad.

If Aberdeen, say, were really interested in Euan Murray why would they not have offered him a pre-contract agreement?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Sat 20 Feb 10:16

Pretty sure Fraser Murray has a contract until 2023 at hibs. But I'd be surprised if he'd be able to break into their squad next season. So they'll probably loan him out again or sell him for a small fee if possible
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARS207  
Date:   Sat 20 Feb 10:56

wee_eck, maybe aberdeen have offered a PCA to Euan, and he is just biding his time on it to see his options

would be amazed if Lewis Martin got another year, maybe a reduced deal till January to prove his fitness at the very most i think club would offer if anything at all

Turner am not sure off, needs to be a lot more consistent and more performances like he had against Hearts at home but they been very far and few between

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net